Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 4 Comments
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Pillbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaTerra

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:  

React like a soldier, continue the tour asking straight forward questions. This is basically his recon, the possibility he has by moving forward is greater to him and his fellow :biggrin: soldiers then anything else he can do at this point. He should stay with it.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, keep going. If he presses Sydney, then he might just clamp down altogether, and not tell him anything.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:  

F5 OT. Keep on with the tour, the questions, and an open mind.

Basic beliefs are difficult to shake and remold, but he's just had a life-shattering experience when he lost his legs, a nerve shaking experience being involved in all this secret activity, so he's going to be receptive to explanations regardless of how much they differ with long-standing beliefs.
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:  

Very nice chapter Ravay!

Well, as an athiest myself I can't really work this from our heroes point of view. Your explanation of the bible seems to make a lot more sense than the traditional interpretation.

If it were me, I wouldn't have a problem with carrying on. I guess it depends on how religious he is, but from the little we know about him I don't think this would really stop him. As above, he may be religious, but he is also a soldier.

Carry on!
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:  

Ace chapter Rav!

I'm wondering about those pills though. Leedle alarm bells were starting to ring when the explanation was put off. At the moment, he's all for dirnking in this new information - he might be distracted from that little snippet for a while. I think, though, that he's going to want to know about the pills before he settles for the op.

In the meantime, continue the tour. However shocking it is, he's going to have to know the truth eventually, so might as well start now.
Smee

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:  

Excellent Chapter Rav. :D

I'm with Chinaren, and am quite convinced by the New Bible interpretation. :) But then I believe in the Great Spaghetti Monster too :wink:

Continue on the tour and find out what the pills are.

Happy Writing. :)
CunningFox

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject:  

while i am logged on eher I just thought i would say that I am following this story. another triumph for scifi!

great going Revanegerrrrr. :D
Muaddib

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject:  

Excellent Rav!

I liked the alternative explanation of the Bible, made me think of scientology though.

Ask about the pills Sam mentioned. It could be some more bad stuff they've hidden from us. Then you might want to double back for Natalia.
OmegaTerra

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:  

Quote: "Pills?", Mack asked with a raised eybrow.

"Ahem, lets leave that till after he's healed Sam. He's taking a lot in already.", replied Sydney flatly.

He might ask again, but his background tells me that pushing this is not characteristic. IMO, I wouldn't say he won't question, but as a solider you question for loss of life, limb, or eyesight, other than that don't push me.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

"Now hang on just one darned minute! If I'm going to be signing myself over to some shadowy organisation, then I'm gonna want to know what they are going to be doing to me, or I'm out. Tell me whats in those pills or I'm walking."

I think that anyone would want to know what's going to be coursing through their veins, so he should demand to know. If he's going to be giving up his life for this 'job', then he's entitled to know everything.

About the religion thing, I think it all depends on how seriously he takes it. If he is open to other ideas, as long as they aren't really insulting or something, then I don't think he'd have a problem with it. It doesn't mean he'd have to accept it. If he does take it very seriously, then he just doesn't have to accept it. He could just think that they are making up where they got the tech from. I don't think it would interfere too much.

Good chapter Rav. Nice to see we have the customary Russian hottie in as well. ;)

*holds breath* :shock:
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

Just seems like if you ask too many questions and make too many demands...you'll turn out to be the guy they're NOT looking for and end up floating with the fishes.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

Nah, I think that they would expect him to be inquisitive. If they didn't, then I'd think they were stupid because who in their right minds wouldn't be inquisitive over something like this? If they kill him over asking questions, then what chance does anyone have?
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

F5 pretty much everybody. Continue the tour, inquire more into the pills.

As for the religious problem. It's really up to Mack to decide whether or not he wants to keep an open mind over the idea.
Ravagerrr

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

Good feedback everyone... thanks. Btw, Smee, you'll have to explain the Great Spaghetti Monster... um... ok. Thanks for joining us Cunningfox!

Seems we all have a concensus on what to DO... As for a decision point poll, I am wondering whether or not to poll on whether he believes what he's been told, or whether or not he should press the pill issue and/or other questionings... What do y'all think?
Smee

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:  

Despite a concensus seemingly decided, I usually encourage a poll anyway, just in case you have some shy players that might vote differently but don't like/have time to post.

Flying Spaghetti Monster :wink:

Happy Writing :D
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:  

Smee said it. Polls bring in new members on to what's happening in the story in the most recent chapter.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:  

Argh - there be piratey fish.
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

yes, add a poll. The number of times the comments go one way and the poll goes another is frightening. :?
Ravagerrr

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, right... after reading my previous post, I understand the confusion. Alright then, to clarify... I'm not debating whether or not to run a poll at all, but on whether to run the pole on:

1: How receptive he is to the information he's been given,

OR

2: Whether he should question further about the pills and/or other issues before preceding.

And... that flying spaghetti monster... um... well... what can I say... the proof is in the... um... sauce.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

I would say go with the second option in mind. How Mack reacts to stuff should be not chosen by the readers, otherwise he seems like a robot, something in which we control.

We don't how the characters act, but choose where they should head based on who they are.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I think the second option makes more sense.

Shoop shoop! :P
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:  

Shoop shoop?? :? Very confused. Makes me think of my friend who likes to say meep.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:  

I've got a friend who says nothing but meep as well. How strange.
thebean203

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

to echo the fox of cunning....another truiph for sci fi! :cheers:
and also, to enter the meep/shoopshoop train of thought....my friend says beep, instead of the more traditionally used meep
very strange and odd people we have today

happy writing/polling :biggrin:
Ravagerrr

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:  

Very well... the second option it will be...

Thanks for joining Beany! Love the avatar!

Happy polling!
Solomon Birch

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject:  

Voted for le pills. Oh god, don't let me relapse! Please!! :-o

;)

*holds breath* :shock:
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:  

Tossed a coin and voted to get on with it. He doesn't really have much choice as I sees it.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:  

He's a soldier, just get on with it already.

Storygames Home -> Pillbox
Page 1 of 1