Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Mecha graveyard.

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Exmortis
Resident

Topics: 5
Location: Be always aware and keep one eye on the shadows... you may just find out...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: The Mecha graveyard. Reply with quote

The following story contain course language, strong violence, horror and gore. Viewer caution is recommended.

My name is Robert Fralister. If you are reading this [If there is anyone left to read this], then I am dead. I have locked myself inside a military bunker; couple miles ahead of the Legion. It won't be long before they find this place, so I had better hurry.

I was scientist for DeavonCorp, before this. I had a family, a beautiful wife and daughter and I was happy. I can faintly recall it, the world before, or the world outside this hell... provided the quantine held. Excuse me, sometimes I tend to trail off when I am scared shitless.

Now, my hypothetical readers, I give you the last progress report, a brief summary of my life's work; Perhaps you have already met them.

23:00 pm - 13\4\2099 - Sector 3

The results of the subject's CPU decoding, reveals an interesting collection of memory data. It would appear that the subject has the memories of one Jorden Cole, a soldier lost in combat during the battle of Zeragas plains. We have managed to triangulate the subject's origin to the information spike that occured in the northen region of the Zeragas wastelands at 16:26 pm, point of origin was an unregistered DRA orbiting somewhere above sector 3. It is plausable that this is the source of the hostile CS.

23:37 pm - 13\4\2099 - Sector 3

A series of data spikes have been detected near observation station five. Spartan scouts are investigating. Scans say there is a fifty-nine percent probability that the Omega model is active.

00:18 am - 14\4\2099 - Sector 3

Contact with observation station five has been lost. Attempting to connect through mainframe... Observation station five's mainframe has been accessed.
Scans detect no life forms; attempting to access security footage, please stand by... Link astablished...

(Static fades away into the image of a recreational area.)

Scanning location... eight confirmed casualties.

(Image flickers; An image of a hallway replaces the first)

Scanning location... fourteen confirmed casualties, signs of violent struggle are detected.
System is releasing a level one security alert to all bases within five miles of bservation station five..

00:21 am - 4\14\2099 - Sector 3

Retriving communication from scouting units...

[Spartan 381,452 reporting]

- Shurn Redcliff reporting. Touch down is complete. We 'ave found some queer things out 'ere. There are 'oles everywhere, kinda looks like something dug out. We're near the crisis zone; approuching with caution.

[Spartan 381,452 reporting]

- Shurn Redcliff reporting. We just reached the crisis zone there seems to be signs of forced entry... it almost looks like the door 'as been torn off. We're entering the crisis zone now... Okay, lets 'ave a look at wh...

System failure... communication with Spartan 381,452 lost.

Scanning vital systems... Diagnostic: Critical wounds located on torso...

Activating life support systems...
Initiating stablizers... No effect.
Preparing emergency VitaPack for revival... engaging secondary scan.
Scan complete... probability for survival... 32%

Aborting subject revival...

[Spartan 739,948 reporting]

-Communication, fucking hell come in! Sarge is cut up real bad... fuck! ... got attacked by some metal...thing. Shit, there's blood everywhere... fucki... what the hell was that...
...get us out of here!

Spartan 661,848 reporting

- ...Come in control, sargent Shurn Clancy has been critically wounded... requesting evac with medical team standing by. I have no identification on the threat...
...Continuing my sweep.

-Control... I'm patching you in, you need to take a look at this...

[ linking to POV cam... ]

( A number of large, gaping tears in the metal wall come into focus. Scraps of ruffled metals are scattered over a slightly scratched marble floor.)

- Proceeding with exteme caution... How far off is that evac?

( The POV turns away from the wall and slowly moves over to a glass doorway which is partially unhinged.)

- What happened here...

Warning: Visibility 0%

-This is just what i need...system uhh... start diagnostic find out what the problem is.

Automatic HUD update...
error detected...
adjusting light filter to nightvision interface...

( The metal debis glows under the unnatural light, as the POV moves down a hallway, damage typical of that seen previously. The POV is shaking slightly. )

Spartan 661,848's Physio scan show slightly heightened adrenerlan levels...
Heart rate 115...
Administering hypo injection...

Heart rate 84...

-Ok... according to the data files of observation station five the control station is on the second floor. The fastest way there is through the recreation room then up the eastern staircase.

(POV focuses on the last door on the left wall and after a moments hesitation begins to move towards it. On closer inspection the door has been forced open. The handle seems to have been ignored entirely, instead there is a dent in the centre of the door. The lock has been smashed and the door lay slightly ascew)

-Signs of forced entry... damn, the lock's been snaped right off... entering recreational area.

(The floor of the rec room was slick with gore and piles of decomposing corpses. Pieces of broken funishings lie scattered over the cracked stone flooring. And the walls are splattered with blood and pieces of flesh. This grotesque scene created a humid haze thick enough to be visible to the eye.)

-Fucking hell... what could have done this?!

(The HUD slowly edges across the horrific scene )

Scaning enviroment...

Rec room: 13 casualties...

(More later)

Last edited by Exmortis on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 9 times in total
DeadManWalking
Duke of the Mostly Dead

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks pretty interesting! Look forward to reading more. Although you may need to go over it a couple times; I saw a couple a's where an's should be. Also triangulate has a u.

But those are just minor clerical problems; the story itself looks very interesting.
DeadManWalking
Duke of the Mostly Dead

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks pretty interesting! Look forward to reading more. Although you may need to go over it a couple times; I saw a couple a's where an's should be. Also triangulate has a u.

But those are just minor clerical problems; the story itself looks very interesting.
Exmortis
Resident

Location: Be always aware and keep one eye on the shadows... you may just find out...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your praise is aknowledged and appreciated.

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I like reading reports or data entries. Just remember where "an" should be is before a,o,u,i,e. Smile I like the Doom effect the diary entries has.
Exmortis
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrades all around.
I'll do a spell check later.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: