Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Fantasy Forest News : Edition 2

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: The Fantasy Forest News : Edition 2 Reply with quote

Budget constraints mean we have to recycle the old header, even though it's no longer 'ition 1', or '2008'.

Gooooood morning, afternoon or evening, Ladies and Gentlefolks.

And welcome to the very exciting, very informing, very, very, very late second edition of the Fantasy Forest News (FFN). The news you need from the only place that matters*

~

Flop back in you favourite tree swing, let it sway gently as you enjoy the cool woodland breeze. Perhaps share your picnic lunch with the tame squirrel playing in the branches just above. Finally, sit back and prepare yourself for a bountiful bouquet of bonafide fantasy, with nary a warp engine, robot, or genetic sequencer in sight!

*Except my story in Skiffy, or course! Ahem..

Contents :

Coming up for you :

• I take a stroll around the newest glades and find out what has appeared this past month or so.

• A quick bulletin of recent forest news!

• I sneak into the city and peak down Info street to see what baby SG's could be invited to the forest very soon.

• I award the coveted FFN MR (Must Read) award.

Wasting no time, lets to it.

WNITF

That's right, once again we begin with "What's New in the Forest", a quick look at what exciting new stories have appeared within our shady utopia recently.

Well call it coincidence, but just like the first edition, the most recent arrival into the forest is once again Mr Gallant, with his latest piece called Batharan's Mirror (I must add a 'bad language' warning here folks, kiddies this ain't for you!)

Once again we managed to find Gallant, and this is how it went...

Quote:
So, a new story Gallant - Batharan's Mirror. Recently promoted into the forest. What's this one about?

"Well basically our protagonist 'Darren' has so far had his life turned upside down. He's lost in some hills with his injured brother in his hands. The main plot line however is yet to be revealed. So far the reasons why this is happening is revolving around mirror shard enchanted into looking like a dagger. You'll need to read to find out anything else."

Hmmm interesting. But FFN can't help remember a rather drunken interview you gave last year about your other storygame in the forest which even now still languishes on chapter 3! Will this one continue or come to a similar stop?

"I believe you're reffering to 'Infinity.' I've been meaning to get round to that but I'm a horrible procrastinator. I do apologise and I've actually already started work on both Batharan's Mirror and Infinity's new chapters. You'll see them in a couple of days. So quit nagging me!"

Alright, calm down, no need to get mad. We understand this new story comes with a language warning for the younger readers in the city. Do you feel the bad language adds to your story more than you lose from shutting out the younger audience?

"To be frank I've not thought it through. Most of anything I write is a bit verbose, the only reason there's a warning is because it's required of me. In honesty I don't mind if any youngun's have a look at the odd sweary word. They're still words and as such should be read. If someones bugging you, then there's no better way to tell them to **** off, than to tell them to **** off."

Fascinating. Mr Gallant, thank you.

"Anytime Mr Smee (saying that makes me feel like captain hook,) it was a pleasure."

~

Next I bring you a story from our very own Deady, or DMW as some know him. Demon World is only on its second chapter so it is is prime ground for a quick catchup. Here's what its author had to say...

Quote:
Hello Mr DMW, or as I like to call you - Deady. Tell me, what is this latest storygame of yours about?

"DemonWorld is an sgame I started out of boredom, when I was thinking about erm... Well a lot of stuff. But gradually it developed into something more interesting. Which, I know, doesn't give you much about the plot so far, but here's a small summary to make up for that. Basically, take Genesis and add demons, and then change the rest of the world to fit what happens after that. And there you have it."

Oooh sounds good. What are your plans with regards to chapters? At the moment it's only sat on chapter 2 after nearly 5 weeks but gathering votes has been time consuming. Can any potential new readers expect a more regular timescale?

"The timing for these last couple chapters have been kind of iffy for another reason as well. A sudden influx of RL (specifically, the dread hw) which i expect to end relatively soon took up much of my time. I hope that, if vote-gathering goes smoother over time, I'll be able to set up a more regular schedule."

Good, good.. phew what is that smell!

*Deady wafts a decaying hand regally and chuckles*

Erm, right... er ahem.. how are your idearium supplies doing? Where do you see an end to this story, is it expected to be a lengthy one, or perhaps a more moderate length, about 10-12 chapters?

"At this point, honestly, I have no idea. I have several hypothetical ideas in my head for plotlines, but I have only the faintest ideas how long they will take, or even if the story will go down those lengths, as IF is full of imagination and thus suggestions I don't expect could crop out at me. At this point, let's say relatively longer."

*Clutches nose, and speaking in a hghpitched squeek*

Erm... that's all I have time for. Mr DMW, thank you.

And that's all for WNITF for this edition.

~

In other news :

With shocks all round, and a good few tears, we received news that the Forest's own fairy queen, Lily, has left the city and resigned her post as a Forest moderator. What this means for the forest is still unknown, but the canopy is all but silent and the forest floor not much better. Who knows when this slump will end, but the recent re-arrival of a goodly number of old Ifians could hopefully germinate a bit of life here once again. Along with a mayoral election and a promised moderator team shakeup, FFN is sure the forest will be a haven of new stories very soon.

In the meantime, all at the FFN wish Lil well, and hope she comes back to us soon.

~

FFN - Must Read Award

And now it's that time you've all been waiting for... the awarding of the Fantasy Forest MR Award!

This edition's award goes to a very deserving storygame, one that should have been promoted to the upper canopy during last month's SGoTM, but some upstart Skiffy got in the way.

I'm talking of course about Skitty's Indelible. Whilst we a good few chapters in, there's still plenty to happen and plenty of time to catch up. Right now we're all wrapped up in a soft feathery mystery, with an array of rich and weird characters and amusing dialogue.

Check it out now!

~

NSG Sneak-peak :

I know, I know. Who would volunteer to leave the forest and go slum it in the City! Pure madness. But a little ways from the centre, halfway down Info Street is a place known locally as NSG. Amidst the screams and cries of stunted offspring from the Skiffy and HEM districts, if one looks carefully, tiny offshoots of the forest are struggling to begin their lives.

So brave it I did... armed with a watering can, and some ol' Mother Goose Plantfood*.

• The Chosen by Lady of the Shadows. So far we have a prologue and a very promising first chapter. Whilst it concerns werewolves, and those evil bods over in Skiffy might try to claim it as horror, I have a team of gnomes building a lovely den here in the forest ready to house the fluffy dears. Regardless, it's worth checking out this start from a city newbie.

• Anageil by TillDeath. This one is still a seed, bearly begun germinating, and in need of some work. But it's another city newbie which I think has potential, even if they're a little shy right now. Anageil needs help staying an angel. Facing a terrible decision of becoming human again, or running away, options are becoming few. Perhaps the approaching stranger can help?

~

And that's if for this edition. Hope you enjoyed it.

I'll be back - at some point - with more news, interviews and important happenings, here in the Fantasy Forest. "The only place that matters!"

Last edited by Smee on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Gallant
Citizen

Topics: 14

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent edition of the FFN Smee. Just as awesome as the last. Very Happy

I think you've just convinced me to read Indelible too!
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Topics: 59

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, yay! Thanks, Smee!! Smile *sniffs daintily, and swipes at her eyes with the back of a paw*. I'm touched, truly, that you think I deserve the MR award. Now.. um.. does that come with a Fable reward? Or just a shiny statuette to display?

Razz
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent edition, and congrats to all featured!

*wants to be in FF*

Thumbs Up
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Better late than never! Very Happy
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! Late, maybe, but I can tell you that it's still awesome!

I think I'll go read some of those suggestions now...

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: