Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Oral Story Telling Anyone?

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vgmaster
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Oral Story Telling Anyone? Reply with quote

The story is told-- though who can say if it be true-- of a masked man and his brother. They lie in the Idiirum Isles, changing the world to their whim. They grew tired of such activities though, and wished that they could share their realm with other thoughts and lies.

The story is told-- though who could say if it be true-- of the decision of the two thoughts. They resolved to summon the demigod of ten. JV set off to find the longing wish, and VG set off to find the muse of truth. Only together could the thoughts summon the demigod of ten and ask him to open their world to all creatures of imagination.

The story is told-- though who could say if it be true-- of the young JV going on a journey through the isles in order to find the Longing Wish. He searched the forests for hours, as well as the plains and mountains. The purple-masked boy sighed and pouted when he couldn't find her, "Hmph, stupid GK. I hate girls." Just then, he heard a voice, "...tell me that you love me
When I go to leave
You tell me I'm--" The voice stops. GK creeped behind JV and said, "Why are you listening in on my poetry, you creep." JV shook his head, almost disgusted, "Eeewww, I don't like emo poetry!"

The story is told-- though who could say if it be true-- of an ensuing battle between two thoughts. The orange-masked GK scoffed and then whispered, "Kill him, Jextaba." She pulled out a sword with three blades on it, and threw it at the supposedly younger thought. He jumped down into the nearby clearing, avoiding the blade as it returned to GK. He pulled out a scythe and excitedly babbled, "Let's go, Teresantha!" He ran toward GK, his smile beaming. She grinned, and the world melted around her. A soft orange sky took its place. JV hardly noticed as he swiped at GK, who easily jumped over him. As the young thought turned around, GK ran a finger up your mask. She whispered, "What is your heart's desire?"

The story is told-- though who could say if it be true-- of the errant thought being trapped in GK's pool of desires. She ran her finger up his mask, seductively cooing "Tell me your heart's desires." JV's smile beamed, and GK was confused. With all the stoicism in the world JV said, "Cheese, I want cheese." GK smiled, "I can see past your lies, i know you really want-- cheese?! No, that can't be your true desire." JV tapped his own mask, thinking, "No, you're right, I don't want cheese. I want a puppy." GK stepped back in horror, her world being flooded with purple.

I am aware that this isn't really oral story telling. This is the closest I can get to over the internet though. This is written once, not edited, to make it more realistic. Because of that... there are errors, forgive me.. Enjoy it, please.
-TheLifeofaBinder

Last edited by vgmaster on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... what're ya drivin' at here? Do we get to participate in some way?
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - are you trying to enter into a discussion on the decline of oral tradtion in modern culture, or starting a game on the forum (in which case not only are you mis-using the word 'oral' but are in the wrong forum).

Tea Cures All.
vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! I actually forgot about this. There is more. I have been making a new part every day. It is meant to be an actual oral story, told by mouth. However, my resources for doing that over the internet are slim. I'm new to this medium and trying to get it right. I'll post all the part tomorrow.

EDIT: That of course means that I am in the wrong forum and will delete this thread and move on.

EDIT 2: I don't know how to remove it though....
-TheLifeofaBinder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok Veggie - it's fine where it is for now.

Sounds unique whatever it is, so let's see what you've got first before you decide where its home will be. Smile
vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I fixed up the first post. I plan to continue the story tomorrow. Please enjoy what I have so far.
-TheLifeofaBinder
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is interesting. Are you saying this is a transcript of the spoken word? It certainly has that feel to it, it has that smoothness as if it is actually being spoken.

We've had audio files before, but as far as I know, the stories have been written and then read out loud and recorded. This looks to have been done the other way around - and brings out a completely different style.

Can you give us more information on how you did this? Did you record it? How you see the story developing? Will it be interactive?

I'm sort of wavering between either Gen. Fiction / Experimental or Linear as a home. Smile
vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no interaction. Linear is probably the best place for it. I have indeed been telling this story to my roommate, and then writing it like I said. I do think it turns out pretty interesting.

You can wait and see how the story turns out, I ain't given nothin' away! (That sentence made me cringe.)
-TheLifeofaBinder
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linear it is!

(and favorited btw!)

I'll be keeping an eye out for new instalments. Smile
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: