Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Life is Tough.

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Life is Tough. Reply with quote

--PROLOGUE--

Life is Tough. That's what Ive been thinking every morning when I wake up for the past 10 years. 10 years ago, I was one of the most successful businessmen in my country. Of course, my company's rise was not exactly "legal" but Hey.... Name any company and I'll tell you something illegal that they have done. It's not a huge crime. I just borrowed $2k and inflated my company's account sheets so that they tally. But I was found and the Police arrested me for embezzlement even though i begged them and told them I was planning to return the money anyway. The standard statement of "Its my company and its my Money" just infuriated them even more and I was arrested.

I was released later and I had come out a new man. But, again as I said.... Life is Tough. I had to face embarrassment wherever I went. People pointed at me and frowned whenever I walked by and that is why I kept thinking..... "Life is Tough".

2 months ago, all that changed. I got a call from a Ms.Olivia Sanders. In a cold, chilling voice she invited me to be her Partner in Crime for some company fraud she was about to pull off. I thought of reporting to the Police and getting back some of my dignity but I hesitated. I tried tracing the call on my own but I couldn't.

I just called her back and found out she was using a pseudonym although I couldn't get her real name. She told me that she would pay me $4 million if I helped without explaining what I was supposed to do. I just thought. This woman was definitely clever and if we pulled it off, she said she could make it look like legal money. Then I could start another company and become successful without doing anything illegal! That dream was all I could think of. I picked up the phone and spoke in my Indian accent. "Haan". I could hear a cackle as she shouted to someone else "He's in!"

As I said, that was two months ago... and now, I'm about to board a plane : New York to New Delhi. Straight back to India, my home, where I'll meet "Ms. Sanders" and get to know my job.....
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAPTER 1-- In India

I rested my back on my comfortable seat at the Airplane. I picked up the newspaper that was lying around and the first words caught my attention. Bill Gates had retired.

I let out a disgustingly loud snort and apologized to my fellow passengers. That's one less competitor for me. Since the scam, my ratings in the "Most successful Businessmen" have gone drastically low but as of now, I have only one goal and that is

To become number one

and Id do anything for that. Even if it means shoddy business again. And that's exactly why I'm going back home.

The plane arrived. I stepped out of it and a wave of nostalgia hit me.My home. Where I was born, where I grew up and where I learnt most of the things I know.

America had stolen one job from India but I wasn't concerned about that. I had business to take care of.

The Red van with "Ms. SANDERS!" and a Chapati painted on its side was there, waiting. Just like she told me it would.

A fraud in a food chain company?
I thought as I hobbled across the uneven road. I tapped on the side of the van 4 times.... just like she asked me too and waited for a few seconds.

The back door of the van flung open and I clambered in. I was greeted by a blow to the face by a tall muscular man. I stared at him.

I stuck out my hand to him and said "Um.... Ms. Sanders asked me to come? I'm Mr. Venkateshwara Sriramulu from Andhra Pradesh? More popular in America as Venky?"

An expression of recognition crept up on his face. "Oh! Sorry sir. I thought you'd be a bit more...um....white"

I was already tired of racism in my life. I wasn't expecting it in India. "Sorry to disappoint" I said and grinned at him.

He grinned back. "By the way, you might want to wipe off the blood on your face"

I did so with a really dirty napkin he gave me and just as I finished, The van screeched to a rough stop. I flew forwards and crashed onto the side of the van. My nose started bleeding again.

It took 5 more minutes to stop the bleeding. This dude wasn't so keen on Ms. Saunders seeing blood on my face.

"A bit rough on strangers aren't you dude?" I asked him

"No... I punched because I thought you were someone else and my rough driving is because I'm drunk"

That shut me up for the rest of my journey. All the windows were pulled down and there was no way for me to peep outside. Apparently, they didn't want me to know where we were headed too.

We finally arrived at our destination and I clambered out shielding my face fearing there might be another case of "mistaken identity" . But nothing happened

I went into a small house which miraculously expanded once you went in. There were lots of photographs on the wall and just like in old Bollywood films, Ms.Saunders spun around in her chair, looked at me and said "Ive been expecting you"

Before I could even open my mouth, she said "Here's the deal"

"You will do what I say without asking questions. Your 'contract' will be for 1 year and if you listen to us you will receive 4 million dollars in cash. I will make sure the money looks legal and that you won't get any problems. If you don't agree, then, look around you."

I looked around myself and there were 6 more large bulky men with really mean faces behind me. It was kind of obvious what to do. There was no turning back. I agreed.

"Good."

She placed a standard pistol on the table and said "Tomorrow, 9 AM, at least 10 people die, and Police gets a photo of you with the pistol"

My legs started shaking. A crazy idea occurred to me. I thought of taking the pistol, shooting Saunders, leaving the place after threatening her guards and forgetting about this incident. But then, Id be wanted for the murder of a very popular, smiling lady. I took the pistol in my hand and I still didn't know what to do with it.

Ok guys, I want YOU to tell me whether you want Venky to be running away from charges of murder or being protected by Saunders against charges of Mass murder.

I know its not such a great DP but I just want the basic storyline to be determined here.

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: