Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
BREAK IT: listings for DP's with tied votes

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: BREAK IT: listings for DP's with tied votes Reply with quote

BREAK IT The Thread Where Begging is Socially Acceptable

When a poll results in a tie, an author has a choice of three resolutions:

* Combine all tied options into the next chapter
    * Break the tie yourself
    * Beg an outsider to vote
This thread is intended to help with the last resolution, because sometimes you can't combine options and you don't want to influence the DP yourself. If your storygame is locked in a tie that must be broken, at least you now have a place where you can ask for help.

If politely asking seems inadequate, you can try begging. If begging doesn't work, you can try bribing. If BRIBING doesn't work, go to the "BREAK IT NOW!" thread (Coming Soon!) where you can try other forms of coersion such as blackmailing, violence, and mind control.

Benefits
I would like to remind any potential saviors out there of the benefits to breaking a tie. First of all, you have the gratitude of the author and the readers who would like to see the storygame continue. Secondly, generosity is good for the soul. And most importantly, your vote is the most pivotal. Presuming there aren't any last second voters after you, you aren't just casting a vote, you are the executive decision that chooses the path the storygame takes. It may as well be a story written JUST FOR YOU. Sweet, right?

Polish Your Knees
Step right up, and kneel right down, everyone is invited! Authors, readers, and random benefactors are all welcome!
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: MIG vote Reply with quote

Not only am I the founder of this thread, I am also a customer!

Murder in the Intergalactic Garden needs a tie broken, especially since this is a murder mystery so of course I know which option is best! I'm really excited about this storygame and I want to get started on the next chapter, but until I know the result of the poll I can't!

Can you spare me a couple of mouse clicks? Here's a groovy little synopsis:

Murder in the Intergalactic Garden
John Dunaway is investigating the murder of Victor Clemens, who was shot in the Garden where guns aren't allowed. We've questioned officers with special clearance to carry weapons into the Garden, now we're deciding where to investigate next. The tie is between these two options:

Search the system database for recent significant events
    Go to the Morgue, investigate Victor Clemens body more closely, speak with Milo Jones
Search the system database for recent significant events
The main argument for searching the database is that a map of the Garden was found that had markings that seem to include times, so maybe there are reports available to coordinate with those times. This option would also spend more time looking in the system for other clues, and since there seems to be some sort of tampering with profiles, perhaps this is a good place to look.

Go to the Morgue, investigate Victor Clemens body more closely, speak with Milo Jones
The main argument for going to the Morgue is that the body may have more clues which may be susceptible to tampering if not investigated right away. The estimated time of death is too wide of a window, so if a more accurate time of death can be determined it would help rule out innocent suspects. Milo Jones can be found at the Morgue as well. He is an expert of the ship who may have more information about how someone could tamper with the system database.

Naturally, I'd be thrilled if you wanted to do your own investigation, in fact that is the main appeal of the game, that there is tons of supplemental material to dig through looking for clues. Maybe you'll find something the others missed.

Thanks for reading! And if anyone else out there has a tie, maybe we can do a trade?

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
warriorofdoom
Resident

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tie has been broken, Lebrenth!

This is quite a interesting thread and I could find it useful later on when I add my first poll for my SG. I also promise to follow MIG closely from now on, and actually play the game.

Have fun writing your next chapter!! Wink
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you warriorofdoom! It's a big relief knowing I can start the next chapter soon. You're just starting in IF, aren't you? I hope you enjoy yourself here! As a way of saying thank you, and just because I felt like it, I replied to your prologue for Legion of Soul Breakers and look forward to reading your first chapter!

Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I would have to come here sooner or later, but I didn't guess I would be the second customer!

Nightmares Triology

This is a story about 3 bank robbers, who are up against something even more evil. They just did their first robbery,which was interrupted by another gang of robbers, and got out of the city, but one of them has been shot. The cops also have a vague idea of where we are, so something must be done about the wounded robber, and we can't afford to do nothing about the cops. The tie is between these options.

Organize something privately for Joe, and try to frame the other robbers.

The main argument for this choice is that, while Joe needs medical attention, going to the hospital would blow our cover. So it would be safer to organize something privately, while framing the other robbers and sending the police off on a goose chase.

Send Joe to the hospital and try to get information from Sergent Luke Thomas.

Sergent Luke Thomas is our inside man, but we haven't spoken to him yet. We know almost nothing about him, but it would be a great gamble if he is willing to join our forces. Joe does need medical attention, and it would be better to send him to the hospital, with a good story of how he got shot. (NOTE- I will decide the next line of action if Luke joins forces(Or doesn't)).

Okay, I'm done with my part, and I hope any one you IFians out there come out to help me!!

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
warriorofdoom
Resident

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tie broken... This is such a fun thread!
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: MIG vote, again! Reply with quote

Murder in the Intergalactic Garden needs another tie broken. The investigation has made a breakthrough by discovering the murder weapon, but there are other problems on the ship that are fighting for attention. Here's the synopsis:

Murder in the Intergalactic Garden
Aboard a large spacecraft, John Dunaway is investigating the murder of Victor Clemens, who was shot in the Garden where guns aren't allowed. One of the murder suspects, Vladimir Stokov, has sabotaged the ship's cameras and has a warrant out for his arrest. Also, an intruder that is some unknown alien creature has been captured, but is in danger of being killed by enraged passengers. The murder weapon has been identified as the EA carried by a robot (Camoubot 9), but there hasn't been a chance to even retrieve the weapon, much less investigate for more clues. The DP is to determine the immediate next step, knowing that other opportunities will be slipping away.

The tie is between these two options:

Find and arrest Stokov as soon as possible
    "Disable" the humans, shoot for the legs to protect the alien

Find and arrest Stokov as soon as possible
The main argument for arresting Stokov is that John's commander ordered him to do it right after securing the alien creature. The alien creature doesn't appear to be securable since the ones attacking it won't be scared off without hurting them. Stokov could escape very quickly, and he is a suspect that is known to have sabotaged the ship. Every second counts to try to catch a man who knows the ship very well.

"Disable" the humans, shoot for the legs to protect the alien
The main argument for shooting the humans is that keeping the alien alive may be important. If it is killed, who knows what could be lost? The rampaging humans will not see reason, so shooting their legs will stop them from killing the alien and will hopefully not kill them in the process. Stokov is probably already too far away to catch, it is best to not let the alien die at this time.

More information can be gleaned from the Supplemental Materials, and there is also a Second Poll there to determine the focus of the investigation on the whole. That one isn't tied, but it could be combined more easily. The first DP is the doozy.

So, would someone like to help us out and break the tie?
Click here

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider your poll broken Leb.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lordy! Good to know you're still lurkin' about.

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've got two tied SG's now. Worms of the Wasteland and Murder in the Intergalactic Garden.

WotW is about determining what appears in from out of the sands in front of a man trying to warn the Kingdom of upcoming doom, but is lost in a sandstorm.

MIG is about a security officer being cornered by a rogue robot. They're both armed, but the robot has better reflexes and accuracy.

Could someone spare a moment to check them out?

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and Done Lebby.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to request a good Samaritan to break the deadlock in "The Mongol and the Merman", my SG in the Speedwriting section.
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thank you, Lordy.

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs and kneels down* Okay so this is pretty unusual for me but someone has to do it and I'm not getting the votes I need the normal way.

In Chapter 1, you meet the authors of the tale, one after a rather eventful night of drinking and the other showing off her skills. Needless to say, when someone unexpected knocks at the door, Tika fears she'll be flogged for her thievery.

Then in Chapter 2, another player comes into the scene and demands the two ladies to assist him in .. 'dealing' with the Mayor and his new ridiculous demands.

But in Chapter 3 -.... well I don't know what happens in Chapter 3 yet because I NEED A TIE BREAKER! Please click the above picture, it'll take you straight to the Co-Opted IF Tale - Justice!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken! I chose the all out protest since it sounds more interesting, even though a quieter solution is generally more prudent.

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lebby. Tika will be around to thank you properly later. Wink Tempt

© 2007-2019 Lilith
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need votes in Kissing the Darkness...i repeat...votes are desperately needed

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horror section...Alice...tie needs breaking...4 votes, 3 options and yet it gets tied...just my luck...help out here peoples

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tie is broken in Alice (and I have to say it was a great trip on the way to the poll).

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have waited and waited so now I call upon the Ifians out there to, if they please, break the tie in Children of Leyond. I would, but I'd cheat.

"Music makes you braver."
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternia just needs a single vote to break the tie...just one...just give it a good vote and then I can get my work going again

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help please Eden's Call has a total of 2 votes.. and of course they're 2 different options. I'd like to get my next chapter started because it's been quite awhille since the last.

Thank-you in advance.

© 2007-2019 Lilith

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start reading this tomorrow : EDEN'S CALL is on the list. I'll read it in the morning. Expect a reply soon at gmt +2 5pm...
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: