Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Original Escaping Eternia

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: The Original Escaping Eternia Reply with quote

The night was cold as I stepped out of the empty apartment that I called my home last night. Half a dozen fires scattered throughout the city lit up the night sky as their smoke blanketed out the stars. It’s been a week since the outbreak first began. It all started with a homeless man. That one homeless man had attacked a man with a high position in some skyscraper or another. The homeless man was killed by police after attacking and infecting two more innocent people, the executive went to work and by the end of that day had broken down and infected three others. They went on to infect more and so on and so forth.

Within a week, the city had become complete and utter chaos and I have seemingly found myself completely alone in this hell hole. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve tried to escape on multiple occasions. I really contain no desire to stay behind in this cesspool of murderous cannibalistic monsters but you know how the story goes. Government hears about the zombie outbreak and decides that it’s a much better idea to just contain the situation instead of wasting money on developing some sort of cure for the bloody infection.

As I stepped out of my most recent dwelling, I caught a sight of several of the damnable creatures staggering toward me. With a survivalist instinct, I reached towards the small handgun that I had found on a decomposing officer. Before drawing the pistol I thought carefully . I was down to one clip. A single solitary nine-millimeter clip and considering the fact that I wasn’t in dire straits, I decided leave it, keep my last sixteen shots and just ran ahead of the shufflers. The night air was filled with the various moans and groans of the creatures that now populated Eternia, the city that I once loved. I strolled down the center of the abandoned roads as I made my way toward my destination. Joseph’s Food and Drug, the nearest source of nourishment.

I kept my eyes open as I traveled, narrowly dodging several more of the foul beasts that roamed the city streets. I kept my hand secured on the pistol that was tucked into the waistband of my slacks, never daring to remove it from what would surely become my lifeline.

After three city blocks of walking and evading, I stopped. Something felt off. I gazed around and found two creatures moving toward me. I drew my gun and placed a single shot into the forehead of each. After the rotting things fell, I couldn’t help but gaze around at my surroundings. The air was still. There were no signs of any other shufflers nearby and the only scent of decomposition clung to the duo that I just took out. Something was wrong. I should have at least heard the nearest group but the nearest groans were coming from blocks away. Something was occupying the creature’s time. Something or someone was leading them away from me. Survivors.

That had to be it. There had to be some other incredibly lucky person in the city. Not military. If the military began sweeping through the city, I’d be hearing more gunfire and at the moment, All I heard was the lazy wails of the damned. An amused smile crossed my face as I started back on my trek, the gun still in my hand. My stomach rumbled slightly as I walked, begging for the food, I’ve dealt without for the last twenty-four hours. I ignored the angry sounds my gut was making and pushed forward through the strangely empty city streets. After what must have been a half hour, I stopped again. The smell of decomposition that clung to every bit of the air was making my already disturbed queasy. Resting against a wall, I let out a sigh and listened for any nearby fiends. I didn’t have to listen long until I heard feet dragging along the asphalt. I lifted from the wall and looked around quickly. Five of them. Five bloody creatures coming up through a nearby alley. As soon as I managed to get the nine-millimeter aimed, I heard more a loud moan from behind me. I spun and saw another six turning a corner.

“Fuck,” I said as I pivoted between the two groups that were blocking me in. Aiming at the larger group I squeezed off three shots, taking out half of them. As soon as the last one dropped, I dashed forward. I narrowly averted becoming a meal and continued past them. I turned the corner they came from and was greeted by another large horde of them. “Shit shit shit.”

I slid to a halt and barely escaped a pair of decomposing hands belonging to one well dressed zombie. After side-stepping the cretin, I quickly delivered a solid kick to its leg. The leg crack and bent in an unnatural fashion but the attack still went unfazed but the moaning creature. It turned toward me and just as it reached out again, I shoved my gun into its mouth and squeezed the trigger. Thick black blood sprayed onto me before it slumped to the ground. Knowing that standing around was a bad idea, I turned and continued to run away from the horde. I headed forward, quickly dodging several creatures along my way. Managing to actually get through a good number of the group, I ducked into an alley and raced through it. Appearing on the other side, I noticed only two standing just arms length away from me. I took out one with my pistol and was greeted with another face full of a bloody mist. The other one drew closer and was met with a large punch to the jaw causing part of it to fall off.

Without a seconds delay, I turned and continued to run. Once I was sure there was no immediate danger, I leaned against a nearby wall and took a breather. My heart was beating hard enough that it was all I hard as I stood and breathed heavily. As I rested I couldn’t help but eject the clip from my gun and look at it. I followed suit by pulling the slide back and double checking that there was one in the chamber. Once I was impressed, I slid the clip back in and nodded.

“Ok. I started out with fifteen in the clip and one in the chamber,” I said aloud to no one imparticular. There’s nothing like a complete lack of civilization and conversation to make one appreciate their own voice. “I just used…let’s see… two…five…six...seven. Seven shots. Ok. Nine shots left. Fuck.”

I rocked my head back and let it collide with the brick. A slight stinging sensation resounded through my skull as I stood there, beating myself up for getting allowing the brain-dead bastards to corner me. It was insulting. Those undead cretins ganging up on me. I hit my head on the wall once more before standing up and kicking the nearest trashcan.

“Fuck,” I shouted. As I stood on the curb after my kick, I felt my stomach rumble angrily once more. I sighed and looked around to try and find my bearings to get back on track. Not seeing any signs, I just shrugged and started down the street, in the direction I was sure the store would be in. As I walked, I found more sparse amounts of the undead. They must have all been in that street coming for me or any other survivor. I strolled for another several blocks, moving past very few creatures without notice. It almost seemed too easy.

After a lengthy stroll, when I actually could make out the burnt out sign a few blocks away, another distraction hit. A loud shotgun blast shattered the air, sounding as if it came from the next street over. I shot a gaze around before jogging forward slightly. I stopped suddenly as another gunshot rang through the night. This time it wasn’t a shotgun. It sounded more like some sort of rifle. I took one step forward and paused before looking to my side toward the direction of the gunshots.

Thoughts raced quickly through my mind as my eyes darted from ahead of me to direction of the shots. I could go and quickly get food. Nourishment before I tried to find some way out of this god-forsaken wasteland. Then again a survivor means ammo and assistance. Not to mention conversation that I’ve been missing since this whole city went down the shit-hole. I closed my eyes and tried to think of what to do.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened my eyes and nodded. With one last glance at Joseph's, I turned down the nearest alley and headed toward the gunshots. Caustiously I moved toward them, hearing the shotgun discarge two more times. At the end of the alley, I flattened myself to the nearest wall and peered my head around the corner. A small herd of shamblers was gathered around a vehicle. Standing on top of the trasportation was a young girl clutching a shotgun. Pumping her weapon, she unleashed another shell into a another creature, causing it to fly back near several of its decimated friends.

Feeling slightly generous, I slipped around the corner and started toward the unaware fiends. Once I was an acceptable distance away I raised my gun and took aim at the back of the monster's skulls. With a quick squeeze of the trigger, I managed to blow a hole in the back of one. With ease, I fired five more times resluting in five more drops. thinking quickly I counted up the remaining bastards. Four left. Before I could sink another couple shots, the girl with the gun blasted two of them. Without hesitation, I finished up the group and lowered my gun.

"And then there was one," I said quietly. Equipping my most charming smile, I started toward the vehicle which I could now make out as a large black van. Once I got close, a group of women swarmed from the nearby buildings and alleys and aimed their guns at my head.

"Hold it, dirtbag," the chick on the van yelled. She pumped her shotgun and aimed it in my direction. I did as she said, not seeing the need to die at the hands of another human. Looking around, I couldn't help but notice how they were all dressed. Each on was dressed in army fatigues, combat boots and had their hair tied back in ponytails. Several of them had red bandanas tied around their heads and each one of them was holding a fairly impressive instrument of death. "Now, before we blow your head off tell us who you are."

"Name's Leon. Leon Silver," I said, looking up into her dark brown eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Leon. What brings you around this area? I thought everyone here was one of them or just flat out dead."

"I was on my way to Joseph's Food and Drug. I haven't eaten in a while. Markets are all tapped out. Food's either gone or rotten. Figured Joseph's is still in business with something."

She nodded and made some sort-of hand motion to her friends, causing them to lower their weapons. Without much difficulty, she hopped off of her transport and extended a hand to me. "I'm Kobra. The others are Viper, Koral, Rattler, Boa, Ana, and Scarlet."

With extreme caution, I shook her hand. Lucky for me, she had nothing evil planned. She let go and gestured toward the van. "We have some food in there. Also some ammo if you need it."

I nodded and Kobra led me toward the van. They eyes of the female militia followed me. their glares burrowing into the back of my skull. half of them started following me, making sure that I wasn't up to anything sinister. Something about the way they eyed me told me that I wasn't the first survivor they met and that the first one had done something incredibly stupid. Kobra opened the van and for the first time since this whole catasrophe started, I found myself shocked at what I saw.

Each side of the van held a bench for the girls to sit while on the walls, various knives, guns and other implements of destruction sat ready for use against the freaks of nature rampaging through the city. In the center of the war machine was a fridge that sat strapped to the floor in a way that its contents could be easily accessed. With several smooth motions, she moved in, grabbed a pre-wrapped sandwich from the fridge and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said before unwrapping it and taking a ravenous bite into the sandwich. It wasn't as good as I thought it'd be but not having any other options, I shoved my preferences aside and pushed through. "Ok, quick question. Where'd you pick up the hardware?"

"Military group. They were torn apart by creatures. We took their shit and decided that we weren't gonna end up like them."

"Military, huh? They know anything about what's going on here?"

"Yeah, a little bit. We..." Before she could finish her sentence a loud explosion sounded off nearby. Quickly following the big boom was a blood curdling roar. The earth shook from the sound of it and several weapons fell from their hooks in the van.

"Time to move, crew," Kobra shouted as she climbed into the driver's seat from the back. The six others ran past me and jumped in. Before my thoughts could gather, Kobra stuck her head out of the driver's windown. "You coming with?"

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeheehee...yay original stories!! lol
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Humor Guild shalt parody this, Oh master of Darkness Razz

Slick, actually. Good writing, but I know to expect that whenever I read anything you've written.

Also...

What Do you get when 3 lawyers walk into a room?!
A room with 3 laywers Razz

Join the Humor Guild for real laughs Very Happy Very Happy

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You bet," I replied quickly. Without hesitation, I hopped in the van and slid the door shut. Kobra started the van and I felt it start to move. Moving to the back of the van, I took a seat between a couple two of the girls. Their icy stares quickly fixated upon me, making sure that I wasn't about to abuse my ability to be this close to them. I turned and met the gaze of the one to my right causing her to quickly lift the handgun in her hand. and direct it at my skull as a very clear warning to watch myself. Giving a slight nod, I turned back and stared toward the front of the van.

The vibrations under my feet told me that the vehicle was moving ahead at what would have been considered illegal at one point in time. But not now. Now nothing mattered. People like me were considered saints compared to the cretinous monsters that roamed the streets. For once, I was not considered the lowest life-form. A small smile hung on my face but quickly dissapeared.

The van rocked slightly from the contact of an outside source. From the front of the van I could hear Kobra starting to swear profusely. After a small moment, the van was struck again by something outsdie, causing it to once again be rocked. Kobra's swearing increased until a half-minut later we were hit again.

"Shit. We're getting swarmed. Open up the back and waste these undead motherfuckers."

"Ok, but I'm going to need a weapon. My nine-mil is almost dry."

One of the girls in the back rose and grabbed an AK-47 from the nearest wall. "Fifty round magazine," the girl said. "Don't waste it."

I nodded and suddenly the doors opened up behind me. I spun and a sea of walking monsters greeted me. The girls on the same bench spun with me and two others quickly moved up and took position next to us.

"Wipe 'em out, girls. And Leon."

All at once, the group of us started firing. As Kobra sped ahead, me and the girls mowed down creatures. On occasion, a small amound to blood splashed into the van but for the most part, Our speed helped us avoid the mess that came with wiping out monsters. I timed my shots carefully, making sure that each round sank into another creatures rotting skull. After a minute of taking down trash, I heard the roar from earlier. The one that had spurred Kobra into moving. The ound was loud and it was close. I kept my gun prepared and waited for the beast to show itself. I didn't wait long

Within five second it moved around a building and my jaw dropped and my finger just pause on the trigger, unable to sueeze due to amazement and sheer fear.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: