Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Daughter Of The Forest

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chemai Sterini
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Daughter Of The Forest Reply with quote

I did this for an English lesson but I only had two weeks so I couldn't make it aslong as I wanted. It was only meant to be 800 words but as you will soon see I went a bit over the top. Razz

Soliea wound her way through the busy marketplace which was thronged with people, all shouting and haggling in loud voices. She sighed; she hated the deafening noise and was always terrified of being halted by an angry stallholder who had had something stolen.

Her mother said it was her duty to her people to help wherever she could and that she should not be afraid, but oh how difficult it was! All her family before her had been gifted at the art of the dedicated but however hard she tried she could not pick up any of the lore or skills required of her. She resented her family and her lack of choice in her future, but the worst of all was she felt like she did not belong, how she longed for that sense of belonging and community that everyone around her had! They all knew where they belonged but she just had this feeling always there, at the back of her mind, telling her this was not for her, which got in the way of her training.

“OW! Watch what you’re doing young lady! ... Wait aren’t you one of the dedicated girls?” A thoughtful look crossed his face, “Well you see I’ve been ‘aving a bit of trouble lately… hey! Where are you going?”

Soliea made a mad dash for the nearest side street she could see and didn’t stop running until she was sure she had completely lost him. She looked around her, and cursed,
“Oh where am I now?” She whispered to herself.
Just as she was about to slump down in despair she felt a strange sensation. It was like she had suddenly been surrounded by a fog and its weight was bearing down on her squeezing and shrinking her. When she felt she was about to burst the sensation vanished and she could see clearly again. She scanned the street for the source and jumped as she saw a… well… creature that she couldn’t describe hanging in the air in front of her. It seemed like it was made of mist!

“You are summoned to the presence of the High Lady Sikila.” The creature cried solemnly with a voice like the grating of steel.
Again she felt the pressure but in a slightly different way this time. Without thinking she closed her eyes and only opened them when it had gone. When she opened them she gasped as she saw where she was. Rich furnishings and even richer officials were everywhere!

A man stepped forward who she assumed was a butler and said, “Welcome Miss Hanra, please step this way.”

Shakily, she got up and followed him, having to take long steps and occasionally jog to keep up with him.

“Wh…wh…where are we g…going?” She stuttered.

“To the chamber of the High Lady Sikila.” He replied as if it was the most obvious thing ever, with a hint of scorn.

What seemed like hours but was probably only a few minutes later they arrived at a large door in front of which two guards were standing. After a quickly spoken word that Soliea could not understand the door was flung open and they walked into the room accompanied by another butler proclaiming,

“Miss Soliea Hanra, as you requested my lady!”

A tall woman peered down at her from an equally tall throne, she was dressed in the finest of silks and her long, dark brown hair shone with the richness of gold.

“You are welcome here, though I am filled with sorrow at the tragic circumstances that bring you here for the first time.” Her voice was like a song in itself and filled Soliea with awe.

Soliea gathered herself up and asked tentatively,

“Wh… what do you mean, tragic circumstances?”

“Come, we shall talk in my private rooms. Everyone else please leave!” At her word five butlers seemed to materialise from thin air and began moving the small crowd of courtiers in the room out. Another came to lead Soliea through a carefully concealed door once the others were out of the room and five minutes later they were relaxing on two couches loaded with cushions (well Sikila was relaxing and Soliea was trying her best not to panic).

“I’m afraid I have very sad news for you Soliea, your mother was found last night in the forest severely injured. She was healed as well as the finders could but unfortunately she died during the night.”

Soliea sat back shocked and gradually the painful reality crept in.

“N…n…n…no, she can’t have!”

“I know how painful this must be for you and I’m sorry it had to come out this way; however there is something important you must know.” For the first time the calm mask on her face had gone and she looked genuinely sad and even more, worried.

“What is it?”

“Are you sure you are ready?”

Soliea took a deep breath, “Yes.”

“Your mother… she was not your real mother… she adopted you.”

The look on Soliea’s face turned from sorrow to disbelief to anger.

“How dare you, she was my mother, no one has the right to take her away from me! She shouted angrily.

She got up, turned round and stormed off out of the room. As she exited the main chamber the guards looked at her bewilderedly but did not stop her; their orders were to stop people from going IN unauthorised, not out.

It was only when she was thoroughly lost in the maze-like passages of the palace that she finally stopped and realised what she had done. Not only had she walked out in a tantrum from an audience with the High Lady she had got herself lost in the palace and had no idea where she was or what to do! Exhausted she fell down onto the floor and fell into a troubled sleep haunted by nightmares of the worst kind.

When she woke up she groaned and rolled over wishing she’d chosen a better position to lie in. Then what had happened flooded back to her and she covered her face and sobbed. Half an hour later she got up and began to pace around the passages desperately trying to find a way out. Eventually she heard the sound of footsteps echoing along the passage and stopped suddenly.

“Who’s there?” She called out quietly and shuddered as the sound echoed eerily.

The footsteps quickened for awhile then stopped suddenly. Soliea looked around trying to find whoever it was that had been making the sound.

“What are you doing here?” A young girl stepped out of the gloom and asked. Soliea judged that they were roughly the same age though the other girl was dressed in rags and filthy.

“I got lost.”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Soliea.”

“Means nothing to me, where are you going?”

“I don’t know, out of here I suppose.”

“Come on then, follow me.”

She turned around and headed into the gloom without looking back and with a sigh Soliea hurried after her.

Soliea felt huge relief as they exited the tunnels into the warm midday sunshine. She looked around and saw she was in a garden, not any ordinary garden though but a huge, sculpted garden! The girl, who Soliea just realised had not given her name, looked back at Soliea.

“Do you want to head to the forest?”

“Um… yeah alright.” She shrugged, she didn’t really know where she wanted to go but anywhere was better than here.

“Follow me.” She made a sudden sprint for a nearby bush and they spent the next 30 minutes running between cover trying not to get noticed by any of the richly dressed people wandering about and making comments on the exotic plants, and surprisingly more often the exotic owners.

“Just slip through this gap and we’ll be out in the forest!” A triumphant look covered her face.

Soliea looked at the gap doubtfully; it looked too small for any human to get through! Sighing she manoeuvred herself into a good position and pushed herself through the gap, groaning as thorns ripped at her clothes and, in places, her skin. Once she was out she looked round to see the girl neatly popping through as if it was a huge archway! Disbelievingly she shook her head and asked,

“What do we do now then?”

“We? We? Who said anything about we? I got you out didn’t I?” She looked expectant and for a long moment Soliea looked at her in confusion. Then the penny dropped.

“You expect payment?”

“Of course I do! You’d have been lost without me!” She began to look angry and her stance changed to an aggressive one.

“I don’t have anything to give you!” She sighed, and then she had an idea, “Well if you come with me and guide me some more I’ll pay you extra later!”

She looked doubtful, “Alright then, let’s make camp.”

Again she just turned round and headed off further into the forest and Soliea stumbled along behind her wondering what she had got herself into.

Panting heavily, she ran through the night, her feet pounding on the ground as she made her desperate bid for freedom. Her breath caught as she turned and stared into the horrific face…

“Ahh!” She screamed jolting upright and calming down after looking around her to see she was in the serene forest and there was no horrific beast chasing after her. She shivered and hastily snuggled back into the rough blankets that the girl who she now knew was Helena had seemed to bring out of nowhere a few nights before. Glancing over to the pile of blankets beside her she held her breath as she saw it move and groan but thankfully she did not wake up. She had been having these terrifying nightmares since the first night they entered the forest. She had felt a great sense of unease while in the forest and was now thoroughly terrified of it and the nights especially. So far, she had managed to keep it hidden from Helena; however it was obvious she was getting suspicious of Soliea’s strange behaviour. Soliea sighed and decided she would have to come clean to Helena; after all she had saved her and would find out at sometime. Despite all this she did not look forward to telling her and rolled aver and tried to get some more sleep for the next day.

“Helena we need to talk.” Soliea mumbled quietly.

Helena turned around with an impatient air, “Well?”

Soliea grimaced, “You’d better sit down.”

So she told Helena all that had happened over the last week or so; she hadn’t meant to say so much, however suddenly getting a chance to tell someone everything lifted a huge weight from her mind and she found she couldn’t stop. When she finally finished they both just sat there absolutely silent; Helena in shock and amazement, Soliea in embarrassment.

At last Helena spoke, “Well, that’s quite a story!”

Worried, Soliea replied, “Do you believe me?”

She paused for a moment, “Well I suppose so. It explains why you were in the tunnels with no idea what you were doing as well as anything else.”

“Will you stay with me and help me?”

“Yeah, what shall we do?”

“For the moment just keep away from the palace and the High Lady’s troops. I’ll… I’ll think of what to do soon.” She spoke it without much conviction but Helena let it pass and they continued on through the forest together.

For the next few weeks they wandered round the forest not really knowing where they were going and only just getting by. As it tends to do, having to work together to survive and relying on each other, gradually, and without them even noticing, brought them close together and by the time three weeks had passed they felt like they had known each other for years. One day while they were travelling through the trees they heard the distant sound of hoof beats echoing through the forest and shortly after harsh shouts could be heard.

Worried Soliea turned round to look at Helena, “Riders, what do you think we should do?”

“I don’t know, they may be either looking for us or have information on us however, they may just be inhabitants of the forest, and we could do with some help.”

“True, true, but I thought people living in a forest were poor. How would they be able to afford horses?” Soliea answered thoughtfully.

“No, you’re right; they can’t be residents of the forest, so we’d better avoid them!”

“I’ve been thinking, we’ll have to go back at some point, why not now?”

“No!” Said Helena alarmed, “We can’t do that!”

“Why not?” asked Soliea, bemused and worried by this sudden outburst.

“Well you can, but I can’t. I have… property of the High Lady in my possession. And she knows it!” Helena looked Soliea in the eye and said boldly as if she was daring her to criticise her.

Um… well… right…” muttered Soliea awkwardly. Then with more confidence, “Well, I’m not leaving you so we’ll just have to make sure they don’t catch us!” At the end she threw back her head and her hair swirling around her head gave her a brave and confident look, which was rare for her and she savoured the moment.

Suddenly something big and bulky pressed down on her and she screamed until she realised that something was over her mouth. When she looked around she saw a huge man was holding her from behind who could only be described as rough. He was dressed in the typical uniform of the queen’s guards with a few minor differences, probably denoting rank. A remarkably similar man was holding Helena, who to Soliea’s embarrassment was putting up a much better fight than she had. She started to try and lash out at him but stopped quickly as something blurred past her and with a loud thunk the guard who had been holding her fell to the ground. She turned round to see how Helena was, however she did not get a chance as something hard hit her on the head and she collapsed into darkness.

When she woke she yawned and tried to stretch, but was jolted into full awareness when she felt the ropes tying her arms and legs together to a pole of some sort. Looking around properly she guessed that she must be in a campsite. It looked like it had tried to be organised but had given up half way through. There was a campfire on the other side of which was a sloppy tent that she guessed from the hearty snores coming from within housed the two guards that had ambushed them the previous night. Looking to her left she saw Helena who was also tied to a tree but unlike Soliea looked like she had been awake for awhile and was halfway through cutting her ropes with a small knife. She also saw a pile of knives that had probably been taken off of Helena so she wondered where she had got the one she was using now.

“Psst, Helena! Do you know where we are?” She whispered carefully keeping an eye on the tent in case someone stirred.

“Nope, sorry, but I do know that somebody, a woman, is coming to get us later today and they are expecting a reward. It’s probably the High Lady, but we’ll be away from here before then!” With a flourish she severed the last thread of the rope and wriggled out of it until she was standing free beside the tree she had previously been constrained against.

“Let’s get out of here!” Helena said quite loudly and Soliea flinched and looked towards the tent again nervously.

Luckily the snores did not stop and they hastily jogged out towards the edge of the clearing. But before they reached the edge a loud voice shouted,

“Step back into the clearing and put your hands in the air!”

The girls froze with fear then slowly raised their hands into the air. Around 10 men came into the open with bows aimed at them. They were dressed like the guards, but again with different badges and certainly much neater and more disciplined. Unluckily for the girls. Then the High Lady herself rode into the clearing and signalled at the men which caused two to brake off and run towards the tent, which they entered. Shortly after that there was loud shouting and the new guards emerged with the older ones with their hands tied and trying vainly to shout abuse through their gags. They stopped as soon as they saw the High Lady and immediately fell to the ground and started to grovel as best they could.

“Oh shut them up, will you?” The High Lady’s voice was sharp and cutting unlike the day when they had first met, it was the voice of somebody who expected to be obeyed.

“Yes mam!” Replied one of the men curtly and knocked one of the grovelling guards on the head with his sword knocking him out. He was about to do the same to the other before he was stopped by a sharp order from one of the other men to leave him for questioning. The other guard whimpered and fainted at the threat.

The High Lady sighed, “So much for getting some answers out of them!” Then signalled at the other man to take them away.

Next she turned to Soliea and said courteously, “Greetings Soliea, firstly may I apologise for your treatment by these idiots, you can be assured they will be punished accordingly. But now would you please come into my tent as we have many things to talk about.” She was smiling warmly but Soliea wondered whether there was the slightest bit of concealed worry behind the smooth mask, or perhaps she was just imagining it.

“What if I don’t want to talk with you?” Soliea asked stubbornly and more confidently than she felt.

“It really is most important that we talk.” She said now visibly worried, “I…

“Let go of me!” Soliea whipped round and saw Helena fighting with two guards and drawing in more to deal with her ferociousness.

“Let her go!” Yelled Soliea angrily at the guards who took no notice of her.

“You heard what she said! Leave the girl alone!” The High Lady’s voice cut through the noise. Surprisingly it was taut and almost… scared.

The men hurriedly broke off from her and looked uncertainly at the High Lady, waiting for orders.

While they were looking the other way Helena made a sprint for the woods and disappeared into its cover. A few of the younger men foolishly tried to follow her until the were brought up short by the cutting words,

“I see you do not know how to follow orders gentlemen. Captain, please see that they learn! Enough of this, Soliea we really must talk, I do not want to hurt you! Let us leave these idiots and retire to each others civilised company!” She turned round and ducked into a tent that had been prepared by some of her men while they had been arguing and Soliea had no choice but to follow her.

Once they were inside, before the High Lady could say anything Soliea asked, “Why were you so scared out there?”

She took a deep breath, “Well, I’d better start from the beginning. Your foster mother had an identical twin called Feria and they grew up inseparable. Then one day Feria just disappeared, your mother was distraught and would not eat, it was a wonder that her family managed to keep her alive at all. When Feria came back five years later she was ragged and thin, so much so that she collapsed as soon as she reached the door. Though together she and your mother made a full recovery. She… had brought… you with her and when she had recovered enough she told them a story that, even your mother as close as she was to Feria, found hard to believe. She had gone into the forest that morning five years ago for a walk but had got lost. She claimed that she had felt something pulling her through the forest until she had found an old woman stuck under a fallen tree groaning and in great pain. She helped the woman as it is all dedicatee’s duty to do and ended up staying with the woman and learning her ways for a year.”

“Why didn’t she come home?” Asked Soliea entranced and confused by the story.

“She couldn’t, not at first anyway. By the time the old lady was willing to tell her how to get home she wanted to stay. And before you ask why again let me finish! When the old lady judged that Feria knew enough about the forest and wasn’t likely to run away she told her the truth. She was the guardian of the forest and had no children of the forest as every guardian had done before her. Therefore she had no one to take over when she died, she needed an apprentice. Knowing this Feria could do nothing but stay however much she wanted to return to her family. For the next 3 years she studied with the lady and trained to one day become the guardian herself. However before she had finished her training the lady died and only just managed to give Feria her powers before passing away. She never told Feria how to get home as Feria didn’t want the temptation if she got fed up or angry. So she spent a year wandering through the forest trying to find her way out until she eventually returned here, which explains her state. She told them she had had you on the way and that you had no father, confirming that you are a true daughter of the forest!”

“What happened to her?”

"She caught a terrible illness, it was never found out what it was but it killed her. You were one when she died so she made Leana your foster mother and guardian of the forest until you were sixteen. Her death however has caused that to be upset and either you now have the guardianship or no one will have it until you are sixteen.” She frowned and looked at Soliea, “Which leaves us with a problem.”

“What problem?”

“Ever since your mother died the forest has been getting worse and worse. We don’t know what is wrong with the forest but trees are dying, animals are dying and fruits that many people rely on aren’t growing. You will have to solve that.” She said the last sentence with an air of finality, leaned back onto her chair and watched Soliea with interest.

“How come you know all of this?” Asked Soliea suspiciously.

“Leana told me before she died, someone needed to know.”

“Well how can I help the forest, I have no training at all!”

“Before she died Leana also told me to tell you that if you ever needed help to go to the centre of the forest.”

“How do I find the centre?”

“I don’t know. The forest should help you, it has already responded to you.”

“What do you mean?”

“It must have been responsible for knocking out that guard when they ambushed you.”

“I see, well what should I do now?”

“I will send five of my best men with you to help you and you will have to try and find the centre!” She looked grave and Soliea could tell that she didn’t think Soliea had much chance, which didn’t do wonders for her confidence, “you can set out tomorrow however tonight it would be best if you had a good night’s sleep.”

“Yes alright, where I am I sleeping?” Replied Soliea quietly, still in shock.

It took Soliea hours to get to sleep that night. She just lay there trying to understand and take in the enormity of what she had just been told, and perhaps more importantly what she still had to do. It seemed like an impossible task that should only be attempted in dreams and stories but she knew she had to do it or she could never forgive herself. But just how was she supposed to do it? She supposed this must be what her mother Feria had felt, it still felt odd calling her that and that the woman she had thought of as her mother for her whole life she now had to think of as her aunt….

The next day Soliea headed out into the forest with five men riding in a circle around her. One, Adaron was the leader of the group and he and Soliea had spent the early part of the morning planning their route, provisions and anything else Adaron could think of. Soliea liked and respected him, and they worked well as a team though Soliea was admittedly a tiny bit scared of him. They had an old map that Sikila (as Soliea had been told to call her) had found somewhere in her palace and it showed a few parts of the forest rather sketchily but it was the best they could do. As the day went on Soliea kept hearing distracting noises that no one else seemed to hear until she finally thought it might be something to do with “the forest responding to her” and tried to concentrate fully on them. While she was trying to concentrate she rode straight into a tree which stopped the noises altogether as she was too busy groaning in pain to notice them.

They continued like this for three weeks during which time only two things of interest happened. Firstly on the fifth night while Soliea was asleep in her tent she was woken by someone prodding her in the side. The following yells got the whole camp up and into a full fight until Soliea realised her “assassin” was Helena who had failed to think of telling them who she was due to being to involved in fighting anyone who came near her which she was surprisingly good at. Secondly the noises got stronger the further they got into the forest and Soliea soon realised that going in the direction that made them strongest could help them find the centre, however it was a very imprecise method that took them all over the forest and, as Helena insisted, in circles.

On the beginning of the fourth week they were riding along as usual and Soliea and Helena were debating the merits of walking against riding when Soliea suddenly felt a wave of nausea crash over her and she fell off her horse.

“Haha well how can you like riding when you fall off so often?...Soliea?... Soliea!”

“Urrg….ooohhhh!”

“What’s the matter?”

“I feel so … sick…”

Helena swung down off her horse and called to the rest of the party to stop. Hearing this Adaron hurried over and bent down next to Soliea with a very worried expression. After a while she managed to get up again and they continued for two hours before they arrived in a large clearing. Soliea fought back another wave of nausea and gazed round the clearing in astonishment. In the middle, and drawing most of the attention was a massive tree.

Soliea had never seen anything like it, it was not any type of tree she had ever heard of or seen nor was it anywhere near the same size as anything she had heard of, even in the most wild and unbelievable stories. Its trunk could have held a house and its branches stretched up further than she could see. It seemed to be draped in a silvery mist and its branches constantly shifted, or so it seemed; nothing could be sure because of the mist. It was stunningly beautiful and made everything around it seem small and insignificant. After what seemed like hours Soliea finally noticed its surroundings; the ground was carpeted by a thick green moss with dainty little lilac flowers scattered across it, occasionally broken by long slender trees reaching up to the sky. Soliea began advancing slowly towards the majestic tree, still fighting the urge to throw up. Now though, the nausea was still great but it was dwarfed by the amazement she felt for the clearing and the tree. As she got closer Soliea noticed something else about the tree; a black fungus was growing up the trunk and in places along the branches. When she put out her hand to touch it felt greasy and overall beneath the glamour the tree was sick. No wonder, thought Soliea, the way the forest is at the moment.

“Its amazing, isn’t it.” Soliea started at Helena’s sudden appearance beside her.

“Yes. But it’s ill, so what do I do now?” Soliea wondered out loud.

“Find a way to cure it. Try… I don’t know, reaching out with your mind or something? That’s what people in stories do.” Helena shrugged and stepped back from the tree.

“Right, reach out with my mind, should be easy enough!” She replied sarcastically.

Adaron came over and added, “Well unless you have a definite idea of what to do I suggest you stay by the tree night and day, we can make up a place for you to sleep right here, then perhaps you will be able to… find something.”

Soliea sighed, “Well I suppose that’s the best plan we’ve got so we’d better go with it!”

For the next five days Soliea attempted to make contact with the tree, ate and slept by the tree. At first it seemed futile and she could sense nothing. However as the days went by she started to gain a faint sense of another, huge presence in the clearing. She thought if she was able to sense more clearly she would be able to sense her friends and guards but unluckily or perhaps luckily she was nowhere near that strong. She began to get sort of feelings from the tree and by the end of the week she was able to have a kind of conversation with it. It was incredibly disconcerting having a conversation with something so huge, old and knowledgeable. However most importantly now she knew what the matter was; the forest was feeling lonely and neglected, having to survive without a guardian to help and protect it for 13 years had worn it down and made it even more vulnerable. What it needed was someone to care about it again and although Soliea protested that she didn’t know how, it insisted that experience wasn’t a problem. It amazed Soliea how much could be put across through feelings. Just from the brief communications with the tree, or should she say the forest, she had been left feeling so much wiser but at the same time young, foolish and clueless.

She stretched up, put her hand on the tree, then she pressed herself up against and really pushed into it with her mind. She felt resistance that was hard to break through, though through sheer perseverance she broke through and for one moment which seemed like eternity she felt a golden warm light rage through her and knowledge of the whole forest was hers. In that eternal moment Soliea was able to talk clearly with the tree.

“You have had a hard task getting here, but you shall be rewarded with the fullest understanding and life any guardian has ever had. We still must heal the forest. However now, we are more one than any before us and we can achieve anything! Now sleep and prepare for tasks yet to come, my daughter.” The last two words were said with what could only be described as the weight of ages. Then Soliea collapsed into a peaceful, happy and exhausted sleep.

I'm probably not going to continue with it but just thought I'd post it Smile

I am here to have fun and (hopefully) make friends.

Talk to me!

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4899 - Loyalties (Linear)
http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3919 - Daughter of the Forest (Linear)
http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5049&highlight= - Daughter of the Forest 2 (SG)

Last edited by Chemai Sterini on Sun May 20, 2007 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! This looks terrible Shocked I'd better seperate it out lol

Talk to me!

http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3919 - Daughter of the Forest (Linear)
http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5049&highlight= - Daughter of the Forest 2 (SG)
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely!

I quite enjoyed this! I do hope you continue with it!

I wonder at the journey and at the trials Soliea will have to overcome to get the forest healthy again.

Keep it up!

© 2007-2019 Lilith

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, you should definently continue it.
Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I really wanted to contiue it past there but it was 10:30 the night before I had to hand it in Sad I don't think I'll get time to carry on with it now but maybe in the summer holidays.

Talk to me!

Crossfire
Citizen

Topics: 5
Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! Pretty! And hideously long! Smile I wish I had the time to write something of that length. It's a real shame that Linear Stories don't get the same attention as StoryGames, even though they're frequently of better quality... Sad A story like this deserves a bit of attention, but I don't have enough time to proofread it for you. Sorry... Sad

Silent eyes decide the wise and unwise - for one that lies. Let it arise.
Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its long and was very worried when my friend told me I'd be in troble for writting long story when I was meant to be writing a short one but luckily he seemed impressed although I don't think he actually read all of it Sad

Are there any competions for linear stories that this would fit into and do you think it would have a chance? Sad

Talk to me!

Crossfire
Citizen

Topics: 5
Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably won't be, because although all of the other forms bar Info Street (for obvious reasons) have competitions on now, they're generally short story competitions, which are linear but themed to the forum they're in. LaCD doesn't have a theme, so I don't think it's eligible.

I'm not quite sure if there'll be a LSotM, due to the low amount of continous stories here, so I'm stumped as to where you could enter it otherwise... Sad

Silent eyes decide the wise and unwise - for one that lies. Let it arise.
Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me any advice as how I can make it better or any errors (gramar etc.) As I'm going to submit it for a sort of competition at school that everyone has to do Surprised Downer Wall Bash

Talk to me!

Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I know this is Off Topic but what do you think of this is a second piece;

Darkness

Waking up and opening my eyes,
Wondering why in darkness I lie,
Then comes the light,
When I see I’ve lost my sight,
And dread fills my thoughts.
For a life without colour, pictures or light,
Cannot be right!

Panic threatens,
I don’t feel safe,
I don’t think straight,
Fear blinds,
Me to reason,
To the question,
How can I survive?

I reach out not knowing where I stand,
I thought I knew my surrounds,
But now I know,
I really knew nothing,
Of where I have lived for so long.

So to start again,
To build a picture in my mind,
Of my world,
My life,
My home.

This is the only poem I've done this year and it was for physics, why we haven't done one in English I don't know Sad Wall Bash

Talk to me!

Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't win because my story was too long and difficult to mark! He didn't even read it all so how could he have known how good it was! Censored

Talk to me!

Player of Fates
Citizen

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very long, which is just my style. I like it!

Pretty Thing
Vampires just got a whole lot Hotter

The Business
The fine print can kill you.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Chemi! That's horrible. Beat the shit out of him! Laughing

But hey, we liked it, so that's gotta count for something, right? Razz

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou and yes it means a lot! Very Happy

I think i might be in a bit of trouble if I do that... tempting though... Sad

Talk to me!

Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm going to try and write another part to this, has anyone got any suggestions/advice/things they'd like to see?

Talk to me!

Chemai Sterini
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

continueing this in; http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=121549#121549. Please read!

Talk to me!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: