Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
RSS feed subscriptions

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Hall of Debate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ingrothechundyer
Royal Arch-Mage

Topics: 63

Items
Legends
Fables
90 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: RSS feed subscriptions Reply with quote

I'm not saying that the current RSS feed system is bad per say but it should probably be noted that when looking for feeds with Google Reader "City of IF" brings up everything but a feed from the city. (Yes that is "City of If" with quotes in the search parameters).

Interestingly enough I found Lebby's photo album with this search Wink

According to Google the feed for the city I am subscribed to is the most unpopular feed I have a subscription to with a whopping 1 user subscribed to it Laughing

The current feed system has a lot of features (once you figure out how to use it) but it does have a weakness that I am pointing out here. I don't know how much work it would be to "fix" it (or if it should even be considered). I am fairly sure though that it does not show up when looking at feeds related to feeds that you are subscribed to (which is one way that I have found new feeds back when I was looking for them).
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
1007 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: RSS feed subscriptions Reply with quote

Ingrothechundyer wrote:
Interestingly enough I found Lebby's photo album with this search Wink

Wow, that could have been especially interesting if you found images that I hadn't released yet. That would have been embarassing, but I guess I took enough precautions. Still, that was pretty close.

I have some hope that those images floating around on the net might somehow draw in a few more visitors for IF, but they'll probably only be encountered by IFians sniffing around.

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: I think..... Reply with quote

Ummmm*Feels idiotic* Can someone explain just what this feature is? I've seen the letters before, but I havn't the faintest as to WHAt they mean/are. Halp?

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, RSS stands for "Really simple syndication".

You should see a link next to "Log out" which says "RSS". All it does is generate a URL for you so that you can see recent posts without logging in to IF, or some thing to that effect.

Anyway, the best way to understand it is to use it. Jump right in!

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Hall of Debate All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: