Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Tournament of Icarus Faraday (accepting Combatants.)

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: The Tournament of Icarus Faraday (accepting Combatants.) Reply with quote

Icarus sat at his monitor and tapped away at the keys. Images flashed before his eyes of various individuals and creatures. Each of them involved in various conflicts, caught up in their own versions of personal chaos. A wicked grin appeared on his face as he watched them fight their pointless battles. Without blinking he studied them. Every so often, he froze an image of one or two before continuing on with his search.

The ones whose faces and moments he captured on the screen were those he considered truly worthy. The ones that might prove themselves to be deserving of his gift. His prize. A small beeping sounded behind him and he quickly turned and raced to another monitor. He stared at it for a moment before pulling out another keyboard and hammered away at the keys for a couple seconds before being pulled to yet another computer.

After an hour of bouncing from computer to computer, he stopped and moved to the center of his golden control room. With another smile, he combed his blonde hair into place, adjusted his glasses, and straightened his suit. Letting his smile fade a bit, he slid his hand into his pocket and wrapped his hand around a small remote. His thumb found the sole button upon it and pressed it. Several pods around him sparked to life and within them appeared the fighters he had been studying on his monitors.

Each one of them pulled from their own dimensions. They looked around the room a little confused at first but slowly one by one, their eyes focused on him. He looked around at all of them and gave a bow.

"Greetings. My name is Icarus Faraday. As I'm sure, you're aware, you are not where you were. And where you are isn't anywhere. You will not find this place on any map. No one besides myself knows of its existence. It is outside of place and ahead of time. I have gathered you all because I consider you all deserving of a shot at my prize. So you all will battle in a tournament. Each in a fight to the death. The winner will get one wish. One solitary wish for anything you can dream of. But first, prove yourselves worthy. Prove your desire. Go and fight."

He pushed the button again and sent each of the competitors to different locations, before moving to a monitor and tapping away at the keys once more.

Ok...this is fairly simple. It is a tournament involving your characters. An IF-wise crossover. Simply fill out the profile skeleton below and you will be on your way.

This is how this tourney will work. The two competitors will write their version of the fight. Then IF will vote on the best scene...the winning character moves on. I know this has been done before but not with established characters...i don't think. Anyway, moving on...the rules.

1. PM profiles to me with the subject line as the characters name

2. Characters must be from works here on IF

3. Characters can only be from Linear Lane and the SG sections. With the exception of the dark areas.

4. No Characters from Dark Sections.

5. Players may have 4 characters. and only 2 to a story (1 hero and 1 villain).

6. No making the battle a one sided fight.

7. Try to stick to their personality and fighting tactics in your scene (don't worry...I will post the profiles myself for each battle)

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Story of Origin:

Alignment (Hero or Villain):

Physical Appearance:

Close Range Weapon (if applicable):

Mid Range Weapon (if applicable):

Long Range Weapon (if applicable):

Special Powers/Abilities (up to 3):

Fighting Tactics/Strategy:

Personality:

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have an entry actually... but I am reluctant to enter on the grounds of being expectably delayed in any requirement to submit a written segment for this. I'm still debating. Anyone else going to take this up?

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely intrigued by this. I have a few questions, though.

1) If the power(s) of the character haven't shown up in the storygame yet, can we still use them?
2) Is there a required length for a storygame to use? Or can a one-chapter post in between then and now qualify?
3) Will a Multiverse story count as something which a character can be pulled from?
4) Do we need to use the main characters? Or can we pull battle-strong side characters to use?
5) If I use the protagonist from Ihniwid, can I draw the battle instead of writing it?

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shillelagh wrote:
I'm definitely intrigued by this. I have a few questions, though.

1) If the power(s) of the character haven't shown up in the storygame yet, can we still use them?
2) Is there a required length for a storygame to use? Or can a one-chapter post in between then and now qualify?
3) Will a Multiverse story count as something which a character can be pulled from?
4) Do we need to use the main characters? Or can we pull battle-strong side characters to use?
5) If I use the protagonist from Ihniwid, can I draw the battle instead of writing it?

The answers to your questions are:

1.) Yes. If a character has powers that haven't shown, they may be used. However, if a character hasn't appeared yet, then they are ineligible.

2.) One chapter is the required minimum length as it is proper length to establish a character or two. And however, characters from finished tales are eligible as well.

3.) I'll count it.

4.) Side Characters are fine.

5.) Hmm...that could prove to be quite interesting...yes...I will allow it as to add some uniqueness to the competition.

4.)

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, its sooooo on!!

Im just thinking about the character. I'll be there soon Smile

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM SENT!! ...now to get my villain...

Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost like the comic book called PURGATORY TOWER... Very Happy I'm crazy about that comic book.
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven days folks and this thing begins...send in your character quick...before Mr. Faraday wins

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: