Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IF-CH 5-Land of Dairy Products-UP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of Fates
Citizen

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: IF-CH 5-Land of Dairy Products-UP Reply with quote

Alright, since I can no longer continue any long chaptered and more intricate stories on Word, I'll write some using the City's adequate posting unit. These chapters are going be designed to be short and not as descriptive as say, 'The End'.

I noticed that we are allowed to do stories based on the actual City which then opens whole new stinkin* doors to other plots, twists, and if the Fates** permit it, even turtles.

So, I'll try my two cards on trying to bring IF.

*literally, the frames are lined with blood, seaweed and sewage.

**I permit it at least, don't know about my Brother's. They'll be some grumbling at the game table.

<<<********>>>

IF
PRELUDE

It was raining in the City. It has always been raining, ever since Chinaren's Vorpal Weather Machine exploded when IF's resident scaled assassin accidentally knocked it off the High Tower. The Mayor hadn't been happy, especially when a mutated bird struck by the radiation blast had landed in his bowl of finest Tooloo Wine. So it rained more and more and many rivers started to overflow, driving off the small chicken clans along the banks. Which wasn't a bad thing really.

Now, the sky's blackened and then grew lighter as lightning flashed inside the thick bundles again and again. A streak of purple arced downwards and struck an unfortunate man walking down the alleys, frying him and singing his clothes off. He gasped as an unfamiliar cold breeze rushed through him in a certain part of his body.

Cursing, the anamorphic beaver covered his gems and made a break for the shadows of the left alley. In the darkness, he huddled, still cursing as cold, yellow, dirty water dripping from the apartment's roof on the side of him landed on his already drenched head. At least he thought it was water until he heard a distinct zipping sound from above and a sigh of relief. The beaver almost fainted right there and then.

"Stupid weather" he chattered. He winced as his jagged left tooth nipped his quivering lips. "Stupid dentist. He promised me that he was fine. I should have known better, he smelled like Elkenwine from four feet away."

The small furry man peeked around the corner and his little eyes shot from the beginning of the alley to the back. Seeing no one, he darted up the fire escape on the other side of the street.

The metal creaked and groaned as he scampered upwards and his sharp little claws dug deep scratches on the stained glass of the apartment windows he climbed up. The beaver sniffed the air as he stretched out his thumbed hand and vaulted his fat furry body onto the wet roof.

His apartment building was only two more blocks away. No one in their right mind would be on the roof, which just left the crazies that seemed to sunbathe in the puddles. There were many of them scattered around different areas and this made the beaver man grunt in frustration.

The anamorphic furry scuttled forward and leaped over the edge to the building right across. He landed safely and sniffed the air again. "Stupid stupid weather. Idiotic mayor, throwing weird machines of towers. Dumb lizard can't control her own tail. Stupid! This city if full of stupids!"

He ran and jumped off the edge once again and came to a stop on the apartment roof right across from his last. "Twas my good pair of pants too. Soft and comfy. 'Nough room for many things."

With a sigh, he landed on the slick edge of the fourth roof with practiced precision. "Wife' probably home with the sausages." He groaned out loud as he thought of the rotten green covered meat that his mate called a meal. He should have married that nice cat, she may have been crazy, but she had a good sense of food at least.

His padded feet slipped on a slick patch of stone and he cracked his jutting jaw as he fell. Yelping in pain, he shot upwards and rubbed his sore snout with one hand while slapping the patch violently with his other.

"Stupid wetness! Stupidstupidstupidstupid!" He lost himself in his chatter, growing more beaver like by the second. So lost in his anger fueled rant, he didn't notice a heavily cloaked figure sneak up behind him.

A three fingered green hand slipped from the folds of the trench coat and wrapped around the beaver man's snout. His rant was muffled as the claws dug into his soft skin. He let out a little whimper before his head jerked around in a harsh 180. There was a loud crack and life flooded out of the now still body.

"Good meal for my children, yes yes yes," the coated killer hissed. It then began the tedious task of dragging the beaver's limp carcass away.

Pretty Thing
Vampires just got a whole lot Hotter

The Business
The fine print can kill you.

Last edited by Player of Fates on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:28 pm; edited 13 times in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting start Plates! Very Happy

I would just ask you to make sure you have read my guidlines on Writing IF Tales in the IF Tales forum.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed it, POF. Got a much needed chuckle from it. Although, I have to warn you, you shouldn't have called Kalanna a lizard.. but ah, well, you'll come to find that in your own time..

© 2007-2019 Lilith
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I F5 Lilith. Don't mess with Kallana... That's my job. Wink And I think I dids it mighty well, considering she had to chop my head off to silence me. Didn't work, mind. Laughing

*Makes POF wait anxiously for comment while I sew my severed head back on*

Well, weird, but funny! Seems like the thing chinaren would do, building weather machines. Same goes to the bit where Rai knocks it off the roof.

Who's the Beaver?

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut your head off to prove a point Meanie...it'll take more than a pretender like you to annoy me...

And yes Plates...calling me a lizard can get you in deep shit pretty quickly...But I'll let it slide seeing's how you're a Noob and after the Fenris incident I'm not allowed to go killing on the first offense...

"Music makes you braver."
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't prejudge! These descriptions are coming from the mind of a ficticious character.

If the beaver wants to call the dragon a lizard, he can call the dragon a lizard. Let the story grow! Very Happy

It's a good start, Plates, I like the humour, and there are some cool ideas there. I am interested to read more!

Hmm, this has got me thinking, perhaps we should build a library of IF characters for authors to draw from...
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, so far Player of Fates. Oh and while I'm at it, Greetings and Welcome to the City of If.

I can't wait to see what sort of plot develops here, and wait till the next chapter so some questions I have can be answered. For example who was the beaver, and why was he important? And who is the man that killed them? Oh and my favorite, What does any of this have to do with a hill of beans?

*smiles* However, I can be patient.

*turns to Rai* Now, Rai, you know your not supposed to threaten Newbies in public....there's perfectly good closed shadowed and dead end allies to do that. *smiles*

Can't wait to see more, Player of Fates and good luck with this, you'll be needing it.
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalanna Rai wrote:
I cut your head off to prove a point Meanie...it'll take more than a pretender like you to annoy me...

And yes Plates...calling me a lizard can get you in deep shit pretty quickly...But I'll let it slide seeing's how you're a Noob and after the Fenris incident I'm not allowed to go killing on the first offense...

Forgive me if I don't fall off my chair. Smile I know the Maker who decided to weave you, nice guy, has a bit of a temper which would explain you....

The hill of beans have to with everything. Did you know that they're the basic building blocks of life? Me and my Brothers loved our delicious recreational meal so much we permitted the Makers to give Life to beings who would make more.

The connection is quite obvious actually. Beings. Beans. You people just didn't like the spelling and decided to rearrange the words.

I don't know when the first chappy will be but a hint on the upcoming main character. He's a demon and hates peanuts.

PS

Dragons are based off lizards. So yes, it is accurate to call dragons lizards....if you do decide to try and eat me, please make sure my hat is unharmed, when I reform, I want it to be in tip top shape, it looks really cool with the cat and bull mixed face don't you think?

Pretty Thing

The Business
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF
CHAPTER ONE-OF AFTERMATHS AND AITHEL

Chinaren bit the gold coin to test its mettle. There was a sharp crack and he yelped a loud agonized growl as he spat out a broken fang. He tossed the gold into a large pile of others like it. “Gold 1289. Dear God...this is all I have left?”

A small bank accountant waddled into the room, his long ivory trunk brushing against the cold tiled floor as he scribbled something onto an electronic pad with his stylus. “It would seem so, Mayor. This is all you stored into your personal vault at your manor. The rest was at the bank.”

The orange being groaned and clutched at his face, mumbling threats in another language that consisted of snarls and rumbles. “I'm gonna kill whoever did this. I'm going to have him or her or it clean my sewers, then I'm going to rip its arms off!”

“With your own hands?”

“What are you, stupid? I just had my fur preened. I'll have Fred do it or something.”

“Quite.”

Chinaren stomped out of his large room, ignoring the pristine figure of a comfy bed and a snoring maid that was laying eagle spread on the bed with barely anything on. The Mayor had needed some material comfort after his loss.

His accountant hurried after him, pressing and sliding things on his new IfPhone. He wiped his trunk on white wall near the door post as he passed by, leaving a blue neon smear. “I'm sure everything will work out fine. I've sent our monkey ninja elite to find the missing cash. It's only a matter of time before the offender is caught and brutally tortured.”

“I'm ruined! Can't you see! Even my tools-*cough*-friends have forsaken me!!!!” Chinaren shakily pointed at the large plasma screen that some workers were dismantling from the wall. The TV was still on and showing IF news. City Councilor Rai in humanoid form was walking away from the camera, leaving boot marks seared into the asphalt along with some lingering flames.

“What do you think of the Chinaren's recent robbery and soon bankruptcy?” asked an unseen reporter.

“Chinaren? Who's he? Don't know Chinaren. Say hello to your mother for me.”

'My mothers dea-"

Rai waved her hand and there was a cracking sound followed by a sharp pained scream. The camera flew dozens of feet in the air then landed with a small snapping sound and in the corner was a twitching hand. The screen went blurry then faded and the news switched to the anchorwoman.

The bank accountant huffed and scribbeled something else in his notepad then hurried to follow Chinaren on his short stubby legs. The Mayor continued to wail of his misfortunes, often pointing to visual aids that usually were pieces of expensive household items being removed. “I'm going to kill that thief! I'm going to experiment then kill!”

“Maybe we should start looking for some movies that have openings. You still have friends in high places, no? Perhaps of a book maybe? The Rise and Fall of an Orange Entrepreneur! Yes, I can see the cover now...”

"Kill me."

Aithel quickly rummaged through a box of tools, tossing aside old skull rippers and joint breakers. Letting out a shout, more of a roar, of triumphant, the demon pulled out a large war scarred battle ax.

He trotted quickly to his computer desk set on a steaming red rock that melted steel. His black hoofs struck sparks as he quickly ran over to his Windows and a breeze of brimstone followed him as he went.

“Alright...this should sell for at least 400 heads on Fbay.”

He quickly logged onto the online site and added the battle ax to “Weapons for Sale”. Three seconds later, four potential buyers offered to buy it for less then half of the posted price. Aithel let out a loud curse and quickly debated against the war imp that had offered 150.

Fourteen minutes later, the price was settled. 300 heads. Aithel smiled happily, allowing his yellow and white teeth to drip hissing acid onto his desk. It had been a successful day. He had sold his chariot for 1500, two more than the posted price. It had been a good day.

Then, the realization of what he had just done hit the arch demon square in his hard head, right between the curling ram's horns.

“Oh hell below, what have I come to?” He slammed his horns through the molten computer holder, short circuiting the drive. Growling, the demons shoved the sizzling computer off the surface and continued to smash his head against the red stone.

“A renowned arch demon all the way down to selling war souvenirs on Fbay! Where is the glory that I once commanded? Damn it!” He dug deep grooves in the wall with his scythe like claws. “Ffrrrreakin' Paladin! One lucky blow between the legs and I collapse! Why did I cry? Why?”

He got up from his desk and kicked it through the apartment wall. There was a screech of protest from the next room.

“Shut up!” Aithel roared.

The imp said something in a retaliation and Aithel calmly walked out of his room, using the new hole as an open door. There were some harsh words exchanged, a squeal, a ripping sound and Aithel returned, flicking black blood off his black claws. He snorted poisonous clouds from his bull like snout and slumped against the floor.

“The imp had to bring his camera. Then post it on I Tube. It wasn't even that funny!”

Just then, the commercial break ended and “Hell's Funniest Home Videos” reappeared on the small fuzzy screen. A tall green scaled demon with seraphim type wings was grinning at the camera, dozen's of TVs were behind him, each showing the same thing.

“Now, we have perhaps one of the classiest moments in demon defeat history. You may have heard of Aithel, demon of blood, god of carnage, that sort of thing. Well, judging by this video, it seems that our bull headed big guy isn't so big after all.”

The screen cut to the crappy quality of a home video camera showing what it seemed to be a very monstrous demon rolling on the floor squealing like a little girl while clutching between his legs.

“Oh Jesus Christ! It burns! It burns! -sob- It's like Michael Jackson just moonwalked over my balls! -sob- Oh Devil! Gah! -sob- I need Mummy! Get me Mummy!"

In the background was a dumbstruck Paladin with a missing arm. He looked at the camera then at the crying arch demon with a bewildered expression. He shrugged, grabbed the Holy Grail and walked away, blood dripping from his stump.

The screen cut back to the laughing host, red tears leaked from his slitted eyes. He tried to say something then fell over laughing.

Aithel screamed something unintelligible and hurled his remote through the TV with a loud crashing sound. What was left of the plastic controller shattered against the wall on the other side. Aithel proceeded then to kick over several boxes full of potential merchandise.

----------

Not a funny chapter but right now, I just want to introduce what our story is going to include a little of. I know Harley, the stolen Fables is your idea and I shan't touch it anymore, I just wanted to get a good IF affecting reason why elite ninja flying monkeys were dispatched. Plus, I wanted to try my hand on writing directly about another IFian.

Then, I wanted to introduce, our main character, Aithel, a down on his luck demon that's about to come to a big surprise. I have a plot worked out, but the first few chapters are going to be very open as I finish a few details.

So, the DP?

What does Aithel do next, or rather, what happens to Aithel to draw him out from the lower apartments of hell up to our dear city?

Pretty Thing

The Business
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, nice. Poor Chinaren. It must have drove him over the edge, to require "material comfort".

I say some extremely clever and wise person Wink *coughs* from our dear city summons Aith-something-or-rather (I have an urge to call him "Mommy's boy") to... teach a lesson... to those he would like a lesson taught to... Laughing

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our resident daemon, Lordofthenight, may be a suitable 'connection' for Aithel. Plot wise he could be an important link between Chinaren's predicament and Aithel.

That was a good start.

Quote:
He wiped his trunk on white wall near the door post as he passed by, leaving a blue neon smear.

Nice detail! Very Happy
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I'm starting on an If tale myself (it may or may not ever get posted, those who know me will know I'm not good with writing).

Oh! Meany, you're back! *hugs*

Wait... *steps back and looks at hands* What have I done!?!

Tea Cures All.

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you don't mess with the stolen fables anymore I won't have to shoot you with a poison arrow. I've been mixing poisons lately and I have some pretty potent stuff in the tips of those arrows. *takes out arrow with glowing orange tip* See this? The result of 4 different poisons caused this.
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But does it actually work? You know, some poisons cancel each other out.

Tea Cures All.

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works, I've been testing these arrows. All of my poisons have antidotes though, in case I get poisoned. All of them except this poison. *looks at arrow with glowing orange*
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, seeing as I'm one of the Fates, I don't know if poison will actually work on me...might have something to do with the whole immortal package deal. You're welcome to try though. lol

No, I won't mess with the stolen fables, unless for the dialouge reference thing or some comic humor. Anyways, thank you Whitey (is it ok if I call you that?), that fact that you even read my story earns my full thanks.

And thank you to all my readers...now....discuss!!!

Pretty Thing

The Business
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What - more daemons? What is it, some sort of daemonic invasion?

Well, just so long as they pay the proper tribute to me, as current Daemon Lord of the City, I suppose they'll be accepted.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, very soon, lordy, very soon. You might even meet a few distant cousins even.

Aithel was considered a god of destruction by the tribal people so I doubt he can be confined to your City rules for long, I'll fix that with a clever ingenous plan involving...peanuts.

Are you particularly known throught Hades and below, or you just prominently know here. If you're not well known in the Abyss, Aithel will treat you with slight disrespect and make sure you never see "Hell's Funniest Home Videos" so as to keep you in check. Wink

I'll leave the option choosing open until Tuesday, which is tomorrow for me) then I'll put up da poll.

Pretty Thing

The Business

Last edited by Player of Fates on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Squeals in delight*

YAY! I'm gonna be in the story! Very Happy

Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a map of IF and the surrounding lands, I might need it. It would be much appreciated...

Pretty Thing

The Business
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one in the IFki.

Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, found it. Bannanna lands will be useful indeed. Thanks Fear and good job on the recent chapter on your story!

EDIT:

POLL is up!

EDIT: Gah! I can't stand the wait. I'm going to close the poll tonight and finish the chapter by tomorrow for sure. My fingers are twitching to write. The only remedy is to play the guitar or something. *dissappears in a flash of smoke*

Pretty Thing

The Business
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF
CHAPTER TWO-TRIBAL-PART ONE

Aithel sat cross-legged on his apartment floor. He filtered out the noises of imps and demons laughing raucously upstairs and down. Instead, he concentrated on the droning prayers of his tribal followers and the few cultured worshippers in far off cities.

He could hear the tribes chanting in their low monotone voices, offering his bloody sacrifices.

He quickly mentally struck down an ignorant priest that had been eating peanuts while worshipping. He shuddered at the thought of the salty little nuts that had been the bane of his digestive system since the creation of time.

Aithel found one devoted tribe that had just sacrificed their chief of all things. He was feeling generous today; he would be making an appearance.

----------

"Ah too too lula donagoka feecho doo do!" screamed the shaman as he waved his arms wildly, clutching the still bleeding heart of their former chief.

The clan had fallen on extremely hard times. Famine and lack of pretty tribes woman. To be the chief meant you had a lot of power but also meant you were the cause of every bad thing that happened. So out went his heart into the wrinkled old hands of a jabbering shaman who would soon be rewarded.

The whole clan was gathered around a huge pit that belched red and orange flames, even the younglings were there, clutching at their mothers’ arms as they watched the flames as if in a trance.

The huge bonfire that warmed the whole tribe suddenly sprouted tendrils of green flames. Those tendrils consumed all the orange and red tongues of fire and then exploded a huge flash of light, which was green of course.

The flames swirled in the air, reaching farther than the deceased chief's tent. They twisted and weaved like living animals then finally gave another shower of explosions. Aithel appeared amidst the flames, in his favorite tribal form.

A humanoid jaguar like body was wreathed in green fire as it snapped its fingers and a large headdress crown type adornment appeared on his head.

Curling his lips in what seemed to be a smile he spoke in a booming voice.

"My people! I have witnessed your hardship and your utter devotion to me! I shall-"

There was a ringing noise in the background. The large jaguar paused and turned away, accidentally blocking the view of the rest of the room.

Aithel laughed gingerly and cleared his voice. "Hold on, let me take this."

He answered the phone. "Hello? Oh...it's you. No I did not mean that disrespectfully! Mom! No, no, no. I do not need any more rolls of toi-yes...ye-I mean no! Maybe...."

The demon glanced back at his tribes people who were looking at him with awed expressions that were mixed with amusement. They had understood the words "Mom" very clearly.

"I'm in the middle of work, Ma. I told you not to call whil-YES! I always do!" Aithel massaged his furry and dotted brow and groaned. "I don't really like to touch them...I can't buy them! I'm distinctly male! No I-you know what? I did no such thing! She's a dirty liar! AH! I gotta go! Bye, I gotta go. Bye M-Mom bye!"

The demon snapped his phone shut and coughed. "Yes, now where were we?"

"Boodoo hachenoi lafaga, Dothra."

"Oh, right, yes. Um...just go invade the nearest tribe. You have my blessing."

"Jeejee hakeo fada coli-kan, Dothra?"

Aithel eyes widened. "Oh Damn! No! That's just unhealthy...."

Pretty Thing

The Business

Last edited by Player of Fates on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF
CHAPTER TWO-OF DRAGONS, DAEMONS, AND 0007s-PART TWO

Rai circled around her favorite hilltop then landed with delicate expertise. She flicked away several picnickers who were scrambling away with their neatly woven baskets and red flower dresses. She alone would enjoy the sunshine in the Open Forum.

She basked in the heat and lowered her eyelids lazily. Suddenly, in a puff of smoke, a large oversized brown imp appeared in front of her. He rested lightly on her long snout and let out a distinct sound that uttered from his rear.

"Morning' govna."

"One second."

"For what?"

Rai's neck retracted quicker than her size belied. Then she snapped forward and chomped down on the surprised imp. This all happened in much less than a blink of an eye. Her forked tongue flicked out in surprise as the imp reappeared in a flash of odorous smoke right on top of her snout again.

"Wasn't very nice," muttered the ignorant demon, dropping his British accent.

"Speak quickly imp," rumbled Rai as she flicked her tail in annoyance.

The demon snorted and dug around his shorts that suspiciously looked like a dirty diaper. He pulled out a stained scroll and opened it. Reading aloud, his squeaky voice cracked several time.

"Dear Lizard."

Rai's eyes grew red and her claws dug deep cavernous grooves in her favorite hill.

"Dear Mighty Dragon," corrected the imp for his own benefit. "The world and everything you know about it is about to change in the sweeping of a dark shadow. It will be like a cockoswallow laying an egg, a tiger relieving himself in a bush, an IFian being stepped on by a giant, a-"

"Get on with it," hissed the dragoness, tiring of the bad metaphors.

"Ok, look, basically, IF city is going to be destroyed by my Master."

Rai blinked, partially surprised, partially expecting this. "Why tell me?"

"Because you were the nearest City Councilor. I was flying overhead when I spotted you. Now that's done...." The imp broke wind again, let out a small laugh and disappeared, leaving behind the stained scroll on the green grass. The flowers died around it, turning gray and shedding their leaves.

Groaning, the dragoness rolled over and continued to bask in the sun, crushing an innocent bystander in the process.

----------

The Meaning of Fear was just finishing painting his toenails when a loud knock on the door made him start.

Cursing, Fear grabbed the red and black nail polish and threw them out his open window. There was a screeching sound of a car sliding below then a loud resounding crash followed by a pained scream.

"Sorry!" Fear shouted. He quickly turned on his fan and donned his long flowing robes. They were black with red linings. Shoulder spikes jutted from the top and he quickly slipped on some intimidating flip flops with spiked heels.

He opened the door suspiciously, ready to empty a blast of magic at the knocker. You never knew in Info Street. These were dangerous parts with all the weird ass aliens and raging homopotuals with their strange weed habits. Very strange weed habits. Fear shuddered at the thought.

"0007, we have a mission for you," announced a man in a black suit. His mirrored glasses reflected Fear's look of confusion. "The world needs you, Bond!”

"Uh...he's next door."

"Oh..." The man in black coughed and twiddled his thumbs. "Right then. Sorry about that."

"No problem." Fear shut his door quietly and was ready to grab a towel for his shower when a very large fist knocked him flat. The world spun once, twice, and then he was out.

----------

Aithel stretched luxuriously, giving in to the feline habits that came with his form. His ivory claws dug large gashes on the floor and he sat up, blinking lazily. He snorted fire and then was suddenly alert when a loud knock made his door shudder.

Cursing, the arch demon walked over and opened it, ready to decapitate some heads. Instead of a lowly imp or a laughing demon, a very human looking man in a black suit stood in front of him. It was a two peice and the actual fabric seemed to flicker with shadows. He had neatly combed back hair and manicured nails that were pointed.

"Aithel?"

"Yes, and you are?" asked the arch demon, intrigued as why a human would be in the abyss. He sniffed the air and suddenly slashed the man. The illusion wavered and a towering demon with curling horns, muscle-bound skin, and a dark red eyes that blinked in front of huge bat like wings stood in front of the shocked arch demon.

"Lordofthenight?"

"Yo."

"Come in come in!" stuttered Aithel as he quickly checked left and right to see if anyone had seen the daemon enter. He closed the door.

"What brings you to these parts? I thought you hung with Lucifer and all them."

Lordofthenight snorted, sulfur dripping from his snout. "That upstart bastard thinks too highly of himself. Couldn't harm a fly much less bring down a whole race."

"Ah." Aithel grabbed two frothing beers and handed the steaming cup to his companion. "Blood Brew, finest quality."

Lordofthenight sipped and nodded. "The reason I have come down here is because there’s big thing going up on the surface world. The mortal plane."

"I can't go up there unless summoned."

"Ah, that's the catch of being an arch demon, eh? Sucks for you."

Aithel hissed angrily and scratched his ear. "Indeed. A stupid rule if I say so myself. I'm honored by your presence and all but I have a 15 minute guest limit so yeah..."

"Right then." The demon cracked his shoulders and flapped his wings. "Look, I can't say much, but something big is going down. I mean Big. The whole planet Big, maybe even the galaxy, the dimensions. Thing is, there's this particular little City that I'm hanging around in that might get destroyed in the process."

Aithel blinked. "Yeah? So?"

"So...we have to uh..." Lordofthenight searched for the right words. "Avert, this climatic event to save IF."

"IF? Isn't that the home of that really really fat king?"

"Uh, Key? Yeah."

"I need to take a picture with that guy."

"Right...sure. Anyways, I need you to come up. More will be explained soon."

"I heard he's like extremely obese. I tried to scry him once but all I got was a butt crack."

"...."

"Is it true he weighs more than several dragons? I heard his stomach alone rivals a whale's tail length. I mean, how many donut rolls do you have to eat to get that fa-"

"All right! Enough already! Sweet demons in Hades, enough! Will you just go up to the mortal plane?!"

Aithel looked around his apartment and spat on the destroyed TV. "Gods, finally, I needed something to do."

----------

Fear blinked rapidly as a flaring bulb of light lanced through his eyes on a charging steed of brightness.

He tried to move his arms but found that they were tightly bound behind his back by large and heavy iron links. Groaning, he tried to remember a spell that would shatter the infernal things. His mind swam and the arcane words slipped out of his grasp every time he reached for them.

"It's no use, we drugged you. You couldn't manage a simple warming spell."

The voice came from the darkness ahead. He could see the vague figure of a large being in a dark robes. The face seemed to be covered in some type of mask.

Fear tried to get up but found his legs were tightly bound again the steel chair with another iron links fashioned in the same way.

"Now...let's begin."

----------

Gah, a long chapter, didn't mean for it to be this long, so I spread it into parts to make it even easier to read. I know it’s neither funny nor well written but I needed to write. Smile

DP

Who are Fear's captors and what do they want?

Pretty Thing

The Business

Last edited by Player of Fates on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Very enjoyable! I'll come back when I'm less busy to comment.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, I like! Light and snappy. Good style for an IF tale.

For the DP...

Lets see, perhaps it is a stranger with a score to settle with a long serving citizen of IF. And they've trapped Meanie, because they are going to blackmail him into doing the dirty work for him.

Smile
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad

I do NOT use nail polish! I'm a boy, DAMMIT!

Other then that, very good. Just make sure King Key doesn't read this... Lol... Butt crack...

It's definitely Whitey, or one of her minions. She does this kind of thing for fun.

I mean, I don't really have a lot of enemies... *Looks around at hostile faces* Uuuh...

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A white suit? I don't own any white. I don't own anything that isn't black, come to think of it.

As to whose captured Meanie - yes, it probably is Whitey. They seem to have a thing going.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with the others. Lordy and Meanie are right, Whitey does have this thing for torturing people particualarly Meanie.

Or it could be the group Lordy hired in order to summon Athiel to the mortal plane, and they're planning on sacrificing Meanie. I'm sure Meanie's clone will reappear sooner or later, either that or good old fashion rescurrection should save TMOF from too much damage.

Last edited by dinranwen on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hands* I admit it. The only one here who would bother enough with Fearo to kidnap him is me. We're frienemies. Besides, you can't have a story with him in that doesn't include me. I'm more important than him.

Although I am slightly dismayed at how quickly din and lordy denounced me. And that Lordy thinks I have a thing for Meany Shocked .

Anyway, slight corrections as to the city in general. Firstly, any pink elephants are in HEM. They like the funfair there, and I'm sure neither dinny nor Rai let any escape. Secondly, I'm pretty sure Open Forum is a large square-although I suppose you can make it what you like.

Tea Cures All.
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, I went to the new stortgames and I couldn't find it. I thought someone had deleted it. Shocked

But then I remembered this place, so yeah.

Woe! Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys!

Lordy, I changed your white suit to black with an extra detail.

Whitey, I removed the pink elephants and changed it to something else.

Quote:

Mad

I do use nail polish! I'm a boy, DAMMIT!

That's all I'm hearing Fear, that's all I'm hearing.

Ok, the options are so far:

The captor is Whitey and she means to torture Fear without any reason to do so.

The captor is Whitey and she means this to be a "special" night with her and Fear alone.

A cult group that Lordofthenight hired to summon Aithel to the mortal plain and Fear is the VERY unwilling sacrifice.

A stranger with a score to settle with a certain citizen of IF and they're going to blackmail Fear into doing thier dirty work.

Pretty Thing

The Business
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote fot the top one. I want to be in his story, and I fully do NOT endorse the second option. Unless it involves torture too.

Tea Cures All.
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it involves loooooooove and lots of it. Shocked

Pretty Thing

The Business
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per...ticularly annoying person!

Tea Cures All.
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player of Fates wrote:
The captor is Whitey and she means this to be a "special" night with her and Fear alone.

I'll see that you pay for this. You will pay. Dearly. Mad

Anyways, I vote the first option too. She's tortured me before. No biggie.

Besides, I'm not a fan of being sacrifieced...

dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need Fates, is what we in If call a poll.

To post a poll with all your options in one nice little area that people can vote on, follow the following steps:

Go to your first post on this thread. Click the Edit Poll.

Go to the bottom of the edit screen, there should be a poll Question followed by Poll Options square near the bottom of the screen.

Post poll question.

Below the question, post one option, hit submit (or update, or whatever botton is next to the poll option to the equilvant of submit).

This will cause another blank poll option to appear.

Repeat by filling out as many options as you need for a poll.

When completled, hit the Sumbit botton on the bottom of the screen below the Poll Editing Area.

You can also put in how many days you want the poll to run, or leave the days empty and have it run forever or until you delete it, whichever comes first.

Poll's make things more official shall we say, not to mention easier for everyone concerned.
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, it's cool Din. I know how to do it. But thanks though! Very Happy

I was waiting for more suggestions just in case but look's like these will do it. The poll shall be up soon!

EDIT:

Ze poll iz up-iz!

Pretty Thing

The Business
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted...

"Music makes you braver."
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked and disturbed to learn that two of you voted for the second option.

EDIT: Oh, and the name of the poll is wrong. You've put "Who are Whitey's captors"

Tea Cures All.
Player of Fates
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, well, you know what I meant. :p

Pretty Thing

The Business

How does being in the Dairy Lands affect Lorrdy and Lilith?
It doesn't, they're still the same.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
All their elemental powers turn dairy/candy based!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Both are considerably weaker.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lordy had grown utters and Lilith transforms into a werecow on a chocolate moon.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8
Who Voted: Chinaren, Crossfire, Lilith, LordoftheNight, The Meaning Of Fear, The White Blacksmith

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: