Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Magic School-The Story Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Magic School-The Story Game Reply with quote

I've been planning on this for a while. I've had Magic School going for about a year now and I thought that maybe a storygame would be more interesting than just an RP.

I know that it starts off long, but I couldn't get to a decision point.

Chapter 1

Have you ever felt that feeling? The one where you think that you have forgotten something important? When you’re walking home from school, or just letting your mind wander - yet not wander too far? Have you ever felt that feeling that you will be in trouble, or that something bad is going to happen to you? Yet in the end it was just a feeling. Just you’re mind playing tricks. Nothing bad happened and there was nothing important that you forgot?

Have you ever heard a voice? A voice you recognise that calls your name? Just quietly, in the distance, in your head. Yet so clear that you turn to face who ever it is, before you realise that it was just your mind playing tricks again?

I have had that feeling. I have heard that voice. The voice of my mother, calling my name. Eevery time I get a strange feeling of Wrong. I am a Witch. Not an ordinary witch that you find in books and stories, but a real one. I have powers, enemies and friends. I enjoy life, I also suffer. I get ill, I get treated. To an ordinary human I seem to be one of them. I could walk around amongst you all and you would not notice anything different about me, if I wanted to. But I don’t.

I have the voice of my mother and the powers of my father. Mum was a Singer. She literally sung people to sleep, or even death. Dad was a Fighter. He held a sword and shield and wore armour that was always polished to a shine. He also had the power to sense danger. And as a result you have me!

It gets hard you know. Sensing danger, and having to make the choice. Fight it, or leave? Sometimes I have to run. Run away from the danger and leave people to their fates. But put it this way: If I die, there will be one less person to protect the world. And there are no longer many of us left.

We’ve been getting wiped out for years now. It is getting harder for us as we get weaker, and they get stronger. They killed them, you know? Mum was killed by a Regnis. Dad was killed by another monster. But nobody knows what. Some Mages say it was humans. Others say it was Vampires or Vampanese. But the Vampire communities and their close relatives don’t like fighting against Mages. Mages and Vampires have nothing to do with each other. We are not friends - or enemies. We just are. We keep out of each other’s ways, and keep our noses in our own business.

But some people believe that my father is not dead. Some still say that he lives - that he is out there looking for me. And it is for that reason that I am out here, looking for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Triennia!” a distant voice calls to me. I turn with hope to see my mother, but I am yet again disappointed. Every time it catches me out. Every single bloody time! Then the Feeling comes. Deep dpwn in my guts, I feel something tighten, and I look around nervously. Danger hangs so heavily in the air, I can almost taste it.

This isn’t good. I think. Run. Stay. Run. Stay. The options cross my mind in a hurry. I pull out my sword and glance around me. I say sternly, out loud.
"Stay.”

The fields are wide and go as far as the eye can see. Not just any fields though. Battle-fields. They will attack us anyway, even if we are not here. But it is better to be here when they attack, than with the humans. For with some of them, you need look at them only once, and it will be the last thing you see.

I stand in the middle of a corn field. The crops are not too high, for they have not been planted that long ago. I stay completely still. Looking across the fields, I listen carefully for anyone approaching, but there is no-one. And there is silence.

A small man is suddenly in front me. Crap not him! I scream inside my head.
“Hello, darling.” He smiles. I lash out with my sword, but he moves out of the way. He appears again behind me. “You should know by now that you can’t defeat a Storm Dwarf that easily, darling.” The smile still stretched across his face. He begins to spin and wind picks up, forming rapidly into a tornado. He spins - and I run. I run as fast as I can, a twisting and twirling wind dancing happily after me - catching up with me. Lightning comes crashing down missing me by centimetres, and I run in a zigzag fashion to make it harder to get caught.

“You cannot escape me, young Witch.” He laughs. I run as fast as I can, and finally I get far away enough for a rest. I get out a small, glowing ball from my pocket and stare right at the centre of it. There is a flash and I find myself at a place I like to call my home.

Not much of a home. It’s just a gap between the roots of some old oak tree. But I have a pile of straw for a bed and it keeps the wind off me. Also if I ever get cold, Dodle will come and keep me warm. Dodle is my Alsatian dog. He’s very strange, but he’s lovely, and warms me up in the winter.

Now I am home, I am safe. But I cannot stay hidden forever. Storm Dwarfs do not like it when we run away. They will finish the battle whether or not they win. Not a single Storm Dwarf has ever been involved in a battle without a victory to either them or the Mage. And it is only a matter of time until I have to go out and face him again.

I clamber out of my little den and climb a few branches of the old tree. Once I’m as high as I dare go, I stop. I sit on the branch and rest against the bark. Dodle lies at the bottom of the tree, panting heavily in the shade, out of the reach of the mid-day sun.

Suddenly I hear a twig snap. Dodle pricks his ears to get a better listen, but he doesn’t move. I freeze in my place, my green outfit camouflaging me in the tree. Foot steps are heard, and then they stop. Now Dodle is on his feet and growling at the bushes near by.

I sit here. Still. Not daring to move incase I make a noise or slip and fall. I’m shocked that someone has managed to get so close without me or Dodle realising. It’s very hard to sneak through a forest without making a sound. The only ones I know who could do such a thing are…oh no! The Storm Dwarfs.

Storm Dwarfs can travel in the wind, like other Storm Mages. Or it could be the Light Travellers. Well, I’m sure you can guess how they travel. Either that, or something a lot worse that I have never fought before.

Dodle stops growling. He looks up towards me and starts to bark. Then he barks at the bushes again. Shushing sounds can now be heard from the bushes. I start to wonder why I haven’t sensed any danger. My powers can’t be failing again - I haven’t used them in full for a month so that I wouldn’t suffer from more Power Loss.

“Ah, for Pete’s Sake!” Whispers an annoyed voice from the bushes. A moment later, Dodle freezes. Now, that is enough! I jump down from the tree, and go dizzy as I use magic to ease my fall. Two tall figures clamber out of the bushes. one is a tall young girl, I’d guess around the age of 15. She wears long jeans with a black lightning bolt running down her right leg, and a T-shirt with a yellow lightning bolt down her front. Next to her stands a boy, a few inches taller than her. He is in Mage Robes as dark as a moonless night. I gasp and take a step back.

“Who are you?” I demand, putting on a brave face.

“Hello there!” says the girl cheerfully. The boy waves his Hellos. “Sorry about your dog. I’ll unfreeze him as long as you don’t let him hurt us. He’s a very good guard dog though.”

“Not until you tell me who you are.” I say sternly, unprepared to take any chances.

“I am Tramp in a Storm! Head Teacher of the Magic School in the City of IF.” Says the girl.

“Hi. I’m Idea Master. Storms boyfriend, and I also help around the school.” Smiles the boy. “But you can call me IM if it’s easier.” He adds.

“And I’ll answer to Tramp or Storm.” Adds the girl.

“I’m Triennia. Part Fighter-Mage part Singer-Mage.” I introduce myself, confused. “What brings you to my home?”

“Well, we were wondering if you would like to join our School. It started out as a small school where we taught children the ways of magic by day, and by night…well, we had fun.” Starts Storm.

“It is now a large castle, forward slash battlefield, forward slash demeted school.” Grins IM. I stare at the two, wondering if they are mad. The girl nudges him and rephrases his sentence slightly.

“It is a lovely building with tall towers, unexplored places, large grounds… A place of Magical Wonders.” She smiles. “And battles, and demons, and secret pubs.” She adds quickly under her breath.

The two strangers turn and disappear in the trees and bushes, leaving me alone, with Dodle, to think about their proposal. I climb back up to my perch and rest. Who were they? I know their names but, that’s it. What is this Magic School? They described it rather oddly - What good will it do to me? But would giving it a try really be that bad? I might be safer there from the Storm Dwarf.

Tramp in a Storm is a strange name… But her necklace... The image of the star hanging from a string around her neck comes to my mind. It’s the sign of a Tramp Witch. They come from Mars, I think… Maybe she was a Storm Witch. They are Arch Enemies with Storm Demons and Storm Dwarfs.

After some thought, I decide to give it a go. I jump down from my perch before I remember that I have power failure syndrome - but it's too late. I crash to the floor and use some magic to keep myself from being injured. I get a few bruises, and I go dizzy when I stand up- but i manage to stay on my feet, and I go into my den to pack my stuff.

Dodle is sniffing around me and looking at me with big eyes.
“Don’t worry, Dodle. I’ll be back. Stay here. Stay hidden. Stay safe. And look after home, will you? I’d like to have somewhere to go when I return.” I smile, hug him, ruffle his hair behind his ears and crawl out of my den.

I’m soon making my way, tracking down the two Mages. I got trained to do that in Mage School. I graduated only last week. Going back to school (if that’s what it is) will be very strange.

After a long walk I come to a road leading straight to a City. The city is guarded by large, golden gates. The letters IF are at the top and I take a deep breath, this is it. I carry on walking and soon I am at the gates. I look up and feel like an ant as they tower over me. As I look through the gaps to get a better look at the city, I see that there are tall buildings in the middle. Around the outside are mines of some sort on one side, and fields on the other. Fields covered in flowers and fields covered in...Is that blood? Blood and bodies of monsters and beasts - and people! .

I begin to think again about this. I can hear voices of pain from the mines, like trapped souls. And why has a city got battle fields? Yet I do not feel anything. There is no sinking feeling in my gut. No feeling of 'wrong' or 'trouble' - and I cannot hear my mother's voice calling my name to warn me.

I see a button on the gates.

Please press and wait to be invited in.
Thank you,

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She said Of. She did you know. It was Of, I'm sure. Or was it Aha?

Tea Cures All.
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...ok...as far as dp's go...not the greatest Sad .

She has two clear options*, go to an unknown city or go to a city that she's been told to go to and that she wants to get to...hmmmm....

* Of course there are potentially hundreds of other options e.g
1) She could look for another magic school.
2) She could go back up the road to her house and fall asleep
3) She could go seek out the storm troll and fight it
4) She could suddenly decide that magic isn't really her thing and take up hockey. etc.

Perhaps the poll could have some less clear options in it as well Laughing

Anyway the story itself is pretty good, with an impressive opening few paragraphs Smile .

Jez Cool
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean my opening was good? Yesh! woo! Finaly! I good opening! Very Happy

Yeah you're right. I'm not that good with Dps. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go change it.

Byt the way I think it would be NF not OF. Normal Fable instead of InterFable or Insane Fable or any of those other things that IF stands for. lol.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed the ending a bit and the DP. Does she ring the bell and go to IF to find Magic School. Or does she turn around and go home?

JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a better dp Smile , I guess the sensible option would be to go home (give up magic and take up hockey Laughing )...but a little boring so I suggest that she goes ahead and rings the bell - onward into IF Smile .

Not being a Chinaren or another picky mod I didn't actually go through each sentance hunting for errors. The only mistake I noticed was:

Quote:
The city is guearded by large, golden gates.
*guarded.

Last edited by JezSharp on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:13 am; edited 3 times in total
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. ok thanks. That bit I typed on IF when I edited the post. lol. I blame the keyboard! Very Happy *runs off to change it*

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, think she should ring the bell, there is no sense of trouble and the people seamed nice enough, if a little strange. Smile
But yeah, good start, looking forward to more Very Happy

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she should be about to go in when she actually sees one of If's residents wandering*. This makes her think twice about going in by obvios means and so she sneaks in through the mines. Of course, this way she could meet IM on an inspection and be hilariosly quiestioned on why she's there and has she looked in the crates and everthing else.

*preferebly Flauna dancing naked in the flower fields again.

Tea Cures All.

Last edited by The White Blacksmith on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that sounds feasible enough. good, actually Smile

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2

I stare at the button. I have nothing to lose, have I? Only Dodle. I seriously doubt that I will lose my life just by entering a city.

There is a sound in the distance. It’s coming from one of the fields - the one with flowers. For some reason there seem to be more flowers than before, and there is a woman singing and…skipping around. She’s quite far away from where I am, but as far as I can see, she seems to be wearing no clothes.

I doubt that I will lose my life by entering a city. But I do not doubt that I will lose my sanity by entering the city of IF.

I look at the button on the gate. I’m worried that if I press the button, the woman in the fields will be the one who comes to answer my call. I decide that I should try and sneak around the gates, and get in secretly. Then try to find Storm or IM and Magic School.

I follow the gates with my eyes. They go on and on, but they do end, some way in the distance on both sides. I start walking and graduate to a run.

I finally get to the end. The gates get smaller and disappear into the ground. I step to the other side of them and I find myself on a muddy hill. I look around. There is a large, ugly, grey building in the distance and another hill, a bit closer to me. There is a hole in it, and railways tracks leading into total darkness.

I walk towards it. I hear a rumbling and crouch down by the entrance. An old mining cart arrives full of blue stuff of some sort.

It looks like blue lumps of shiny metal. I think about going over towards the building so I could find a guard and ask for directions. I stand, hoping that I find a polite guard who would tell me the right way, instead of locking me up and… don’t even go there!

I shake the silly thoughts from my head and start to make my way towards the building.

“You know, this isn’t Magic School.” I turn to face a tall boy, jet black hair and pale skin. It’s IM. But he isn’t in Mage Robes. He’s wearing normal clothes. “This is my Idearium mines.”

I stare at him, shocked. “I-I got lost.” Is the first thing that comes to my mind. I’m not lying. It’s just that it was partly my fault, because I went the wrong way.

“Well, Magic School is right…all the way…over there.” He says, pointing to a tall castle on the other side of the city.”

“Thank you.” I say, and make my way away from the mines.

I start to slow down. I’m getting tired and worn out so I stop and sit on a wall of somebody’s garden. I’ve just come to a housing area.

“I’m surprised that you made it this far without a rest.” IM comes and sits next to me. He looks behind us at the house. It has a sign saying: Room for Rent. He grins. I don’t know what’s so funny, but by the expression on his face I can tell that that place holds amusing memories.

“Trust me. You don’t want to know.” He says as I stare at the half rubble building behind us.

“Wait here. I’ll go to Jnmrc’s house, across the street and phone Tramp. She can send a horse to come and get you. It’s a long walk when you’re tired.”

He crosses the road and knocks on the door of a house. The door opens and he enters.

I stand. I still doubt him. He had spots of blood on his clothes and I’m really not sure if I can trust him. If those were his mines, where I heard the screams of terror… I’m thinking of finding Magic School myself.

But then again, he does help around there. I’d look a fool if I didn’t trust him when there is nothing to worry about.

Then I hear mums voice. Once again, so real that I turn with hope of seeing my mother. Once again I am disappointed. I look towards the house that IM just entered. Why didn’t mum call to me when I was with him earlier? Is it him or something else?

Run. Stay. Run. Stay…

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay. Though you don't know it (Though I'm sure you'll have figured it partly out) in If get to your destination and get to it fast without meeting anyone new.

Oh,. and is the origional Magic School still running? I've joined but noone seems to be posting on it anymore...

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Magic School of Doom is the second Magic School. They usually die a slow death when people get bored or run out of ideas.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. So will the next one be Magic School of Redemption or something?

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I'm not sure. I have a plan incase I do a next one. But if I do, it will be slightly different and hopefully better. Very Happy

So then, are we running and hoping that we have enough energy? Or do she stay and hope that IM isn't the dangerous one. But if it's not him, it will be somebody else. Don't forget that she can always run upto the house that IM entered and call him for help, if the danger is something else.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing she won't be able to rely upon now is that little voice telling her it's dangerous. Soon she shall learn that if it isn't c'ren and Lordy in a bar fight it's Meany and I meeting in one of the threads (And, consequentally, smashing eight bells out of each other). All of If is dangerous and she can't run from everything.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. good point.

Shogun
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take up hockey...*nods to self*...Yep, hocky is way better than Magic.
I've got no right to way, I'm just caught up all the battles

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. we'll have to change it to Hockey School and Hockey School of Doom. but everyone knows that Rounders is even better than hockey! Very Happy I'll do the next chapter soon.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 3

I start to walk towards where the Magic School should be, when I hear a voice behind me.

“Hello, darling.” I turn to face my worst nightmare.

I quickly make up my mind.
"Run."

I run across the street, towards the house that IM entered. The Storm dwarf laughs at me. “You can’t run from me, darling. And nobody will take you in. I’m not just in your nightmares - I tend to scare quite a few people.”

I bang on the door, and I hear footsteps running. The door opens, there is a man standing at the door, and IM is behind him.

“Help!” I scream as a powerful wind blows me aside. IM steps out the door and the other man closes himself in his house.

I stand up as the wind stops. I stare at the dwarf in the eyes.
“You can’t defeat me, darling. And you can’t hide forever either.”

“Do not call me, "darling".” I snarl.

“My, my.” Smiles IM. “A Storm Dwarf.” Even though he has a smile on his face, I can see the fear in his eyes. There aren’t many Mages who can defeat a Storm Dwarf. Storm Dwarfs, Storm Mages, Storm Demons and other beings of the like can put up a good battle against each other and stand a chance of victory. Because their powers are based on the same thing, storms, they can be pretty much equal in battle.

But IM doesn’t seem like a Storm Wizard or Mage.

IM spreads his arms out and balls of energy fly out of each hand. The Storm Dwarf crashes into the already crumbled building across the street. My mouth falls wide open as I stare at the damage done. I could have never imagined someone doing that to him!

The Dwarf’s foot twitches. His hands start to move. A large, strong stallion races down the road towards us. He is brown with a black mane and has a white diamond on his forehead. Not far behind him is a pure white mare and next to her is Storm riding a horse, as black as the abyss.

The horses stop in front of us.

“Run!” IM shouts and forces me onto the brown stallion. He mounts the white mare, and all three of us race down the street, around the corner and on our way to Magic School.

IM and Storm leave me at the gates of the school. They go around the back. I’m guessing there is another entrance there. The gates are open, so I step through. I walk across the front yard and pass through the large doors of the huge castle, which is towering over me.

The horses have been taken back to their stable. As I enter the building, I find myself in a place that looks pretty much like an ordinary school. I look at the ceiling, expecting it to be as high as the sky.

But the ceiling is surprisingly low.

“Storm, says it’s better to have lots of floors for more rooms instead of high ceilings taking up all the space.” IM is behind me again and I jump out of my thoughts. I never get much time to make my mind up on an opinion around here.

“I have a feeling that I won’t get lost around here.” I say turning to face the Mage.

“Trust me,” he smiles, “You don’t have to worry. You won’t have trouble getting lost around here. The inside is bigger than the outside.”

A little orange person steps out from behind him. It hardly reaches my waist. I stare at it, confused as to what it is.

“Umpa mumpa.” It says, takes my bag and walks towards a large staircase.

“Follow him.” IM suggests. So I do.

At the top of the stairs, he leads me to a room. Faces pop out of the doors along the corridor. Some are different coloured, some have strange eyes, and others strange hair. None of them show more than their heads.

“Umpa roompa.” Says the thing, puts my bag by my feet and hands me a key. I enter the room. It's a small room. There are two girls and three beds. One girl is sitting on her bed; the other is towering over her.

“…You’re just a powerless waste of space…” the girl standing was interrupted by my presence.

“Oh. Hello.” She smiles innocently. “I’m Virga.” She offered me a hand. Her blue eyes looking at me, as if I’m a friend. Her brown hair rested on her shoulders, and she worse a green dress that hardly reached her knees.

I look from one girl to the other. Virga seems strong and popular. The other girl looks like she’s a pixie, and probably is. But her glasses and her sad, intelligent eyes make her look like a geek, and the main target of popular, rich girls like Virga.

Which one should I be friends with? If any?

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. Do she become friends with Virga, the pixie or do she remain lonely?

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right...interesting. Sorry i missed voting and everything on the last chapter, i was on holiday.
caught up now...
i don't see why she shouldn't be an, in-between person and try to be friends with both of them. Or just stay neutral until she finds out more about them. I definitely don't think she should side with either one or the other, as making enemies quite so soon upon arriving probably isn't a good idea. I also think she should go out, explore the building, get hopelessly lost, and try and make some more friends along the way Very Happy.

solus.

DeadManWalking
Duke of the Mostly Dead

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i F5 solus. remain neutral until you know the groups in the school, then join the most numerous and or powerful group.

P.S. by the way, are you going to use characters from the rpg or is this completely new?
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be boring and say play it safe. Be a loner, as has been said.

Tea Cures All.
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, pretty unanimous then. When's the poll, tramp?

Solus.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone says stay nutral, at least for now. We don't need a poll. It's easyer to go without it. If everyone says go nutral then we don't really need the poll.

I'll do the next chapter as soon as posible. Comments and the rest are still welcome as always.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed the numbering of the chapters (since Phang explained to me the difference between normal chapters and storygame chapters.)

But don't worry, nothing in the chapters has changed.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4

I don’t take the hand. But I introduce myself anyway.

“I’m Triennia. Nice to meet you both.” I smile, a hint that I’m not choosing between the two girls.

“I’m Felicia. Felly for short to my friends and family…so nobody calls me Felly.” The pixie girl introduced herself, stood and walked out of the room.

I put my bag down by the bed which already had my name written on my headboard.
“Stupid pixie…” mumbles Virga.

“What’s wrong with her?” I ask.

“She’s a….well I can call her lots of nasty things, but I don’t know where to start from.” Says Virga and sits on her bed. “So then, what’s your last name? Mine’s Kenof.”

“I’m Triennia of the East.” I tell her and she looks at me blankly. “You don’t want to know.” I finish off, not wanting to tell her about the shadows of my past.

I lay on my bed. Virga got out a book of some sort and started to read. Before I even knew it, I was asleep.

I fall, and fall, and fall. Falling into blackness, never reaching the bottom. Then a thud. I hit the ground. Or so it seems. I don’t actually land on anything apart from darkness.

I shoot awake suddenly hearing mums voice. The feeling of knowing I’m in trouble. I look around me, trying to remember where I am.

I recover from my nightmare. Virga is gone. I shoot out of bed, make sure that all my weapons are in place, strapped to my clothes and I rush out into the hall.

I see IM and Storm running down the hall towards me.

“Run! You should already be outside!” Storm screams and they come to a stop in front of me.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“The school is under attack.” Says IM casually.

“By who?” I question, showing no fear even if it did exist.

The two teachers look at each other considering if they should tell me or not.

“My worst nightmare.” Replies Storm simply.

“Please,” I beg. “If it’s a Storm Demon I need to know.”

I realise by their expressions that I have guessed right.

“Is everyone out?” Storm turns to IM.

“Yes everyone apart from us is out and hidden. I think Vamps has them under control.”

“OK. We need a plan.” Says Storm.

“We can’t get out. He’ll find us any minute now. We can’t out run him.” I note.

“How do you know?” asks IM.

“Because I’ve battled him before. He’s here for me. Our last battle is unfinished.” I explain.

“Then we need to get you out of here and fast.” Insists Storm.

“We cannot.” I also insist.

Storm and IM take a moment to think, but there is no time. The Dwarf appears a little way down the hall.

“Hello, Darlings.” His voice goes straight through me.

“Run!” Storm screams at IM and me.

“I’ll be back for you.” Promises IM, grabs my arm and pulls me along the hall, in the opposite direction to the dwarf, leaving Storm behind to hold him off.

We run out of the building, across the huge school yard, into a garden full of flowers and finally slow to a walk.

“We have good gardeners. Storm hired some Umpamon. They’re a bit like UmpaLumpa but crossed with pockemon.” he says.

“If you’re trying to take my mind off things, it’s not working.”

“Ok. Fine. I give up.” He raised his hands in a giving up way and smiled.

“You don’t seem scared that there is a Storm Dwarf inside.” I comment.

His face hardens as he turns serious for the first time since I met him.

“I wouldn’t be this scared if I was in there instead of Storm.” He says.

I follow him through a gate, at the other end of the garden, down a path and into a shed. I’m shocked so much to find the everyone from the school in there, that my mouth drops wide open.

“Vamps?” calls IM. A young woman drops down from the ceiling and straightens herself up. She’s clearly a Vampire, I can tell by the dark purple, Vampire style clothes and the small fanged teeth at the sides of her blood-red lips.

“Hello!” she says cheerfully. “Where’s Tramp?”

“Inside, fighting the Storm Dwarf.” Explains IM. “I’m going back. Stay here and look after the kids.” With that he disappears in the blink of an eye.

That would explain how he’s always there and I never even realise that he’s coming.

I look at Vamps, in hope of an instruction. But she just smiles and stares back. After a few seconds I start to get kind of scared and decide to go and find a corner to sit and think.

I stroll around the shed that is like a massive hall on the inside. I’m surprised to find that there aren’t many kids in here. There are plenty, but not as many as schools usually have.

I wander around some more. The walls are made of steel and running along them, high up are some sort of symbols. I strain my eyes to try and get a closer look. I’m standing by the wall on the left from where you walk in through the door.

From what I can read, they seem like Charta Magick symbols. Probably to stop Magic from getting in, or getting out.

I sit down on an empty chair near me to think about things. I hope that Storm and IM are okay. I might not know them very well yet, but they are fighting in there because of me.

I look in the direction of the castle-like building. I sigh and my thoughts turn to my dad. Maybe here I have a chance of finding him. Living under a tree certainly didn’t help.

When Storm and IM return, I will ask them if they can help. IM seems like the sort of person who has battled Demons a lot and knows legendary Mages. He could even know my dad….but no. If he knew my dad, he’d recognise me and tell me where to find him. Or tell him where to find me. That would mean that he’s on his way here! But no. Wait. He doesn’t know. He’s not really coming….

My thoughts are interrupted by a presence. I glance up and see him. There he stood. Tall, well built, brown hair, brown eyes.

“Hello.” He says plainly. I’m lost for words. He’s so handsome!

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then? There's your next chapetr! Smile

What does he say next and more importantly, who is he? Sorry, can't be her dad because she's in love with him and it just wouldn't be right. lol.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Do you want to come and sit with me?'

He can be the school crush. All of the girls (and a couple of the boys:P) fancy him, and they get really jelous when it appears that they're boyfried and girlfriend. They won't be, of coure, just friends, buit the others don't need to know that.

Tea Cures All.
DeadManWalking
Duke of the Mostly Dead

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blow him to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, i'm in a kind of random mood, but still)

Blow him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... how?
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Well she does have powers....not sure if she has that one...but you don't need magic to blow people to bits.....lol.

I think that's very nice of you Mr Dead, the girl falls in love and a second later decides to blow him to bits....hmmm...pleasant! lol it is funny though. Very Happy

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long lost brother that she doesn't even know exists?
Hmm, could be. Or step brother or something like that.

What does he say? Well, something fairly normal I guess, it would sound extremely strange if he said something random - but it could be funny.
How about he starts making up a completely random rhyme?
lol
Anyway, good new chapter Storm! And I'll look forward to the next one.
But remember, when your sg gets promoted - you should be having a poll after each chapter - whther the vote is unanimous or not!

solus. Wink

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A long lost brother that she doesn't even know exists?

INSEST! lol. I never actually thought about havning a family member who she doesn't know exists.... good idea. lol.

Thanks solus! Very Happy

I'll print off the PM you sent me so that I can take a good, close look at my mistakes (damn that 'young-greek-i-don't-care-about-school' side of me.lol I don't think I ever payed much attention in English when I was in Greece....lol. I'm learning now though. Smile )

Once I've looked at them, I'll get to work on them as soon as possible. I'll attack all my homework and get it out the way so that I can concentrate on this. I'll definately get it done at the weekend if not before then.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. I've done all my omework. I will, of course, be gettng another pile to work my way through tomorrow, but still. Haha.

Tea Cures All.
Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote it is her dog who has been anthropormophizized via drinking contaminated water-that is, contaminated with Idearium...
| |
\//\\/ ?
| \ |
| ||| \ /
|,||| ,|| \/
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is up.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lordy!

Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S A TIE!

Can I suggest you get the next chapter up soon?
| |
\//\\/ ?
| \ |
| ||| \ /
|,||| ,|| \/
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: