Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Life Everlasting RP ~ Discussion/Info Thread
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Storygames Home -> Out of Character Discussion Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: A Life Everlasting RP ~ Discussion/Info Thread  

Hey all!

As I'm sure you've noticed, I've been busy making banners/headings and getting creative ready for the beginning of gameplay which, though more delayed than I planned, I want to get started over the next week...if I can get my arse into gear and get all the Clan Info/Opening Post/NPCs all finished. I've started all, but not finished any as of yet... But I'm determined that I will do so! *nods in a highly determined manner*

Okay, as you can probably guess from the title, this thread is for any questions that you might have, and for any extra information that I might have for you about gameplay, or about the world itself etc. This thread is open for comments now, though the others are restricted atm until the start of play, so I ask again, please do NOT post in them. But here - perfectly fine. :)

More to follow soon - until then, I'm looking forward to beginning play!

Best Wishes! :)
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm  

This sounds fun! I like the fullness and forthought so far. I will definately wish t play when time comes!
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

Only too happy to have you on board, Pope! The more the merrier! :) Just fill out a Character sheet using the template in the original idea thread, and then I'll send you a Clan info sheet with some extra bits'n'bobs that'll need integrating into your character profile.

Thanks for the interest!
sagittaeri

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject:  

Can't wait till it starts! I'll probably do the intro as soon as I return to Melbourne. :D

By the way, noob RP player time: is there a requirement to write in the first person?
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject:  

Not in this RP, no. ;) It'll very likely be third-person, as it's generally the easiest and it makes things slightly simpler, and in either past or present tense. An examples being:

Li dismounted and looped Shasta's reins around a nearby branch. The horse pawed nervously at the ground, and Li patted him lightly on the neck in an effort to calm him, before wandering into the clearing and looking around.

~~~

Li dismounts her horse and reaches over to a nearby branch. After looping Shasta's reins firmly around it, she pats the horse in a soothing manner as he paws nervously at the ground, then steps into the clearing. She looks around, studying the area.

I think past tense allows for more ease of writing in general and of description, which is fairly important when RPing, as one is setting the scene in a way, for the other player, so we'll very likely be going with that. But I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. I'm not going to be an ogre of a GM, though last word will be mine, of course. But I'm completely open to discussion on any subject/s that any of you may have on your mind.

Your intro, on the other hand, as it's not actually going to be posted in the game thread, can be in whatever tense you wish. So please don't feel that you have to be restricted. All that matters is that you need to showcase your character as well as you can. Letting the other players know how you're going to play it, and also what your character looks like. When you all meet in game, it's kind of a good thing to at least know how a character is going to look upon first setting eyes on them. Of course, your characters won't know each others names at that point, but you can still describe any first impressions of each other via appearance alone.

Okay, I hope that's all clear. I do have a tendency to babble rather a lot, so if anything is unclear, just say. :)

And I'm looking forward to playing too, Sagi! Kinda slightly nervous, as I'm a noob when it comes to solo GMing, but I think I can handle it without screwing up (too much). :P
Seraphi

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject:  

You cannot imagine how thrilled I was to see not one, but three topics on A Life Everlasting! (I will admit that I squealed like a little girl who just got a pony, haha.)

I'm super excited to start this RP! I think I will write my introduction in 1st person (if that's alright), so I can get into the mindset of the character before we begin. I only have one question: can this introduction be about anything or is there a set theme/topic - aside from introducing the appearance/personality of the character - that I should go by?
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject:  

I can't think of any specific requirements, no. Other than to make sure that it's set in the present time, rather than in any kind of past situation, such as during childhood. Looking back on certain memories is absolutely fine if you feel that they have significance to your character, but the introduction itself is to be about your character as they will be during play. All you really need to think about is how best to introduce your character to everyone else, making their appearance known, and also their personality as well to a degree, though the latter will be built upon more as we play, of course.

If I'm able to over the course of today and tomorrow, I'll create an introduction for a main NPC, just to show anyone who might be unsure of what should be written in the intro. Hopefully it will prove helpful, and if not then hopefully it'll give another little insight into the RP itself. ;)

As I said in the previous post, you can use any tense you wish for your introduction, so feel free to use first person. I have no doubt it'll be awesome however each of you chooses to introduce yourself. :)

I'd also just like to add that I'm thrilled that you all seem so hyped over this. It was originally started as an idea to influence a little more activity, but your enthusiasm is proving infectious. Thank you all for being so encouraging and enthusiastic! :D
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, I've posted up the introduction example in the Introductions Thread. I will not be doing so with all NPCs though. This one is merely there to help out if required. The other NPCs will be summerised for your reference, but not in the same way.

Until I give the go-ahead, please refrain from posting up your Intros in the thread just yet. I just want to wait until we're closer to starting the actual game. :)

Any questions, as always, feel free to ask!
Seraphi

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

Did you want us to submit our Intros to you through PM like we did with our character bios?
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject:  

Not unless you want me to check over them first for your own piece of mind. Once I give the go ahead to post up your intros, you can just go right ahead and do so if you're happy with them. :) As long as you stick to the genre, don't go too outrageous, and keep to the rules (which I will post up at some point, but they'll be more to do with the game itself), I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. I have faith in all of you. XD

One thing I should just add. If you can try to keep the Intros to under 2000 words, that would be great, thanks! ;)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, peoples, I'm intent upon getting this RP started up by mid-way through next week at the latest. I have sent out the Clan summeries to all IFians who've PMed me a basic character sheet. Once these character sheets have been remastered to include any important info given in the summery, please send the charries right back to me, I'll give them a quick check over, and you'll be good to go.

And - for those of you who have already been given the A-OK on your remastered character sheet...

I declare the Introductions Thread open!

Please remember, do not post in the thread until you've been told your character is good to go. It's unlikely that I'll have any complaints regarding any of the characters, but just in case, please wait for my personal go ahead.

Though joining after the game has started can be arranged, if anyone else wishes to play right from the start, I advise you to hand your character sheet in to me over the weekend, so that you have time to integrate the extra info about your chosen Clan.

Over the next couple of days, I will also be posting up a set of rules to abide by during gameplay, which I'd appreciate you all taking a look at before we begin, though I'm sure you will anyway. And I will also be setting up the opening post for the start of the active game; i.e - where your journey will begin. ;)

As usual, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them. :) I'm really looking forward to this guys, and I hope too much time hasn't passed for your own interest to have dimmed at all. Best wishes to you all!
Seraphi

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

*dances around the room and does a heel click* Woohoo! You can not imagine how thrilled I am to see we can put our introductions up - interest not dimmed in the slightest (though I do need to tweak what I've written a fair bit before deeming it worthy to post)!
Seraphi

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject:  

Introduction posted!

Sorry it took so long, Tika. I hit one of those "wrote it, read it a week later, hated it, had to rewrite it" walls.

Can't wait to get the RP started! :D
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject:  

Introduction looks awesome, Seraphi! Honestly couldn't be better! :) You've really captured the essence of your character well, and also of the clan to which she belongs. Very well done! And I can't wait to get started either. Just need to wait for at least one more person to post up their intro and we can get started. Others can join as we go on.

Just an added note to all - the order in which you post your introduction thread is the order in which you will be posting in the game. I, as GM, will be going first. As she's first to post her intro, Seraphi will be second. And so on and so forth. The order will continue throughout the game.
sagittaeri

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject:  

My intro is half-written up! Sorry for the delay! :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject:  

No worries, Sagi! I've been out all day every day this week anyway, doing an ICT course, so I've had little time to sort this stuff out myself. I've got the opening post for the game thread half written as well. XD It'll all come together eventually. :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject:  

Okay, so we have the opening post up, as I'm sure you'll have seen. Gameplay isn't yet open, but hopefully that post will give you some food for thought. ;) I need to post up the rules of gameplay before we begin also, and we need at least one other player to post up their intro.

Just to note, most of the posts aren't going to be as long as that one, and yours certainly don't need to be. There will be a word count minimum, which I'll post up with the rules, but generally posts will be kept to a shortish length.

Also, as you probably read in the post itself, there is a neutral zone around Greenvale, and you can also see it on the 'very basic' map I'll be providing, just to give an idea of the layout. So, whatever your clan, you're free to enter at any of the gates, though you will need to have a reason as to why you're using one if it's not the most convenient to your clan-lands. But feel free to enter where you wish. :)

Any questions, feel free to ask, either here, or via PM. ;)
Seraphi

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject:  

Oh...my...gosh!

Tika, that post is fantastic - it's got me all pumped! :P I want my character to enter from all the gates...if only it were physically possible, haha. I also really like the glossary you've set up in the info thread, and the entries you have therein so far.

If it is alright with you, I'd like to submit my start for the RP to you as a PM first, just to make sure I've got how I should write it squared away before I post it. Let me know if that's okay! (It's okay if it's not :oops: )

My eagerness to start continually grows! :D
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject:  

That's fine, Seraphi! PM away, lol! Though I'm certain it'll be absolutely fine. ;)
sagittaeri

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject:  

I'm really struggling to keep the intro under 2k words. Eep!
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject:  

If it's not a huge amount over, Sagi, it's fine. As long as an intro is kept near to the 2k word limit, it's acceptable. :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, main game thread is OPEN! *yays*

The current order of play is as follows:

GM post
Seraphi
Sagi

...then it all starts again. As I've already posted, Seraphi, you're up next! :D
Seraphi

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject:  

Okay! I'll do my best to not screw anything up! XD Hopefully I'll have my post up by the end of this weekend! :) *crosses fingers*

(Really like your intro, by the way, sagi *thumbs up*)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

You won't screw it up, Seraphi! XD Both of you have created awesome intros for your characters, soon to be followed by another very soon hopefully, as Biz has just had his character confirmed ready for introduction! :)
sagittaeri

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject:  

Yay, biz is joining us! :D

Seraphi I really liked your intro too! She was such a bad-ass who held traditions in the highest regard. I'm afraid for Max if they ever meet, haha.

Tika's Yuri is awesome, too. I liked the human element, where she's reluctant to cause harm, but will still do what is necessary.

Waiting excitedly for biz's intro and Seraphi's post. :)
Seraphi

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject:  

I have posted! Woo! :P

Tika, if there are any no-no's in there, let me know and I will fix them, ASAP! I decided not to PM you first because I didn't want to hold up gameplay (of course, if I have to modify a bunch of stuff I did wrong, I guess it won't matter either way...XD).

You're up, Sagi. :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject:  

Hey all!

Awesome posts so far! All are just great! Gave me a real high to see things up and running when I logged in today. :)

This post is to let you all know of a new development in the game. Pope has submitted a character to play, which has been okay'd, so we have another player! Also, his character has a companion, which will in a way be his own NPC. I had a long think about whether to allow this or not, as I'd been asked questions about players using NPCs before, and I wasn't really for it, as I thought it would complicate things a little too much. I have, however, allowed it, and for the sake of equality in the game, I will extend the same to the rest of you, should you require it at any point.

There are restrictive conditions though.

- All NPCs must be okay'd with me beforehand before they're entered into the game. So I insist upon a PM being sent to me detailing their appearance and how long you plan to have them with you and why.

- These NPCs are to have no involvement in the actual gameplay. They can converse with the players and perform the more mundane tasks etc, but they're not to do anything that gives a player an advantage over another player.

- If these additional characters do over-complicate the game, whether for myself or other players, I will take whatever action that's required, which very well may involve getting rid of them. And any breaking of the rules set will also not be taken lightly, and could result in the same thing. But I am hoping that things will run smoothly, and that it won't come to that. ;)

I reserve the right to add more if/when I think of them.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

*Bows head to floor* Arigatou gozaimasu, Tikanni-sama. (Thank you very much, Lady Tikanni) Elman says thanks too!
Seraphi

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

Hm...very intriguing. I will keep it in mind for the future, but for now I will just stick with Sumei. I don't want to overwhelm myself at the very beginning XD

Very awesome intro by Biz! Can't wait to read yours, Pope!
sagittaeri

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject:  

Awesome intros, biz and pope! I love how we all have very different characters!
Seraphi

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject:  

Super awesome intro, Pope!

And, Tika...oh my gosh that map is great! It helps put things in perspective :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject:  

Awww, thanks Seraphi! :) They are just basic, but they seem to have had a good reception, so more will very likely follow as we move through the land!

Okay, Pope, you're up!

Btw, all posts are great so far, guys! Early days it may be, but I'm very much impressed by how things are currently going! ;)
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Post  

Yay! First post up! Whee!
Seraphi

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject:  

Great post, Pope!

Now I'm even more giddy for Tika to put up the next part! :D
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject:  

Okay firstly, as you will have likely noticed, I've marked the different posts directed at each of you in a different colour...

Seraphi – Dark Red
Sagi – Red
Biz - Lime Green
Pope – Green

...and it will continue this way while you're separated and not in a group.

But the big info thing here really is a method of deciding whether you guys notice anything happening and such, and in true RP fashion, I'm using dice to do this. I will be casting dice to determine...anything that needs determining, and I will post the results here for you to see. You will then write your next posts while keeping these things in mind, and my posts will also be based upon any rolls that are required. Not all of you will have situations in which you do need rolls though, so don't think that I'm leaving you out just because you don't have one, okay. XD You may well have one next time.

I will put more info up in the Information thread when I have a spare five minutes later, such as how I determine the outcomes of the rolls etc, though a lot of both posts are still very much of one's own creation. Any questions on the matter, let me know! :)

And without further ado, here's the results of the latest rolls!

Sagi

Rolled to determine if anyone noticed Max and the piglet
RESULT – 4 (positive/yes)

Rolled to determine their attitude
RESULT – 5 (at the higher end of positive)

Rolled to determine if Max noticed the vendors approach
RESULT – 3 (negative/no)

Biz

Rolled to determine if the vendor of the stall noticed the thievery
RESULT – 1 (negative/no)

Rolled to determine if anyone else noticed the thievery
RESULT – 4 (positive/yes)

Rolled to determine their attitude
RESULT – 3 (negative)

All of you

Rolled to determine if any of you notice the girl passing through, and then again if the result was positive to see if your keen eyes spotted the other presence as well, and to what level.

Seraphi
RESULT/S – 4 and 3
Yes, Sumei does notice the girl, and fleetingly notices the presence, but it's gone as soon as it appears and she pays it little heed.

Sagi
RESULT/S – 2 and 6
Yes, Max does notice the girl, and latches on fully to the presence alongside her. Will PM you with special info!

Biz
RESULT/S – 3
No, Lucan doesn't notice the girl.

Pope
RESULT/S – 2 and 2
Yes Elman notices the girl, but doesn't notice the presence.

~~~

So all of you except Lucan notices the girl, and only Sagi really notices the presence alongside her. As he got a big, fat 6, he's also going to be privy to a little extra info, which he'll relate in his next post! I'll likely use similar techniques throughout the game, so I'm sure you'll all have your moments in the know! :)

Again, any questions, fire away!

@Pope – Guessing that you meant Northern gate at the end of your post, as that's where the crystal stall was located, so I've written your piece to coincide with that. :)
sagittaeri

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject:  

Eeep! This is so awesome! I can't wait to write my post after Seraphi's! :D

Thanks Tika for the amazing efforts you've put in this!
Seraphi

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Posted!

Sorry I didn't get it up last night everyone...my brain was being quite uncooperative. Though, since getting a good night's sleep and eating 50% off Valentine's Day chocolate throughout the entirety of work, it seems to have forgiven me for whatever transgression I made against it and I got my post done lickety-split!

Have at it, Sagi! :D
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject:  

Rolls

Seraphi

Roll to determine the attitude of the woman at the stall, and then to determine the level of positivity/negativity – 4 (positive) and 3 (positive but neutral)

Sagi

Roll to determine the reaction of the vendor, and then again to determine the level of positivity/negativity – 2 (positive) and 2 (the lower end of positive)

Roll to determine if the vendor follows Max – 1 (negative/no)

Roll to determine the girl's reaction, and then again to determine the level – 5 (negative) and 2 (lower end of negative)

...*it occurs to me at this moment that my die seems to like the number 2 today, which will now, of course, likely change, seeing as I brought it up*...

Roll to determine the reaction of the...invisible being, and to what level – 3 (negative) and 2 (lower end of negative)

...Okay, maybe it won't...

Roll to determine if anyone around notices the noise made by the being, and again if positive to determine what level – 1 (negative/no)

Roll to determine if Max notices any details about the invisible creature, and again if positive to determine the level – 2 (positive/yes) and 4 (fairly high). Will PM details.

Biz

Roll to determine if the vendor of the bakery stall accepts the reward – 1 (negative/no)

Roll to determine how the vendor from the bakery stall reacts to the threat and again to determine the level – 3 (negative) and 1 (lower end of negative)

Roll to determine how the vendor of the herb/potion stall reacts and again to determine the level – 1 (negative) and 2 (the lower end of negative)

Roll to determine if anyone else reacts, and again if positive to determine the level – 6 (positive/yes) and 1 (little reaction)

Roll to determine if Lucan catches (or is able to catch if he wishes XD) the reward – 4 (positive/yes)

Pope

Roll to determine if the pendant is expensive or not, and again to determine the level – 3 (negative/no) and 5 (reaching the higher end of inexpensive)

Roll to determine if the woman's curious about what distracted Elman – 4 (positive/yes)

Roll to determine if the young woman knows anything about the crystals properties – 4 (positive/yes)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject:  

Bumping for postings here! I'd like to have the next GM post up tonight if possible, so skates on Biz! ;) I've already written Seraphi's and Sagi's next sections, along with a joint one for all of you to add a little extra drama.
Seraphi

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject:  

Huzzah, extra drama! I can't wait! :D

Storygames Home -> Out of Character Discussion Threads Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3