Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
CC2!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: CC2! Reply with quote

At long last, the Kingsmen are finally sponsoring another character contest. The rules are the same as before, except the word limit is being extended to 500 instead of 250.

Final drafts must be in by feb 15, and voting ends on the 30th, Click here for the entry fee. oh, and don't forget to add a message saying what it's for, so we don't get it mixed up with the poetry contest.

So let the creative juices flow and have fun!

Whodunnit?On hold till further notice
I Don't Believe in Fate: Chapter 13 is now released
Lost n' Spacey On hold till Further Notice

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
(")_(")into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Last edited by Geek_girl72 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam

People whispered about the odd young man. He loomed large at 6'7", most of his hight coming from his slender, dancer's legs. Shoulders as wide as a fridge and muscles that spoke an active life instead of hours in the gym gave him a hard edge. Conversation never stopped on his account, but it certainly changed when he entered the room.

His hair was chestnut, threaded with copper and shot with gold, swept in glimmering wings across haunted hazel eyes. His face could have come from any classical greek sculpting...yet it was not memorable beauty. Not with a mouse rising on his left temple and a still healing split in his lower lip as silent testimony of his inability to walk away from a damsel in distress.

His clothing was battered, from the third hand sneakers held together by duct-tape and chewing gum, to his jeans cobbled together from the scraps of six different pairs. A battered denim jacket, also much patched, with stained lambswool around the collar was shrugged off to reveal an A-shirt that was resonably clean. A stars and stripes bandanna was wrapped around his left knee.

A tattoo of a camoflaged asian dragon coiled on his right shoulder. It cluched a live granade in it's three toed paw, the pin dangling from it's savage jaws. His arms, covered with colorless downy hair, were traversed by enough scars to look like a New York City street-map. One nasty scar ran down his chest, vanishing where the shirt blocked the view. He tersely snarled at gawkers, wishing they would get a life other than his.

Fishing into his pocket he pulled out a dog eared picture, rubbing it with his thumb. The faces of the figures had been worn away by this action repeated so many times over the course of what seemed like a lifetime. Tension ran through him, drawing eyes that wondered if he was likely to explode into violence, but he merely put the photo away. It did no good to dream of a home he no longer had.

Conversations people tried to start with him, men and women alike, were all met by a stoney silence that made them wriggle in their seats while he stared over the top of his folded hands. His hands were massive, with long calloused fingers that bespoke a blue collar job...construction maybe although his nails were clean and well kept. The callouses on his kuckles told a completely different story, one that usually was counted with broken bones.

Unable to stand the scrutiny of people who didn't know him any longer, he dropped change on the counter for an drink he'd never recived. Bursting into the open air he began to walk, shoulders slumped, hands jammed in pockets. An air of pain seeped out with every limping step he took, blood beginning to stain the left leg of his pants.

Then it came. The striking knife flashed. It was swiftly countered by a throat blow that left the attacker dead. Nobody messed with Liam...

Used an online word counter...hope the count's right. Otherwise I'll edit...

"Music makes you braver."
Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, only one so far. Thanks Rai, hopefully more peole will jump on the bandwagon later on.

(\__/)
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Okay, I know this isn't very descriptive but...after using it in one of my in the works projects I couldn't resist))

Rebecca

When I was younger, I used to think my younger sister was the most beautiful girl in the world. Now although I have to admit my sister isn't the most beautiful girl in the entire world, I still have to say that she is stunning.

To describe my sister in mere words would be an impossible task, but I with some vanity set about the task of describing her in both word and sketch.

Putting pencil to paper, I watched as my H9 pencil began to gingerly shape her gentle but fierce face. It took me hours to do, but finally with the help of shading provided by my B2 pencil I looked at the finished work.

A young girl who although sixteen at the time looked out to her viewer, viewers who would have sweared she was at least twenty. Her head was a jaunty angle that seemed both mocking and friendly. A pair of wide eyes, that would have been a light hazel green if the picture had been anything but black and white, seemed to laugh and practically jump out of the page. Softly rendered pencil drawn hair that should have been light reddish blond curled around her face disobediently as the rest was pushed backwards to a loose bun that was pulled half way out of its ponytail holder. Finally, my favorite feature of this picture, the thing that seemed to make this picture look exactly like the live article was her smile.

Her smile was wide, carefree, and large, as she held none of her pearly whites from view. Two laugh lines around her mouth, one slightly deeper than the other with a small dimple hidden its depths, showed that this picture was drawn with the subject had been laughing at some private joke between the artist and herself. Finally, a pair of crow’s feet to deep for her age from her laughter that ever echoed in the house finished the picture.

On the back was simply vote privately by myself when I was alone later in the day,...it began with the same paragraph that I began this story with and continued with this:

I don't know how but my sister always seems to sparkle and shine even on her worst days. I think it has something to do with her gigantic smile, which spreads from ear to ear on her face. Or perhaps it is the way her eyes light up when she laughs. Or the fact that her hair always lays perfectly despite the fact it took all of two minutes to do.

In all honesty, I don't know exactly what it is that makes her beautiful, but perhaps now you can tell me.

((Credits: The character I discribed above is actually my younger sister Rebecca who is now seventeen. I would like to thank her for unknownigly being me victim in some many pictures and stories. Also, I must ask you all to never to tell her about any of this becasue if she found out she'd kill me!

Oh, and I hope I got under the word limit, I think I did at least!))
Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersting one din, since it has a sort of double characterization of both sisters.

(\__/)
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smiles* Thanks GG, like I said, I couldn't resist.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't tell Din...Liam's not entirely made up himself. And yes, he'd kill me.

Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! Shocked

(\__/)

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...what do we get in return?
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winner gets the pool of all fees. 10 Fables fees, I believe. So far, there's 20 Fables in the pool. So the more people participate, the larger the pool.

I have to sumbit something when I have time.
Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the poll is up. There are only two of you, so the voting will be shortened to the 20th.

(\__/)
Geek_girl72
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Rai, expect your reward today or tomorrow.

(\__/)
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw well...next time I suppose. Congrats Rai.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much guys. The character Liam is from a story of mine that I may or may not post on IF. Keep your eyes open and I'll see you next CC.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: