Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Death of an Age, CHAPTER 27- ALL THINGS MUST END
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chop his head off and put him out of your misery! Very Happy
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say go outside the city. Things might be a little quieter in this hamlet, and you've no idea where the priest is hiding anyway. Little chance of finding him in a war zone Shocked

Good chapter. Liked the brains Razz
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll up on this one now!

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No neither option? Discrasful.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww... come on, Lordy. The guy's a paladin and that just wouldn't sit right with him.

Plus... Larson becoming a vampire would kind of kill my plans for the story so far... But trust me, you'll like what ends up happening...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could just kill him then - why risk it?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like larson.. I would like him more as a headless vampire.. can that be arranged?
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. No headless vampire action. I need him around and mortal for my plans. You of all people know this, Zeit.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah.. even if I know of a different direction that the story will go, I still can put ideas out there... course I could save time and just tell you.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a storygame Jack - your plans are always subject to change - there is no escape.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know that Lordy, but there is one specific thing that I want to happen that just won't work if I kill Larson. He has to live for now.

Otherwise, I'd have to rethink the rest of the entire tale.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be the first time.

If voters had decided to leave Kagemusho in his cell back back at chapter 3, then it would be in a very different place now.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
DarkeFlyte

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a priest. A priest would most likely no more about the situation but there is a slight problem. Prejudice. Priests hate all things dark and Larson is about to become VERY dark. The mage will not be so reluctant to help but might make a mistake. Difficult to say but I'll go with the Priest, we might even be able to recruit him as a ally incase the undead thing comes back.

Thats my 2 cents anyways.
Also, I thank you in advance, Jack, you just removed my writers block.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, DF.

King of Jungle here to help. Very Happy

Thinking about posting a synopsis on this story, as it's starting to get some length.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy there are always three options.. just cause the poll is only two means nothing.. A tie we have as of this post, which can mean only one thing, a plot twist..

*head shudders.. an errant personality comes to the surface*
Nostradamos: I have looked into the future.
Zeitgeist: And what have you seen?
Nostradamos: the future
Zeitgeist: you dont say...
Nostradamos: worry not for the fate of Larson, there are many other more dangerous fiends that are of more interest before time ends.
*wakes on my back*
"what just happened?"

oh and Jack good on the synopsis we need one.
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Jacks Long awaited Synopsis Reply with quote

Jack just finished his synopsis, then his phong rang... hehehe sucker.. Fables for me. Smile

[quote=jack]Forenius is the lone survivor of a failed crusade against the lands of the wicked demi-goddess Lady d’Grorathia. He is captured after a ferocious skirmish with her troll shock troops.

Defeated, he approached by her and nearly seduced in his cell. She nearly seduces him, but instead offers him command of her armies in return for a simple favor: he must slay her current general, Lord Jeryon and his minion the alchemist Alestro.

He soon discovers that Jeryon is in fact the world’s oldest living grey dragon but with all that age and power also comes the curse of blindness. He slays the servant, disposing of the beast’s guide and then kills it too, tearing down a large section of the Lady’s castle in the process.

The hero awakens in a well furnished room, where once again, the temptress offers herself to him and Forenius almost succumbs to her whiles but at the last second is granted a vision from the gods as to her true plan. Knowing that her purpose is to murder millions to impress her father, the god of murder and plague and to gain divinity for herself while leaving a mortal progeny behind spawned by no other than he, the paladin seizes a rapier from the mantel and stabs her, but to no effect.

In horror, he flees, escaping the fortress and heading out for his homeland. He is forced to stop for a short time in an eerily abandoned city, which ages before was single handedly wiped out by a vampire known as Damek.

The knight is preparing for his last stand and heroic battle with the forces of evil when he discovers both a suit of pristine golden armor and a magical portal. He leaps through the teleporter and is promptly back in his homeland, but is arrested on the spot and thrown into prison as a traitor.

The Lady and her host arrive not long after, their ruckus awakening the sleeping vampire, who forms an unholy alliance with her, but making it clear that he will not hesitate to kill her if necessary. Forenius begins to come back around in his cell, forming a bond with his cellmate, a half elf bounty hunter known as Larson.

Escaping from the prison, the duo head right back in to gather their belongings after they discover that the enemy legions are in the city, unaware that they are entering the vampire’s den. They slay massive numbers of ghouls on their way to the armory, where all their gear is currently locked up at.

Finally reaching the armory, they are offered the services of a barbarian named Cynyr the Devout and his enchanted hammer, Thunderer, which he claims speaks to him. They politely decline.

Not long after they don their armor gather their supplies, they are attacked by Damek. During the struggle, the undead villain bites Larson, but is stopped when is struck by Cynyr’s hammer, who returned to help them. He is promptly killed with a fist through the brain.

As the nosferatu is distracted with this, Forenius is spoken to by Thunderer, and seizing the moment, strikes Damek full force with the magical mallet. Defeated, the vampire vanishes in a cloud of bats.

Larson has only three days before he becomes undead but luckily, Forenius knows of two men who were working on a cure for the disease. One is a mage in a small hamlet outside the war torn city and the other is a priest hiding somewhere within. Who does he seek out?
[/quote]

Last edited by Zeitgeist on Fri May 05, 2006 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. At least the synopsis got up there. I'm cool with it.

Just thought that it would be a good idea. Now you can all refresh your memories or, if you're just starting, just start there if you don't want to spend the time to read the previous 11 chapters (although, Id have to say that you're missing out).

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm up and I just have to warn everyone that the new chapter is about to be up.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 12- Dissent

Lifting his friend in his massive arms, Forenius prepared to take his leave of this terrible place. He tossed the comatose Larson over his armored shoulder and scooped up the mighty hammer, Thunderer. Looking down at the twisted remains of Cynyr, he rendered a rough salute with the weapon in respect of the fallen warrior.

“I am truly sorry that I have not the time to properly take care of your mortal shell, but, I hope that amongst the gods, where such great men certainly reside, that you continue to lend us your aid,” The knight said in eulogy as he dropped the raised arm and affixed the weapon roughly to his belt.

On his way out, the paladin grabbed his sword and began the long walk.

……………………………….

The Lady sat in her lofty room, high above the chaos and turmoil that raged within the city. She silently turned through a book detailing various military tactics and weapons, doing the best to educate herself as a leader of her now increased army. Dawn had begun to break, rending the sky outside her balcony a plethora of reds, oranges, and purples like some genius madman at work.

An unnaturally cold breeze slammed shut her open window and the shadows deepened. Emerging from the shadows was a form she’d come to recognize far too easily for her tastes.

Nonchalantly, not even bothering to look up from her studies, d’Grorathia asked, “Isn’t it past your bed time, unholy one?”

Sneering, Damek rendered one question, “Why?”

“Why what, darkest of darks?” The demi goddess asked as she turned a yellowed page.

“Why didn’t you tell me there was more than one? I wasn’t ready for that.”

“I’m sorry, but if you look into my eyes with that terrible look that you so often employ, you will be able to see that I am not lying when I say I had no idea,” The red haired witch responded, shutting the leather bound volume and glaring into the vampire’s violet eyes, inviting him to probe her mind.

Which he did of course. Seeing that the woman told nothing but truth, he withdrew from her mind, leaving her feeling more than a little violated.

“You’re a bastard. You know that, right?”

“Of course,” The grinning nosferatu mocked as he merged once again with the darkness.

It was not surprising that on some level, the Lady found herself hoping that against all odds, that Forenius would somehow slay this foul devil which had to torment her was it?

………………………………...

Stealing a horse was a simple matter, but getting past the enemy army was not. Forenius had to beat the horse until it ran as nothing before, but still only barely outrunning the trolls.

By the time he reached his ancestral estate, it stood upon shaky legs, breathing heavy and sweating. He wasn’t surprised in the least when it dropped dead not long after he dismounted.

The estate of the house of Petrus was a barren stone fortress high above the city, looking down like an avatar of justice upon the wicked metropolis below. It was surrounded by a low timber wall and staffed only with a small auxiliary of mercenaries and armed peasants. Obvious from the state of things was that the family had fallen upon tough times in recent years, and that the Great Crusade had only helped that process along its merry way.

Bearing Larson upon his back, the downtrodden knight trudged through the now torrential downpour that had begun just as he’d exited the city walls. Immediately, he was confronted by a watch stander who had not recognized the young noble with his thick beard and war weary eyes. Needless to say, he’d changed much through the past months, having had seen enough death and destruction for a lifetime.

Raising his troubled brow just as the lightning flashed, recognition dawned across the pikeman’s whiskered face. Apologizing, he ushered the warrior within the walls without delay.

Ignoring the greetings of all those who knew him, Forenius rushed into the great doors of the hall, his only concern being the welfare of his friend. Finding a couch of the right length, the soldier laid his compatriot out upon it.

“Where is my father?” Seeing no response from the servants provoked the anger of this young man, whose hand flew to the Thunderer with almost no thought.

From the back of the assembled throng came a female voice which he had known since he was born and had missed greatly.

“That is unnecessary, brother,” His twin sister, Valonia, said, soothing the beast that raged within her brother with just those few words.

She had always had this effect upon everyone, even in childhood, often playing peacemaker between Forenius and other children when his hot blooded nature threatened to start a scuffle. She had the same wise, kind eyes of her brother, but also with a heavy degree of innocence, making her beautiful, if just for her captivating brown eyes, not to mention the flowing dark hair that hung below her flawless waist. The rest of her body was perfect as well, but it was unfortunate that the girl knew this, making her virtually impossible to bed.

The stone gaze of the crusader immediately softened when it fell upon his sister, his homesick eyes becoming moist. Hurriedly turning away, he spoke.

“I… I have journeyed far and battled much, Valonia.”

“I would doubt it not brother, but who is this that you have brought us?” She inquired, showing more than a little interest in the half elf warrior that lay before her.

“He is my friend, my confederate, and should be considered a brother by all rights and intents. He may have just but recently laid down his life for me. But we have no time for this. Simply care for him and have him moved to my quarters, yes?”

Nodding, Valonia complied, summoning three of the brawnier house servants to move the injured man. Carefully, they carted him back to Forenius’s old room.

Turning his recently dried eyes upon her, his heart now fully soothed by the presence of one so dear, he asked, “Where is Father? There is something I would ask of him before I must continue.”

“Brother, I know not how to say this, so, I shall be frank and honest,” Valonia spoke as if some great sadness were physically bearing down upon her, “But our Father is dead.”

………………………………...

Jad-Bal-Rhun sat before the small fire, cursing the wind, the rain, and all the elements with the exception of the flame that warmed his icy troll bones. He spat phlegm a good three feet and turned his beady eyes upon one of his clan.

“Why are we here?” He asked, finally breaking the silence of the band of troops.

Looking up at him with broken eyes, the other trolls spoke not, the yellow orbs in their heads just telling him what he knew: they were just as disgruntled and unhappy as he.

Rising to his feet, the green goliath pulled his blanket tight about himself and spoke again, “Why are we here, brothers? Why do we follow a female into battle? Why do we accept meager rations and pay just because our chieftains say so?”

His reply was shrugging shoulders and a few more of the rebellious rabble gathering about him.

“We are soon replace by these new ghouls anyways. So why should we stand by and die for someone who uses as no more than crude pawns? Why don’t we forge a new way, a way for us? A way good for your children back home rather than making our leaders fat on their thrones?” He expressed with great sweeping motions, both he and his audience were borne away upon the wave of passion that they all felt.

Agreeing, they pledged their loyalties to this new leader, sealing both the pact and their fates with blood. In the glowing light of the whispering flame, they plotted until early the next morning when the fire was but a memory.

………………………………...

Forenius arrived on the outskirts of the small hamlet not ready for what lay before him. The gates were drawn shut, conscript archers lined the walls, and an army of bandits sat ready to attack. Apparently these knaves, rovers of the borders, worthless scum to a man, had decided to take advantage of the empire in its time of troubles.

It was unfortunate that Forenius must pass through this hoard to find either of the men he sought, as they both were within this small town that sat besieged. Apparently, the priest had been paying a visit to his lifelong friend, the mage, and now they were both trapped in the snare of an unknowing enemy. Looking down the hillside upon the encampment, the knight began to assess his options.

How was he to rid the settlement of such a menace in the short amount of time he had?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, simple D- Point...

What's a fast way to rid himself of these bandits?

Does he sneak around and assassinate their key members?

Stroll up and challenge their leader to a deul for leadership of the host?

Or other?

Have fun discussing this one, cause there's a lot of different ways to go with it, I'm sure...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a paladin, I'd expect he'll either try to take on the whole group of them, or challenge the leader to single combat.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice chapter jack.. hmm noble paladin, that title hasnt been working for his benefit of late. since he has wisdom in his eyes might I suggest he tries a new thing. Sneaking.
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on come on come on!!!! new chappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it, Meanie. It'll be a few days before the next chapter, as I stayed up almost all last night to write this one. The poll will be up in a couple of days though. Don't be a stranger and feel free to vote when it comes up. Smile

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont need to tell ME that! Cool
ill vote whenever i feel like it, but it better be up in a few hours or i might miss the poll( you know cuz of camp)

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behold! We have the poll, at the behest of our new reader, Meanie, who has to vote before camp.

Vote away, my friends.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for single combat, because it's certainly Paladinesque, and stands a higher chance of success that trying to take on the entire camp single-handedly.

And, as I got the first vote, I'm winning - fancy that.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehhe theres no way anyone can make this a tie now! Very Happy
i mean, its 100% challenge the leader!

Luris_of_Klarr

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
Being a paladin, I'd expect he'll either try to take on the whole group of them, or challenge the leader to single combat.

although he has the battlefield tactics and experience needed for a frontal assault, his decisions lean more toward a diplomatic battle, and not a all out onslought. i say he challange the leader.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the story and the city, Luris!

Glad you're likin my little epic so far. Hope to see some cool stuff from you in the future. Very Happy

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.still winning Very Happy
guess you've got no choice eh jack?lol.100%(6 votes) on fight the leader...lol! Very Happy

jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got caught up on your story Jack, and I must say it keeps getting better and better... Smile

I agree with everyone else, challenging the leader is the way to go... :nod:

-Jess
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Welcome back, Jess. Long time no see.

Good to have you back on the tale. Very Happy

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! its 7 vs 0 votes now! LOL! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack, good to be back! Smile I guess I really do have ALOt of reading to do. :nod:
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome for the welcome. Confused

But anyways, if you like Larson on here, he has his own story called Larson, Bounty Killer (for which he is up for an IFy for as best character, yeah!).

You might want to give it a read, as from what I've been told, most people think it's even better than Death.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to read it once I catch up on the other SGs I've been following, I'd rather go through and read the chapters than read the synopsis... Smile
Luris_of_Klarr

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_D.Mented wrote:
Welcome to the story and the city, Luris!

Glad you're likin my little epic so far. Hope to see some cool stuff from you in the future. Very Happy

i got absorbed in it from the beginning . and i hope my input helps continue a great story.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 13- Dawn

Hoisting up his lance, Forenius spurred the mount and made his way down the hill, armor clanking the whole way. It did not take him long to cross the grassy field, and within a few seconds, he was in the front of the bandit encampment.

A sleeping sentry awoke with a start, and raising his pike, asked, “Who are ye?”

The paladin did not even dignify this with a response, instead just whipping his horse into a charge and aiming his weapon for the guard‘s hairy chest. The man’s toothless mouth dropped open as he realized what was about to happen one second too late.

Blood spurted from the gaping wound from which the spear sprouted from his torso and the man’s rough scream brought some life into the resting highwaymen.

Rushing out, buttoning his pants, the man that was obviously the leader of this ragtag brigand army inflated his chest, attempting to look important and frightening. It obviously didn’t work.

“Why are ye here, paladin? Might we be encroachin’ on yer property, perchance?” The rotten toothed thug asked mockingly of the knight.

Forenius simply continued to sit astride of his steed, not making a sound. The horse shook its mailed head a bit, obviously distasteful of these men.

“Well, tell me at least why ye’re here. Do me that one ‘fore we yank ya down offa that pretty horse and skin ya alive.”

The crusader slid down off the beast and marched up to face this foe. He could almost smell the man’s rancid breath, which stank something like garlic and spoilt milk.

Smiling, the criminal asked, “Perhaps ye’d like ta negotiate?”

Raring back, Forenius struck him in the face with one steel coated fist, breaking the robber’s jaw in three places and busting his nose.

As the dirty peasant looked up at him from the ground, coughing blood, the warrior finally spoke.

“I don’t negotiate with scum. I bring not gold to your coffers nor virgins for your bed. I bring you death. Get up and let us duel, you disgusting filth.”

Reaching out, the brigand was immediately handed a sword by one of his servants, who was pushed away as the blade was drawn from the scabbard.

Forenius drew his claymore from behind his back, the long clean steel shining a vibrant blood red in the dawn light in eerie foreshadowing.

The bleeding outlaw, enraged and out of control, rushed toward the knight, brandishing his weapon like a peasant. Raising his great sword high, the noble took a high guard and parried the attack with ease and knocking the enemy off balance.

Shouting, the immoral man screamed in frustration and began to hack wildly at his opponent, sending glittering sparks of his inferior blade flying through the air each time the professional blocked.

Eventually tiring of the game, Forenius twirled with his weapon locked against that of his foe, nearly disarming him. As the fool attempted to regain his grip, the knight swung about with a blow that nearly severed the man’s left arm, exposing bleeding raw tissue, muscle, and clean white bone to the world.

Tumbling with the impact, the serf fell to the ground, dropping his sword.

Forenius wasted no time, falling upon him almost instantly. He hefted his wet blade high, slinging yet more blood, and struck downwards in a shining arc that cut the thief’s head clean with one blow.

Picking up the rolling cranium, the crusader held it high to all those before him.

“This is your leader and this is your fate if you are to challenge me. I’ve fought worse things than all of you could ever imagine and I will not tolerate your insolence and filth upon my land! You are all but a blight and I would gladly see you all hang, if it wasn’t that I had use of you,” He spoke, visibly curling his upper lip in distaste at the last bit.

Tossing the head aside, he raised his dripping sword and pointed toward the gathered men and shouted, “Swear your oath to me! Give me your fealty, your honor, what of it you have that is. Fighting men are needed now and I’ll not waste you if you’d rather not dangle at the end of a rope.”

One by one, the outlaws took a knee, and following the example set by Forenius, took a vow to the knight, swearing by the gods that they would follow this man until death if necessary.

Upon it being done, the warrior sheathed his blade and looked at the stained faces. Muttering, he whispered just loud enough for the closest to hear, “Who knows? If you follow me, you may yet see heaven.”

The former second in command of the band approached the adventurer as he mounted his steed.

“What would ya be havin’ of us, Master?” The nervous man asked, unsure of his new commander.

“Go to the west until you meet the forests. Turn south. Climb the hill. You will have reached the Petrus Estate, over which I am lord now.”

Reaching into a small pouch, the hero removed a coin and flicked it to the bandit, who failing to catch it in his anxiety, fumbled to retrieve it from the ground.

“Tell them that Forenius has sent you. Be gone by sunset. I’ll be along not long thereafter.” Nudging his mount, the protagonist began to gallop toward the city gates.

The sentries above, having seen the earlier display of arms, opened the portcullis without hesitation after only a few inquiries were answered.

Riding in like a triumphant army, Forenius was welcomed by the townsfolk, who cheered and tossed roses at him, their young girls begging for his favors and asking to bear his children.

He was not interested by this celebration nor the offers of reward and charity. Instead, reigning in at the town center, he waited for the roar of the unwashed masses to cease long enough for him to speak. But no matter how long he sat astride the noble beast with a dour expression spelled across his face, the accumulated throng would not cease their shouting.

Finally, growing frustrated with their childishness, the champion removed the Thunderer from its place upon his belt and raised the hammer high into the air. Heeding the voice that spoke to him from within the mystic weapon, he willed for lightning to strike down upon the statue of the town’s founder that towered above him.

And it was so.

The white bolt scratched across the clear blue sky and smote the stone figure from on high, cracking it cleanly in twain. Crumbling, the idol collapsed in a heap of rubble.

Silence prevailed and Forenius was given the opportunity to voice his mind.

“I need two things. The first is a simple matter and may easily be resolved. I need a mage, a specific mage. He was working upon a cure for the disease of vampirism.”

At the very mention of this illness, the townsfolk backed and shied a bit, like a scolded dog, fearful of this stranger.

“I have it not, but it is for a friend in dire need,” He continued, soothing their frayed nerves a bit with this tidbit of information.

Piping up from the back, a young man spoke, “Arwain the wizard, you mean? Why he’s but three houses down from this very spot you’re standin’ upon.”

Leaping down from the platform, the liberator began his walk to the spell caster’s residence.

“And what would the second thing be, your greatness?” The young man questioned once again.

“Every man older than sixteen capable of holding a sword outside these gates and ready to march in three hours time!” The crusader shouted over his shoulder.

……………………………..

Valonia lay yet another cold rag upon the half elf’s flaming brow, hoping that the fever would break soon. He had lain restless and sweating for far too long. To see such an obviously powerful man rendered as a child by such a foul thing as vampirism filled her heart with sorrow.

She had sat with him with no sleep as of yet, refusing to be relieved by the maids nor even the local priestess from the chapel. She was ragged and tired, but she was damned if her ward, this man who had saved her brother’s life, would fall to such a sickness.

The young lady was startled by a sudden voice behind her, whispering into her ear. Turning, she saw her nursemaid from her childhood looking down upon her with those always sad pouting blue eyes of hers.

The kindly old lady laid a hand upon her shoulder and Valonia grasped it in her own frail delicate fingers.

“Nanny, what are we to do?” She asked, taking a look at the plump old woman leaning on her rickety old cane with begging eyes.

“Take care of him, watch out for him. Make sure nothin’ bad happens, dear. Pray that your brother finds the cure,” She replied. Pursing her wrinkled lips, she asked, “Why don’t you let me take this watch, hun? You look so dreadfully beat…”

Staring into the elder’s eyes, Valonia said all she needed to with one look that told all.

Shaking her head, the sitter gathered her shawl and waddled out from the room, but not without leaving one final warning.

“Best watch yerself. When he comes outta that, yer gonna ‘ave a man on yer hands, honey,” She laughed, knowing exactly what the girl was thinking.

……………………………..

Having arrived at the magician’s household, Forenius beat upon the door with gauntlet covered hand, impatiently waiting for a response.

He knocked for another five minutes to no avail when he became resolute that something was wrong.

The crusader drew his great sword and began to hack away at the door, eventually reducing it to splinters. Kicking in the remnants, he burst into the foyer, nowhere near ready for what waited.

What he saw there would stay with him for the rest of his days.

Abattoir Chapter 2!

Last edited by Jack_D.Mented on Sun May 14, 2006 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you like the new chappy. Cool decision point, eh?

Pretty much wide open on this one, guys. What does Forenius behold in the chamber before him?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: