Free online storygaming

Revenge (UndeadCowboy & Midnight)
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

When I came to, the first thing I noticed was Midnight. To begin with, I was worried, but then I saw her breathing was even, and I relaxed a little. Trying to move was agony, and I wondered how long it had been since I collapsed. Looking at both myself and Midnight, I realised we were both changed, and had been seen to. I guess the doctor's come and gone, I thought.

I tried moving again, and found it was less painful now. I stood and walked over to the bedside, noticing a scrawled note on the bedside table.

The hand was messy and cramped but I managed to decipher the meaning of the note.

Undead,

We need to talk. Your friend is fine, I have seen to that. As soon as you are able, meet me in the common room and we will discuss my bill.

Crux

I crushed the note and threw it in the trash. It'd be better if Midnight didn't know about this. I walked down the stairs and into the common room, seeing the blonde-haired man sitting in the corner. A smile split my face as I sat down beside him.

"Crux! I haven't seen you since," I started. Remembering the last time we'd met, my smile soured, "It's been a long time, my friend."

"That's true," Crux said, smiling as he gestured to his table, "Have a seat."

As I sat down, we began to trade old stories, laughing at the good ones, commiserating about the bad. Finally, Crux got to his point.

"So," his smile left his face and I knew what was coming, "Have you found him yet?"

"Not yet," I admitted, "But we're close. In fact, I believe the old bastard's holed up somewhere here in Barnes."

He turned thoughtful for a moment, "Perhaps. Perhaps not."

"What do you know, Crux?" I asked. Crux was a great friend, but he was also wily.

"Oh, just that the girl won't find what she's looking for here," He leant back in his chair, a bland smile on his face, "And neither will you."

"Crux, I haven't got all day," I growled.

"I got news from Archon's slave traders a week ago that they had captured the CEO's daughter, planning to ship her out today actually. I knew you wouldn't be far behind, and lo and behold, here you are," Crux said as he twiddled his thumbs, "Archon's gone, Dead. They left last week, after that little stunt you pulled."

"Well where have they gone?" I gritted my teeth.

"Hey easy, I'm just the messenger," Crux said, raising his hands in mock surrender, "Last I heard, they were headed out to Port Rust, a little while east of here."

"By the way," he leaned forward, face softening, "I heard about Ilsa. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said, hiding my emotions. He couldn't know how I felt about that.
Midnight

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject:  

I woke up and slowly made my way off the bed. My back and legs ached and I could feel my head throbbing. I ignored the headache and got off the bed looking around. My bag was besides me so I grabbed it and checked inside. Everything was still inside, even that damned sultana packet I had taken.

Dead was clearly not in the room but I knew he would not be far as I saw his stuff on a nearby chair. I walked over to the window and observed the outside world. The markets were opening and people were bustling around trying to get the best deal they could find. I looked over to where I had been held captive and saw the hay stack that I had created outside the window.

I should have set it on fire. I thought. But then again I had nothing to set it on fire.

Closing the shutters I unbutton my shirt and laid it on the bed then walked over to the mirror. I looked at my arms and there were bandages from my shoulders down to my wrists. Lifting up my tank top my stomach was also covered in bandages.

"Funny, I don't recall being this badly injured." I said to myself in astonishment.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject:  

I stood up, tossing a bullet on the table, "For the drinks."

"Next time we meet, at least have some good news," I said, moving for the stairs.

Walking to the door of the room, I pulled it open. For a split second, I saw Midnight facing away from me, tank top raised. The next second I pulled the door shut.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry!" I shouted through the door, feeling the heat rising in my face, "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

I moved quickly downstairs to see that Crux was still sitting at the table, face unreadable.

"Midnight's up," I said, sitting down at the table, my face still flushed.

Crux only laughed as he stood up, "By the way, you can just call this a favour."

He smiled as he left the Inn, chuckling to himself.

I grumbled to myself as I ordered another drink.
Midnight

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject:  

Rolling my eyes I walked away from the mirror, grabbed my shirt and put it on without bothering to do the buttons.

Once I made my way downstairs I saw Dead over at the bar and sat down next to him.

"You are aware that I have bandages on, you goofball," I said matter-of-fact and ordered a drink from the barman, "So, am I going to get yelled at for rushing that big bulky man?" I asked neutrally.

My head was still killing me, but I was hoping that once I got a couple of drinks in me that would all go away. The barman placed a glass of vodka infront of me and I shot it down in one go then asked for another.

"Actually, keep em coming yeah." I told the barman and he simply nodded after placing another on the counter.

I looked over at Dead and he seemed to be thinkng about something. I knew better, so I didn't asked. I just scoffed down the drink and waited for a reply.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject:  

"Well how the hell was I supposed to know that?" I said, cheeks reddening all over again, "But you won't get yelled at. You picked up on my plan, eh?"

I knocked back another drink, not sure how many I'd had. all I knew was that I was comfortably numb at this point.

I wanted to tell her what Crux had told me, but I decided that was news for later. Right now, we could just relax for a little while.

After a couple of hours at the bar, I felt wonderful. Midnight and I were laughing and talking loudly, singing along to the Jukebox in the corner. It was the happiest night we'd had in a long time.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject:  

I tried to adjust my vision, everything was spinning, I squinted at dead and it helped a bit.

"HEY! DEAD! I HAVE A QUESTION! Opps, I'm yelling. No need for that," I said, stumbling over a chair. "Why have you not made a move on me, I mean. REALLY! We have been travelling over a year and... NOTHING!" I waved my arms in the air then took another drink.

I fell over but quickly got up then started to walk over to Dead at the bar.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen you hit on anyone. Not even that girl back at whats it called place and she was ALL over you," I leaned over to Dead and whispered into his ear, "Is it because you prefer other.... preferences?" I asked.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject:  

I stumbled a little as Midnight came over. I laughed for a little while when she asked me her question.

"Who says I haven't?" I laughed, spilling my drink a little, "But seriously, I honestly have no idea. After Ilsa..."

I sobered up a little bit, remembering Ilsa, "Let's just say I haven't really had a day like this is a very long time."

I didn't feel so happy now that I'd mentioned Ilsa. I'd avoided her name for a so long, I'd almost forgotten the incident. Now it was back worse than ever.

"Sorry I'm going upstairs," I said, not wanting to spoil Midnight's mood.

I stumbled up the stairs and collapsed into the chair, not bothering to change.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject:  

I watched as Dead went up the stairs and after a moment I downed the last of my drink and slowly went upstairs after Dead. It took awhile for me to make it up, with the stairs swaying but slowly I made it up.

"DAMNED SWAYING STAIRS! SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX THOSE!" I yelled to no one in particular.

I walked into the room and tripped over. Attempting to grip the floor, I crawled my way to Dead who was sitting on the bed, gazing at the window.

"Hello," I said, putting my elbows on the bed. "How are things?" I continued.

After a moment of just looking at him waiting for answer, I got impatient and decided to just ask him what I had wanted to ask him.

"Tell me about this Ilsa." Squinting to settle the blurriness, I awaited his response
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject:  

"Ilsa was..." I began, trying to sort myself out, "I guess you could say she was my girlfriend. But it was more than that. After my parents died, she was the only person who actually cared about me, I mean, really cared. We lived together, we ate together, we hunted together."

I sighed, remembering her, "But it couldn't last. Not here, not in this country. She told me about a job we could take. Archon Industries, she said, we could afford to have a real life, not just the bottomfeeder one we'd been living. I remembered what I'd heard about the company, however and said no. They were arguably more dangerous than living in a volcano. She wouldn't listen though, and she went off to join them. At first, she wrote to me every week, but then all of a sudden, the letters stopped coming."

I looked at Midnight, directly in the eyes, "I mean to find out what happened. That's why I came along with you."
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject:  

I returned Dead's gaze and I could see the pain and sorrow behind them. I had been a child and he did not deserve my treatment of him, I had taken him for granted and I understood that now.

Silently I sat beside him and hugged him. I didn't know if he hugged back and I didn't care, there were no words I could say that would ease his pain and this was the only way I knew to comfort people. He was warm and I could feel his stubble tickling my forehead. After a long while of hugging him, I felt myself drift off to sleep.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject:  

I carefully disengaged myself from the embrace once Midnight had fallen asleep. I laid her down and whispered a thank you. I took a moment to see that I hadn't disturbed her. Sleeping soundly, as usual, I thought.

I moved across the room, removed my shoes and fell asleep in the armchair.

The next morning, I woke to the sun streaming through the window. It was a wonder that Midnight wasn't awake yet, as a shaft of sunlight was streaming directly across her face. She seemed uncomfortable, but otherwise unaware. I pulled the curtain to shade her and she relaxed further into sleep.

I pulled back on my boots and headed downstairs. I was lucky I didn't get hangovers, so I asked for some breakfast. Fresh bacon, some eggs and a glass of orange juice.

"So. What did you get up to last night?" The Innkeep said, winking.

"Don't be ridiculous," I scoffed, chewing the bacon, "Midnight's just a friend."

I continued to eat my breakfast, ignoring the Innkeep.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject:  

I awoke to the sound of the markets just outside the window. My head was throbbing and I let out a small groan as I curled into a ball. I don't want to get up. I thought, pulling the pillow over my head.

"Dead, are you awake?" I asked wearily.

When I got no answer I pulled the pillow off my head and looked at the armchair across the room. Dead wasn't in the room. Probably down stairs. God! I don't want to get up. I thought, slowing lifting myself off the bed, ignoring my headache.

Once downstairs I found Dead over at one of the tables eating breakfast. I walked over and sat on the chair opposite him and rested my head on my hand.

"Deeeeaaaad. I think I have a hangover," I moaned, rubbing my temple with my fingers, "Do something pleeeeaaase." I continued.

I noticed the Innkeeper smiling over at us and Dead scowled at him. I didn't bother asking about it, my head hurt too much for me to bother.

Placing my head on the table, I let out a silent whine.

I'm never drinking again. I told myself, though I knew that I would not stick to it. If I did, I wouldn't have had this hangover now.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject:  

"Oh did you drink a little too much last night?" I smirked at Midnight, "Oh look at you. Come on, I've got something for that."

I led her slowly back upstairs, ignoring the Innkeep's laughter. I sat her down on the bed and pulled my pack from its place.

"Here, I have some painkillers and some water," I said, gently handing her the items, "Also, you might want these, for later."

I pulled the packet of sultanas out of the bag and put them beside the water.

"Unfortunately, there's not much else I can do for you except keep you hydrated, really."
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject:  

"I knew it! I knew it! You were not over those damned sultana's!" I yelled as I push him slightly. I winced from the pain, I had forgotten about my injuries, mainly because of my head.

I grabbed my side and curled into a ball on the bed. Not only did my chest ache now, I could feel my skull eating itself.

"Argh. Why, god why?" I complained, whimpering slightly from the pain. "Don't answer that question Dead. Its rhetorical." I continued, curling up even further.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject:  

"Poor Midnight," I said, half mocking, half consoling, "It's okay."

I sat on the bed and rubbed her back for a little bit, hoping it would alleiviate some of the pain, before remembering what Crux had told me.

"Hey, I found something out about Archon," I said gently, "They've set up at Port Rust. You know what that means?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject:  

"Let's go!" I yelled and jumped off the bed shrugging off the pain.

I grabbed my backpack and ran over to the door only to trip over.

If I thought I was in pain before, then I was in agony now. I felt something open across my ribs and I grabbed at my side. While wincing on the floor, I saw that there was a tiny lift on the floor boards. I tried to ignore the pain and made my way over to it but stopped when I felt something wet on my shirt. I was bleeding. Bad.

"Umm, Dead. Problem." I said, shifting uncomfortably.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject:  

I stared in horror. I wasn't sure how long she'd been bleeding, but looking at the bed he realised the sheets were stained red. I moved quickly, and gently lifted her onto the bed.

"Let's see what we have here," I said as i lifted the back of her shirt.

It wasn't pretty, that was for sure. Previously, Midnight had only been bruised, but she must have cut herself at some point last night, because an angry red wound opened her back from shoulderblade to ribs on the left side.

"Sweet," I stopped my curse before Midnight could hear it, "Listen, you've been cut, badly. I'm going to have to stitch this up, but I don't have anything for the pain, so you're going to have to bear with me, okay?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject:  

I shut my eyes tight and gripped the covers of the bed, gripping a good chuck of it with both my hands.

"Just get it over and done with." I replied to Dead, my voice muffled from the pillow.

After a few minutes I felt a cold sharp object prick my skin. I tensed and I heard Dead inhale. I gripped the sheets tighter and tighter and I could feel tears starting to well up in my eyes. Turning my head to the side I could see a bit of blood on my hands from where my fingers where digging into my skin.

My back felt like it was on fire and all my efforts on holding back my tears and screams were no more.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject:  

I cringed every time the needle went in, because every time, she would yelp in pain. I had to hold her down at many points because she would try to escape. After a time, I was finished, and I was certain the stitches would hold.

"Make sure you don't tear those stitches," I said, carefully lifting her up into a sitting position so i could dress the wound, "The wire isn't cheap, remember."

Midnight was still shaky from the procedure, so I moved her to the armchair. I pulled the sheets from the bed and got some new ones from a laundry maid, who gave me a frightened look when I assured her it was nothing. When I came back to the room, I made the bed again and moved Midnight back on to it.

"You've really gotta be more careful," I said gently, handing her a bottle of water, "You'll end up killing yourself one of these days. How do you feel?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject:  

"I won't die," I said bluntly, trying to bring a smile on my face. "I won't die until I kill my father so it doesn't matter what happens to me know. There is no way I'll die, I won't let myself." I continued grimly and took a sip of water.

I looked over at the floor board and eyed it. From here I could see that one floor board lifted slightly. Ignoring it I stood up fighting back the pain and put my shirt back on. It was covered in blood, but there was nothing else I could wear.

"Lets go, I'll be fine." I told Dead wearily.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject:  

"Alright then," I said, apprehensive at her serious mood, "We'll keep the pace slow then. I don't want to keep closing those stitches, and I'm sure you don't want me to either."

We gathered our things, making sure everything was packed. Once ready to go, we went down the stairs together. At the sight of us, Midnight limping and both of us soaked in blood, the Innkeep went pale, but allowed us to leave unhindered.

"So," I said, keeping my tone conversational, "Port Rust is a ways east of here, and I don't think there are any trading posts between here and there. Do you want to stock up on supplies before we leave?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject:  

"Supplies and clothes," I said, looking over at Dead who managed to be covered in more blood than myself. "I'll go get the clothes, you can get the supplies. Mainly because last time you sent me out to get supplies you weren't all that happy."

I ignored the strange looks we were recieving from the town folk and looked around at the stalls, there was a clothing stall nearby so I wouldn't have to walk too far, which was just peachy considering my condition.

"Oh and we should try to find someplace to bathe once we leave this town before putting on the new clothes. Kind of pointless if we just changed now." I laughed. It stung my back slightly but it was nothing I couldn't live through.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject:  

I left Midnight to clothing while I looked for some supplies. I stocked up on the same things we'd had last time, but with the addition of some dried fruit. I grabbed some wire, a new needle, and a few other things we'd used over the last few weeks we'd been out.

Finishing my shopping earlier than expected, I decided to look around Barnes for a bathhouse or anywhere I could wash. I found only a public bath house, and a nearby lake, I decided to head back to the inn to see if Midnight had found anything of interest.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject:  

I looked around the stalls and bought some simple gear, we didn't need anything absurdly fashionable so it wasn't hard to find the things we needed.

I bought a red flannel shirt, brown cargo pants and some knife belts for myself. For Dead I bought a black T-shirt, Jacket and jeans. After spending so much time with him I knew what style of clothing he liked along with his size.

About to leave the stalls content will what I had bought, I saw a rifle case and smiled.

This will be perfect. I thought, giving the lady 3 bullets for it. It was the cheapest way to pay for things if you didn't have any cash and I knew Dead had plenty more ammo with him.

Content, I made my way back to the inn where I saw Dead waiting for me. Walking towards him I grabbed the rifle case and his clothes and handed it to him.

"Here are your new clothes, and the rifle case is just a little something I found and knew you would love." I said, smiling happily.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject:  

"Thanks," I said cheerfully, taking the clothes and case, "I'm glad you made it back in one piece."

Seeing that Midnight was about to argue, I laughed and said, "I'm kidding, I found a place for us to get clean. Let's go."

We walked up to the bath house, entering the foyer.

"Okay, women are on that side, men on this side," I said, indicating the signs, "I'll see you in about half an hour."

I whistled cheerily walking into the main bath area. There were a few men and boys sitting in and around the water, talking or thinking. I think I'll go over here.

I stripped off my clothes and slid into the bath, instantly relaxing at the warmth of the water. After washing myself clean, I toweled off and slipped into the new clothes. I noticed that they fit very well. I'll have to thank Midnight for these, I thought. I left the bath, my hair a little damp, cooling me off a little from the warm room, I collected my possessions and waited for Midnight in the foyer.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject:  

I walked into the ladies bath and found only a few women around. I took my clothes off, taking special care when it came to my top and wrapped a towel around myself. I didn't want to catch anyones attention from the massive wound on my back, so I walked over to the far edge of the bath, away from the other women. They didn't take much noticed of me, too concentrated on there conversation.

I let the towel drop and I sank into the water, taking in the warmth. The water felt particulary good on my back, the warm water soothing my aching wound. I hadn't realised it till then, but my hangover had also left so I was feeling a lot better. After stirring in the water I washed my hair, something that I had been itching to do for weeks.

I took simple pleasures from a simple task as a bath, it was only once and awhile that Dead and I ever found baths such as these and I was glad that I didn't have to splash around in a lake or creek worried someone may catch me naked.

After soaking in the water for a while longer I decided to get out and get dressed, I didn't want to make Dead wait too long.

I took out my new clothes from my bag and put them on, strapping a knife belt on both my thighs. Lastly I took my bloodied clothes and placed them inside my bag, then took my knives out and placed them in thier new home.

Now I won't have to rely on my bag being with me to get these. I thought to myself as I met up with Dead in the main area.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject:  

"Ready?" I asked as Midnight arrived, just finishing zipping up the rifle case, "Good, let's head out then. I was thinking we should go through the ruins to the north east, then turn south when we get in line with the Port. It's not the most direct route, but it's the safest. I picked up a note back in the city ruins and have a feeling we're being watched, so it's probably our best bet."

I walked out of the bath, Midnight following behind me. We walked through the town, exiting through the far side. After waiting for a short time, we continued along the road, eventually reaching the ruins.

I glanced up at the sun, it was getting close to sunset. I turned to Midnight, "It looks like we'll be sleeping under the stars tonight. I trust you remembered your sleeping bag?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject:  

I checked my bag for the sleeping bag and found it.

"Check, its right here," I replied, holding the sleeping bag with my right hand, "I was worried there for a second you know, me being abducted and all. Thought I might not have had my sleeping bag." I laughed softly, but stopped after it started to cause my back to ache again.

I threw the sleeping bag on the ground and laid on it, testing my back out. As I had guessed I couldn't lay on my back, which ment that I was going to have to sleep on my stomach.

"Great," I mumbled to myself as I shifted to my stomach,"Hey Dead, do you want me to do anything?" I asked staring up at him.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject:  

"Just relax, I've got this," I said, standing up, "I'm going to get some firewood. Maybe while I'm gone you should redress your wound."

I walked off into the woods at the edge of the ruins. These trees looked dead, but they were merely hibernating. The calamity, whatever it was, had slowed down the cycle of most natural beings. Trees tended to go through their entire cycle in three years as opposed to one, for example.

I wondered about Midnight, about her quest. She said she was going to kill her father, but whenever I tried to ask her about it, she would change the subject. The only thing I could figure out was that she referred to this as "Her revenge." Her father was obviously aware of it, or she wouldn't have been sought after. I guess I'll ask her about it when I get back, I thought, completing my armfuls of firewood.

I returned to the campsite, dumping the wood on the ground. As I saw to making a fire, I began a conversation.

"So Midnight, you never really told me why you want to kill your old man," I said as nonchalantly as I could, "Or at least I can't remember if you have."
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject:  

My mood went sour from the topic. I didn't even like to mention my father, talking about him was just a dead zone, I never went into it.

"You wouldn't remember me mentioning it because I didn't mention it," I replied coldly. "Why are you getting into this now? You never found the need to talk about it before." I continued, my tone still cold as ice.

I looked away from him and stared off into the distance. I thought of my father, that pig of a man. He had always kept his jet black hair slicked back and he always made sure to look presentable. "Suit and tie is all I need my darling, that and my winning smile" He used to say to me. He was always clean shaven, making sure to shave every three days. Some would have called him obsessed about keeping a smooth face, but I always knew it was apart of his persona.

I had his deep green eyes, and it pained me to admit it, but I looked like him. The resemblance could never be mistaken. People had always pointed me out from the crowd and knew that I was his.

I snapped out of my reverie and rubbed my eyes when I felt tears welling up. I took a deep breath and forgot all memories of him. That was no longer important.

"Are you going to light that damned fire? Or are we going to freeze tonight?" I asked Dead, my tone playful. "Also, could you pass me the badages, best see how these wounds are doing." I smiled.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject:  

Okay, still bad territory, I thought backing off. When Midnight addressed me, I realised I'd been watching her instead of working on the fire. I thought I'd seen tears for a fraction of a moment, but then it was gone and Midnight was back to her cheerful self. I scooped up my tinderbox and started to work on the fire. After a moment, the fire was burning, and I tossed the bandages to Midnight.

"You can manage it, right?" I asked, a little hesitant, "All you have to do is change bandages."

I layed out my sleeping back and sat down facing away from Midnight, so she could have some privacy.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject:  

I grabbed the bandages and unbuttoned my flannel shirt, it was only then I realised that getting a buttoned shirt was a lot easier on my back than one that reqiured me to pull over my head.

I slowly began to unwrap the bandages and I set them aside once I had unwrapped the whole thing. The bruising on my arms were slowly starting to dissapear and so were the ones on my torso.

I left my arms be, they didn't need any bandages and I was wondering why they were wrapped in the first place. My arms only had little grazes, but nothing too serious.

"Umm, Dead. Do me a favour. How's the back wound going? Not infected or anything?" I asked, turning away from him so my back was visable. "Its going to scar isn't it? Something that large would."
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject:  

She was right of course. I'd have to make sure it wasn't infected.

"Okay I'm turning around," I said, carefully turning.

It was much less awkward for me once I was certain she was face away. I focused on nothing but the wound, focusing on it intently.

"It doesn't seem infected," I stammered, trying not to look anywhere but the wound, "It's gonna be a pretty scar though. You're fine to clean it, and bandage it, right?"

I returned to my sleeping bag, hoping she wouldn't call me back. I was feeling awkward enough already.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject:  

I had asked Dead to look over the wound as a precaution, but after hearing him stammer and him returning to his sleeping bag quickly, I couldn't help myself.

"Umm... Dead," I continued as innocently as possible, "I can bandage it, but I can't reach it to put the dressing on... could you.... could you do it for me please?" I asked, laughing hysterically in my mind.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject:  

Curse you and your logic, Midnight, I thought as I turned back around, I'm gonna get you for this.

I hesitated for a minute, until Midnight shot me a look over her shoulder, which started me off on my work. I taped the cotton wool over the wound, ensuring it would not come off easily. I lingered for a moment, dreading the answer to my next question.

"Please don't tell me you want to bandage it too?"
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject:  

I almost let out my laughter but manged to pass it off as a hiccup when Dead asked me the question.

I turned my head away from Dead so that my huge smile could be hidden. Don't give youself away Midnight, you must act innocent. I thought to myself.

"Sure, since you offered." I replied, closing my eyes as an attempt to stop myself from laughing.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject:  

I groaned as I realised I'd walked right into this situation. Okay if I do this fast, it should be less awkward, I thought as I picked up the bandages. I placed the bandage under Midnight's left armpit, so she could hold it taut. I wrapped as quickly as I could while still wrapping properly, After a short time, I had fashioned a sort of tank top from the bandages.

"Okay all done," I said, retreating to my sleeping bag once more, "Umm I think I might sleep now."

It was stupid, I knew it was. I dealt with worse situations all the time, and this was a relatively mundane task by comparison. It was also only just getting to sunset, but I couldn't turn back now. I closed my eyes and lied down in my sleeping bag facing away from the fire.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject:  

Fun over I put my flannel shirt back on and laid on my stomach. The sun was just setting so I would not be able to sleep anytime soon. Didn't help that I was really uncomfortable.

I looked at the fire and looked over at Dead.

"Maybe I shouldn't play with him so much." I muttered to myself.

I played around with the sand infront me, swirling my fingers around. I was bored out of my mind and my position was starting to get really annoying. I sighed and waited till I was tired enough to sleep.
UndeadCowboy

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject:  

After a few hours, I realised I wasn't going to be sleeping that night. I climbed out of my sleeping bag and walked to the fire, now a pile of smoking embers. Sitting down, I glanced over at Midnight, she looked like she was asleep, but I couldn't be sure. I don't know what's going on, I thought. I thought I was in this for Ilsa, but I'm not so sure any more. Maybe I'm not really looking for her, but just a memory of her.

Closure, I decided, That's what I'm in this for. I can't falter now, not when my goal is so close.

"Closure," I mumbled, "Sounds good."

I walked back to my sleeping bag, taking my rifle case from it. The rifle was still broken, but I was sure to get some new parts in Port Rust. I pulled out my hunting knife as well, and returned to my spot by the fire. With the point of the blade, I carved out the word into the receiver of the rifle. A little crude, but it serves the purpose, I thought, appraising my work.

I continued to hold the rifle, waiting for the dawn.
Midnight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject:  

Dead didn't seem to notice that I was watching him. He must have thought that I was asleep, but I was actually far from it. Tried as hard as a I could, I could not go to sleep.

Probaby because I slept half the day away. Thank you alcohol. I thought to myself. But closure? What on earth is Dead on about.

I had thought with all the time Dead and I had spent together he would feel that I was someone he could talk to, but it seemed that I was still not in that area with him. It was, of course, understandable. I had not been all that forth coming with my past problems, blocking him out whenever he tried to get to know me.

Occupational hazard from being alone for so long. I thought. Spend so long being alone, start to block anyone who might come near.

I inhaled deeply, then sighed. Tonight was going to be a long one.

Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8