Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Brandi's Story Chapter 6 Part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Poke Reply with quote

*Pooooooookes* Did we forget aout this one crazy-chan?

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Pope... she hasn't gotten as many readers as she usually does for whatever reason now. T'is a shame but I'd be waiting a bit if that were the case too. (so I'm bumping to help now)

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
crazybookgal
Citizen

Topics: 12

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know *looks ashamed* but ur right-it seems like no one commets on chapters anymore Sad u guys' comments heartened me though

I'll try to get the next chap up soon
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot of new members around though... and this one's worth some added attention.

Really looking forward to it continuing.

Zephyrrr! And...
crazybookgal
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(and continue it will TB!)

“Kara what was that?!” exploded Brandi.

Kara put her head back like she was in pain, “I don’t know Brandi! I just…just…”

“Just what!?”

“I…I just like…the…the…box”, Kara looked down in shame, obviously knowing how stupid that sounded.

“You risked us getting fired for a stupid box!?”Brandi released her temper, “Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside that head of yours. Don’t you care about Jenna? Do you care about the box more than her now? Or me? You know what? Give it to me” Brandi held out a hand.

Kara looked at it like it had snakes snapping at her, “What?”

“Give me the box Kara”

“No”

“Give. Me. The. Stinkin’. Box. NOW!”

“NO!” came Kara’s strangled cry. Then she turned on her heal and ran. Brandi was shocked. What was up with Kara? She made a lonely trip back to the apartment and found Kara holed up in her room. With an exhausted sigh, Brandi went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Kara was still sleeping when Brandi got up. She sighed and went downstairs to make breakfast. By the time the eggs were scrambled and the toast was toasted, Brandi had decided to let Kara keep the box. She knew it was a bad move, a dangerous one, but she loved Kara, and the way she looked when Brandi had asked her for it… Brandi shook her head.

Kara crept downstairs and into the kitchen cautiously. Brandi informed her of her decision, Kara leapt for joy.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Kara was near tears, and attacked Brandi with hugs.

“One question, though” laughed Brandi, unsuccessfully fending off the redhead, “Why do you like that dang box so much?”

Kara considered this, “Well when I was holding it, it was like it was a part of me had been torn off long ago, and in that box, it was finally back”

“Like…like losing your mom?” asked Brandi carefully”

“No” replied Kara said softly, this was…deeper” Brandi was puzzled at this, but decided not to ask too many questions. They finished their meal and set out to get their daily assignment.

As they walked to the underground mailroom, Kara seemed to be looking for something.

“What is it?” asked Brandi.

“I’m looking for the guy we don’t know”
“You have too much fun at his expense” Kara smiled mischievously. Brandi received their assignment and held it so Kara could read with me.

Assignment Directions
Depart by the way of Room P12 to Amery. Take time pills BEFORE travel. Follow instructions on package. Brandy will take pills.
Time to Depart: ASAP

There was a bottle of pills in the envelope. The girls started traveling to P12 by way of keypad and Brandi read the instructions: TAKE TWO. SWALLOW PILL RIGHT BEFORE ENTERING KEYPAD. DO NOT TAKE WITH ALCOHOL.

Wow they sure don’t bother with safety precautions like I don’t know: Don’t give to toddlers, or maybe side effects?! There was something bothering about this bottle of pills, but Brandi didn’t have time to think about it. They were already inside T12.

It was the same as last time, and Brandi typed in Amery on the pedestal keypad. Then she popped two pills and swallowed, then pressed enter. The pain shot at her like it had last time, and it did something unusual. Brandi and Kara had been hurried by the ASAP on their assignment, so Brandi hadn’t had time to see the warning signs of counterfeit.

The pain now awakened her, making her realize how inattentive she had been. The assignment had been unusually short. It lacked a task for the girls to carry out, an estimated completion time, and an assignment number. Also, Brandi realized what had struck her funny about the pill bottle. Instead of a regular plastic label, it had a papery feel, like it had been printed on printer paper. What were time pills? What had Brandi swallowed?

Brandi could feel something happening. Her mind felt numb and blank, slowly shutting down. Her spirit withdrew to a deep place inside her. No, something was dragging it there. Brandi tried to kick and scream, but the numbness subdued her. Soon she was nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kara blinked, and saw she was in a city with medieval looking buildings and shops. The street was paved in cobblestones and she could see a castle’s spire rising in the distance. Everyone looked and talked as if they were in the middle ages. Kara swallowed. She was in the middle ages. And Brandi was nowhere to be seen.
Panic rose in Kara’s chest. Where was Brandi? Was she okay? Then, to make things worse, many women were starting stare at her jeans as if it was devil clothing, though many men seemed to enjoy the jeans.

Wait, duh, in the middle ages jeans on a girl would be devil clothing. I must be like a medieval Lady Gaga to them, thought Kara with a grin. Then she turned her mind to grimmer manners. What am I supposed to do? How will I find Brandi? What am I going to say to these people?

Okay REALLY short chapter, but I had to make the decision point at this-it could be potentially hilarious Smile
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CBG!

Been meaning to get to this for a while, and it just keeps slipping my mind. And when I do read, it keeps slipping my mind to actually reply. Doesn't make for a particularly good fantasy mod, so thank god I've got Cy to sort that. Wink

Right, yeah this was a short chapter, but a good one all the same. I'm not a hundred percent sure where I last read to, so I think it would be good for me to go over the whole thing at some point. But for now, dp time...

I'm going to say, go up to the nearest woman, and ask if she has a skirt/dress Kara can borrow. The reaction could be potentially amusing, and if she manages to get a skirt/dress, she won't stand out quite so much, and might stand a chance of persuading people to help her to find Brandi.

Keep up the good work! Smile

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I can't believe I MISSED this! I vaguelly recall not thinking, oh, right on! A new Brandi chappie - gotta read that later. Now I see it bumped and I feel terrible for letting it go so long - I'd even gotten to wondering when we'd see a new chapter... Wacko

Anyhow, I liked this. It was succinct. And it sets up some great tension.

Now, as for the DP, I was kinda thinking like Tika there but I'm also now thinking we should maybe just find a clothing store and see if there's something we can trade (our jeans themselves perhaps?) for a nice dress in the modern fashion. We should then strike off towards that castle. Tha's what I'd do.

Zephyrrr! And...
Mattheus
Resident

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally caught up on the whole story, really enjoying it. I think she should try and find clothes to wear but keep the jeans and maybe to make it more interesting no one there speaks the same language as her, so she to try sign language.
crazybookgal
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments guys Smile oh and Matteus, in the middle ages they still spoke english, it was just in a fancy kind of Shakespearean way.

Polls up!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Poll Reply with quote

Looks like we need a tie breaker here!

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day

What should Kara do?
Ask to borrow a skirt
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Buy a skirt
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Keep walking in your jeans
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
Who Voted: Mattheus, PopeAlessandrosXVIII, Thunderbird, Tikanni Corazon

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: