Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
I made a medium sized punny!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TruePurple
Citizen

Topics: 8

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: I made a medium sized punny! Reply with quote

Theres this show called medium. It's about this family woman who solves crime for the DA with her psychic powers that allow her to see dead people and visions of things that have happened in the past, in her sleep. (she often wakes up with a start from them)

A episode that just aired. A mans wife goes missing, her father asks the DA to help find her, without involving the media.

*spoiler alert*

Turns out she had killed her husbands previous wife, and was poisoning their daughter bit by bit, for attention or something (or to get ride of the daughter so she can have the attention) Her mother figures it out. She is talking to her daughter, at this point not letting her know she knows. Her daughter wonders when her mother is finally going to get that pool installed, she's been talking about it long enough. The daughter makes it clear to the mother she is going to continue to poison the girl. So her mother poisons her, making her sick/weak enough to suffocate. Then she puts her in the ground where the pool is going to be installed, so it will cover up her body.

Well the daughter finally got the answer to her question about when the pool will finally be installed. Over her dead body. Very Happy

P.S. (the joke is in a certain expression, not sure how universal it is, but let me know if you don't know it)
Black Hawk
Citizen

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it and it is one of the most over used puns ever Laughing

-Will Rodgers

Michael Crichton one of the greatest writers of his time 1942-2008 rest in peace
TruePurple
Citizen

Topics: 8

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a most over used pun? It's a specialized joke, how often does that exact circumstance come up where such a joke would even work? I find it hard to believe you've even heard it before short of it being 'over used'.

If you mean 'over my dead body', that isn't a pun. That's a expression meaning 'I will stop you by almost any means necessary'.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: