Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Magic School-The Story Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn... I just had a really good idea for it. It could be like a Kinder Egg, where you don't know what you're going to get, but it's always fun to put it togethre. Only inh this case it would always be useful. Except for now.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sure we can have another pouch to be opened one day. Or something else that we can fit your idea into. Smile

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be locked in a box! And their only hope can be a bubble-wrapped kinder egg!

Tea Cures All.
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramp in a storm wrote:

*I have to because Vamps threatened me.

Laughing yes, yes i did. *pokes storm* Wink Poke
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Blacksmith wrote:
They can be locked in a box! And their only hope can be a bubble-wrapped kinder egg!

a box? have you been watching Naruto? Honestly! it's something with people and boxes! Combine them with the smell of salami and you've taken over the world! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is there a box in Naruto? I'm only on ep 97.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere. lol boxes everywhere. Infact, most things in this world seem to be related to a box shape. Maybe humans have some sort of secret obession with boxes. lol.

Next chapter coming up. But there is a quiz! we play spot the difference!
I will post the same chapter twice but one of them has been kindly edited by Vamps and Phang. So you have to quote all the differences! yey! lol.
The first one to get a difference gets 2 points for it. If you point out a difference which has already been mensioned you lose 1 point!
Only because I'm horrible like that and its funny. Very Happy

I'll keep the colours out so that quoting can be easier.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potions and Dragons!

I pull at the laces and they come loose, falling from my fingers. A powder rises in the air to form a small blue cloud glowing with power. The miniature cloud disappears with a poof. I put my fingers inside it and produce a folded up piece of bubbley poo.

The demon laughs. I unfold the bubble wrap to reveal two small white teeth. I concentrate on them and they hover in the air. The demon stops laughing and stares at me confused.

“Wha-” Before she can say the word the tic-tacks fly straight to her mouth with great speed and she begins to choke on them. Phang swallows the tic-tacks and they descend down her air tube. She chokes some more and helplessly gasps for the life saving oxygen. Unable to inhale the demon collapses and “dies”. I smile to myself and burst the bubble wrap while I’m at it. I turn to join the back of the queue, which had reformed, as the demon returns.

She curses and swears in mumbles so I don’t hear. She then speaks up to the whole class.

“The lot of ya, save some, are CRAP! GET SOME PRACTISE DONE YOU BUNCH OF WHIMPS!” she spat with anger. “Class is bloody dismissed! SIT DOWN and Get the F*&% out of my class!”

I leave the class, quite pleased with myself but still wondering about the Storm controlling girl who wanted my mums face.

The rest of the girls walk out of the room a few minutes after me. They took their time to take off their robes and walk towards me in a large bundle, staring at me. The girl who beat Phang walks slowly behind them, still in her robes. The girls look very different without their robes. They all look similar to each other though. They have perfectly straight, blond hair reaching their shoulders and they all have faces which look like they have been attacked by professional make-up artists. They look a lot like a doll of some sort, which is very disturbing.

I walk quicker, not wanting to get caught in a conversation with them. I turn a corner and then another. When I think I’ve lost them I take out my time table from my pocket and read it. Next lesson is…Rest. After that I have to rest? What sort of place is this? I didn’t do much and I get a rest already?

Not wanting to complain too much I find my way out into the gardens. I walk around admiring the flowers and green grass and tall trees. I take a good look around to familiarise myself with the place and then make my way back to the inside of the school.

I wander around the corridors to try and get used to my way around. I walk along the long passageways, coming across rooms – some empty some packed full. I find a resting room full with sofas and book cases jam packed with books. I come across a larger room full of computers and people of all different races and magical abilities staring with amazement at the computer screens.

I notice the marks on the walls, high up, near the ceilings. They glow dimly with power and definitely symbolise some sort of ancient spell. I wonder what it could be. As I walk slowly, I look up at them trying to read them. I recognise some symbols and finally a spell:

Μάγια της γης,
Μάγια τον ουρανών,
Προστατέψετε εμάς.

A very simple spell that says:
Magic of the Earth,
Magic of the skies,
Protect us.

I’m guessing that most of these are roughly about the same thing. I recognise some symbols of life and some of death, some of power and some of weakness. I’m guessing that these spells need to be in balance. You cannot write a spell which gives you nothing but good. You have to balance them out a bit. Which is why some people have to rely more or completely on physical power such as fighting more than spells.

I have a choice – I can use spells and/or fight or I could pick my bum. But I usually choose fighting techniques. Spells can get complicated and too troublesome. Like I just said, you have to balance them maybe with cheese and biscuits. As well as that when you cast a spell you have to be careful that it doesn’t backfire and shoot you in the derriere. Or they might simply not work at all.

I take my eyes from the ceiling and concentrate on memorising my way. After a few turns I come past what looks like a potions class. The room is nearly empty, save the three people gathered around the middle where their teacher stands pulling a moony.

All three students are dressed in light blue robes, without hats or hoods. Their teacher is an oversized fairy.

“Come in” she says as she sees me.

I look at my paper which says Potions, room 126, Fauna. This must be it.

“Sorry if I’m late” I say stepping in. “I wasn’t sure how long my resting session should last.

“That’s ok my dear. Come in and change into those robes. You don’t have to take your armour off. Just simply pop the robes over the top.” She smiles at me. And with a smiling reply I slip on some robes that I find hanging neatly next to the door.

I join my classmates around the medium sized table in the middle of the room.

“Peter, would you please bring our new classmate a small cauldron and stirring wand?”

“Yes Fauna.” Replies the boy and does as he was told.

All the cauldrons are as big as an ordinary kitchen saucepan and they are a shiny black, shaped perfectly and with handles designed so as to not hurt your fingers while carrying a heavy load.

Fauna hands out some ingredients to all four of us while she orders Peter and me to fill two cauldrons each half way with cold water. After we have done so, she gives us instructions which we follow exactly.

“Do no touch you stirring wands yet. Add a pinch of salt to your cauldrons. Now add two pinches of pepper after breathing on your fingers gently. Pick up your stirring wands and place them in you cauldrons but do not stir yet.

Now add three pinches of rainbow dust and stir by making four circles with your stirring wands. When you have done so, add in one feather of a chicken and one nose of a pig. Add a drop of sulphuric acid and allow mixture to fizz.” She looked up from her book she was reading from and looked at us.

“Done?”

“Yes Fauna” We reply in unison.

“Good. Now very carefully put one of these pieces of potassium onto a piece of paper and drop them on the top of the mixture. Paper must be in between the potassium and the mixture. Understood?”

“Yes Fauna” we reply and she hands us the final ingredients. We do as we are told. The paper catches fire and soon all four of us have a dancing yellow flamed cauldron each.

“Now quickly add a drop of scorpion blood.” We do so and each flame finds it’s own dance and keeps to it. And I am being serious – the flames have actually taken the form of a small human and are dancing.

“Wow! Do we get to keep these?” I ask suddenly excited.

“Of course you do! Be very careful with them though. They are highly flammable as you can see. Hold them by the handle only. You can dim them by breathing on them gently and relight them by giving the side five sharp taps. They will wear off eventually, but the salt and scorpion blood should preserve them for a while. Next time we do this, you will be making better ones.” Fauna smiles and then says, “Class dismissed. See you all on Wednesday, I do believe, or around our fair City. Adios!”

With that we pick up our cauldrons, carefully by the handles and take them to out rooms. I find my room quite easily once Boy-Peter tells me the way. I enter and place my cauldron on the small table next to my bed and leave again for my next lesson.

I follow the passageways the same way that I did to evacuate the day before and find myself outside. Then I walk around to the other side of the building by following a nicely laid path. As I turn the exterior corner with the path, I find myself facing the side of the school with the fields and right in front of me stood a large read dragon with a big one.

“…they might take it easy on you as you don’t seem very experienced in the art –
We don not allow robes while dragon riding, I’m afraid. You will have to go and get changed really quickly.” The dragon looked at me. I quickly took off my robes to reveal my armour and weaponry and look at the dragon questioningly as if to say ‘is this good enough?’

The dragon smiles suggestingly and continues explaining. “You have one Lesser Dragon each. Choose which one you want to ride. Do not just hop on. That might just cost you your life. You must befriend the dragon first. They might not be as intelligent as us Higher-Dragons but they do have feelings and they are very proud creatures! Now get going! Chop-chop!”
He says and he chops off his leg.

There are three of us in total. There is a young girl, not much older than me, with black curls tied back into a pony tail which ends just past her shoulders. The other is a boy, probably younger than me. His white, well looked after hair resting on his stooping shoulders and his deep blue eyes add to the ill look of his pale features.

We walk over to the three smaller dragons grazing in the field. There is a Green one, a blue one and one as black as night. The girl approaches the blue one, the boy the green one and strangely, I am left with the black one.

I approach it and it stands. I gasp at the size of it! I had never guessed that it could be this big! It isn’t quite as big as the female red teacher, but it’s still bloody huge! I’ve never seen one THAT big, man oh man, what a boy. It has eyes a deep blue colour. I look at them and I am soon lost in a world on sky and sea.

I come round to a wet fish on my forehead. I open my eye to see the curly haired girl leaning over me. I sit up.

“What hapened?” I ask.

“You must never look a Black Dragon in the eyes. This one is just a baby. An adult one is three times the size and can leave you in a new world for anything from minutes to decades! You don’t want that…oh noes”

Hearing that, my eyes widen. “How long have I been out?” I gasp as warm wet R&B sensation spread between my legs- I’d passed wind.

“Three minutes.” Answers the girl and I look around to find that I’m still in the field and the dragon is…where? I turn with shock to feel warm air blow on the back of my neck. I see the large black dragon looking at me and I quickly close eyes my before I lose myslef again.

“The only way that you can ride, ride like the wind bull’s-eye, a Black Dragon is if you become its closest friend. And to do that you need to be able to look into its eyes and remain in the same world.” I stare at the girl.

“How will I ever do that?” I ask thinking that she must be constipated.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potions and Dragons!

I pull at the laces and they come loose, falling from my fingers. A powder rises in the air to form a small blue cloud glowing with power. The miniature cloud disappears with a poof. I put my fingers inside the pouch and produce a folded up piece of bubble wrap.

The demon laughs. I unfold the bubble wrap to reveal two small white tic-tacks. I concentrate on them and they hover in the air. The demon stops laughing and stares at me confused.

“Wha-” Before she can say the word the tic-tacks fly straight to her mouth with great speed and she begins to choke on them. Phang swallows the tic-tacks and they descend down her air tube. She chokes some more and helplessly gasps for the life saving oxygen. Unable to inhale the demon collapses and “dies”. I smile to myself and burst the bubble wrap while I’m at it. I turn to join the back of the queue, which had reformed, as the demon returns.

She curses and swears in mumbles so I don’t hear. She then speaks up to the whole class.

“The lot of ya, save some, are CRAP! GET SOME PRACTISE DONE YOU BUNCH OF WHIMPS!” she spat with anger. “Class is bloody dismissed! SIT DOWN and Get the F*&% out of my class!”

I leave the class, quite pleased with myself but still wondering about the Storm controlling girl who wanted my mums face.

The rest of the girls walk out of the room a few minutes after me. They took their time to take off their robes and walk towards me in a large bundle, staring at me. The girl who beat Phang walks slowly behind them, still in her robes. The girls look very different without their robes. They all look similar to each other though. They have perfectly straight, blond hair reaching their shoulders and they all have faces which look like they have been attacked by professional make-up artists. They look a lot like a doll of some sort, which is very disturbing.

I walk quicker, not wanting to get caught in a conversation with them. I turn a corner and then another. When I think I’ve lost them I take out my time table from my pocket and read it. Next lesson is…Rest. After that I have to rest? What sort of place is this? I didn’t do much and I get a rest already?

Not wanting to complain too much I find my way out into the gardens. I walk around admiring the flowers and green grass and tall trees. I take a good look around to familiarise myself with the place and then make my way back to the inside of the school.

I wander around the corridors to try and get used to my way around. I walk along the long passageways, coming across rooms – some empty some packed full. I find a resting room full with sofas and book cases jam packed with books. I come across a larger room full of computers and people of all different races and magical abilities staring with amazement at the computer screens.

I notice the marks on the walls, high up, near the ceilings. They glow dimly with power and definitely symbolise some sort of ancient spell. I wonder what it could be. As I walk slowly, I look up at them trying to read them. I recognise some symbols and finally a spell:

Μάγια της γης,
Μάγια τον ουρανών,
Προστατέψετε εμάς.

A very simple spell that says:
Magic of the Earth,
Magic of the skies,
Protect us.

I’m guessing that most of these are roughly about the same thing. I recognise some symbols of life and some of death, some of power and some of weakness. I’m guessing that these spells need to be in balance. You cannot write a spell which gives you nothing but good. You have to balance them out a bit. Which is why some people have to rely more or completely on physical power such as fighting more than spells.

I have a choice – I can use spells and/or fight. But I usually choose fighting techniques. Spells can get complicated and too troublesome. Like I just said, you have to balance them. As well as that when you cast a spell you have to be careful that it doesn’t backfire. Or they might simply not work at all.

I take my eyes from the ceiling and concentrate on memorising my way. After a few turns I come past what looks like a potions class. They room is nearly empty, save the three people gathered around the middle where their teacher stands.

All three students are dressed in light blue robes, without hats or hoods. Their teacher is an oversized fairy.

“Come in” she says as she sees me.

I look at my paper which says Potions, room 126, Fauna. This must be it.

“Sorry if I’m late” I say stepping in. “I wasn’t sure how long my resting session should last.

“That’s ok my dear. Come in and change into those robes. You don’t have to take your armour off. Just simply pop the robes over the top.” She smiles at me. And with a smiling reply I slip on some robes that I find hanging neatly next to the door.

I join my classmates around the medium sized table in the middle of the room.

“Peter, would you please bring our new classmate a small cauldron and stirring wand?”

“Yes Fauna.” Replies the boy and does as he was told.

All the cauldrons are as big as an ordinary kitchen saucepan and they are a shiny black, shaped perfectly and with handles designed so as to not hurt your fingers while carrying a heavy load.

Fauna hands out some ingredients to all four of us while she orders Peter and me to fill two cauldrons each half way with cold water. After we have done so, she gives us instructions which we follow exactly.

“Do no touch you stirring wands yet. Add a pinch of salt to your cauldrons. Now add two pinches of pepper after breathing on your fingers gently. Pick up your stirring wands and place them in you cauldrons but do not stir yet.

Now add three pinches of rainbow dust and stir by making four circles with your stirring wands. When you have done so, add in one feather of a chicken and one nose of a pig. Add a drop of sulphuric acid and allow mixture to fizz.” She looked up from her book she was reading from and looked at us.

“Done?”

“Yes Fauna” We reply in unison.

“Good. Now very carefully put one of these pieces of potassium onto a piece of paper and drop them on the top of the mixture. Paper must be in between the potassium and the mixture. Understood?”

“Yes Fauna” we reply and she hands us the final ingredients. We do as we are told. The paper catches fire and soon all four of us have a dancing yellow flamed cauldron each.

“Now quickly add a drop of scorpion blood.” We do so and each flame finds it’s own dance and keeps to it. And I am being serious – the flames have actually taken the form of a small human and are dancing.

“Wow! Do we get to keep these?” I ask suddenly excited.

“Of course you do! Be very careful with them though. They are highly flammable as you can see. Hold them by the handle only. You can dim them by breathing on them gently and relight them by giving the side five sharp taps. They will wear off eventually, but the salt and scorpion blood should preserve them for a while. Next time we do this, you will be making better ones.” Fauna smiles and then says, “Class dismissed. See you all on Wednesday, I do believe, or around our fair City. Adios!”

With that we pick up our cauldrons, carefully by the handles and take them to out rooms. I find my room quite easily once Peter tells me the way. I enter and place my cauldron on the small table next to my bed and leave again for my next lesson.

I follow the passageways the same way that I did to evacuate the day before and find myself outside. Then I walk around to the other side of the building by following a nicely laid path. As I turn the exterior corner with the path, I find myself facing the side of the school with the fields and right in front of me stood a large read dragon.

“…they might take it easy on you as you don’t seem very experienced in the art –
We don not allow robes while dragon riding, I’m afraid. You will have to go and get changed really quickly.” The dragon looked at me. I quickly took off my robes to reveal my armour and weaponry and look at the dragon questioningly as if to say ‘is this good enough?’

The dragon smiles and continues explaining. “You have one Lesser Dragon each. Choose which one you want to ride. Do not just hop on. That might just cost you your life. You must befriend the dragon first. They might not be as intelligent as us Higher-Dragons but they do have feelings and they are very proud creatures! Now get going! Chop-chop!”

There are three of us in total. There is a young girl, not much older than me, with black curls tied back into a pony tail which ends just past her shoulders. The other is a boy, probably younger than me. His white, well looked after hair resting on his stooping shoulders and his deep blue eyes add to the ill look of his pale features.

We walk over to the three smaller dragons grazing in the field. There is a Green one, a blue one and one as black as night. The girl approaches the blue one, the boy the green one and strangely, I am left with the black one.

I approach it and it stands. I gasp at the size of it! I had never guessed that it could be this big! It isn’t quite as big as the female red teacher, but it’s still bloody huge! It has eyes a deep blue colour. I look at them and I am soon lost in a world on sky and sea.

I come round to a wet cloth on my forehead. I open my eye to see the curly haired girl leaning over me. I sit up.

“What happened?” I ask.

“You must never look a Black Dragon in the eyes. This one is just a baby. An adult one is three times the size and can leave you in a new world for anything from minutes to decades!”

Hearing that, my eyes widen. “How long have I been out?” I gasp.

“Two minutes.” Answers the girl and I look around to find that I’m still in the field and the dragon is…where? I turn with shock to feel warm air blow on the back of my neck. I see the large black dragon looking at me and I quickly close my eyes before I lose myself again.

“The only way that you can ride a Black Dragon is if you become its closest friend. And to do that you need to be able to look into its eyes and remain in the same world.” I stare at the girl.

“How will I ever do that?” I ask thinking that she must be joking.

So which chapter do you think is the original? This is a trick question Laughing

Mastermind
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have
Quote:
I put my fingers inside it and produce a folded up piece of bubbley poo.

Quote:
I put my fingers inside the pouch and produce a folded up piece of bubble wrap.

and
Quote:
I unfold the bubble wrap to reveal two small white teeth.

Quote:
I unfold the bubble wrap to reveal two small white tic-tacks.

and
Quote:
I have a choice – I can use spells and/or fight.

Like I just said, you have to balance them.

As well as that when you cast a spell you have to be careful that it doesn’t backfire.

They room is nearly empty, save the three people gathered around the middle where their teacher stands.

Quote:
I have a choice – I can use spells and/or fight or I could pick my bum.

Like I just said, you have to balance them maybe with cheese and biscuits.

As well as that when you cast a spell you have to be careful that it doesn’t backfire and shoot you in the derriere.

The room is nearly empty, save the three people gathered around the middle where their teacher stands pulling a moony.

For the DP, wear glasses with some kind of magical resistance.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the scores which will be updated as we go along:

Mastermind: 14 points.

White Blacksmith: 18 points.

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:33 am; edited 2 times in total
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is

Quote:
I find my room quite easily once Boy-Peter tells me the way.

Quote:
I find my room quite easily once Peter tells me the way.

Quote:
I find myself facing the side of the school with the fields and right in front of me stood a large read dragon with a big one.

Quote:
I find myself facing the side of the school with the fields and right in front of me stood a large read dragon.

By the way, on those ones it should be 'red'

Quote:
The dragon smiles suggestingly and continues explaining.

Now get going! Chop-chop!”
He says and he chops off his leg.

Quote:
The dragon smiles and continues explaining.

Now get going! Chop-chop!”

Quote:
It isn’t quite as big as the female red teacher, but it’s still bloody huge! I’ve never seen one THAT big, man oh man, what a boy.

Quote:
It isn’t quite as big as the female red teacher, but it’s still bloody huge!

Quote:
I come round to a wet fish on my forehead.

Quote:
I come round to a wet cloth on my forehead.

Quote:
You don’t want that…oh noes”

I gasp as warm wet R&B sensation spread between my legs- I’d passed wind.

Quote:
You don’t want that."

I gasp.

Quote:
"Three minutes"

Quote:
"Two minutes"

Quote:
“The only way that you can ride, ride like the wind bull’s-eye, a Black Dragon is if you become its closest friend.

Quote:
“The only way that you can ride a Black Dragon is if you become its closest friend.

Quote:
I ask thinking that she must be constipated.

Quote:
I ask thinking that she must be joking.

There you go.

Oh, and as for the DP, she has to wear sunglasses.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I think we should do more of these little game thingies. Who agrees?

Phang
Elder

Topics: 25

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do!

I'm surprised no one's found the big error yet...the really big, obvious error...I'd say it but I was the one who did it so I'm not allowed.

Come on people! It's right in your face!
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phang wrote:
I do!

I'm surprised no one's found the big error yet...the really big, obvious error...I'd say it but I was the one who did it so I'm not allowed.

Come on people! It's right in your face!

lol, good chapter storm, and i really enjoyed having a muck around with phang...heeheehee.
Well, phang do i know what you've done?
because i can't remeber right now lol Laughing
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. There is also one more as well as the "big obvious one"

For the big obvious one I am offering a big obvious 5 points!!
And for the other one you can have 3 points. I'm feeling nice today Smile

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big one... the double post that you are guilty of Tramp! Don't blame it on Phang or Vamps either, lol!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU ARE WRONG!!! - says phang lol, she cant be bothered to sign in, silly munch

well...well...well, no ones got it yet, not even storm. oh dear oh dear.
Yep storm, doesnt even know what it is Laughing
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks at ~Vamps suspiciously* Vaaaaamps? what have you changed that I don't know about? I'll give you this cookie if you tell me. Or even better, I'll get you some tasty fair trade choc on Saturday Very Happy . But you have to tell me.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then, moving on to the next chapter.

We have the sugestion of wearing glasses. Any other suggestions of how she can look the Black Dragon in the eyes and not pass out?

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacts? Or no, ... wait for it... magically enchanted contacts! Yes, I am brilliant, I know it * takes a bow* teehee! lol!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
I like the contacts idea.

I'll add one:
Maybe she could take some sort of 'mess-with-your-insides' medicine (i dont like medicines:) ) that makes her unable to pass out.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is up dudes!!

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on dydettes! we need votes for the next chap. Thanks to those who already voted Very Happy

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasses it is then? I'll leave the poll up untill I get round to writing the next chapter. That might be today or by the weekend at the latest.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. We have another tie! Does anyone else keep getting ties in their SGs almost every poll or is it just me? Laughing

Well, I'll just have to combine the two ideas. Glasses and drugs..... hhmmm....hopefully it won't be too hard. *brings up word* I'll start writing now then.

I don't know how many of you were there, or took part in this, but when I was doing Down the Garden I did the polls in a new way. I made them so that only I knew what you were voting for. All the readers did was comment, give options and then vote for A, B or C.
I was just wondering what you lot think about doing the same for here... Please comment whether your for or against.

Danke Very Happy *Starts writing next chapter*

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dydes! This color code is killing me! anyway, after struggling along with the colour code, here is the next cahpter.
Please, if you notice that I keep changing tenses, let me know.
If you don't like the colour, let me know.
If there is anything about the chapter that you don't like or that you think can be improved, please please please tell me.
It's too late for me to think for myself Wink

Chapter~8~Reunion

She shakes her head. “Sorry, I don’t know. Nobody has ever done it before. The only person to ever control this one is Miss Rai. And that’s only because she’s a dragon herself.”

Kalanna Rai walks up to us in her human form. She pats the dragon gently and says hello before turning her attention to me. She hands me a blue case, “Wear these”, and a small white chemist tub, “and take one of these each time you look at your dragon in the eyes until you feel 100% confident about your friendship with this beautiful creature.”

I open the case and the tub and look at her confused. “You mean all that someone needs to do is take some pills and wear some glittery glasses and they can look the Dragon in the eye?”

“Yes.” Comes my reply.

“And no one has ever done this before?”

“No.” comes my next reply and before I need to ask why, Kalanna explains to me. “The pills and the glasses only help. You need to have confidence and trust in yourself and the dragon. Then this trust and confidence needs to grow stronger and stronger. The stronger it gets the stronger you two get. However the weaker it gets, the weaker you get as a team.”

“Oh. Can I ask one last thing? I’m not trying to be rude but, why was I put in this class? No offence but….” I’m not too sure how to say this. I don’t need a dragon, I don’t want one, I didn’t ask for one. But Dragons are proud creatures, I’m worried that this might hurt. “I don’t think I need a Dragon. I never asked for one, so why do I have to bond with it?”

The dragon raises his head in the air and gives out a high pitched but angry roar, the sound piercing my ears.
But thankfully he doesn’t do anything else but lie down and put his face on his paws like a saddened puppy.

“You do. If I am not mistaken, you are Triennia, daughter of Proto and Deftera, sister of Tesoro.
Your father has been searching for you and your brother and now we know that you and your brother are searching for your fath-”

BLACK

My eyelids flutter and my eyes open. I wake up in my bed, the room is dimly lit by my Flaming Cauldron and someone is sitting on the edge of my bed, another person is standing by the door, leaning against the door frame and two other people are sitting on one of the other beds talking quietly to each other.

“She’s awake,”
Whispers the person on my bed. The boy by the door shuffles but doesn’t go anywhere. I can’t pick out any familiar faces or put a name to the voice. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and open them again. This time I can see and the room seems to be a bit brighter. I don’t recognise the person on my bed, but I recognise that Tramp and IM are sitting on the other bed (now looking at me) and the boy at the door is….

“Tes…oro?”

He nods. My heart starts to race. Now I realise what that feeling was when we first met, the feeling that I know him.
I do. He’s my brother! My heart races faster and faster as I think about what Kalanna Rai said to me before, my breathing gets faster and louder. The woman on my bed starts whispering a spell and I calm down again. Now Storm moves over to me.

“Triennia? How ar
e you feeling?”

“I don’t know. I – I – ” I close my mouth. I don’t know what to say. I’m just too confused. What’s going on?
Did they come to me because they knew who I am? Have they known all along what I’m trying to do? Who I’m looking for and why?

“Trien,
I’m as confused as you are right now. I can’t remember much from when I was little, but I remember a bit. I know this is going to be hard, but we have to accept the fact that we are siblings. And then we need to find our father.”

“Tesoro?” I whisper and sit up in bed. “I – I think I – remember…”I stare into thin air and my mind wanders back to my early childhood. Dodle, demons, my den….no. Further.
I will my memory and try hard to think back to when I was really small. A puppy, and alsation in the rain…. No. Further. A girl. Me. Alone. No, further….further back…..A small cottage, the sun is shining. A woman sitting on the front porch with a man. Two small children playing in the garden with wooden swords, pretending to be Demons and Hunters. Yes. Me with my older brother, two years older than me. I trip over a skipping rope on the floor and he travels from the other side of the small garden to me and catches me just before I hit the ground. I start to cry from the shock of falling and he sits me down and comforts me. I remember.

“I remember” I say louder. “Tesoro. I remember you. You’re my brother. My older brother. You always looked after me.
You took me away when Mother went to fight. You hid me in our den made from sheets and cushions in the cupboard at the back of your bedroom.”

“But I didn’t come back…”
tears come to our eyes.

IM taps Storm’s shoulder and winks. They get up and the three of them leave, leaving me alone with my long lost brother.

He comes to my bed and we hug, both of us crying. My brother. I found him. I had whipped him from my mind because
I had been so angry at him for not returning. All those years.

“Why?” I sob. “Why didn’t you come back? Why did you leave me alone?”
“I – I did come back. But the house – it was gone. All of it. The whole thing burnt to ashes. I thought you were dead!”

“They came for me. I ran away and they burnt the house down. I heard them laugh as I ran. They said I wouldn’t survive.
I was too young. I was only 5! I hated you! I forgot you on purpose! I thought you didn’t love me anymore...I was wrong.” We both break down into tears and apologise to each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A week has passed since my reunion with my brother.
It took us a few days to get used to the fact that we are related and we’ve been training hard ever since. In the day we go to our lessons and in the afternoon we train together in the empty fields at the edge of the city from where I came and then go back to the school before we have to encounter anyone from the city.

Today is Wednesday and my first lesson is Vampireology. First the Dragons (I haven’t made friends with my Dragon yet) and now Vapmires.
I hope this is going to be usefull. I’m walking around the passagways trying to find my class, following the signs. I finally find the right room, I enter and sit in the same seat I sat last time. Vamps gives out pens and paper and goes to the front of the room to start the lesson.

“Welcome everyone!
Last week we talked about how Vampires became Vampires. And about the advantages and disadvantages of the Biting process and the Hand to Hand method. At the end of today’s lesson we will spend 5 or 10 minutes to revise what we covered last lesson and what we will cover today. Ok so today we will look at…

Last edited by tramp in a storm on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Nicely done, Storm! And long too! (Vamps should be happy, lol!)

Hmmm.... you DP is what they are studying today, correct?

hmmmm........ see i am not that big on the vampire lore. I know some of legends but ............. hmm maybe a small history lesson on how the first vampire came to be? *shrugs* That's all I got, sorry.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lili!
I read your post out to Vamps and told her that she should be happy. Her reply is "...come on man don't die you should be happy. Oh is it my turn to die yet?....I've ran out of food". Laughing too much Lost in Blue2 for that one! now she told me to shut up. lol

anyway, I like your idea. If it wins the polls we'll have to all chip in and work out some sort of cool Vampire History to go into it.

By the way, does anybody here know if you're allowed to submit a SG for English coursework? I know we have to do a story but I don't know if the Board are fussy about SGs that other people have helped in...

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks around and wipes some dust off the table* ok... I'll go for Vampire History. I'll start putting some stuff together but I'm going to need your help. I need replies people. So far only Lilith's sugested stuff. Thanks Lili Very Happy

If you want to sugest something different to Vampire History then please do. Also you can throw in your ideas about Vampire wars or how they came to be and stuff like that.

Also I've noticed not many replies for this last chap.... If it's the chapter's fault, aka there's something wrong with it, tell me so that I can fix it. I've said this before and I'll say it again: I want critisism. Be nasty for all I care. It's the only way I can give you a story you'll like.

Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey dokey then. lets get down to buissness *streches arms*
right then, YAY!!!!!!!! Longer story chap!!!
cheers storm, that was great.

Vampire history sounds brill. You could talk about famous vampires like Mr Crepsley. and say what they have done for society, like going off and doing...stuff.
Well, stuff like, finding a new source of blood so they don't kill off all the humans....becoming alliances with the humans to help stop wars and fight wars with other beings

and whatever, can't think of anything, Laughing hope that helped Wink

Okay, you've just asked me is there anything for you to improve on? Ive got one for you! Stop asking me!
I don't think there's anything right now lol
Razz
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 9 part 1

“Vampires are very, very old. You all know that. But what you don’t know is how they ever came to be. Nobody does. Some say that a human was bitten by a bat, over a thousand years ago. Others say it was just a mutation which occurred millions of years ago. But nobody can prove any theory right or wrong. And we don’t really need to.

You should all know that there are different types of Vampires but all of them can be killed with a stake through the heart. Here are some facts that you need to know about and eventually remember them off by heart.”

The teacher dressed in purple dresses hands out sheets to everyone in the class. Then she reads out from one of her spare copies.

“Most American Vampires can be killed by a silver bullet through the heart.
North American Vampires can also be killed by applying liquid silver to their chests.
Old British Vampires (usually found in hideouts in the highlands of the UK) can be killed by a silver bullet.
New British Vampires (the Young-uns. Found amongst most populated areas in the UK) can be killed by any bullet that hits the brain, Silver Solution (a type of poison) or by applying liquid silver drops to their Fingertip Gates (the cuts on their fingertips which were made during the ‘Turning’ process.
Other European Vampires can be rid off using Ice Daggers, Ice Bullets or by freezing their fingertips.
And finally Asian Vampires can be rid off using any bullet through the heart or head.”

The teacher looks around the class once she has finished reading.

“Any questions?” Her reply is a class of satisfied faces and a few ‘that sounds like a doss’ expressions.

“Good. Triennia, tell me what you know about the 5 main Races.”

I think for a second…

“I’m sorry, Miss, I’ve never heard of the 5 Races.” I say in a small voice. I hear some giggles, whispers and short gasps.

“Not to worry. It’s your first few weeks at school still. Jackie?”

A girl lowers her hand after getting the teacher’s attention and starts to speak in a loud, clear voice.

“The 5 Main Races are Humans, Vampires, Vampanese, Mages and Demons. There are lots of minor races such as dwarfs, elves, Lesser Demons and fairies. But the 5 Main Races are the most powerful. Each Race has its good and bad points. Some Races rely on other Races to survive and some Races don’t even know that there are 5 Main Races. This causes wars between the Races. If one Race beats another, it takes all its power and its place in the Race Circle.”

“Very good.” says Vamps when Jackie has finished. “For example, Humans have no idea bout the other Races, they think they’re myths. Vampires and Vampanese rely on humans for food, but the Vampanese kill when they feed. Most Vampires have split from humans and they do not kill when they feed. The Vampires want to protect the naïve humans and so, they war against the Vampanese.
Also Demons want power. They are just plain greedy. However the two Vamp Races are too powerful and have no magic of which the Demons can benefit from and Humans are too weak. And so the Demons attack the Mages. And it works like that.”

I raise my hand.

“Yes?” Vamps looks at me and nods. I lower my hand and hesitate.

“What’s the Race Circle?”

“The Race Circle is a sort of circle with its perimeter split into five equal parts – One part for each Race. It simply represents how much power each Race has. And for example if the Vampires beat the Vampanese, the Vampires will have two fifths (there’s and the Vampanese’s) of the circle.”

So that would mean that they have more power and they can take over another Race…

“Now, I want you all to answer these following questions on this sheet, I’m giving out.”

She hands a sheet to each of us. I read the first question:
Why do the Demons attack mainly Mages?

I start to answer my questions.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah. You all need to PM me the answer to the question. Whoever gets it right wins a small prize of 30Flables. Then I'll put up the other half of the chapter with a DP

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd. I win.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you do. Well done. You have the 30 Flables. But there's still a chance for others to win too. Lines are open untill the rest of the chapter goes up.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cahpter 9 Part 2!

I write down my answers, then my name at the top of the page and then I sit and wait for further instructions.

Vamps comes around and collects the sheets, she puts them in a pile on her desk and opens her mouth to speak.

DONG!.................DONG!....DONG! DONG! The donging gets louder and faster, more urgent. We all rise to our feet at once. Some people’s eyes change colour, others change form, and some become invisible or blend into the closest wall as I reach for my sword.

“Nobody panic!” Vamps raises her arms and tries to calm everyone down.

Triennia! the voice of my long lost mother sounds in the distance as if she’s trying to reach out to me, to take me by the hand and lead me to safety.

“Everybody line up by the door and we will walk out straight to the Shed in an orderly and calm manner!” Vamps’ attempts to hush everyone is failing quite badly. I look around me in panic, trying to think of what could be wrong. Are we under attack? Is it the dwarf? Is there a fire? False alarm? I held the last option in my thoughts a little longer, clinging to it with hope.

“SHUT – THE – HELL UP!” a loud, male voice booms across the Castle-like school and thunder is heard as lightning flashes outside. Vamps smiles as everyone does what we were told to do in the first place.

Soon every single person from the school is gathered in the same shed we gathered in when the dwarf attacked. I find Tessero and ask him if he knows what’s wrong, but has no idea.

“ATTENTION PLEASE!” booms the same voice but in a friendlier tone. We all turn to the same direction to find every teacher standing in 3 rows by the entrance of the shed.

“Right then,” Begins Storm, “something has hit the building. In particular: the Stables and the Cave.” Her face darkens. “One horse is hurt and two dragons. The horse is Thunder.” There are a few gasps.

“That’s why she’s mad”, explains Tessero. “Rumour has that the last time someone hurt one of her horses she tracked them down and they were never to be seen again. Some people say it was a Regnis and that her awful cries can still be heard…amongst the screams of the Lost Souls, deep in the Idearium mines.”

I stare at him shocked.

“The dragons are Crystal and the Black Dragon.”

My face sets hard. The Black Dragon. That’s the dragon I’ve been trying to ride.
“What hit the Stables and the Cave?” someone asks.

“We have checked the rubble and so far all we can tell for sure is that it was a Demon’s Energy Ball. We are unsure which Demon did this or what colour the energy ball was. But one thing if for certain…” announces IM.

Fauna sighs and some of the flowers floating around her dry and fall to the ground.

“We have to fight.” Vamps’ eyes brighten and she smiles a blood thirsty smile which sends shivers down my back.

Everyone just stares. I don’t think anybody in here has ever fought a battle before.

“Jack, James and Jacob”, orders Storm, “Follow Fauna to the Stables and the cave. We need you to investigate the rubble and find out the colour/level of energy ball and who it belonged to.”

“Yes Miss!” they say in unison and follow the flowery fairy, Fauna out of the shed.

“IF you have Demonology, Friday first lesson or Wednesday third lesson you now have demonology all day Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday” Phang announces, smiles and adds, “with me, of course.”

Sighs and disappointed ‘oh’s or ‘ah’s spread across the crowd of students.

“There will be a lovely Trap setting club going on, starting immediately. I want 10 volunteers. You will be taught, tested and tor- taught” IM smiles nervously when he almost let slip a word I’m guessing he was not meant to say out loud, “until you are experts at Trap Setting.” he continues, “Also, at the same time you will set traps around the outskirts of the Magic School so as to delay – or better – not allow enemies to enter and/or attack.”

Storm takes over again, “Anybody who still has problems with controlling their powers, is not quite confident or seriously and honestly is too scared to fight, see me when you are dismissed at the end and I will sort you out.

Fauna will be teaching the Medical Mages extra lessons and she will also do some extra Potions lessons. Also any Medical Mage who knows how to, will you please help treat the injured Dragons and horse? Thank you.” The urgency in her tone and the appreciation shown in her expression when she sees the nods in the crowd makes me realise how important these animals are to her.

“Whitey will organise a big ‘distraction’ team – which will be safe to enter – and they will prepare for an attack.

I want all of you to prepare for battle. We will have Fighter teams organised, and specialist squads will be selected in time. Until then, if you do not fit into any of the groups organised so far, make your own or see one of us. Vamps will be running a fighting club. It might be a bit different to your normal Fighting lessons but it will work.
Now off you go and do not worry. Everything will be ok if we are ready.”
Storm finishes off and we are all dismissed. I notice some small girls and two or three very young boys walk towards Storm sobbing and trembling.

“What clubs are you joining?” Tessero asks me as we walk out the doors.

“Don’t know yet. You?”

“I’m going to practise my combat, but I don't know if I should do it alone or now. I’ve taken after Dad.” He smiles a proud smile. “I know the moves”, his smile disappears, “I just need to make sure I can execute them correctly.”

I smile at him, feel my pockets, clear my throat and look towards the damaged Cave.

Long enough for ya, Vamps? lol

So you have a poll which I'll put up after I post this.
Now for a discussion:
What do you think Triennia has on her mind? I know what she's thinking - it's planned.
But I'll give a little prize of 5 Flables to the closest answer and 5 Flables to the most imaginative one.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok peeps, we are going nowhere with this. I need your help. I need your votes and feedback. Same goes for Down the garden

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a better idea. ask only one person to practice with but you can leve the fighting club for later. it'll be fun. Then if it doesn't work out jion the club and if that doesn't work then practice by your self. they say one who walks alone on a rough road are destined to go far ways and achive great things. but those who walks in a crowd you'll only go as far as the crowd will go.
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs in*

*grabs onyto the doorframe and bends over, gasping. Predictable*

Sorry *gasp* I'm so *gasp* late. I was on *gasp* holiday.

*straightens up*

Pardon that. Anyway, your tie is broken.

Tea Cures All.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a tie? up untill now i thought i had didlysquit! lol Thanks all! and welcome back Whitey! *gives whitey a glass of water* there, I think you might need that. Very Happy

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: