Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
confessions

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Topics: 59

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: confessions Reply with quote

Hey, all you hip, happy IFians! Now, now... don't frown at me yet. I know underneath those shiny, happy faces, and those glowing composition notebooks, we all have our secrets! Seeing as, in IF, we are all widely anonymous behind our little masks... have anything to confess?

I'll go first, as an icebreaker.

I CONFESS:.... I stole $15 from my sister when I was 10. I got caught, and had to pay back $30, but it was embarrassing none the less.. especially because it was my TWIN sister, and therefore we had all the same friends.... and she told EVERYONE! Forcing me, obviously, to lie for the next year and a half as a cover story. Did I mention what an abysmally bad liar I am?
Novelest_Ninjagirl
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time, the first time in my lifes memory that Ic rossed a street without looking both ways, I nearly got hit by a car. Here's the confession part- I hid it from my parents and never got caught.

I was at my cousins friensd house, playing ina park across the street. Everyone else crossed hte street and Iwa s running to catch up because I didn't now which hosue we were going to. I went out from inbetween two cars that were parked, unablet o see the road. A car zoomed past, and I drew up my arms to protect myself. Teh sideview mirror hit my elbow, giving me a nasty bruise. Tonight I told both my parents about it, and they were. . surprised to say the least.
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an option for 'I lie about everything, whether important or not'? Because if so, that's definitely not me.

And I never did nuffink, so I have nothing to confess.

Tea Cures All.
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for "I lie for unimportant things" but now I'm not entirely sure what those "unimportant things" are.

I have a strange habit of telling the truth even if I'm going to get my ass kicked for it, although there are some things I keep to myself. Maybe one of these days something will be threatening enough for me to tell a big one.

Although there have been some embarassing lies when I was younger. I remember as a kid of around 6-8 I would sometimes lie to my friends about things I've seen to get their attention, and although I am no longer in contact with those friends, I feel mighty embarassed about it.

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!

Last edited by The Meaning Of Fear on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady of the Shadows
Resident

Topics: 4
Location: In the Valley of Shadows...Not such a bad place to be.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lie about umimportant things. When I was little I would lie about things like:

Mum: Did you brush your teeth?

Me: Yes! *thinking, Nooo!*

So, I don't lie (much) anymore, only small, little white lies. Or unimportant ones that I like to hide for unnecessary reasons. Very Happy

If you look long and hard into the deep of the abyss, you will find me. In the last rays of the lingering sun, you will find me. But I will not return to you yet.
Gallant
Citizen

Topics: 14

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have chosen not to vote. Anything I lie about is usually important enough to keep me out of jail. I.E. I accidentally brought in prohibited weapons from NZ into the UK. Embarrassed

Ah well.... Guess I learned my lesson.
TillDeath
Visitor

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is noting to confess. I once lied when I was like 5 or 7 years old. I used a scissor to cut the speaker's cover and I said I didn't know what happened. lol My parents knew it was me they just replaced the cover. Smile I was the only one in my family who ever broke stuff and messed on my shirt. lol
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very truthful nature in that, in most cases, I will tell the truth whether it leads to bad consequences or not.
However I have been gifted in that I can lie extremely well so occasionally I lie just to make sure I can still decieve people easily.
In those cases I often end up faking ill to matron; I can make myself go pale when I want to so it always works. It's just a bit of an ego boost really. Smile

~Solus

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people in our school use to look at our eyes if we were lying. Like when you look away when you lie you're a liar. I have a friend who lies, I use to ask guys if she was going out with them, but they use to say that they didn't, sometimes she would ask me not to tell somoeone and I wouldn't the next day I would hear it from another friend of mine and then I would tell her why did she tell me if she was going to tell it to someone else aswell. Plus who would believe that a boy friend would come in the middle of the night carrying roses and giving it to her through her window. I give her everytime another chance of trying to tell the truth each time she falls for another guy when she is already going out with someone.
Phang
Elder

Topics: 25

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christalnightshade wrote:
people in our school use to look at our eyes if we were lying. Like when you look away when you lie you're a liar.

This doesn't work. I've looked someone dead straight in the eyes when lying (it was something trivial, ne'er you worry nor mind).

This is because, I later learned, lack of eye contact is a sign of lying - but so is extreme eye contact.
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Topics: 28

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit it... I was the man on the Grassy Knoll!

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean sparta12
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Topics: 28

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, it was just a joke on the Kennedy Assassination.
Bookwizard
Respected Citizen

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. I get it, lol thats a good one sparta. I have to say I NEVER lie, I certainly don't always tell the full truth, but I don't lie Wink.

TruePurple
Citizen

Topics: 8

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will sometimes lie to tech support or other "phone people" in order to better get to the truth. Because often they like latching onto details you know aren't the cause. Especially if said detail allows them to say they aren't the right department, or company etc, to talk to to fix this (and of course the number they refer you to will refer you to another number, or right back to the first one)

Are you hiding a secret? What kind! Now now.. don't lie to the Skitty. Don't you know.. I'm NO relation to Santa Claus at all.. there is NO good/bad list here!
I lie only about unimportant things
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
I lie only about IMportant things
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
I lie only about INportant things.. ie, I am a smuggler or drug lord
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
I never lie... so obviously, I am lying right now!
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
I belong to a religous order, so all my lies are indocrineated, and I can't answer yea/nay about the whole lie question, as that would throw my religious authority into question
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am in politics. Enough said.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11
Who Voted: Alegria, Bookwizard, Chinaren, DeadManWalking, Gallant, Lady of the Shadows, Phang, Phantomfan, The Meaning Of Fear, The White Blacksmith

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: