Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Archer's Quest Chapter 4: Laran

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: The Archer's Quest Chapter 4: Laran Reply with quote

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Archer's Quest" has been posted:

Chapter 4: Laran

Posting and voting are complete for chapter 4.

This is the latest story in the Wheel saga, and a sequel to the novella "The Archer's Flight". Welcome to Wheel fans and to newcomers! A new chapter will be posted every Sunday night.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.

Last edited by Key on Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
sir wax
Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
845 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, this is a tough one. I don't really no Deicia that well but it seemed to me as if she was treated well by her family but others would tease and make fun of her when she was growing up and stuff.

This story is constantly reminding me of the movie Dances with Wolves. More of the story that we didn't see about Stands with Fists. If you know that movie, then you can kind of get how i see Deicia in her family.

She was probably teased when she was young, but she had proven herself to be bold and noble even though she is different. Which then others had to respect more or less. However, she still had a need to find someone who might be like her... like Laran.

However, i thought that her anger has more to do with the acceptance of others not being given in The Wheel, but mostly frustration for not being able to have a solid group to call her own.

So, i vote for the Frustration.

EDIT: After reading, Powers post below, i would say agree with him as far as getting away from Laran asap.

Last edited by sir wax on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Powers That Be
Respected Citizen

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
1777 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, as much as I enjoyed the last chapter, this one left me pretty cold. It seemed disjointed and a little too conveniently rushed to the decision point. Also, there's something not working right with the scroll bar, but maybe that's just me.

As far as the events being too convenient, I think they are, and so I don't believe it's a coincidence that Laran has come along. So he's after Deica but doesn't want her to know that. That's not good. I'd just as soon not have him along for the ride.

But how to avoid it? We're going the same way (also too convenient). Anyway, I suppose I would agree to keep company with him but look for opportunities to go another way. I'm not too happy about that though, and I hope someone has a more brilliant idea.
Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
626 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust him. He sounds a little bit like a vampire to me. Not the movoe versions that can be staked through the heart, but from back when they were good hunters. But of course, if he had wanted her blood, he'd probably have taken it by now. He must realize she's human. He's luring her in. I sayhead with him, but keep an eye on him.

And who knows? Garlic might help.
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir wax wrote:
Hmmm, this is a tough one. I don't really no Deicia that well but it seemed to me as if she was treated well by her family but others would tease and make fun of her when she was growing up and stuff.

This story is constantly reminding me of the movie Dances with Wolves. More of the story that we didn't see about Stands with Fists. If you know that movie, then you can kind of get how i see Deicia in her family.

She was probably teased when she was young, but she had proven herself to be bold and noble even though she is different. Which then others had to respect more or less. However, she still had a need to find someone who might be like her... like Laran.

To give a little background on Deica for those who haven't read The Archer's Flight, she was born to a centaur family, most of whom did not treat her well. Her grandmother was kind to her and her grandfather trained her with the bow, but her mother and sister looked down on her and saw her as a kind of freak because she had only two legs. Deica's father died before she was born.

The rest of the village followed her mother and sister's lead and would also tease and insult her.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
10229 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deica must decide... or must she? Why not refuse Laran's offer, feign turning the other way around, and then follow him at a distance? That way, she isn't in his control, but she can still find out about the serpentine army and his habits.
DELETED

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
5046 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that she agrees to go to the army, but not with him. He seems to be in a hurry; let him hurry off on his own. After all, if they meet again in the army then good for them, but if he agrees to walk slowly with her after rushing then she'll know something is up, and if not she will at least know what's ahead.

Tea Cures All.
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've got:

Agree to travel with him but look for an opportunity to get away
Agree to travel with him and keep a close eye on him
Refuse his offer but then follow at a distance

Anything else? One more day for suggestions...

Smile
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's up. Vote away!

Smile

How do you respond to Laran's offer?
Agree to travel with him but look for an opportunity to get away
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Agree to travel with him and keep a close eye on him
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Refuse his offer but then follow at a distance
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6
Who Voted: Crunchyfrog, D-Lotus, Masterweaver, sir wax, The White Blacksmith

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: