Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Predicament Poll up

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vgmaster
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: A Predicament Poll up Reply with quote

Prologue

A predicament, I am in a predicament. It’s nice to know which words to use in situations. That is one of the reasons I am lucky. At least my master lets me read his books when I am not doing his dirty work. Dirty work, yes, quite literally if I do say so myself. After all, I clean his room and study when he is at work, I clean his shoes when he gets home, and I clean his body when he is too lazy to bathe himself. Honestly, can he not do anything himself? That grotesque man makes me do everything, it’s slavery. If I remember that was made illegal centuries ago. Of course, that law doesn’t apply to me, and all because I have fur and a tail. Which means, that no matter how I try to escape, I will remain here, cleaning my master’s room. I am hurrying to get done before he gets home so I don’t get beaten, he’ll be home any minute. I hear a gunshot. Was that really a gunshot! That couldn’t be a gunshot, who would shoot a gun here. Then the door opened, my master came in faster than I’ve ever seen him. He slammed the door and stared at me. I stare back, my instincts tell me to yield to the alpha, so I look away. He speaks, “You!”

I look back up at him, “Yes sir, one moment I’ll get the shoe shin-“

“Shut up you mutt!” he screams and runs towards me, he punches my sensitive snout. I fall to the ground and let escape an accidental growl. “You damn anthros are a curse to mankind. Those damn scientists never should have created you! YOU’RE SCUM, ALL OF YOU!” he rants, than he ducks and looks around scared. “Hehe, I must have sent them scurrying,” he said. “As for you, you can’t run,” he pulls out a small remote and presses a button, I feel a small shock, oh no. “I’ll kill you, slowly, terribly, than the rest of your kind,” he pressed the button again, a shock twice as bad was administered. “You know how this works, the pain will double every time until you die,” he cackled maliciously; maniacally. He presses the button again, now it is becoming painful, I whimper. Then there was a cracking sound as something pounded at the door. My master dropped the remote. There was another loud crack, then “CRASH!” The door splintered into nothing but firewood. A fox female with a gun and a male cat with a bigger gun stood in the doorway.

My master started shaking, “Now, we can negotiate can’t-“ but then there was at least 40 pounds of lead in his chest. I stared at my master as he fell to the ground. “Down he goes,” said the cat. “Hey you,” he motions to me, “come on.”

Chapter 1

"What?" I say, I am shocked. This fur just came in and shot my master. That cannot be beneficial to me, because when they find him dead and me missing, they will activate the collar from the control center and kill me. If I stay here, than I will be beaten and resold at the very least. That is not likely, it is much more probable that I will be killed without question. Yet if I leave, surely it is certain death.

"Hey puppy," the cat speaks and I look to him, "If you stay here, you're gonna die." I already knew this, but if I left it could be worse. He continues, "If you come with us, we can make you free. We can take you somewhere safe, and somewhere where you can find happiness." His black tail swayed back and forth, but mine stayed completely still.

"What do you mean?" I say. I think about how impossible it is to escape, all the tools designed to keep furs in their places. The collars, the microchips, and the genetic tracking. It is impossible to escape without dieing. "You can't do any of that," I say, sad that it is the truth, "I'll be killed surely."

The female fox spoke up then, "We can do it, we can take out the microchip, and we can stop them from tracking you genetically." I don't believe them, but that hardly matters. Even if they could do that, they could not take off the collar. The collar can never be taken off, it is made of some odd material, it is black and heavy. I have tried to take it off before, when I was younger. I tried to use my claws to cut it, they had no effect. I once got a hold of a knife, but I just cut myself. I have heard of other furs trying to cut it off, but they never succeed.

I look up at the two other furs, even they still have their collars, I don't know how they got the guns, but I knew that we would all be dead soon.

Then I hear a voice coming from above, "Oh my god! Tell him to stop being so cynical!" I look up frantically, afraid of what I will see. I scream at the top of my lungs.

Okay, so what does he see? We know it is something that speaks, so it's a living being. My own suggestion would be a froggy. I like froggy furs. Any other suggestions?

Oh, and I know that is way too short. I guess that's just how I write, in short bursts. Oh well, get used to it.
-TheLifeofaBinder

Last edited by vgmaster on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Very Happy for a moment I thought you were in the predicament... hehe...

I say that the anthro goes with the Cat doesn't care wether or not his boss is alright, take the remote with you you don't want anyone to take it and hurt you. I guess the cat is more of a hero than the others think even if he is a killer. The person that died had to know the cat was following him, somehow the cat had fought with the anthro's master.

Quote:
than “CRASH!”

It's then
Bookwizard
Respected Citizen

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...interesting, I'm willing to see where this SG ends up. Write on VG*

*oh I made a joke without even meaning to

vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I added the first chapter in the first post... so, uh. I thought that more of the decision scene was needed, so start suggesting what he should see. Over and out. Wink
-TheLifeofaBinder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bookwizard
Respected Citizen

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion would be a monkey of some kind... possibly take up the position of the leader of this small group. The wise one, the one who always knows what to do and everyone looks up to, possibly add in a "master" sort of thing every time one of these so called furs speak to him. Have him have the wits to convince are protagonist here to come with him, after this is done a chase scene wouldn't be to bad...

The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's coming from above him, it's probably some sort of bird (or maybe a monkey). I say a bird of pray, but a big one. I mean, really huge. So big he screams when he sees it because it's just that weird.

Tea Cures All.
vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Poll up for Chapter 2 Reply with quote

Okay, the poll is up VOTE!
-TheLifeofaBinder
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting start. Tell us more about the world they live in and how it differs in other ways from our own.
vgmaster
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL be continuing this. It's that damned cat giving me trouble. Anyone have a cool idea for an earthly power?
-TheLifeofaBinder

What is the fur?
A bird.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A frog.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
A monkey.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
A bat.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Who Voted: Bookwizard, Crunchyfrog, vgmaster

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: