Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Only Time Tells

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Midnight
Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Only Time Tells Reply with quote

This is just something that went horribly wrong when I was writting She said she loved me. I got side tracked and ended up with this. Hopefully it is okay.

Part 1:
9 Days Earlier
Friday.

“Hey, psst. Jasmine.” Derek whispered, getting more persistent on catching my attention with each passing second.

“What is it?” I replied, barely awake. The sun hurt my eyes as I got up. My head felt heavy, it was refusing my instruction to stay up. It wanted to sleep... as did I.

“We sorta have to go home now. The others already left, they did want to ask you something. But you were sleeping so they didn't bother you.”

“Others? Where am I again?”

“At the park. Remember?”

“Oh right,” I looked at my watch, it was already 5 o'clock in the afternoon. “Oh shit. I have to get home, how long did I sleep for? Never mind, hurry up, get up, we have to go!” I yelled, trying to get on my feet.

“Well...” Derek trailed, as he looked at me. Almost staring.

“Well what?”

“Don't get me wrong, its not that I don't enjoy this. But I find it difficult to get up. Or move at all. This being said, and since you haven't noticed... Your on me.” He replied, with the biggest grin on his face.

I looked around. I was on him. Like 'on' him. I was laying on his chest, head on his shoulder, legs... well you get the idea. I think we were on the southern end of the park. I couldn't see very well cause my eyes were still rejecting the sunlight. But I saw enough to know that people passing us thought we were lovers or something.

“Right. Get that 'big' grin off your face and move! I have to get home, god knows what my parents are thinking right now.”

“What big grin. I'm just greeting the passing observers.”

I scramble to my feet and dragged him up. I'd ask him later how we even ended up in a position like that, maybe when he was less cocky. Asking him now would only encourage cocky remarks.

Even though it was already past 5, the sun was still plenty bright and hot. I was hoping it would be cooler at this time of day, but it seemed it was going to be another hot night. At least we wouldn't be walking in the dark. Derek's tough, but I don't think we want to get caught up in anything dangerous.

“So, what did the guys want to ask me?”

“Hmm?” He looked confused. Such a short memory span.

“You said the others wanted to ask me something. But they didn't bother cause I was sleeping.”

“Oh, yea yea. Sami wanted to know if you were going to Luca's party this Sunday night. You going?”

“Party eh. I don't know, I might go. I'll call you if I need a lift or anything.”

“A lift eh, interesting.” He said, starting to have that ridiculous grin on his face.

“I see your still not out of your cocky stage yet. Honestly, you had better enjoyed that little scenario back there, cause thats the only time thats ever happening. You won't catch me doing that willingly thats for sure.”

“Aww, why so cruel? Besides, is it my fault that you practically threw yourself at me. Who am I to object?” He replied, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, and just kept walking. Come to think of it, it was a beautiful day today. The grass was green and the flowers were abundant with colour. The sky was a beautiful coloured blue and there seemed to be no clouds at all. If there were clouds you couldn't see them, they melded with the sky, forming into one magnificent object. Nature was so calm, so beautiful, so easy. Unlike other things, which are always complicated and filled with struggle. But those things seemed easier for others... like Derek.

“Well, where here.” Derek said, I had completely lost noticed of where we were. If he hadn't said anything I probably would have continued walking.

I looked at my watch, it was ten past six. I was home in time for dinner so hopefully I wouldn't get much of a lecture. Doubtful, if it isn't this, then it'll be about something irrelevant.

“Thanks. I'll see you when I see you.” I said, trying to sound as cheerful as I could. I would fool him yet!

“Cheerfulness. Huh. You want me to come in and clear things up with your parents?”

“Nah, it's okay. I'll be fine.”

“Okay then... You sure?”

“What are you waiting for a goodbye kiss or something? Cause it ain't happening.”

“Damn, and here I was hoping, “ He joked. I was glad he did, it took some worry out of my system.”Well, if your sure. Bye.” We waved then walked off. I watched him leave till I couldn't see him anymore.

Procrastinating was over, there was no escaping it. I had to face my parents.

... Again.

Last edited by Midnight on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad.... Sad
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 2:
Friday Night: Derek

I walked home leaving Jasmine to deal with her parents alone. I wanted to go in and explain to them what happened. It was entirely my fault after all. If I hadn't been enjoying her company, she would have been home in time. I only hope she doesn't get into too much trouble. I know how controlling they are.

Unlike my parents. They won't even notice how long I've been out. Thank god for that, I hate questions and I specially hate answering them.

“Hey! Drek!” A voice yelled from a far. It sounded familiar. Funny, who would be out this time of day...

No, wait. There's only one that ever calls me Drek.

“Luca.” I sighed, as he stepped in front of me, wearing that ridiculous grin. Now I understand how Jasmine feels when she sees it. I guess shes right, I seem to have inherited The Grin from him.

“Hey, hey. Soo, how was it?” Luca said, bobbing up and down like a little kid. I could tell he was his original hyperactive self.

“How was what?” I replied confused.

“Don't play dumb, I saw how Jasmine was all over you. Not that you seemed to mind it so much, with that HELL YA look on your face.

That remark made me smile, almost blush. I could feel the heat start to bubble up on my cheeks, so I tried to stop myself from smiling to prevent the blush from coming. But it was futile, it was just too funny.

“Ahh, see. I'm just too good. I'm like physic, like so mentally out there.” He said, seeming to lose his balance while walking backwards. Jumping everywhere didn't seem to help either, if he was smart he'd turn around and walk straight. But Luca... walk straight... think straight, now that, was stupid thinking.

“Yea, mentally out there? That doesn't even make sense. Your such a goof off man. Anyway, what are you doing out here, didn't you and Sami head off home already?

“Yea, we did. But we like, separated. She like got a txt from her mum saying that she had to like grab a few things before comin' home. So I went out and like... explored.” He waved his arms about when ending that sentence. I swear, for anyone that meets Luca for the first time would thing he's a retard.

“Yea. Man you say like so many times, its confusing. I don't know how you manage to say your sentences so fast.”

“Skill dude. So, anyway. I'm like gonna crash at your place tonight. I can't be like, stuffed to go home now. Sooo, I'm at your place tonight. I already told my parents about it, there cool.”

“Okay, self invite. Nice.”

“Of course, but hey, if you like don't want me there, I'll like... scat.”

“Nah, I'll just ring my rents and tell em your coming.”

“Nice. Lets like, get a move on then.”

“Please stop saying like. Your driving me insane. It sounds like this. Lets like, go off and like, party at like some beach.”

“Sure thing then bro.” He said, laughing. Knowing bro was equally as annoying.

We arrived back at my place with Luca tripping over and running into objects. He was walking straight now, but jumping all over the place like a mad monkey. He had to put an action to every word he said. I honestly didn't know how Sami dealt with him. He seemed to behave less like this when Sami was around, she could actually control his attitude. I don't know, there relationship towards each other was too complicated for me to understand.

I unlocked the door and we went inside the house. Dad and my little brother Peter were at there usual spot, in a trance watching T.V. The only time you'll get them out of it now was if someone yelled 'Dinner!'.

Dad worked as a car salesman, he hated his job, but enjoyed the challenge of persuading someone to buy a car, especially if it was out of there original price choice. The harder someone was to break, the more rewarding it was for him.

Peter was your average 6 year old. He yells, he screams, he whines and he's a pest. What else could I really say about him. He drives me insane, and sometimes I swear I could kill him with my bare hands, I've even pictured it. But I still love him. No... I have to love him.

Mum was in the kitchen, cooking away like she always did. She looked up and at me and gave me a smile. Whatever she was making tonight smelled really good. As always, we could expect something delicious to eat for dinner.

Mum's home was the kitchen, though she worked in finance, her passion was cooking. She made it her life job to create something different every night and would only consider making the same thing if she couldn't find something different to cook. Sometimes she would mix 2 meals together, and sometimes it would turn out well... and other times... not so well. But that was just an excuse for dad to take us out somewhere to eat, which was for him, something that didn't look like something a cow just threw up.

“Hey Mrs Phillips, hows things?” Luca said calmly. I learned to savior moments like this, when Luca was calm, normal even.

“Oh, hey Luca. Things are good. How's your mum these days?”

“Shes good, she still has depression and all, but shes slowly getting out of it. We actually successfully persuaded her to come to the beach with us next Saturday.”

“Glad to hear it.” My mum replied, smiling with appreciation.

“If you needed to persuade her, you should have called me. Any challenge, and I'll take it.” My dad butted it.

“Richard, Sarah isn't a test subject for you to charm. Shes very ill.”

“I'm just saying, call me next time if she needs persuading.”

Luca was laughing, he found my parents bickering entertaining. Not that I could blame him, it was funny to watch, and yet kind of embarrassing.

“Um, Derek. You know the headphones for your... ya know... I-pod. Well... I might... of-.” My brother rambled to me.

“Peter, if you touched them and broke them. I'll make sure that I break you. Or if you get away, I'll make it my mission to hunt you down, then, break you.” I threatened. I was sick and tired of him in my room every second of the day I'm not here.

“Uh, then... um... Never mind.” He replied. Then went back to watching T.V.

“You little brat! Break your own things. Freakin' hell. What were you do-.”

“Dinner!” My mum yelled and by the look on her face she was relieved that she broke the to-be argument of the evening.

Not that it mattered.
I'd get him after dinner. He he...

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 3:
Friday Night: Jasmine

I let myself in the house, and walked the long walk towards the lounge room. I felt like I was going to collapse from nerves. Whatever worry Derek managed to take out of my system, it came back the second I walked through that door, and double the amount it was originally. The pit of my stomach was screaming to me, it kept turning and swirling and rolling around like it wanted escape from its current position. As hard as I could, I tried to ignore the plead it was screaming to me.

It was like I was about to go on trail, my actions going to be judged, then my punishment set. I wanted to escape, but there was no turning back, I had to follow through. My breathing came from a steady flow to a heavy panting. I felt like I was suffocating. The walls around me closing in.

I don't know why I was so worked up, I was just home late after all, I'm still in one piece, I'm still in time for dinner. I was just making a big deal out of nothing, everything will be fine, my parents will be nice and calm. I just had to make it through the corridor in one piece, without collapsing.

“JASMINE HILARY SNOW! Where have you been!? What, you didn't think it would be important to call your own parents!? Well!?” My mother screamed. Yes, everything would be fine. My ass.

“I was just at the park with Derek and that, I fell asleep and when I woke up it was already past 5.” I pleaded, trying to make my voice sound as sorry as possible.

“Oh, so you were out with your boyfriend doing god knows what. Why didn't you call then?”

“I was in too much of a hurry to get home in time, so calling wasn't really on my mind. Derek isn't my boyfriend either, he's just a good friend.” I was annoyed at the fact she used Derek as another excuse to be angry with me, and to accuse me of dating him as well. I was sick and tired of the way she would just imply things.

“Yes, of course. Thats what you would want me to believe. If you were in a hurry to get home, I think calling would be the first thing on your mind if you knew that you wouldn't be home in time.”

“Well, it wasn't the first thing that came into my mind. Getting home was more of what I was thinking.”

“Whatever, more like boys was what was on your mind. Your dinners on the table.” My mother replied, with her usual 'I know all attitude'.

She walked into the lounge where my father was, as usual he didn't say anything on the matter. Like he cared. I heard my mother talking about me in the other room with him, but I couldn't really be stuffed to listen in. I could already hear her nagging from the room I was in. She wanted me to hear.

I took my plate of food, then went upstairs to my room. My only place of refuge in the entire house, where I could do whatever I wanted without being scolded 2 seconds in. It was messy, I wouldn't deny that, but every great artist has a messy room. That was my excuse and I was going to stick with it.

I went over to my computer and started to do my usual routine. Open up msn, check my mail, check for manga and anime updates, search for some books that I could read, etc, etc. I got bored after awhile, though I had lots of contacts on msn, few of them said more than 2 sentences. It was sorta sad.
A few hours in, and I was well and truly bored enough to entertain myself by messing around with the minesweeper icon. As the words from the songs I was listening were said, I clicked my mouse to make the minesweeper guy open his mouth, making it seem like he was singing. I was thankful when the phone started ringing, I think I was slowly losing sanity the more I made the minesweeper sing.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Sami here. I would talk to you on msn, but meh. I don't feel like typing right now. That and your probably so bored your making that minesweeper guy sing again... right?” Sami said, I could tell that she was holding back laughter when she implied that. Heck, so was I.

“I have no idea what your talking about, I'd never sink that low again.” I replied, and started laughing.

“Right, so how are you? I mean, how was the park?” I could tell she had a smirk on the other end. I'm gonna kill Derek next time I see him.

“I wouldn't really know, I was asleep. How was the park for you?”

“Oh, I see how it is. Well then, I wouldn't know, I left after awhile.”

“Why did you have to leave anyway?”

“Me and Luca were gonna go off somewhere but my mum txted me half way there, so Luca and I separated.”

“Oooo. Luca eh, where were you two going?”

“None of your business, and besides. You know its not like that between me and him,” She paused, as if searching for the right words to say. “Were just good friends... like you and Derek.” She sounded sad when she said that.

“Would you... like to be more than good friends?”

“Don't be stupid, been there, done that, it didn't work out. I can live with that.”

“But you still have feelings for him, don't try to deny it, I can tell.”

“Well... Maybe. Its hard to walk away from something like that though. I, I... I loved him. As painful as it is, I want our friendship.”

There was a pause in the conversation. It was painful for her to talk about her feelings towards Luca, no matter how crazy he is. She loves him for it. He is lovable in every sense, even though he's somewhat crazy.

“Okay, silence over. I'm going to kill myself I start to cry,” She continued. “Besides, Luca is insane. He can't keep still for 2 seconds. It drives you insane.”

“Tell me about it, sometimes I feel like grabbing a chain and tyeing him up with it. Just so he'd be still for 2 seconds.”
“Don't do that, he'd probably enjoy it too much. He likes the kinky shit... Or so I would presume.”

“Oh my god, you might have just admitted to something.”

“Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.”

We continued to talk like that for the rest of the night. It was fun to get some things out of my mind. It relaxed me.

One things for sure though. I was going to kill Derek...

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May murder and cause insue... Very Happy wonderful Very Happy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 4:
Saturday:Jasmine

I woke up at my usual place, on the computer. I really had to teach myself to go to bed when I was tired. I always ended up having a sore back or neck afterward.

It was still dark out, the sun had just started rising. I made my way over to my bed, making myself comfortable so that I could get back to sleep. I closed my eyes and waited... nothing. I rolled over then tried to relax... nothing. Then something came to me.

I looked at the time on my bedside table. It was 3:30 in the morning. This was going to be a pain. It always took me forever to get back to sleep after waking up this early. I had been waking up every night at this time, it was such an effort to get back to sleep. Most of the time I would just lay there, staring at thin air, then when it was about 1 or 2 hours later, I'd drift back into sleep.

I got up and tried a different approach to falling asleep. I walked around my bedroom, then did a few exercises. But I still wasn't tired. I went downstairs to grab a glass of milk, and still there was nothing. I tried running around my bedroom again. That was useless. By the end of it all I decided to just grab a book and read till I fell asleep naturally, hopefully it wouldn't take hours.

I awoke again to the sound of a phone ringing, I didn't bother waking up thinking it was coming from downstairs.

“Are you going to answer that?” My father asked.

“Wha? Huh? Answer?” I replied, half awake, my voice groggy.

“Your phone? Its been ringing for awhile now.”

“It has? Oh my god. Why now? Its too early. Want, no, need to sleep in. Day off. No work. Fun.”

“Unfortunately that's not what your friends think.” He said laughing. Mocking me if anything.

“Dear god. Who in hell would be calling now?” I mumbled to myself. I was too tired to get up. If only they knew how tired I was, I mean, how really really tired I was. Then maybe they wouldn't have rang.

“Hello? Who is this?, you know your interrupting my sleep right?”

“Aww, poor baby, did I disturb your beauty sleep? Ahh well, you'll live. It's me De-” I cut him off, he needed not introduce himself. I could tell who it was.

“Derek, I'm going to kill you. How dare you call me now. I'll kill you!”

“Thats not very nice. Oh, by the way, your on speaker.”

“WHAT! I hate you.”

“Aww, don't be like that, its just a bit of fun.”

A bit of fun he said. Unfortunately for him, I wasn't in the mood. I was tired. There was nothing else to it. No one disturbs me and gets away with it. He'll die next time I see him.

“Hello? Did you collapse?”

“I hate you.”

“Yes, you already said that. Aren't you going to ask why I rang?” I could hear voices in the background. Luca's voice stood out like crazy.

“I hate you.”

“I gathered. Aren't you going to say anything else besides that?”

“I hate you.” I repeated.

“I'll take that as a no. Ahh wells, I guess you don't wanna hang out with the gang today. What a shame.”

“I hate you.”

“Seriously, aren't you going to say anything else to me. I know you love me, so there's no need to cover it up by saying I hate you.” He joked, and I could hear everybody else start to laugh in the background.

“I...” I paused, just so it would add effect.

“Yes...?” He said. I swear he was smiling on the other end. That idiotic grin, that bugged me so.

“Really, hate you.”

“Okay, that's it, let me talk to her. Your only bugging her. Move, scat, get out of my way.” I heard Sami say on the other end. By the sound of it, she was pushing Derek and Luca around. To bad, I was expecting her to punch Derek in the face or something.

“Hey Sami.” I sounded less groggy, and I felt more awake too.

“Your going to be outside your house in half an hour, if your not ready, too bad. I'll drag you out naked if that's the case.”

“Uh, why would I be naked?”

“I don't you. Shower maybe. Its just an expression. Now hurry up. 30 minutes remember.” She hang up after that. I didn't even get a chance to reply to her. 30 minutes, god, who did she think I was. Super women, and here I thought I'd relax and sleep in today.

“So how do feel?” Sami asked me while I got into the car.

“Tired, I want to go home and sleep.”

“You could come over here and sleep on me if you like.” Derek intruded, and like always, he had the idiotic grin on his face. I felt like knocking those teeth in right there and then. But patience is a virtue. He'll be in a world of pain soon... very soon.

“Derek, like shut up. I'm driving, and your in the passengers seat, so unless you wanna like get shoved in the boot, sit down and shut up!”

“Uh, is it safe for Luca to be driving?” I asked, he was crazy. This could be dangerous.

“Don't worry, he won't be an idiot and drive around like an insane person. Not anymore anyway.” Sami said with a great smirk on her face. I got the feeling she did something, but I couldn't be bothered to ask.

“Thats cause you whacked me in the head. You know, that's like, really dangerous. You can't go around hittin' people on the head when there driving. It's dangerous.”

“Dangerous? Dangerous! The way you were driving before we got to Jasmines house was dangerous! Swerving around the road like crazy, your not walking you know. So don't tell me that its dangerous to hit people in the back of the head. Your the one that's dangerous. So just shut up, keep your eyes on the road and drive!”

Luca mumbled something, but I couldn't hear him properly. I think it was 'Stupid, tell me to shut up and drive.....” then I lost it. Come to think of it, I didn't know where we were going. As usual I get dragged off somewhere without even knowing where that somewhere is.

“Man... your so whipped and your not even dating her. Its pathetic man.” As soon as Derek had finished that sentence Sami slapped him on the back of the head, it was hilarious. Me and Sami just couldn't stop laughing, his facial expression was priceless.

“OW! The hell. You can't just go around slapping people on the back of the head.”

Thats what Luca just said, and if I didn't listen to him, what makes you think I'm gonna listen to you?”

“I'm more lovable, cute and precious than him.”

“Yea, right. Cause your all those things.” I remarked, rolling my eyes.

“You know you want me. Theres no denying it. Its written all over your face Jasmine.”

“Right. Like any sane person would be dumb enough to date you. Or touch you, or kiss you, or do anything else with you. I pity the ones that do end up dating you.”

“You say harsh things towards me but I know its the sign of your affection. Your built like that. Tough on the outside, but all you really want is someone to reach out and touch your soul.”

“Stop right there. You just committed a crime. Please don't try to do poetry. You fail at it and you might destroy poetry full stop.”

“Please, I invented poetry. I am the one that is hard to hate, the one that is hard to love. But I know inside what you truly feel, cause there is nothing you can hide.”

“Dear god, my ears... their bleeding! I just heard something that can never be unheard! You have just officially killed poetry for me!”

“You loved it.”

“Guys, shut up, I need to concentrate!” Luca interrupted.

“Parking,?” Sami asked. “You need to concentrate on parking?”

“Yes, if you must know. Now shut up.”

I looked outside the window to see where we were. Great choice Sami, an amusement park. You always did want to drag me off to one. Well, its gonna be a hell of a day, especially for Derek, that world of pain was almost here.

He he...

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 5:
Saturday: Jasmine

We got out of the car, and made our way towards the amusement park ticket booth. Thank god the line was small, I would've killed myself if it was long. I don't have the patience to wait for people who can't do there job fast enough so that people end up waiting. Just give them the damn ticket then tell em to piss off.

“One student ticket please.” I said. I was waiting for him to say 'student ID please', but there was nothing.

“$4:50” The man said, he sounded like he was about to kill himself, he sounded that depressed. I would too if I had to say the same line over and over again.

The amusement park was just like I pictured it, crowed and really loud. Everyone was just as hyper as Luca, I never thought that was possible. Sami was pulling me by the arm, I wish she would stop for ten seconds and let me think about what was going on. I swear that she and Luca could sometimes pull off having the same energetic attitude. All of sudden she stopped.

“Okay Jasmine, you’re coming with me,” She said with a huge grin, this grin did not frustrate me the way Derek’s did. She turned to the boys who were standing behind me. “You two scat, we’ll meet up in an hour right here next to the fares- wheel. Then we can go off and do things together. Oh, and Luca...”

“Yes mam?” Luca said, standing up straight imitating a soldier.

“Please don’t break anything.”

“Mam yes Mam.” Luca replied, smiling. She too, smiled. As Luca walked off, Sami stopped Derek.

“Make sure he doesn't break anything, okay?” She asked her. Concern filled her voice.

“Sure thing, with me on the watch he won't even go anywhere near a breakable item.” He replied, then walked off to join Luca. With that, the boys disappeared into the crowd leaving me alone with Sami and her evil plans.

Yes, her and her evil plans, I didn't even get to sit down once while we were together. She just kept moving and moving and moving. I was relieved at how fast the hour passed. We were back at the fares wheel before I knew it, and to top it off, we beat the boys. We didn’t have to wait long before they, I should really say Luca, came running through the crowd arm stretched out like he was gonna bear hug us. I jumped out of the way and into Derek who quite literally came out of nowhere. He didn't have a big grin on his face like I thought he would the second it happened. He looked as if he was concentrating on something, something... big. But he helped me steady my balance after he realised what had happened.

“Come on Sami, lets go find a cool ride.” Luca said jumping from side to side. He was more crazy than usual. What had he taken?

“You let him have fairy floss right?” Sami eyed Derek suspiciously.

“Hey, I take no responsibility for what he does. You told me to make sure he didn’t break anything.” Sami hit Derek swiftly on his right arm before walking away with Luca, who sounded like a sick chimpanzee or maybe he was laughing, I didn’t know.

“Come on Jasmine, lets go on the fares wheel.” Derek said, looking at my face for the first time since he came back with Luca. This somewhat, made me nervous. The way he was staring at me. Maybe it was just my imagination.

I nodded agreeing, wanting nothing more but to sit down on a ride that didn’t go from fast to slow in ten seconds. The line was short. Thank god. Derek helped me into my seat before taking his own. The operator made sure that we were securely locked in before pushing past us to the next. We didn’t have to wait long before we were moving, I looked out into the sky, it was so gorgeous. But something felt off, I turned to look at Derek, he was staring at me… It took me thirty seconds maybe less to look into his eyes, thats when I forgot everything…

I didn’t know how long we had been on the ride, all I remember was staring straight a head, then turning around to ask Derek something, next thing I knew I was in a trance, his eyes holding mine. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster, not even a whole minute had passed but the time, place and date all just disappeared. I don't know how long we were staring at each other. I tired hard to rearrange my thoughts but all thought ended the second he kissed me. To my shock my immediate response was to kiss him back, I didn't even realise I was responding back. His lips were warm and soft, his kiss tender yet raging with passion. He was a great kisser; well he had impressed me. I was surprised he could maintain the kiss for so long without killing it in some way.

I spoke too soon, it died the second he did this... how to explain. He had concentrated on one kiss longer than usual, which made it hard for me to breathe, and my tongue became tired and unwilling to respond any longer. I had to pull away, and at the right time too. We were almost at the bottom.

“Well, well.” He said, the grin on his face.

“Idiot!” I yelled, and punched him on his arm then anywhere else I could manage to hit.

“Hey, stop that. It hurts, surprisingly. What did I do wrong anyway?” Derek pleaded.

“You, You... You kissed me!” I screamed, and with my luck everyone at the waiting fares-wheel ride heard me.

I left him there, I was too upset to be embarrassed about what everyone had just heard. I walked over to the exit, I saw Sami and Luca at one of the games and decided to go there instead.

“BOO YAH! SCORE, now give me that giant teddy bear.” Luca yelled at the man who ran the game stall.

“Jeez, take it easy Luca. Its just a game, don't have to peg the ball so hard that you put a hole on the other end.” Sami lectured.

“Please. The bears for you anyway. Do you like, seriously think I got the bear for myself?”

Sami smiled at him, I was so happy to see them like that. I remember when they were like that towards each other, but that was a long time ago, before... that incident.
“Hey guys. Having fun are you?” I said, making my presence noticed.

“Oh, hey Jasmine. How was the ride.” Luca asked, with a slight grin on his face. I had a feeling he knew something about what had happened.

“It was gay, the only reason I went on it was because my feet were hurting from Sami's little walking trip this morning.”

“We didn't walk around that much.” Sami said.

“We walked around the whole theme park. Don't worry. Are we leaving soon?”

“Yea, we were actually just going to find you and Derek. Well... after this game.” Luca said, and handed the teddy bear over to Sami, who seemed overwhelmed at first at how big the bear actually was.

“Oh, okay. Well I'll just wait in the car. Derek is... is over there somewhere.” I pointed over to the fares-wheel. Luca gave me this look, but I didn't take much notice of it. I wanted to get home.

“Wait,” Sami said. “I'll go with Jasmine back to the car, you go find Derek.

“What!, Why do I have to?” Luca whined, he was such a child sometimes. But that was amusing to watch. Somewhat adorable.

“Because your a good little boy who'll do what he is told.”

“Fine. Your mean.” He smiled and walked off to find Derek.

At that point I was really starting to question what Sami and Luca's relationship was, it was so confusing.

“Don't ask.” Sami said, she must have known what I was thinking about.

I wanted to go home, today was just too big of a day...

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 6:
Saturday Night: Jasmine

Sami and I walked over to the car and got into the back seats. Today was such a big day, such a wonderful day... till somebody ruined it. What was he thinking?, why was he thinking about it?, why there?, why now? I just couldn't add it up, I knew he always joked about that sort of thing, but to have him act out something like that... it was totally out of character. Maybe he did have feelings for me. If he did, I could never take him seriously by the words he says. I could never take him seriously.

“Hey, you okay. You've seemed to be out of it ever since the fares-wheel.” Sami asked, she sounded tired.

“Yea, I'm okay. I'm just tired.” I lied, in a sense. I was tired, but... that wasn't what was bothering me.

“Okay. Well, I forgot to tell you before, but I called your parents to tell them that you were at the amusement park with us, so you might come home late.”

“Thanks, I totally forgot about telling them. At least there won't be any drama when I come home.”

“Yea. It’s no problem.”

“Uh… Sami?”

“Yea.” She sounded really tired, I thought she might fall asleep right there and then.

“I know you told me not to ask… but.” I stopped; I didn't know if she felt comfortable to talk about Luca and her. Heck, I didn’t feel comfortable talking about it, but I was curious.

“Ahh, fine. Go on and ask.”

“Uh… How’s it going with Luca... and all?”

“It’s fine, we're friends. We talk and have fun together,”

“Yes, I noted that, but I mean... You know.”

“Well, you know we used to date, right?”

“Yea.”

“And we broke up... cause of, you know. Well, since then. I always thought that we could never pull off being comfortable around each other, or... be friends at all. I'm glad...,’ she stopped looking like she wanted to say what she was thinking carefully. ‘I'm glad that it’s working out. I never wanted to lose his friendship, no matter how crazy and hyped up he is.” Sami gave me a little smile, I understood her words completely. I wouldn't want to lose a friendship because of an incident. I'd want to work on it too.

“Yea, well. I'm glad you two are getting along fine. Even without me and Derek around.”

“Thanks, now. Talking about Luca, where is he with Derek already?”

Good question, I hope that Derek didn't say anything to Luca. Even though I already had a hunch that Luca knew exactly what happened. But knowing Derek he was probably boosting about it.

“Hey, sorry we took so long. This woman wanted us to watch her magic show. It took forever to ditch her.” Luca said as he sat down on the driver’s seat.

“Wow, you didn't say 'like' at all.” Derek joked, he's voice made me jump. I guess I wasn't over the little incident at the fares wheel just yet.

“You know, just for that remark, you’re at back. Sami, come sit here.”

“What, why. I’m comfortable here. Just get over it and let him sit there. I'm too tired.” Sami replied. She sounded like she had just woken up from sleep.

“I don't care about his remark; I just want you to sit here with me.” Sami looked shocked at the last sentence he said. Heck, we all did. But we didn't say anything.

“Fine, I'm too tired to argue.”

Sami got out of the car, and into the passenger seat. Luca seemed happy, but Sami, I think, was just to tired to react. Not to long after Sami got out, Derek came in. He looked at me then sat down next to me, accidentally kicking my leg on the way in.

“Sorry.” He said.

I waved my arm, indicating it was nothing. I wasn't going to talk to him, not just yet. I was still pissed, and wasn’t 100% sure if I could keep my voice even.

“I'm really sorry.” He said again, he sounded like he was in pain. But I didn't take notice of the apology, I knew what he was apologizing for, and I wasn't going to take it. Hell, he wasn’t going to get off the hook that easy.

“You accidentally kicked her on the leg, what’s with the painful sorry?” Luca implied.

I was woken by the sound of Sami's voice, was I home already. I looked around outside, but I was no-where near my house. We were still at Edmund St, at the park. Why were we here?

“Hey, Jasmine, you awake?” Sami asked, her voice sounded like she too, had just woke up.

“Yea, why are we at the park?”

“Luca's car broke down; we have to walk the rest of the way home.”

“Oh my god.”

“I know, well anyway. Luca insists on taking me home. So you’re going to go with Derek.”

“What!,” The second I heard Derek's name, I was fully awake. “Can't I go with you and Luca?”

“Can't, we live opposite of you remember?’ She looked like she wanted so say ‘Um No! What heck is up with you'.”You turn right at Edmund St, I turn left,” She smiled. I think she knew something, or guessed something was up. “Don't worry, you guys will be fine.”

“Hey, we have to go Sami. I already called your dad and told him about the situation. He said to just leave the car and get home immediately, “He sounded really mature about the current situation. Luca, mature, man I must still be asleep. “Oh, he told me to stay at your place tonight, he didn't want to risk me going home by myself.”

Sami smiled at me. Yeah just friends, aye Sami.

“He's been like that ever since the car broke down. Taking charge and everything, he even came up with the idea of one guy should stay with a girl,” She laughed, but quickly stopped herself. “I have to go now, okay. Don't worry, Derek's with you.”

Yeah Derek’s with me, everything will be peachy, knowing my luck he’d probably kiss me again. “Okay, bye.”

She and Luca left shortly after. I never knew Luca could be so mature and take charge like that. No wonder Sami seemed flustered. Derek came round soon, he offered to help me out of the car, but I rejected the offer, and just started walking home. About 10mins of walking Derek finally said something to me.

“Hey, are you going to talk to me at all?” Derek said, I could tell by the tone of his voice he was concerned about what my answer would be... if there was even an answer.

I said nothing of course, I was still upset about the whole fairs-wheel incident, and I can't believe he kissed me. Whatever he was thinking at the time, it was an extremely bad thought. I don't even know why I responded so quickly; it was like an automatic response... like I wanted it to happen. No way, I didn't feel about him in that way... I think.

“Come on, your almost home, at least say something before then. I can't stand the silence, it's killing me. You’re killing me.”

Those last 3 words made me stop walking. I was killing him. How was I the culprit here? He was the one that did the action. It’s not like I begged him to kiss me. I was killing him?!? I couldn't stand it; I had to say something to him.

“I'm killing you, how am I killing you! You’re the one who did the stupid act, it’s not like I asked you to do it. So you’re the one you should be blaming!” I screamed at him. I was sick and tired of his remarks and his games. I just wanted him to be serious for once, nothing he said I could ever take seriously.

“Hey, I made you talk to me. Besides, you did respond.” He laughed, this aggravated me more. Was everything that happened a joke to him? Just some stupid joke he did to annoy me? I was raging.

“Oh great, your usual witty remarks. Derek, get a life, and act serious for once in your life. Not everything is a joke, and so what if I responded, it certainly means nothing to you, just another joke you can go on about.” The last sentence I said out of term, I didn't want to say that, I didn't care if it meant nothing, it was nothing. But why... did I say it?

I didn't stay there, I couldn't stay there, and so I ran as fast as I could away from him, facing him was too much for me. Past my house, I ran, ran like there was no tomorrow. Adrenaline pumping through my veins, I felt as if I could run to the ends of the earth.

I figured I ran for at least a good 10-15 minutes before coming to a complete stop. It was dark, and when I looked at my watched it was already 10:00pm. At that moment all feeling of adrenaline was replaced by fear, I couldn't move... I was too scared to move. Suddenly I was grabbed by my arm and swung around fast. My heart was beating faster and faster, my stomach turning; I shouldn't have run away from Derek, how stupid of me. I tried to fight the stranger off, but it was useless.

“Hey, calm down.” At that moment I realized it was Derek.

“What the hell are you doing here? I'm still angry with you.” I said harshly, though in truth I was glad he was there.

“Uh, you didn't really think I'd let you run off like that alone at night did you? I'd kill myself if something happened to you,” He paused, like he shouldn't have said what he did. “Uh... Well, aren't you quiet the little troublemaker. Running off by yourself at night is dangerous you know.”

“I'm sure I'll survive. Well I'm clearly fine, so why don't you run off now?” I was being stubborn; there was no way he was getting off that easily.

“Firstly, no. Secondly, I can tell your shit scared because you’re trembling.” Trembling? Come to think of it, I was shaking a lot.

“Plea-.” Derek cut me off.

“Thirdly... I didn't get to reply to what you said back there.” He was smiling, like he was enjoying what was going on.

God, what did I say again? Oh god, this was bad. WHAT DID I SAY!?

“Uh... what about it?” It didn't sound, as I wanted it too. Instead, it sounded like a gesture for him to tell me in full detail what I had said.

“I do care.” With that, he kissed me. Yet again!, and yet again, I responded. But this time it ended differently, he stopped it.

“... Sorry, I shouldn't ha-.” I stopped him; there was no-way I was going to deny my feelings this time round.

I kissed him, interrupting what he was about to say to me. I think he got the message, cause he immediately responded to my offer. His kiss was the same as the first, soft, supple yet a sense of aggression. My stomach felt as if butterflies had inhabited it, I could feel the heat on my cheeks getting hotter and hotter, my heart, beating faster and faster. I felt as if I could fly with each touch he gave me.

I felt his hand run up my back, it wasn't till my concentration returned to me that I realized his hand was running up my back, under my shirt. I jolted when I realized this, and he must have felt that sudden pull, as he slide his hand out the second it happened. I don't know how long that piece of heaven lasted, but I pulled back the second I heard a 'crack' from behind me.

Derek was laughing. Laughing?

“Turn around.” He whispered in my ear.

As I slowly turned around, there, standing in front of me was, Luca and Sami. LUCA AND SAMI! Why were they here? I looked around me, searching for a clue to why they would be here. Then my eyes met that clue. I was in front of Sami's house.

I ran all the way towards Sami's house!

I could feel my cheeks heat up again. I felt stupid...

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm sorry to say that I have lost all my stories. My computer got corrupted and all the stories I did have, are now gone. So, I have to start all over again. T_T

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I know how that feels... Sad Are you sure there is no way your hard drive can be fixed?

You have five stories started here in Linear Lane, so that is something salvaged...

Although it's easy to say after the fact, make sure you back up your work on a CD should anything like that happen again.
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is on hold, as I have been working on a different story. I really should finish it, but I can't when my other story writes itself. I'll post the latest chapters that I have of this one soon.

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 7
Saturday Night: Derek

She kissed me. She’s kissing me. God, she is so confusing! First she was kissing me at the Ferris wheel, then got angry, then exploded, and then ran away, and now she’s kissing me. I'll never get women. Honestly, they need to be straight forward on what they want.

There was a sudden crack in front of me, Jasmine pulled away the second it happened. I looked forward and saw Sami and Luca there. I couldn't help myself, it was too funny, and I started laughing. I saw Jasmine's face staring at me in confusion. She was going to shit herself when she saw what I saw.

“Turn around.” I whispered in her ear. It was a bad idea for me to get that close to her face again, cause I wanted to start kissing her right there and then. Self-control was so hard to do, and the scent of her perfume was so inviting.

She turned around and faced Sami and Luca. Luca gave a smile, and I couldn't help but continue laughing.

“Well, th-” Luca said, but was cut off by Jasmine. Not that I would blame her at this point.

“Shut up. Don't say a word. Not... one... word.” Jasmine said, and started to turn around and walk away. I stopped her of course, there was no-way she was going to walk all the way back home at this time of night. Heck, it took all my energy just to chase after her.

“Derek's right. It’s too late Jasmine.” Sami said, reading my thoughts perfectly.

“But...”

“No buts, it looks like where are all staying at my place tonight. Don't worry about your parents, I'll call them.”

“But...” Jasmine continued.

“NO BUTS!. Now hurry up and get inside. It’s getting creepy out here.” Sami exclaimed, and started to walk towards her house. She stopped and whispered something to Luca then dragged him off with her.

Jasmine started to pout about the whole idea, but she knew she was powerless to object to Sami's decision. I tried to control myself from laughing, but my efforts were useless. I ended up bursting out in laughter... shortly after Jasmine's fist came out of no-where and punched me right in the gut. I was getting owned by her a lot today.

“Don't you even start,” She said to me in a harsh voice. I tried to control smiling, I knew how much she hated that grin, but it was so hard not to. Not with her staring at me. “Argh!, you and that stupid grin. I regret doing what I just did.” She shouldn't have said that, it just made it worst. She sets herself up for it.

She didn't say anything else to me and just walked off, heading towards the house. Argh, I wanted to go up to her and touch her so bad. Why did she have to be so frustratingly cute when she was angry! It took all my will power not to touch her once when walking beside her, and she actually asked me how she was killing me. I thought it was pretty obvious how. Women have way too much power over men.

Once inside, I saw Sami get off the phone, probably talking to Jasmines parents. Luca was talking to Sami's dad. Man, what were Sami's and Luca's current relationship, why was it so confusing? Jasmine went over to the stairs on the right-hand side to sit down. I could tell that she was exhausted, and I don't think just physically, but mentally too. I must have put her through a lot the past hour or so. I decided to sit next to her, cautious when putting my arm around her. I didn't know if she'd be comfortable with me doing so or not, but she didn't object in anyway, so it must have been fine.

“Okay dad, leave Luca alone. Luca come here,” Sami ordered, she was so tired in the car, I wonder where all that energy came from. “We are all not sleeping in my room. Derek and Luca, you two are sleeping in the guest room across the hall from my room. Jasmine, you’re sleeping in my room. There will be no pranks played on Jasmine or me. Right Luca?” She looked over at Luca with a stern, strict facial expression.

“Of course.” He said smiling.

“Yea-huh. I'm watching you. Derek, you’re responsible for anything he does in here.”

“What! Why do I have to be responsible for his actions? I'm not his babysitter.” I half-yelled, I didn't want to watch Luca that took lots of effort.

“Ahh, just shut up and do it. Don't argue with her, it’s useless.” Jasmine said to me, I guess all she really wanted to do now was sleep. So I brushed aside my argument.

“Good, now then, that’s sorted. Hurry up and get upstairs to your room.” Sami ordered.

Luca went upstairs first, dodging Jasmine and me. Then Sami went up too, but waited half way for Jasmine to get up and follow. I helped her up and followed behind them up the stairs.

Sami, why did you wait? WHY! I wanted to take her up the stairs. WHY! You’re both killing me here.

Sami took Jasmine to her room and I walked into the guest room. I did want to say goodnight to Jasmine, but it was impossible with Sami all around her.

When I entered the room, Luca was laying on the bed rolling around. What the heck was he doing? He stopped when he realized I entered the room. I completely ignored what I just saw and walked into the bathroom.

“Sami's dad already put tooth brushes for us to use, and he said we could take a shower... Oh, he also said there’s guest pj's in the draws.” Luca told me.

“Guest pj's? Uh... what the hell?” I said, slightly scared and curious at the same time.

“There just pj's for guests to use, they wash 'em, don't worry. Look, I got the cool pj pants on with the cool patterns.”

“Oookay. I think I'll just sleep in my jeans.” I said rolling my eyes at Luca.

“Your loss, they're super comfy.”

I closed the door, and decided to have a short shower just to cool down. It got so hot when I chased after Jasmine; I don't know how she managed to run for so long without stopping. God that girl has lungs. Once I finished my shower, I brushed my teeth then put my jeans back on. Stuff the shirt, it was too hot.

“Ooo, going all muscles on Jasmine eh Drek?” Luca teased.

“Shut up, fool. You’re the one with the guest pj's.” We both laughed.

“Hello?” There was a knock at the door.

“Come in! Were both waiting,” Luca replied. He was such an idiot.

“Very funny,’ she said popping her head in so she could see us. ‘Sami just wants to know if you guys want any-,” Jasmine paused when she saw me. “Thing.” She looked away blushing. I couldn't help but smile a bit.

“Yes, tell her, that I want her to come in here and keep me company.” Luca joked. I don't know what he'd been drinking, but he was cockier than usual. And as usual, confused me.

“Yea, whatever.” Jasmine replied, and then walked out, closing the door behind her.

“She so blushed at you.”

“Oh, shut up.”

“Aww, come on. Tell me what happened outside.”

“No.”

“Why not, come on.”

“'Cause I said no!”

“Please.”

“Tell me what the deal is with you and Sami?”

He rolled his eyes, stupid cocky pain in the ass “I promise I won't joke about it.”

“NO! Not a chance. Now shut up fool…”

“Fine, you're no fun. I'm going for a shower.”

Once he was in the bathroom, I put my shirt on and went to Sami's room. I was going to say goodnight to Jasmine no matter what! I opened the door, and found Sami's door open. I could hear Sami on the phone downstairs; she said something about Jasmine staying the night. So it mustn't have been Jasmines parents earlier on. I walked in Sami's room. Jasmine was in the bathroom.

No, I ain't touching that. I'd just wait for her to come out. Easy. I'm in total control, I'm not tempted in any way to go in there. Yeah, I’m in total control… stupid women. I’m in control. Yes.

It felt like hours before Jasmine finally came out in her pj's. She must have slept over here a lot, to have her own pj's here. Damn her pj's! WHY!

Of course she has to wear a singlet top to bed with a pair of short, short boxers. WHY! Damn. Why did the singlet have to sit so perfectly on her? Why did it have to sit just above he hipbone, was she trying to kill me? Why did she have to have a top that was so tight? I could see her shoulders and collarbone, not to mention the rest of her. And her skin looked so smooth, it was still damp from her shower. Her long hair was still damp; it sat over her shoulder, slowly dampening her shirt. I looked down, not the best move ever made. She had great legs. I hate her. WHY! Why did she have to be so beautiful? Self-control damn it. Oh great now my heart has accelerated… I will not kiss her. I will not touch her. I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL!

“Uh, Derek. You okay? You look faint.” She asked me, she sounded really tired, her voice was almost a mere whisper.

“I-I-I'm fine.’ I stuttered ‘I just wanted to say goodnight, that’s all.” I couldn't walk towards her; god knows what I'd do, god might not know, but I sure as hell did. Man why did she have to speak to me… her voice stabbed at my self-control.

“You sure? You look really pale.” She said walking towards me, and before I knew it she was kneeling in front of me. WHY! WHY! WHY! Why couldn't she just have stood over by the bathroom door? I hate her. Her being this close was not a good idea, especially not with her shirt getting wetter or the fact that I was sitting above her… say good night and run for it.

“No, I'm really fine.” My hand twitched. So much for goodnight and run.

“Okay then. I hope Sami isn't having trouble with my parents.” She said. Then she stood up and sat beside me. OH... MY... GOD. WHY! I started to rock my leg up and down as a distraction. And looking at them so her hair and her shirt didn’t distract me.

“I'm sure she’s fine. So how are you feeling?, tired I bet.”

“Yeah, extremely.” I thought she was going to lay down the second she said it, I was thankful when she didn't.

“Well, I'll let you get some sleep then. I only came in to say goodnight anyway.” I said, wanting to leave as quickly as possible.

“Okay, goodnight.”

“Night.” I got up and walked off as fast as I could towards the door, but was stopped.

“Wait, your watch came off.” OH, WHAT THE HELL? What perfect timing you stupid watch! I should just leave the watch and bolt. But I couldn’t move my legs… Oh for crying out loud!!
She walked towards me, stopping halfway to pick up the watch, why the hell was she doing this to me… why? Why? God she is so beautiful. WHY?! Then she continued her way towards me. Totally oblivious to the pain she was enforcing on me.

I was on the edge of breaking, my self-control was dying with each passing second. She grabbed my left hand, it was so warm... I wanted nothing more than to pull her closer to me and put her hands around my neck and wrap my arms around her waist… enough! She started to put my watch on, my other hand started to twitch again. I was losing control; my body was going to take control. RUN! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, but every cell in my body was frozen in place. WHY! You stupid watch! Why now!

“There, all done.” Jasmine said, she patted me on the cheek and continued her sentence, stay calm. Sami will be back at any second “Night” She finished and walked off slowly. I almost snapped from her touch. I quickly walked out and went back into the guest room. Thank god, Luca was still in the bathroom. Thank god.

Women have way too much power over men...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: