Scrapyard Page 4-5: Enter the Moustache
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tramp in a storm

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:  

and rabit gets turned into pie.

You know... I feel sorry for Argonaut. He's gonna have to draw these things... lol.

seriously Arg, your drawings are brilliant! heheh, mine are all deformed in some way! lol
Masterweaver

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:  

I would like to volunteer the fact Rabit wasn't always a bunny... and then he met Pierre...
Key

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:  

You've got too many ideas here!

So I'll add another one :D

Pierre knows that he's not really much of an inventor, and Marty has all the talent. So he wants to kidnap Mel to force Marty to invent for him - presumably some dastardly invention.
Tiny E

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:  

Tiny E thinks that the idea of color and the need for an evil plan can be combined. Perhaps the evil plan is to colorize the world in a bad “Ted Turner-esque” style. He needs Marty and Mel simply to have some one to show off to.

Tine E also thinks that Marty is not as good of an inventor as Pierre, Marty will have to some how have to crank up his skill if he is going to take care of business.
Masterweaver

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:  

Tiny E is entertaining.

Pierre is an extraterrestrial attempting to abduct the humans, but his tractor-beam's out.
Argonaut

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:  

Well I finally got around to sifting through the bewildering mess of suggestions... So here's the deal.

I have realized that this is really 2 questions: What does Pierre want? -and- How is he going to get it?

So in part one of our poll we will decide what exactly Pierre is after. Once that's decided I will put up a second poll to fill in the details of his plan. Vote away:)
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

shadowofthetiger wrote: There's a twist in the story and PIERRE IS GAY!! He hits on Marty...

heheh! I think that is a good twist! And voted accordingly.
Oniko

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, going after Marty is a funny twist. But I will vote for possession of The Scrapyard, It seems like the story will have a longer life and be less “slap-sticky” if this is Pierre's goal.
Geek_girl72

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:  

Voted for the Scrapyard, despite our new villian's flamboyant manner, I think the above has the most potential hilarity :cool:
Masterweaver

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

Does new invention include phsycological manipulation? Becuase I voted for that.
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:  

Argo, it seems you're going to have to draw about a touchy subject, homosexuality. I guess it can be insulting to some people, but artistic freedom bypasses this. After all, authors poke fun at everything. But then again, are the City values in accord with this? What would Key say if someone began drawing caricatures of Muhammed?
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject:  

I don't see the problem in that. You are saying that we shouldn't talk/write/draw about people's different sexual preferences? That they are somehow offensive?
Pattern

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:  

Argonaut you have a lot of talent. :D

I enjoyed these comics very much and will keep reading. As for the decision...

I think that Pierre wants Mel away from Marty and the only way Marty can get Mel back is if he invents things for Pierre. I think Key said this earlier, or something along the lines of it. Maybe Pierre is using Mel to get Marty to invent something great for him so he can win something? Maybe some sort of prize that Marty does not know about, but finds out after Pierre wins.

Maybe Marty has to find a way to prove he invented the thing Pierre has, or a way to get the prize. Tough Decisions to make. Although Pierre wanting the Scrapyard also makes a good decision. Maybe nobody knows it, except Pierre, that there is a valuable thing hidden somewhere in the Scrapyard and he wants it.

Good luck with Scrapyard, Argo!
Key

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Argo, it seems you're going to have to draw about a touchy subject, homosexuality. I guess it can be insulting to some people, but artistic freedom bypasses this. After all, authors poke fun at everything. But then again, are the City values in accord with this? What would Key say if someone began drawing caricatures of Muhammed?

Offensive or mean-spirited stories or comments aren't appropriate in the City. But I don't see how making Pierre gay fits into that category (or I wouldn't have voted for it ;))

As far as cartoons of religious figures go, it would depend on the cartoon. I have great respect for religious belief. But I also believe that it's possible to be critical of religion without being offensive, and if someone wanted to do that in the context of a storygame, I would be fine with that.

:-)
DELETED

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:  

DELETED
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:  

Quote: Offensive or mean-spirited stories or comments aren't appropriate in the City. But I don't see how making Pierre gay fits into that category (or I wouldn't have voted for it )

As far as cartoons of religious figures go, it would depend on the cartoon. I have great respect for religious belief. But I also believe that it's possible to be critical of religion without being offensive, and if someone wanted to do that in the context of a storygame, I would be fine with that.

Ok, just making sure. I just wasn't sure what city policies were. :-)
Argonaut

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:  

Ok so Pierre wants the Scrapyard by popular demand. Now how is he going to get it?

Not many suggestions worked for this poll so I threw in one of my own, I hope it wins :)
Masterweaver

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

I went for the classic deathtrap (into which Pierre puts Rabit to eliminate the last resistance..)
Oniko

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:  

Ooh . . . . Betting the Scrapyard on the chance of winning some strange competition sounds very interesting! :D
Argonaut

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

Aright I'm sure we've all had enough of polls, time to get to work.
Masterweaver

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

Happy new year!

We're still waiting.
BStheGreat

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

Dang, I wish I could draw that good, I suck at drawing. I will be waiting for the new page.

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2