Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Tale of IF, part II. Chapter 11 - The Last Time?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: A Tale of IF, part II. Chapter 11 - The Last Time? Reply with quote

Last edited by Chinaren on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:32 am; edited 21 times in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: A Tale of IF. Part II. Prologue - Party! Reply with quote

A Tale of IF. Part II.

Prologue.

The sun was just peeking over the horizon. Rays of orange light filtered through rooftops that glistened with frost. The air was still and clear, the only sound being the twittering of the occasional early bird, out shopping for worms.

Sandra gingerly stepped around patches of slippery ice, her high heeled shoes making a clicking noise on the cobbled street. It was very early, or late depending upon your point of view, and she was making her way home in the dingy Muaddib district after a hard night’s work.

‘The Spammer’ was the latest nightclub to open its doors, and had quickly become the place to be seen for the hip and trendy* citizens of IF. Smee had popped in, and had been on top form, hiring several of the business girls to ‘perform’ for him in the private rooms at the back of the club.

Sandra rubbed a sore spot on her arm where the straps had been too tight, and yawned. She was tired, and hence didn’t notice the strangely colored tear in IFspace-time opening up in a nearby alley until it was too late. There was a sucking sound, a brief scream cut short, then silence. Only a shiny red stiletto, left standing forlornly on the side of the road, was evidence that anyone had been there at all.

*At least they thought they were trendy. It will be up to history to judge whether a tight fitting black and white striped shirt matches baggy pink pantaloons.

>

T’was a night slightly after Christmas, and all through the house nothing was stirring. Not even a mouse. Next door now, well, that was a different story altogether…

>

CyrstalNightShade pounded on the thin divider of her tiny room, denting the Chinaren Inc. ‘Low Income housing for Newbies’ wall. “Shut up!” She shouted, to no avail. No wonder this apartment had been so cheap, despite being in the ‘Big Nobs’ district. The bloody neighbors were up around the clock it seemed, partying all hours of the night and day.

Crady, as she liked to be called, buried her head under the smelly pillow and thought about the people she had seen walking in and, much later, staggering out of the large mansion next door. Obviously someone important lived there, but she had only been in the City a couple of days and she hadn’t found out who it was. She blocked her ears as a small explosion echoed around the sky.

Finally the noise started to die down, and she began to drift off into an overdue slumber, only to be abruptly woken again by flashes of light and loud cracks as a variety of fireworks exploded in the night sky.

“That’s it!” Crady threw the flimsy covers of her bed back and stomped angrily over to her closet, a distance of several footsteps. She yanked at the cupboard door hard, pulling the entire thing off its hinges in her haste.

“Cheap crap!” She swore, and fumbled around for some sort of clothing. It wasn’t easy to see in the dim light and small room, but she final managed to pull on a gown and socks and stalk out of the small accommodation, slamming the door behind her.

Down rickety stairs she half ran, half flew, into the night, which was promptly illuminated with a blue explosion of stars, closely followed by loud crackling noises.

Crady scowled and marched up to the large gates.

“Hoy! Where’s your invitation? Council Members and guests only.” A large figure dressed in black body armor held a hand out, in the time honored manner of bouncers everywhere. Large white letters on his chest proclaimed him to be an ASS*. Another guard, dressed in the same uniform, stood next to him and nodded.

Crady scowled, but nodded. “Okay then.” She flexed her wings.

“And don’t try flying in either, his Majesty isn’t as stupid as he looks. He has wards n’ stuff up there.” The ASS man folded his arms and looked smug beneath his helmet.

“Is that who lives here? The King?”

“Nah, this is Chinaren Hall. The King lives in the palace, up that way.” The guard waved off to the right somewhere.

“Chinaren Hall? Chinaren? He’s my landlord.” Inspiration struck. “Look, I really have to see him. I owe him rent you see. Two months backdated. I have the money here, in my pouch.” She patted her pocket and put on her best poker face.

The guard looked doubtful. “I dunno…” He began.

“Better let her in Bert,” said the second ASS, speaking for the first time. “You know how tight he is about money.”

“That’s right. He was talking to me about it today, said it was urgent,” Crady spoke up quickly.

“Well, okay then, but be quick. And no helping yourself to the food either.” He jerked his thumb.

“Thanks,” said the Nightshade. She skipped through the gates and moved quickly up the gravel path, stepping over the body of several revelers who had apparently died rather than leave early.

“Must be a good party,” she muttered to herself.

“Drink madam?” A strange green and slightly froglike female in a rather daring outfit offered her a tray loaded with drinks, some of them appeared to be smoking.

“Ah, well, I’m not really a guest you see…”

“Oh, good.” The green figure grinned and proceeded to knock back several blue beverages in quick succession. She belched enormously and then smiled. “Me neither. I just got in pretending to be serving staff.”

Crady smiled. “Well, perhaps just one. What’s this called?” She pointed at a purple drink that was bubbling. Several unidentified bits bobbed in it.

“The Tired of Death? That’s a good one. They say Chinaren himself invented it after drinking hard for three weeks non stop, and is no way any kind of advertisement for the top SGame in IF.”

“I think I’ll check it out.” She took a long pull from the glass whilst CrunchyFrog looked on with interest.

“I don’t feel any different,” Crady said after a short pause. “Though you look taller somehow.”

“That’s possibly because you are lying on the ground.”

“Oh.” Crady blinked several times. “Wow. That’s a good drink.”

“Why are you here anyway?” Crunchy asked as she helped her to her feet and passed her another glass, an orange one with a slice of lemon this time.

“This! This noise! This party!” She waved her hands around, spilling drink on the gravel, which fizzed and smoked where the liquid touched. “Whaa…What is it anyway?”

“Oh, that’s easy. It’s the ‘Very Biggest Nobs New Year bash’.”

“But it has been going on for three days!”

“Yes, well, they like to start early, get a good run-up so to speak. You’re new here aren’t you?”

Crady sniffed her drink, which made her eyes water. She put it back on the tray. “Yes, been here about four days now.”

Crunchy smiled and put an arm around her shoulder. “Then let me show you around.” She guided Crady up the path, rather unsteadily, and into the main hall….

*Anti Spam Squad. The City’s not very secret, but quite efficiently brutal, police.

>>>>>>

Just a prologue this time folks. A DP will appear next chapter!

<<<<<<

Smudger
Citizen

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Good start China, want to see more! Didn't see any spelling mistakes so no corrections. Crady? Surprised
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Finally!

But you've still not re-released GREED...

Tea Cures All.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good! Made me chuckle... Very Happy

And yup, now I've read it I dont mind you writing in a female CF for this one - CF has appeared as a golden frog in IM's storygame, so I guess Crunchyfrog can be whatever anyone wants him to be! Very Happy

(and you never can tell with amphibians, I guess!)

Strange, though, you're the second author to link CF to knocking back the booze...

*slurp*

I wonder why that ish..

*glug*

Mebbe *hic* I'm *beeeelllchh!!* shtarting to get a repr.. reptubta...er...reptitai.... *hic*... repertashe...reptetation???

*Thud!!*
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny. Cool
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay...a new IF tale.

"Music makes you braver."
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm serious about that GREED thing you know. It was promised almost six months ago.

Can I be a slave dealer on this one?

Tea Cures All.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Blacksmith wrote:
I'm serious about that GREED thing you know. It was promised almost six months ago.

Can I be a slave dealer on this one?

GREED is seriously a lot of work for me Whitey and I don't have enough time at the moment. However, once I finish Tired of Death, which is starting to enter the endgame, I will think about beginning book 2.

I shouldn't really start this one just now either, but I don't plan on ToI2 being too long. It's mainly to explain my absence last month. Very Happy

BTW, this party is the one that caused 'Hangover', just to keep things flowing.
Alegria
Honored Citizen

Topics: 76
Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice!

I wonder what will transpire at this most excellent party.

-Friedrich Dürrenmatt

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm, I can't really recall that party. Spent most of it with a giant lampshade on my head and some smoking villager kebabs in my talons.

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that makes it different to every other part6y you've attended because..?

Just want to know- was I in there or was that the time you'd got those new guards and I spent the whole night(and day, anbd night again) out there trying to convinced them that I was a real, important Ifian and not just some vagabond who had stolen a name off the lists of dead ifians?

Tea Cures All.

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Crunchy smiled and put an arm around her shoulder. “Then let me show you around.” She guided Crady up the path, rather unsteadily, and into the main hall….

Wow a chappy for me... actiolly it's phang that helped me out. and i didn't meet cruncy at that time. and in the first day i have posted my first story.

Great chap china... I'd like to read more. Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow a chappy for me... actiolly it's phang that helped me out. and i didn't meet cruncy at that time. and in the first day i have posted my first story.

At least that's what you remember. Don't worry, it will all be explained later. Laughing
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 1. Yellow Button.

“Here is the main hall,” Crunchy waved her hand, sloshing more drink onto the luxurious orange carpet. “All the biggest nobs,” she winked, “are here.”

“Really?” Crady craned her head around curiously.

The scene was one of luxurious anarchy. The grand hall thronged with weird and wonderful (but mostly weird) characters.

“Which one is Chinaren?” asked Crady.

“That orange windbag?” Crunchy Frog looked around, squinting through a drink induced haze. “I can’t see him, but there is Smee.”

He pointed to a wild haired character dancing on table, surrounded very closely by several ladies with too much makeup and not enough clothes.

“They will catch their death of a chill like that,” said Crady.

“I don’t know, he keeps them pretty active, if you know what I mean.” Frog winked an eye and leered at Crady.

“Hey! What’s going on?” said the Nightshade.

“What do you mean?” Crunchy Frog looked down at himself.

“A minute ago you were female!”

Frog shrugged his shoulders, which were now garbed in a green silk shirt. “Amphip…amflip…amfer.. frogs can be whatever they want,” he said. “Fancy a dance?”

“I don’t think so,” Crady eyed her new friend closely. “And don’t you think you have had enough to drink?”

“Oh, you can never have enough,” said Frog, taking a deep swig from a tall thin glass.

“Hey! You two!” A voice came from nearby. “Why aren’t you at your stations?”

A small figure wearing white robes and a haggard look approached. “I don’t remember you from the work roster.”

“We are new,” said Frog.

“Well, your tray needs refreshing, and you are out of uniform.” The White Blacksmith pulled a clipboard from somewhere and started to check it, but was interrupted by a female form dressed in a purple dress that was more daring than anything Smee’s friends had on.

“Whitey! Are you bothering the guests?” The new figure winked at Crady and took a pull from a black bottle.

“They are staff, at least I think so! Why do I have to work anyway? I am a full Council Member you know! Why did Smee assign me to do all the work?”

Phang hiccupped and put her arm around Whitey in a friendly fashion. “I reckon’ he fancies you,” she winked again.

“Oh heavens above!” Whitey went whiter than usual.

Phang attempted to tap her nose, but missed. “S’okay, I won’t tell anyone.” She turned to Crady. “Hey, not seen you here before. Name’s Phang.”

Crady allowed herself to be shaken by the hand and led away as Whitey attempted to get a not interested Crunchy frog to serve the guests. “I’m new here,” she said again.

“Well, I can tell that. I mean you must be the only sober one here.” She proffered her bottle. “Here, take a swig of this, it’s good for what ails you.” She watched as Crady took a cautious sip of the drink, and then spend the next minute coughing and gasping for breath.

“Wh…what is that?” The Nightshade panted, wiping her eyes and trying to stand upright.

“Very very illegal, even here,” Phang sniggered. “Come on, let’s get you something a little milder.” She guided Crady over to the long bar set against one wall. “Hey Lordy, what’s up?” Phang waved at a tall dark figure who was talking to a large scaly figure with a lampshade on its head.

“Hey Phang,” Lordy waved long nailed fingers at her. “Would you talk to Rai? She’s convinced she is a hatstand or somesuch”

“Any idiot can see I am a lamp,” replied the figure from under the lampshade.

“This is…” Phang turned to Crady. “What’s your name?”

“I’m CristalNightShade,” said Crady, “but most people just call me Crady, for short.”

“You are a lamp shade?” asked Lordy, mishearing. “Maybe you can talk to Rai then.”

“Give her a break,” said Phang. “She hasn’t even got a drink yet.” She waved a hand around, knocking a hapless reveler out in the process. “Hey Bartend!”

An imposing figure with a large wolf head walked over and growled. “What?” It snapped.

“Get our friend here a drink would you Fenris? Something not too strong, she’s new here.”

Fenris snarled at Crady, causing her to flinch, but reached for a tall bottle full of luminous yellow liquid. “How about a ‘Iced Lost Soul’?”

“Wunerful,” said Phang.

Crady watched as Fenris carefully mixed a variety of brightly hued drinks together, stirred it gently and added ice and a lemon. He pushed it over to Nightshade. “Don’t bump it,” he advised, before slinking off to serve someone else.

Crady took a small taste of the Lost Soul and smacked her lips. It was bitter but not bad. She looked around. Phang, LordoftheNight and the lamp that was called Rai were involved in a heated debate about where to hide a chair leg that belonged to someone called Smudger. She wandered off, heading towards a dark corner, trying to avoid the crowds for a moment.

“Hey, careful!” Said a voice.

“Sorry!” Crady looked around to see a hooded female shape mostly hidden in the shadows. “I didn’t see you there.”

“That’s okay,” said the person. “You don’t like parties either then?”

Crady shrugged. “I am new here. Truth be told I am a little lost.”

“I am Dinranwen,” said the cloaked form.

“Nice to meet you Dinnerhen,” said Nightshade. “What do you do in IF?”

Dinranwen heaved a deep sigh at the mangling of her name. “I am HEM mod. Well, co-mod with Rai actually.”

“The one that thinks she is a lamp?”

“Yes, too much Old Stoat Highly Peculiar. It has a funny effect on Rai for some reason. I told her to cut back, but does she listen?”

“Does she?”

“No. Few people here really do actually.”

“Oh.” Crady sipped her Lost Soul and looked around again. A fight appeared to have broken out in the middle of the dance floor between two of Smee’s companions. They rolled about on the floor whilst a crowd cheered them on, occasionally taking bets.

“Is it always like this?”

“What? Oh no. Later on it will liven up a bit. It’s still early yet.”

Crady took a deeper drink of Soul as one of the floozies sat on the other’s head and bounced up and down, to loud shouts of encouragement from the onlookers. A sudden urge took her.

“Where is the… you know.”

“Up the stairs, second on your right, third on your left, fourteenth door after the turning.”

“Thanks,” Crady nodded at the HEM Mod and worked her way through the crowds towards the grand staircase, avoiding one fight, two recumbent bodies and several attempts by revelers to invite her to a ‘nice’ place for tea and biscuits.

Eventually she made her way up the huge marble staircase and walked down a random corridor lined with statues of some squat hairy monster. Taking the second left and the third right, she was soon hoplessly lost in a maze of passageways.

Sipping at her drink she jiggled up and down as the urge for toilet became more pressing. Eventually, just as she was considering going behind a large potted plant, she spotted a familiar figure in a green dress walking around a corner.

“Froggy!” Crady ran awkwardly after her friend. Turning the corner, she was just in time to see a door close.

Walking carefully up she opened it a crack and peered in.

The room beyond was white and filled with strange looking equipment with flashing lights. In the center a large device hummed with latent power. Four figures were surrounding it. One was Crunchy, back in her female form. One was short and highly orange, and another was a huge round man dressed in purple robes, a glass crown was perched precariously on his head. The final one was garbed in a long black robe and held some kind of long wand.

The hooded figure was speaking.

“…left me for dead in the Mod Machine explosion, but I lived! I lived!!” It cackled madly. “Worse for you, it left me with strange supermodlike powers. Powers I can’t control properly yet I admit, but I will work them out given time.”

“You will never get away with this,” the fat man spoke with authority.

“Ahh, but there you are wrong Key. With you and Chinaren out of the way, my colleagues and I in the League of Revengers will be able to carry out our cunning plans for vengeance upon IF! No more will you stand in our way!”

“I killed you once Evil Homer, I can do it again.” The orange figure spoke for the first time.

“Ah, my dear Chinaren, but you will not be here. You see this machine? I stole it from Chinaren Labs inc. storage. Yes! That’s right! Your very own device will be your undoing!”

“This? The Exorcism machine? I can get out of the Well easily enough. You will merely inconvenience me.”

“If this was still set to the Well, then yes, you would be right. But I have made modifications. Evil modifications!” So saying, the hooded man flipped a switch. The machine in the middle of the room hummed with a more urgent tempo, and a purple light began to form in the center of the room.

“Say goodbye to IF Chinaren!”

Crady stifled a gasp. She had to do something! Taking a fortifying swig of drink, she crept forward, sneaking up behind EvilHomer who was still laughing evilly.

The purple hole in IFspace-time was growing larger, and the humming louder. Crady ran the last few steps and smashed her drink over the head of the evil-doer, showering him in beverage and knocking him forward into the control panel.

“Crady!” Shouted Frog.

EvilHomer bounced off the control panel, grasping at it and pressing several buttons at random as he did so.

The vortex suddenly throbbed an urgent red-blue color and pulsed violently, expanding rapidly.

“Get back!” Shouted Key, diving for cover, losing his crown in the process.

“NNnoooooO!” Evil Homer screamed as the vortex howled and sucked him in, stretching his figure like rubbed before engulfing him completely.

“Crady! Hold on!” Crunchy leaped for Nightshade, bumping into Chinaren as she did so and knocking them all over. All three, clutching at each other all the while, were pulled along the floor and towards the vortex.

“Key!! Hit the off switch!” Cried Chinaren as they tried to hold onto the marble floor. He looked at Crady. “Hey, don’t you owe me some rent?”

Key rolled around, trying to right himself. He did so and inched towards the control panel. “Which button?
He cried over a growing howl.

“Don’t touch the yellow one,” shouted Chinaren back.

“The yellow one? Okay!”

“NooooO!” All three shouted as Key pressed the yellow button.

There was an explosion. Chinaren, Crunchy and Crady were sucked into the vortex, spinning round madly all the while. The last thing Crady saw was a large explosion, which blew Key across the room to land on his head.

Then it all went black.

>

Chinaren woke up. He was laying on someone dressed in a tight fitting green dress. A little way away was another figure in robes and mismatched socks. As he watched, she stirred and moaned. “What happened? Where are we?”

Chinaren rubbed his head. “A good question. Key pressed the ‘random’ button on the Exorciser just as we went through. He looked around and groaned. “Oh no.”

>>>>>>

So, where have they ended up? Suggestions please!

<<<<<<

Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, China!

Although I note two things:

A: I wasn't mentioned at the party.

B: The strange figure that is supposedly EvilHomer has Super-Mod powers, just like your's truly. Hmmmmm.

The first thought that popped into my mind was that they were dead or in the realm of dead IFians. Then I realized that was too easy. So I began the thinking process and came up with this:

They've been shrunk and stuck in one of the numerous beverages at the party and are about to be consumed.

...No plans yet.
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....nice chapter Chinaren. And if I recall rightly, that was a perfectly lovely corner, nice and fluffy shadows. *smiles*

Okay, so we need someplace really, really horrible, evil, and terrifing for Crunchy, Chinaren, Nightshade, Key, and Crunchy to be. But not so evil, horrible, and terrifing that Crunchy can't get back in time for Hangover to take place.

So while, Chinaren and Co. ending up in beverages certainly sounds like the perfect twist of fate since it has a certain amount of irony in it, Such a fate is not nearly horrible enough!

Luckily, I have the perfect, horrible, evil, twisted, horrifing, mind numbing, run for your lives sort of place that Chinaren and Co. would deserve in the eyes of Evil Homer.....

*Cue scary movie music please*

Chinaren and Co are in.....

*Dum Dum Dum Dum*

RL! Mad Mad Mad Embarrassed Confused Surprised Sad Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinranwen wrote:
But not so evil, horrible, and terrifing that Crunchy can't get back in time for Hangover to take place.

Ahh, I wouldn't worry about that - there's a rip in IFian space-time - according to the prologue, anyways, and Chin's made his reappearance in Hangover through such a described hole, there's no reason why the other travellers can't return before or after one another. Although how it could be written might be interesting.

The gender mutation is an interesting one - Very Happy I hadn't made the connection between the Crunchyfrog character and the ability for some frogs to change gender. Ingenious! I like!

*sits back and gets ready to enjoy the journey*
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, don't worry, Crunchy (and maybe Crady) will be in time for the Hangover. It will all fall into place.

I was thinking along the lines of Parallel Dimension for their destination, but shrunk and RL are good too! Keep em coming. Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the shrunken idea was fairly amusing, but I'm not sure how'd they be able to escape from it.

If it's the IF - Space/Time that's changed, how about transporting them back to the days of Interfable? Only Key was around back then, and he was very different. (Less fat for one thing).

It'd also be an excuse to revive some of the old-school IFians, for one last send off.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...how about the City of OF? Maybe together with the parallel universe idea - that OF is like the City of IF, but all the characters have opposite personalities.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did consider that actually, maybe Crimzons world.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice China...only one bone to pick with you....I don't get drunk. I take lot's of pictures from my hidden lampshade cam. Handy blackmail...*clears throat*

I'm all up for Crymmy's World, after all what's one more militant reporter baying for blood, but I think it would be funny if you were stuck in RL or worse...on the great GOOGLE webpage from which you must conduct a laborius search to return to IF?

Or what about Town of FI...the anti-IF that's got everybody as their complete polar opposite...not just in power and position but in personality too?

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, me like... Does that mean I'll be a cruel, sane, unimportant black centeur?

Tea Cures All.

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, don't worry, Crunchy (and maybe Crady) will be in time for the Hangover. It will all fall into place.

I'll bet on that. and as for split personalities ah that's another story.

Loved it china... M. the spirit world will be good. Or wait you guys find me involentarily changing forms... mostly at darkness a panther. hhehe.

Well. Liked the idea about the machine. But I'm sure the king won't be found making a mistake.

I do love parties I don't drink though only on specail ocasions. And i get hiperactive when i eat sweats and then i'm a jollie girl who loves dancing... and I love poems. I love researching and i love my AIA Arceaology work Very Happy

I don't know all the places in If, but I make my own places up. Maybe you can mention my brother and sister falling trough the machine and me saying goodbye. Razz Razz
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shudders* Anything but FI, I can only imagine what would happen if my personality was reveresed, and the ideas that occur are enough to give me nightmares for weeks.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinranwen wrote:
*shudders* Anything but FI, I can only imagine what would happen if my personality was reveresed, and the ideas that occur are enough to give me nightmares for weeks.

Hmm, something like an exotic dancer spring to mind. Would that be open enough for you?

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this chapter, and I like all the ideas suggested. Can't wait for the poll. Very Happy

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I missed this! Stupid! Stupid! lol, I like how you portrayed me Chin, thanks for even including me Very Happy Drug dealing roxorz!

I say they end up in some mixed up fantasy world, bunch of fairy tale creatures running around like Very Happy Red Riding hood and such. It would be interesting.
Mastermind
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're transported through time to City of IF in the future!
Maybe.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Masterminds and Fenris's answer to this... take future fantasy along with floating spirits and comedy-creatures... Razz
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think FI would rule.

Tea Cures All.
Phang
Elder

Topics: 25

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the alternate dimension with the reversed personalities idea best. Mostly because I'm going through a phase of such things - maybe my opinion will change later.

Of course, this means I might be a witless angel whom everyone takes notice of because, well, I'm everywhere.

Anyway, let's all hope EvilHomer doesn't come back and whine mistaken identity. Na'fense. Wink
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy said
Quote:
Hmm, something like an exotic dancer spring to mind. Would that be open enough for you?

*turns completly bright red even her cloak as clouds of smoke rise from where Din's ears are presumably located*

If you know what's good for you, none of you, I repeat none of you will so much as think that again.

*shudders* The very idea of me wearing anything else but a completly covering cloak and a dress is *turns redder* ridicolous.

Please remember, *turns to her normal shade* no one sees what happens in the shadows.*smiles threantenily*
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, poll is up. Time to swallow the pie of voting...

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for ma suggestion! Fairy tale world!
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to vote for FI. Would that make me a FIian? A naiFI?

Tea Cures All.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! It's really interesting and entertaining, to tell the truth and of course alternate, reverse dimensions rule!

© 2007-2019 Lilith

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! No people! No! Vote Fairy tale! Fairy tale with wierd personalities!
Alegria
Honored Citizen

Topics: 76
Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for the opposite universe. A place where I might be normal, on 24/7, sane, love gender confusion (stay away crunchy!), and... not horrible to look at!

---> me here Mad

---> me in alternate world Cool

(cue psycho music)

Good story, China!

-Friedrich Dürrenmatt

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Poll. Finally.
'If argonaut escapes, the world will fall as he will meet himself and turn evil, destroying all of humanity as he believes himself to be the world's greatest evil. You must not let the clone get away!'
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Ren needs to meet all the Newbs that signed up since he 'left'
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
If China meets any of the newbs before his time, there will be a paradox, caused by Chinaren gaining foreknowledge of the newbs. Or something.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6
Who Voted: Chinaren, Crossfire, Lilith, Mastermind, NeverNeverGirl, The White Blacksmith

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: