Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 20: Left Hanging

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Elvendor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Chapter 20: Left Hanging Reply with quote

Chapter 20: Left Hanging

Regan’s pen finished scrawling in black ink across the piece of thick rough paper. Before him the message dictated by Elvendor read:

Dear Constantine,

I am worried that I may have missed the travellers’ and am considering heading north after them. What arrangements are in place should they have gone north?

Yours,

Regan

He finished by making a black stroke mark across the bottom right corner, confident it wouldn’t be noticed. Behind he heard a rustling sound as Elvendor took the letter and studied it, then Elvendor’s voice cut sharply into him,

“What’s that mark for?”

“Oh, that’s a secret mark to let Constantine know it’s from me,” Regan replied calmly, telling a half truth.

“I think not,” Elvendor’s voice came coldly from behind, “there was no such mark on the letter sent to you, re – write the letter.” He handed him a second piece of parchment and made Regan copy it out without any marks.

Then he tied it to Gail’s foot and spoke in a low tone with her for several minutes, pointing occasionally at Regan and the dagger he held as if to make his message perfectly clear. Then he carried Gail outside the hotel, leaving Alex to watch Regan, where he released her up into the crisp cold blue sky.

Quickly he returned to the room, worried Regan might somehow have overcome Alex and Simeon, but he was still sitting there calmly. Elvendor eyed him closely and said frostily,

“I needn’t spell out to you what shall happen should you try to escape, regardless of whether you’re successful I shall shoot down Gail on her return.” Regan shrugged and nodded.

“Ok, well me and Regan will sleep in this room for tonight, Alex and Simeon, you go next door.” Alex nearly protested at leaving Elvendor with Regan, but thought better of it and nodded, making his way quickly towards the door as he said,

“Come on Simeon, I’ve booked the bath first.” Simeon slowly followed saying to Elvendor,

“Call me if you need help, although you probably got the better deal, he can’t snore more than Alex does. I’ll have to wrap my fur about my head,” he rolled his eyes as he went out shutting the door. For a split second Elvendor felt a laugh tickling his mind and for an instant he relaxed, then he tensed and glanced round in case Regan was trying something. He needn’t have worried though, the young man sat upon one of the two mattresses staring at the marble wall.

The next morning blew in on a blanket of snow that whirled about the rapidly vanishing blue streets. Elvendor stood silently staring out at the swirling patterns, Thank goodness we stopped off at a traders stall and brought some warmer clothes, even for our captive. Elvendor spared a half curious glance at the still figure of Regan who had awoken when he had. Elvendor was in a better mood after a quiet night and felt more inclined to be friendly towards Regan, after all he hasn't attempted to escape, and he was only doing his job. Obviously he's a light sleeper too given he woke when I did, I guess you have to be to succeed as a spy for any amount of time. Regan’s eyes were focused somewhere past the world outside the window, into a different time and space, blank and uncomprehending. Then, as if sensing he was being watched a spark of life re-entered his eyes and he said disinterestedly,

“So what are you planning to do now?” Elvendor deliberately took his time answering, eventually saying in a dismissive voice,

“I’m not sure, I think we’ll probably check the records at the North gate to see if my parents kept heading that way, then we may well explore the capital.” Regan barely moved as he noted the plans, then he slowly rose to his feet and silently went to the bathroom. A little later he emerged, his hair damp and skin clean, then Elvendor went for a bath, careful to ensure the marble door that led into the corridor was locked first. When he came out Regan was still within the room, again staring out at the snow falling thick and fast outside. Inside Regan’s mind the snow stirred more troubled images from his past, of his living on the streets, of the Winter Festival where families celebrated in defiance of the freezing cold. He remembered looking through the windows of houses, to see families sitting together, eating together. He wanted to go in, wanted to share with them, but what did he have? Besides his pride revolted at the thought of seeking such help. So he had remained huddled beneath the eaves, hiding from the wet slushy snow that soaked the ground. His memories were sharply interrupted by Elvendor’s clear voice,

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Regan turned to see the sparkle of joy within the elf’s eyes, a sparkle that reminded him of those families together for Christmas.

“I hate it,” he said, his voice actually conveying a trace of bitterness before returning to its more neutral tones as Elvendor’s eyes briefly registered shock, “are we ready to go then?” Elvendor rallied himself, and shouldered his bag,

“Yes, assuming the other two are awake, which,” he added with a slight grin, “they almost certainly aren’t so I guess we’d better go and knock, loudly.” They slipped out of the room into the narrow curving corridor and moved along to the room next door. Elvendor raised his fist and hammered loudly on the marble door that rattled under his blows. Then he pressed his ear to the door, a mischievous smile on his face. From within he could hear Alex berating Simeon who was sleepily getting up,

“See Simeon, I told you they’d be here any minute – the idea was we were supposed to open the door ready to go.”

“Calm down Alex, its better to have rested and be ready to face the day than to rush into things. Besides I’m not as young as I once was.”

“Enough excuses old man, we’ve got to go…”

“Old man! Besides it’s hardly my fault I didn’t get any sleep…”

It took a short amount of time but soon Alex and Simeon stood in the passageway with them, also wrapped up in their grey fur coats, Simeon still yawning and stretching. Elvendor indicated they should move with a slight inclination of his head, and so they set off down to the ground floor and out into the snow lined streets. Most of the centaurs it seemed were used to the cold, a few were wearing thick scarves about their long necks but most wore nothing at all as they set up their stalls and brought forth their goods.

Elvendor stomped along behind Regan, a short dagger hidden beneath his sleeve ready to spring should Regan try to escape. The heavy leather boots weighing down upon his feet, how do humans survive wearing such inhibiting footwear? Still it’s ensuring I don’t end up with frozen feet… Their breath fogged out in front of them, and lingered behind before quickly being masked by the falling snow.

They soon reached the river that flowed from the mountains to the Western coast. Like the Kostenton River, the Sparkling River cut through the center of a capital city. Unlike the Kostenton river though, as it name suggested, this river was clean and clear. It was also wider than the Kostenton, spanned by a giant arched marble bridge that left Elvendor and Alex speechless with wonder. The marble bridge was supported by three large pillars descending into the river. Each side of the bridge had borders of carved frescos and intermittent pillared gaps. Beneath its vast shadow Elvendor could make out small wooden fishing vessels bravely battling the strong wind blowing in from the sea that caused them to hug their coats even tighter. As they watched the snow began to ease, and more of the river came into view, meandering through the whitewashed packed city buildings. Gathered by the shores were many spectators and workers, loading ornate caskets aboard large creaking old ships with black sails.

Curious Elvendor suggested they take a closer look, and with time on their hands the others agreed. They approached the crowd and found a centaur looking on from the outskirts as the chain of caskets continued to be loaded upon the boat.

“What’s going on?” Elvendor asked. The centaur turned, his eyes and hair a pallid grey, it didn’t look as though he would be around for many years to come,

“Why you must be ignorant not to know, it’s the Day of Mourning, it comes but once every three months, when all who have died nobly serving our community are formally sent to their end aboard these ships.” Elvendor gazed out on the silent ships, with their sails flapping forlornly. The centaur continued, his voice a little gravely and troubled,

“My brother’s aboard that vessel, died aged one hundred and three, just ten years older than me. He was a strong centaur, a good centaur, but he couldn’t escape death…no he couldn’t.” His voice tailed off, then he raised his head towards Elvendor saying almost defiantly, “perhaps the ultimate irony is that we spend our lives ignoring such a certainty.”

His comment shocked Elvendor, because he’s right…but it’s ok I don’t have to think about such things for now. I have a purpose, I must find out how my mother died and stop ‘The Jade’ from releasing harm upon this place. Something deep down briefly nagged at his conscience that perhaps in the light of death these purposes were trivial but he crushed them. Even so he couldn’t help but feel sympathy for the old centaur,

“I’m sorry for your loss,” he said sincerely, “when do the boats set sail?”

“They leave a little after the city trumpet blows three times, one for each month covered,” the centaur replied.

“Fine then we will see him off as well,” Elvendor said extending his hand, “I’m Elvendor by the way, this is Alex, Simeon and Regan.” The others all shook the centaurs hand, albeit stiffly in Regan’s case.

“My name is Lancern, I’m pleased to have met you,” yet his eyes were still filled with an overbearing sadness and fear. Feeling uncomfortable, Elvendor nodded and turned, moving off towards the bridge with the others following. As they crossed Elvendor glanced back at the old centaur, but just seeing him brought back the thoughts of death so he quickly turned back and focused his mind on the task at hand.

The snow was now barely falling as they reached the apex of the bridge. We never got much snow in Evertian, the trees bore most of what fell. There was one winter though when several inches fell. I remember going out during the school break and making snow sculptures. In fact I wouldn’t mind making one now if only I wasn’t so grown…oof. A large snowball thumped him on the back of the neck, depositing its freezing load down Elvendor’s neck.

“Wooooo, direct hit Elven,” whooped Alex’s in delight from behind him. Instinctively he grabbed a handful of snow, turned and hurled it at Alex. Alex had anticipated it though and ducked so that it hit Simeon in the face.

“Woops sorry Simeo…” another well placed snowball caught Elvendor in the mouth. Spitting out the snow he called out, “right that does it Alex, you’re for it now!” His next shot caught Alex on the arm, before he was forced to dodged a third shot from Alex. Suddenly he remembered Regan and Simeon and turned to ensure that the former hadn’t escaped. He hadn’t, in fact he was just standing there with a frozen glazed look on his face, as he had in the window looking out at the snow, I wonder… his hands worked on making another snowball as another from Alex just missed his left ear.

Regan’s thoughts were in turmoil as he watched on at the other two having fun, children playing in the snow, but not me. Kids would be ordered by their parents to avoid me if I came by. Labeled a murderer and treated as an outcast whilst others had the fun. Now they’re doing the same, I should run, or capture Simeon… For some reason though he didn’t, perhaps it was having caught a glimpse of friendship which fascinated him. As he stood there though, feeling more and more bitter and left out the idea grew on him. Okay I’ll show…. A snowball caught him in the face, wiping the chilly mask from his eyes he saw Elvendor grinning at him and preparing a second missile.

“Want in Regan?” He called out before being bowled over by a particularly vicious throw by Alex. Regan stood frozen to the spot for a second, barely able to comprehend what had happened. His mind teetered as the anger he’d built up melted like the snow upon his face, bending down he scooped up a snowball and aimed it at Alex who wasn’t expecting it. The missile caught him in the ear, stinging it red. Alex, who was just about to finish Elvendor off with a large lumped snowball spun in mid flight and threw it at Regan shouting “Hey!” Regan dodged it, feeling an unusual sense of lightness as he joined in the battle in earnest.

The fight went on for some time, to the bemusement and contempt of the occasional passing centaur, and may well have gone on for much longer had not Simeon decided to intervene by whipping up clouds of snowballs from the ground and pelting the others into submission. Walking over to them he said with a smile,

“I win…” before three snowballs took him down as well. Laughing Elvendor emerged from the mound, shaking the snow from his coat,

“Ok we need to make a move guys, so lets get going.” They set off again, Elvendor leading, but it was noticeable that some of the tension and hostility towards Regan had dissimilated; Alex still held the dagger behind him, but not as close and in a more relaxed position.

Eventually they reached the northern entrance, the gate wide open as centaurs pulling trade carts struggled through the deep drifts. Several guards, identifiable by the bright silver bands inlaid with a sapphire stone that ran about their foreheads, stood observing and searching those passing through. They checked off every person who entered and left the gates, entering them into a large tome that sat within a large marble building, built into the wall. Approaching one of them Elvendor asked,

“Excuse me, but would you be able to tell me who passed through here twenty three or so years ago?” The guard looked surprised at the request, scrutinizing the elf closely,

“That is an odd request indeed, what is your reason for it?”

“Because I believe my parents passed through about that time and wish to check.” The guard watched his face closely as his partner moved forward to welcome in a sodden white centaur who bravely bore a covered cart of, by the smell, fish.

“Well I wish I could help you but all the records from that long ago for this gate are kept in the library, given the volume of traffic that passes through here. Ask the librarian for them.” With a nod and a muttered thank you Elvendor spun and returned to the group.

“Looks like we’ll have to visit the library to find the answers, lets return to the city centre.”

The sun managed to stage a brief appearance as they returned to the city centre, but it wasn’t strong enough to melt the snow as it began dropping behind the Eastern peaks. They stopped and ate a fish salad from one of the indoor restaurants, near the library, before emerging back into the streets. They’d only taken a few steps towards the tall curved library that overshadowed the central district when a musical horn rang out through the streets, amplified perfectly amongst the marble so that it lingered as the second and third blasts filled out into a harmonic mixture. The note was slightly off-key, deliberately mournful, the calling of the dead to come to the river.

Hurrying they made their way to the bank to observe the ships towed from the banks by crewed ships showing flapping plain white sails. There was no sign of Lancern, but teeming masses of centaurs moved and were moving along the banks – following the progress of the ships to the sea. As the ships moved off the bridge cleared slightly, allowing the four to watch the dark ships slip away into the darkening sky, the sight of the dead disappearing to their final rest.

Regan remained unmoved as he saw them vanish, for the fear of death had slipped from him long ago. For Simeon though the sight brought an unwelcome fear, he didn’t speak but his hands and arms rested tensely against the side of the marble bridge. Alex remained thoughtful and troubled briefly, but his youth overshadowed the true finality of death. Elvendor too took the chance to pause for thought, all races have a system for disguising death. We pick a favorite tree to be buried by, humans construct grand gravestones, dwarves keep genealogies. In the end though is it worth it? Once you’re dead will you care what ship you sailed on or what tombstone you were given? Elvendor let the thought rest there for now, to think further would be too troublesome.

Once the boats had disappeared from their view Elvendor led them back towards the library explaining,

“There’s no point following the boats further, the crowds are too packed and besides its best to explore when there are fewer centaurs about.”

As they walked towards the library a blonde haired middle aged man across the square gave a start, unnoticed by Elvendor. Hastily the man drained his cup of tea and paid the bill, then started following them at a distance.

The library was like all the buildings in The City of Sapphire, made from dark blue marble, streaked with a lighter blue. It had a circular base that curved outwards, reaching its widest point about a third of the way up. Then it sloped inwards to a small glass dome near the top. Glass oval windows spiraled up around the outside. The whole building was set upon an oval platform, in the centre of large oval clearing in which hundreds of market stalls jostled for prime position. For now though they lay empty and few centaurs were walking amongst them. Slowly they approached the entrance; the outer marble doors that led into a small glass porch were pulled back. They passed into the glass porch and came face to face with a second set of doors. Opening them Elvendor, Regan, Alex and Simeon entered the spacious ground floor. Behind them the doors rolled back, pulleys squeaking as they did so. Elvendor stared fascinated as he saw more books than he’d ever seen in his life shelved in row after row before him and looking up above him, amongst the spiraling ramps. He could see the books above, because there was a circular gap in the floors, running up to the glass dome at the top, allowing light to filter down amongst the floors. On the ground floor in front of them, the front half was clear of books, instead there were red beanbag seats about the edge and a raised round pond with luscious ferns and smooth pebbles directly before them, half way between them and the reception desk, that had been placed in the very centre of the floor. Black heating grates were dotted about the marble floor, sending a much needed flow of heat amongst the rigid stone.

Walking around the tranquil pool which didn’t even have a blemishing wrinkle of a ripple afflicting its smooth surface they approached a brown bodied and black haired centaur, although his hair was showing tinges of graying, who stood behind the desk. As they drew near he looked up from a book he was reading and adjusted a crude pair of spectacles that sat upon his nose. He looked a little confused, eventually choosing to speak in English,

“Welcome travelers, it is a surprise to see you here, what can I do for you?” Elvendor didn’t beat about the bush replying,

“We just wanted to see the records of people leaving the North gate from twenty three years ago and wondered if you could help us?” The centaur looked surprised, but nodded and rung a small brass bell.

“Fair enough, that information is rarely used so we keep it in the basement, I’ll have one of my assistant take over manning the reception and guide you down there.” Soon a young gray centaur with brown wavy hair and green eyes trotted down one of the many ramps, his curious eyes roving over the travelers.

“Ah, Remenus, can you watch the desk whilst I show these travelers some records.” Remenus nodded and so they followed the older centaur to the rear of the ground floor amongst the towering marble shelves. At the very back a marble ramp descended, lit by glowing marble torches, guiding lights flickering in the darkness.

The ramp led down to a narrow corridor that opened out onto a large marble platform with roped sides within a huge chamber. Looking down Elvendor couldn’t see the bottom of the marble bookshelves, the tops touching the ceiling. Around the edge of the chamber forming a double helix spiraled pattern ran more flickering torches casting a dim light upon the enormous shelves.

“Wow,” gasped Alex as they all carefully stepped onto the rocking platform, the old centaur roping off the final section before turning to a series of wheels and levers positioned in one corner. Ropes hung off and slid through the platform and soon it had started to move out into the centre of the room.

“Make sure you hold on to the roped barrier,” the centaur called out, “there have been some pretty nasty accidents over the years from people being careless on the platforms.”

“How many were fatal?” Alex called out, the black sailed ships still fairly fresh in his mind.

“Oh all of them, you don’t think anyone would survive a drop from one of these do you?” The old centaur replied casually as though he were talking about the weather, “that’s why I told you to hold on.” Needless to say all did as the centaur turned a wheel and lowered them several stories down and a few feet across until he came to a large blue book with gold lines.

He heaved it off the shelf and began to flick through its pages,

“Let me see, what was the name, Endron, an elf…hmm ah wait yes here, he left with a dwarf named Grum I believe and a child named Elvendor twenty two years and eleven months ago.” Elvendor’s heart lurched,

“What about Ferernia?” The centaur scanned the records, then flicked over the page and scanned down.

“No I have no record of her leaving by that gate, do you want me to look at the others gates of about that time?”

“Yes,” Elvendor replied quickly, anything but the death records, although if she didn’t leave I guess I must face the truth. He realized that all along he’d been hoping she wasn’t really dead, that he’d been hoping against hope to find her alive. The old centaur had taken down a large green tome, muttering,

“This is from the East Gate where a lot of dwarves pass in and out, mining marble from quarries near the hills. Lets see…ah yes here they all are again, except the child Elvendor, they all left including Ferenia twenty three years and two months ago…and all but Ferenia returned from the mountains twenty three years ago.” He shut the tome with a dust filled clap, “sad, it looks like Ferenia never returned from the mountains. Actually,” he peered close at Elvendor, “seeing you somehow brings back memories of them. I believe if I recall rightly that they found something within the library’s archives that excited them. Endron had quite a taste for history and spent quite a bit of time amongst the oldest of our documents, fascinated by them. Then one day he came across a map believed to have been drawn by one of our earliest ancestors here, saying something of our origin. Some of our other scholars had flagged it up as important, but no centaur could ever journey deep into the mountains to trace the route, the terrain doesn’t suit us at all, we’d just be rich pickings for goblins. He came back several more times, then I never saw him again. I wonder if that’s why they set out for the mountains – they must have intended to return given they left Elvendor here.”

“That was me,” the elf said quietly. The librarian looked at him in astonishment,

“Ah then that was why I remembered your father…I see…and why you were so interested. I did wonder. I suppose you’d like to see the map he was so interested in would you?” Elvendor nodded and the centaur turned to the wheels and began to wind the platform down into the very depths of the archives.

They descended down a long way until eventually they reached the bottom of the basement. Then the centaur undid the rope and stepped out, the others following him as he moved between the towering shelves until he reached a set of glass framed documents.

“This is where we keep our oldest treasures,” he said, “and here is the map that your father spent so much time visiting. It’s never been pursued because the route isn’t very accurate and obviously dangerous. It claims to be the journey our first ancestors made to reach here, and how we got here has been the subject of much theoretical speculation.”

“Yet still no-one wished to find out for themselves?” Elvendor said incredulous.

“Well not many, you see we centaurs much prefer the abstract to the practical, a couple of groups did try but they were picked off and became food for those mountain goblins. After that the idea became much less attractive, and the map forgotten about and discredited.” Looking at the map Elvendor could see why, it was a red line that moved from the City due east into the centre of the mountains then South a little way. There were no co-ordinates or measurements.

“Hmm,” he said as the image burned into his mind, then he said, “Good, well thank you for your help…”

“Zeriach”

“Zeriach, you’ve certainly helped clear a lot of things up for me. I guess we’d better head back up.” The centaur nodded and so they headed back to platform and began to ascend.

As they went up Elvendor noticed that Regan was looking more pensive than usual, and kept glancing upwards, perhaps he’s worried about his bird. Regan saw the look he was getting and shook his head before speaking,

“No it’s not Gail, its just I saw someone I recognized as we entered here, and I think he saw us.” Elvendor glanced at him sternly,

“Why didn’t you say so sooner?”

“Why did I at all,” Regan retorted without batting an eyelid, “its of little concern to me now that Constantine will know I’m useless to him.”

“He’s another of Constantine’s spies?” Alex said angrily incredulous, “how many does he have tracking us?”

“Oh he wouldn’t be tracking you, but he has at least one in every city and he knew me. He knows that I only ever work alone and will have surmised that I’ve been captured, there could be trouble ahead.” Damn that Mayor, Elvendor thought angrily as they continued to ascend, why can’t he leave us alone!” Trouble in fact struck sooner than any of them had anticipated for as they rose level with the exit tunnel the blonde haired man and Remenus stood waiting. Zeriach stopped turning the wheels and called out to his assistant,

“What’s up Remenus?”

“Apparently this gentleman says that those four are to be taken in for kidnapping, acting under Constantine’s authority. We suggest you tie them down and take their weapons from them.” Zeriach looked wide eyed at Remenus,

“Are you serious! How am I to do that! They’d be able to kill me in a second.” Remenus smiled, and opened up a marble panel on the wall.

“Don’t worry Zeriach I think they’ll readily comply with my request, because if they don’t I’ll send them tumbling to their deaths.” Zeriach’s face grew red as he spluttered,

“That’s foolhardy Remenus, I’d die to.”

“Better convince them to surrender then,” Remenus said with a smile. The blonde haired human didn’t move, but stared at them with an amused smile upon his boyish face. Zeriach let go of the controls and sighed,

“This is really bad,” he said, “Remenus has access to the overriding controls for the platform. They were designed to recover the platform should it’s user have an accident or be taken ill suddenly. It means that he can send this platform where he wants at what speed he wants. He’ll attempt to shake us all to our deaths unless you surrender.”

“!!” Alex sputtered, “Simeon can you help?” Simeon looked thoughtful,

“Not easily, as soon as this platform starts jolting I won’t be able to concentrate and it will take too much time to create another platform from the air.”
What should we do? How can we stop any bloodshed and escape from here? I might be able to use the ropes, Simeon may be able to use a low form of his powers. If only there was some water.” Elvendor had secretly been practicing during the night his use of water emotons since Zeriaph had warned him that such a skill could be lost through non-use. Whilst he still had trouble focusing his mind, he could now see the water particles fairly quickly if he was completely concentrating on them. The tiny amount of water in here is barely worth using though he thought in disappointment.

Last edited by JezSharp on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Mastermind
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human body (and probably the centaur one too) is 55-65 % water.

SPLASH!!
Laughing Laughing Surprised Dead Subject

I might get a better idea at a time I'm not so destructive...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and keep him talking whilst Sim creates another platform to stand on, says I.

A nice read there Jez!
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile , ok the two suggestions so far are:

- Use the water in Remenus's body to kill him.

- Create a seperate platform to stand on.

Poll will go up tomorrow so any other suggestions will have to come in before then.
Mastermind
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and talk yourself out of it somehow.
Or make Zeriach tie them badly, so that they can easily escape when they've come up.
Or disable the mechanisms so that the platform can't move.

Yay! I'm a citizen!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Poll is up, will run until the weekend. The options all duplicated but it shouldn't make a difference - I can adjust the votes accordingly. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm looking forward with interest to seeing which of the options is chosen.
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll will close in around a days time, need more votes to come in to break the tie.
Mother Goose
Respected Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't break the tie. Well, you have more options to choose from for writing now.
CunningFox
Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll, mised teh poll, but I would have voted to disable the mechanism. Elvendoor doesn't seem like the killing type to me.
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well I've combined three of the four options for the next chapter. Will lock down this trhead and bring out the new one.

How should they deal with the dilemma?
Try to have Simeon construct a seperate platform
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Try to have Simeon construct a seperate platform
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Elvendor uses the water emotons to kill Remenus
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Elvendor uses the water emotons to kill Remenus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Try to disable the mechanism
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Try to disable the mechanism
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
have Zeriach 'tie' them up, then break free when they reach the tunnel
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
have Zeriach 'tie' them up, then break free when they reach the tunnel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4
Who Voted: Chinaren, LordoftheNight, Mother Goose

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Elvendor All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: