Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Letters

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Letters Reply with quote

For years I have been prescribing a particular type of writing therapy, and I thought it'd be fun to post it here. I myself have been doing it for years, even before I became a psychologist, and it has been of great help in my life.

The idea of Letters is that, you can say somthing to someone without having to look them in the eye. Many things we'd find hard to say to a person, is more easly comunicated to them through a letter. So here's the exersize.

Write a Letter, to anyone, for any reason. Someone you're angry at and just never seem to be able to find the right words to express yourself at the time. Someone you love, who just doesn't seem to understand what your trying to tell them because you become tongue tied in their presence.

The Letter doesn't need to be to someone you know either. Hate the political leader of your country? Write them a Letter! Love that hunky actor or lucious actress you see on your favotire show? Write them a Letter!

This exersize releases the emotions you feel, even if it's only a little bit for some, and allows you to get past it, and take a good long look at how you feel. Try to articulate. Don't just write 'I hate you!' and nothing else.

I'll be starting this off with a Letter that's been running around my head since last night.

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Letter to... Reply with quote

Dear Kate & Mark,

How much mor infantile can you be? Mom writes a note saying she'll need that bathroom at a cirtain time, and you go and pull the "You don't run this house" crap? I mean, c'mon. I don't run this house either, but if I need the shower at a cirtaion time for some work related reason, I'd put up a note asking no one use it at the time I'd need it too! The note she left was polite and not comanding as you seem to have taken it. You two seem to be having major "MINE!" issues, and you need to work them out. Insted of writing a note back with clear ovetures of puffy chested postureing, just deal! She's in the house for a DAY and already you feel threatend!? Give me a break. You keep telling me to "grow up", "drop this writing crap", and "stop watching cartoons(Anime)" and you go and pitch a fit over a polite note?

It's you two who need to grow up and realise that the whole world isn't going to bend to fit into your ideals of how it should be. Yes, Mom is an overbearing christian woman with a strong christian moral compass, but so what? She's my mother and I will NOT put up with you treating her like some dumb whore! Like you're one to talk Kate....

Mom's a pain, I understand that, I complain about her all the time, but I would never go so far as to scream in her face as I'vee seen you do on several occassions. You claim to love me, so why do you insist on hurting the ones I love? I love you Kate, you are my sister, even if there is no blood, and mark, Kate loves you. I want her to be happy, but if you can't grow up and figure out that being kind to a person and hurting the ones they love is cruel, you'll never be happy, and neither will the person you claim to love.

It's my house too, and I hold the bottom two floos. If I really wanted to, I could forbid you from even useing the 1st floor bathroom altogether, but I'm not that pety. So, grow up, get some manners, and for god sake, give-it-a-break!

Signed,

S

To Be A Knight

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that since I was a young kid. Haha! too bad that my letters is in Afrikaans. This is an english forum... So I'll start.

Dear old(well young) College Jerks

I mean, who calls people names? its like you guys grew up to be grade two kids. I like my original name, but calling people names? So after telling you off infront of your face, you had nothing to say back to me? why? because your too young to keep control of jerkish remarks. I already went through what you call a second teenager year, who adds my name to the one drug that people know I don't use, or ever have used. So I am quite feebly saying that I am not you guys. I am me, and sometimes. This me, is her own boss. I even didn't call the teacher a bitch, until I saw how she laughed with you guys about me... I kept one person's feelings into my own and you kept telling me it was me. So I am saying this, be yourself, be kind, be admired not the undesireable...So here is my motivation to those who want motivation in their life, "Don't lie to yourself, even if you want to believe yourself, sometimes you can only trust one person and that person can't always be your own. Number two be creative: Do something, say something, make something. That makes six words... right... So if you were me what six words would you use to discribe yourself...

From unknown
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for your controbutuion Bark-chan. I hope to see more people using this thread soon!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Letter to... Reply with quote

Dear screamo "Singers",

Did you simply fail to understand the definition of music? How did it come to be that you became popular to a sub set of humans? Was it like the ultimate rebellion. I can understand it....What part of having your ears bleeding is pleasant? Weird peoples. I'd even like to know where the iead came from. I can almost imagine it. Guy screaming at his parents, them saying "I hate it when you scream" or somthing like that, then *Poof* screamo was born! Give me a break. Not only are you making ears bleed, you're ruining your throat! It's SOOOOO counter productive! You make a living with your voice, and you're going to end up being unable to even SPEAK before you hit middle age.

I just don't get humans like you. Even songs that involve only grunts and hollars are preferable to your "I'ma rebel myself into silence" type of "singing" Man has come up with so many instraments and words to express yourself through lyrics, and I even respect some of the lyrics I've read, but can't you find a better way? How can you expect anyone to understand/agree with your rebellion if they can't even understand what you are saying? Again, no logic applied to your actions. What's perhaps worse, was the people who copied the first person just because he/she was becoming popular. You guys are the real morons... At least the original did it out of actual anguish, rather than to make money. Get a life, all you screamo peoples.

Signed,

Music Lover

To Be A Knight
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: