Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Rats

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Byl
Tourist

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Rats Reply with quote

I'm going to do something new that I haven't done in a long time, write in 3rd person

Ch.1 Like Violet

Long ago, in a prosperous empire, the people had a way of chossing the next ruler. It was simply by a game between the heirs. A game of cards. But the game was never ending, for no one truly ever won at all. It was always a tie. But how did the next ruler come to be. He was the last one standing. But not from actually winning. His competition simply grew tired of something that just seemed plain stupid to them and quit. Yet, that is the point of the game. This game was called Rats.

You see, it is belived that a ruler should have these qualities. A sharp mind, to expect the unexpected. Speed, to be the first to get a chance. Loyalty, so no one can ever stab your back. Luck, just to be certain. And the most important ability, to never give up.

All the previous rulers held these qualities and their competition none. But one time it came to a complete tie.

This tie was between King Wobnair's duaghters. Now King Wobnair was an absolute powerful ruler. No one ever defied him. It was believed that his power came from his advance bloodline of some previos rulers that was passed down in every generation. And it was passed down to his duaghters.

Now this generation's competition was differant. Instead of some other relatives who wanted the title all to themself did not come at all to battle. It was a battle only to King Wobnair's daughters, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet.

It was an epic battle. No one lost still, but none gave up either. Their sisterhood was put behind them. Still no one won.

But after some time, it seemed that Violet was winning. Now it seemed to everyone that it was very obvious that Violet should win. She was obviously more fit to rule. For she was smart, freindly, and kind.

But she was too kind. Right when it seemeed that the game was almost over with only Violet and Red left standing, something happened. Violet had a thought in her mind, that her sisters deseved it more than her. So she did something unheard of. Instead of giving up and let Red win, she gave her cards to Yellow, Green, and Blue. she then left. It was unheard of but not against the rules. But her sisters never won at all. It was then decided that if neither one of the four remaining sisters could rule, the land would be split for each. Blue was given the icy north. Red the blistering south. Green a luscious valley of hills in the east. And Yellow, west with calm winds. And Violet. No one heard from her again.

Like Violet the game Rats was gone. There was no longer a use for it after the seperation of land. Yet it is still used today. But as a game and only a game. But the cards still had a wanting, a wanting to be used for something more. And thus came the Rats Game Competition.

The game rats is still played today. Like it always has been for many many years. And today is the day to sign up for the 10 year anual Rats Game Competition.

Jack, a young boy in the far north was very eager to sign up this time. Since he was 5, when he first saw a Rats game, he wanted to win the competion. And now he was finally eligible to enter. But right now, he seem to tired to even get up.

The mourning sunlight gently warmed Jack's soft face. His eye slowly opened as he just as slowly stood up. Making a huge yawn, he was very unaware that he was in the same clouths as yeasterday, lieying on the couch with only a blanket, and almost late for sign up. Then it hit him.

"AARRRGGGGGHHHH, MOM WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER!!!!"

His mom was in the kitchen making a delicious smelling breakfast. She seemed blissfully unaware of how much the sign up meant to him."Well I'm sorry Jack, but you know how lonely I'd feel if you left for a long time. Why do you think they made it a 10 year challenge."

"Well yes, I know that's true . But you do have Ace." Jack said while pointing to their red cat who was sleeping lazily on his pillow.

"Well, I've kind of thought....that...maybe..you should take him. He's really good and will help you at a lot of stuff ." She replied with a pleading voice and eyes. "And also... can you take my deck instead of the one you have."

"What?!" Jack seemed a little startled."Fine I'll take the cat! But that old smellin deck! I would never.."

He stopped dead when he saw that his mom was relly seriousShould I take it or not?[/i]

Last edited by Byl on Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
snow tiger
Resident

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His competition simply grew tired of something that just seem plain stupid to the and quit.

"seemed" and "them"

so far so good[/quote]
Phang
Elder

Topics: 25

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee-hee-hee. I'm interested to see where this goes...
alexandrie
Resident

Location: In the wild, overcrowded, organized, desolation of my mind

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see that it is finished. I think he should take the deck. If you mother offers you a raggedy old card deck from when the caveman romed, you should take it. There must be a reason if was saved long enough get that old.

Through the whirlling torents, I carrie on.
Byl
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexandrie wrote:
Nice to see that it is finished. I think he should take the deck. If you mother offers you a raggedy old card deck from when the caveman romed, you should take it. There must be a reason if was saved long enough get that old.

Now tell me Alex, would you relly want an old deck of cards that probably smells bads, bugs here and there, gets dust in your eyes, ruined and tattered from the many years it has seen, and is now too dull to use as ninja stars to "accidentaly" kill the anoying little girly boy we share class with*hint hint nudge nudge*. WELL WOULD YA???!!! Wall Bash
alexandrie
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byl wrote:
alexandrie wrote:

Now tell me Alex, would you relly want an old deck of cards that probably smells bads, bugs here and there, gets dust in your eyes, ruined and tattered from the many years it has seen, and is now too dull to use as ninja stars to "accidentaly" kill the anoying little girly boy we share class with*hint hint nudge nudge*. WELL WOULD YA???!!! Wall Bash

Laf I play with your cards don't I?

HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the deck, the bad smell of the deck may prove useful in this game of patience.
Byl
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yes take the smelly deck that makes the other players forfiegt. Just makes me wonder hom Jack's mom lived with it Shocked

It probably smells likesome skunk that just ate some garbage and then sprayed on socks that were left in some lazy boys closet and haven't been picked up for years . I just hope Jack can survive it or Dead Subject .Then my story would be just as dead.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea for a story. Lots of possibilities with this one.

Smile
Byl
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like I haven't been on a lot so on to writing

Jack looked at his mother staight in the eye as if she was crazy. She wasn't at all affected by this and kept staring at him. A presure like stare. He wasn't used to being stared at. But Jack also wasn't used to defeat. So without looking at his mom, he grabbed the deck from her hands. She, and maybe even Ace, smiled.

"Now I'm preety sure you won't be disappointed about my cards." Jack's mom said "They have been faithful to the family for many generations" Jack was somewhat puzzled by this. For if the cards were faithful, then why were there no trophies to prove that. Then again, he presumed, his family was not really those who loved competition. Usually enjoying their peace while staying at home, he was the odd one of his family all right.

Then he looked at the clock. "I'M GOING TO BE LATE!!!" Quicky, almost stepping on Ace, he grabbed his belongings and went out through the door. Ace followed him.

"Here you go sir." Said the man behind the counter. His arm was outstreched and his hand holding up what looked like a rusted bolt.

"What the heck is this?" Jack questioned. Why would he need a rusted bolt.

"It's a chip, in case you get lost."

"But why is it a rusted bolt?"

"Please go to your room until further instuctions" Said the counter man with his cherry smile still in place.

Jack walked away still puzzled and a question not answered.Why is it a rust bolt? And why would they need a chip? Does someone really get lost in these games?

But his mind wandered off to Ace, who was panting heavily from following Jack. Jack's puzzlement then went to the cat. Now why did Mom want me to take ace. Come to think of it, Ace has been in this family before I was born and he still looks young. Strange cat. Leaning to Ace he jockinly replied " Why aren't you dead yet?" Ace just replied with what seemed to be a smirk.

Then he looked at a nearby trash can, and in it wre some of the rusted bolts. But they looked differant from his, not like bolts, more crooked, some even bened in a perfect angle. Deciding that their previos owners were right about throwing them away, he put his in the pile.

Then, while he was just about to walk away, there came a rustling. Turning around, he saw a very olf homeless man grabbing the bolts. His eyes were very big in shock, a yellow thoothed smile, came acroos his face, and his dull hair was standing everywhere. Now who let him in.

"Um, excuse me, what are you doing?" Coming closer, Jack could smell garbage, skunk, and old laundry at the same time. He tried very hard not to puke.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you still want this?"[/i]
alexandrie
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the bolt. You already have the ratty old deck and the bolt was given to you by a tournament rep so you should keep it.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. If you don't know what something does but you've been told you should have it, don't throw it away. Clearly the old man wants it, so take it just to spite him, if nothing else.

Tea Cures All.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: