Free online storygaming

Line of Kavanagh
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Storygames Home -> Storygames: Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sagittaeri

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject:  

I love this chapter. I really liked how Spade's developing, and I admire his strength of character. I really hope Andi survives this, because I believe she has so much more to offer. Damn, I can't wait for the next instalment!
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject:  

Hey Andi!

Ooo! The plot thickens and edges closer and closer to it's very likely riveting end! I liked the parts where Barden and Spade were reminiscing. Makes one realise how far the trio have come together and how close they've grown in their friendship. :)

And now all of that might prematurely come to an end because of the reappearance of Willand! *gasp* Though I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll not let anything that horrible happen to Andolyn. ;)

I cannot actually think of anything other than what's been suggested already for your rather open dp. But I can't wait to see what you come up with for Andolyn and Alberich's escape from Willand. Short of the latter trying to fight the younger man off, I can't see what will happen, aside from some randomer rushing in to rescue them.

Much enjoyed Andi! Keep up the good work! :)
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject:  

I will go ahead and apologize for anything i might have missed. I converted the original to fit your decision here, so if i left anything unchanged, it was unintentional. =) enjoy!!

The time had finally come for the march to begin. Kellan and his cloaked soldiers made their way to the front of the Emporium while Spade and his army made for Ebony’s portal. Kellan’s men went for the stable that had fashioned itself—thanks to the magical nature of the building—next to the Emporium and mounted their horses.

Given the fact that the festival was about to begin in two days, the silent army was taken as some form of parade by the local people. All but Kellan wore uniforms of the castle guards.

After years of hiding behind his façade as a blacksmith, Kellan wore only a simple chain mail shirt over his tunic. His head was uncovered by either helmet or hood as he rode forward into the night toward the castle gates.

Barden’s heart raced as he followed Spade through the dark passageway into Darbinshire Castle. The last time he had entered this place, it had been with high hopes of being a part of something bigger than himself.

Well, it doesn’t get much bigger than this. He thought. The last time, however, what had started as a quest for grandeur, and had ended in disaster with only a shred of a clue as a reward. Last time, entering the castle had been by choice. This time, it was out of necessity. If they didn’t attack now, there would be no attacking again, and Andolyn would certainly die—if she hadn’t already.

He studied Spade’s face. The young man’s eyes were ice, vengeful and focused. His jaw was set—teeth clenched.

Spade was mentally preparing himself for the upcoming battle. It would have to be quick; with Andolyn’s life on the line, he had no time to waste. He would show his men the gate then break off with Barden and head to the north tower where Radan would be in the throne room. Due only to his men’s pleading, Spade wore a breastplate of armor—which he had never done, even as a child.

“If we lose the princess,” one of the generals had told him, “you’re all we have. We can’t afford to lose you tonight too.”

Spade thought this suggestion rather depressing. He fought to think positively about his sister’s condition despite being told otherwise by almost everyone to which he spoke. His fight with Radan tonight, despite what Spade wished, would be as short as the young man could manage. He would deny himself the battle of revenge he so greatly craved if it would save his sister. He would find the location of the antidote and send Barden after it then the two of them would leave immediately for Handunburg to save Andolyn. No matter how short the battle was, however, Spade was sure of one thing: it would end with him taking Radan’s life.

Inside the castle, the hallways of the castle were calm—expectant almost. Upon reaching the end of the passageway, Spade sent a small group of his men one direction down the hallway to cut off any patrols while the rest went behind him to the castle gate to help Kellan and the Underground gain entrance.

Suddenly, from around a corner, came a man that seemed strangely familiar to Spade. The man was a soldier of Radan’s, so immediately Spade pulled a card from his belt. Astonished, the young man threw his hands in the air.

“Long live Queen Andolyn!” he yelled before Spade could release his weapon. Intrigued, Spade paused. “My name is Gawain,” the young man said from his position on his knees, “I can tell you where the antidote to the prince’s poison resides.”

“I’m listening,” Spade motioned for his men to continue down the hallway. In the distance, the sounds of battle echoed from where the attack had begun on the outside of the gate.

“Follow me,” Gawain led Spade, not to the throne room, but to a separate banquet hall off to the side with Barden’s sword to his back. Barden ventured to look around the doorway.

“He’s there,” Barden nodded, “with friends.” Before Spade could step forward, Gawain grabbed his arm.

“Be careful,” his eyes filled with genuine concern, “the prince is insane—he’s completely lost his mind. I was able to get your friend Ebony out the last time, but that’s all I was able to do without being seen. He keeps the antidote in a vial around his neck. Please get it to her—the princess was always so kind to me…”

With a curt nod, Spade rounded the corner and entered the grand room with Barden on his heels. The prince scrambled for a weapon, surprised to see his nemesis alive, much less in the castle.

The soldiers that surrounded the prince rushed forward, but with a quick, effortless flourish, Spade landed a card in each of their throats. He had no time for such distractions.

Another card left his hand, heading for Radan, but with an angry snarl, the Prince knocked the razor sharp metal away.

“Hello, Radan,” Spade spat, drawing his father’s sword and removing the cumbersome breastplate. The only defense he wore now was his long leather coat over his shirt and vest from Andolyn. He would face Radan as he had in the past. Skin and cloth, “You have something I need.”

When Kellan reached the gates of the castle, the drawbridge was down to allow for the final preparations of the celebration. A troop of soldiers was just heading out into the city. Kellan met the leader of the group head on, running his long blade between the man’s ribs before he even realized what was happening. With vicious shouts from both sides, the battle began.

Kellan’s hooded soldiers clashed with the castle guards that came rushing out of the gate. Kellan himself remained at the front of the charge he took a blow or two to the chest, but they only winded him—not enough to slow him as he fired his crossbow from his right hand and swung his sword with the left.

It seemed like the castle must have an endless source of men, and the Underground was slowly becoming outnumbered. Horns of distress rang from the turrets, and thousands of arrows rained down on the battle from above.

Where are they? Kellan wondered, praying they hadn’t been stopped inside. Almost as soon as he’d had the thought, however, fresh cries came from the renegade Handunburg army. Radan’s men were trapped between the two, and even the soldiers that ran back from the city weren’t enough to stop the force that was steadily overtaking the castle.

With a satisfied nod, Kellan broke away and made his way through the massive castle to find Barden and Spade—and hopefully, the prince.

Spade slid forward with fury in his icy eyes. He held out a hand when Barden moved to follow him.

“He’s mine,” Spade hissed.

Barden wouldn’t have argued even if he’d had time, but at that moment, another man entered the room. Seeing Spade, the man charged at his back. Barden stepped up, blocking the blow with his sword and found himself face to face with the captain he had led astray so long ago.

Here’s that chance to prove myself! He thought.

“We meet again, Bard,” the man wore a wicked grin.

“Hiya!” Barden said in his falsetto voice. With a growl, the soldier swung his sword at Barden. The young man blocked the blow with ease, but soon another came at his head.

Barely noticing the exchange behind him, Spade continued to slide toward the prince, sword in hand.

“Not so brave without an army of soldiers behind you, huh, Majesty?” Spade was an oppressive, deadly force that Radan had never before encountered. This was not the boy that used to outwit him on the battle field. Spade didn’t need wit anymore. His mere presence was enough to have Radan quaking.

Radan held his composure as he backed away from Spade.

Suddenly, Barden fell to the ground off to the side—his chest and leg slashed by the captain.

“Barden!” Spade cried. The musician didn’t respond.

Radan used Spade’s distraction to jab at the young man’s face. Spade moved quickly enough that the blade only grazed his cheek leaving a bloody line.

“Take that, Anthony Jenkins!” Radan laughed maniacally. The battle had begun. While the two of them exchanged a fierce series of blows, the captain came behind Spade but was blocked once again by Barden. Staggering, he fought with his right hand while his left held his chest.

“No, you don’t,” Barden shook his head.

With encouraging smiles exchanged between the two friends, Spade took on a new fire. Radan jabbed at him, but with little effort, Spade stepped aside and knocked the blade away. He used blow after blow to knock the prince off balance. Radan swung wildly to deflect the ever persistent attacks.

Over to the side, Barden rolled quickly under a swipe the Captain made at his head. He had lost a lot of blood from the wounds already inflicted, and he knew he had to end this soon or he would lose. From his place on the floor, he jumped up, making a move for his opponent’s ribs, but the Captain was faster and jumped out of the way, smacking Barden with the flat of his sword and sending him sprawling back to the ground. Barden’s thoughts were racing, though, and as he fell, he whipped his own blade around, slashing the man’s ankle.

That should even things up a bit. He thought as he returned to his feet once again.

Kellan, hearing the commotion, ran into the room. Noticing that both enemies were occupied, he took the opportunity to lean against the wall and watch, taking down any lower soldiers that tried to enter with his crossbow.

Spade and Radan danced around the large banquet table. The prince jumped across to the other side, but Spade cleared the obstacle with a graceful summersault and was at Radan’s throat again.

When he had finally finished the captain by running him through with his broadsword, Barden dropped to his knees in exhaustion. Kellan made his way to the musician’s side to assess the damage to his chest and leg. They watched the Prince and Spade battle around and around. Now out on the balcony, Spade seemed to be inexhaustible—fueled by his rage and thirst for vengeance for his parents and his sister. Finally, he had worn the prince down.

Spade knocked Radan to the ground and placed his father’s sword at the prince’s throat.

“My name,” Spade huffed, sweating and breathless, “is Anthony Kavanagh. Give me the antidote.”

“It will do you no good now,” Radan laughed wickedly, “she will be dead by the time you get to her. You failed her the day you met her.”

The words stung worse than any wound. Spade let out a cry of rage as he shoved the sword to the point of bringing blood.

“Let me have it,” he demanded again.

“Here,” Radan threw the vial out of Spade’s reach. Barden dove to catch it, smearing his own blood on the stone floor.

“Got it!” he laughed happily.

Spade stared at Radan with fury in his eyes.

“I have waited for this day for ten years,” he hissed, “the day when I’d hold your pitiful life in my hands again.” Spade breathed deeply a few times, thinking about what he was about to do. His eyes softened ever so slightly. “But now that the day’s come, I find it hard to actually strike you down. Oh, I would love to,” he paused briefly, “but I think of her, and I wonder…is that what she would want me to do?”

Spade stood straight, removing his blade from the prince’s throat and sliding it back in its sheath.

“No,” he breathed deeply again, “she would rather you remain alive—just powerless...a fate that would be worse to you than death.” Spade spat on the ground then turned to walk back into the hall.

Behind him, Radan stood.

“You’ll regret that decision,” he mumbled under his breath. From his boot, the prince produced a short dagger. With a quick flick of the wrist, he placed it between Spade’s shoulder blades.

Kellan looked on in horror as Spade staggered. The young king’s hand clutched his chest as his breath caught deep in his throat. Spade’s eyes glazed before fluttering shut when the young man crumbled to the ground.

“Spade!” Kellan cried, enraged. He fired his crossbow, hitting Radan in the shoulder. With a single bound, he was over the long table and out on the balcony. Radan picked up his sword to try and defend himself, but Kellan’s strength was too much. The blacksmith swung his broadsword in reckless fury while Radan struggled to deflect the onslaught. With two blows, the blacksmith had taken the prince’s balance, and he plummeted over the side of the balcony, past the turrets, and into the battle at the gates below.

Alberich was a very fit man for his age, but he was not a warrior, and Willand knew it. Even as Alberich reached for the dagger of his own, the way he handled it betrayed his lack of skill. It was sloppy and unrefined. This man was a scholar, not a fighter.

"How lucky it was for me that the army is already heading for Darbinshire...fools! They will find only death there. And here I was planning to have an army to contend with over her, but it's only you. A washed up teacher."

Willand's taunting was successful. Alberich rushed forward, attacking the deadly assassin. Willand, however, was prepared for this, and in one fluid motion, he grabbed Alberich's arm and plunged his own blade into the man's side. Alberich cried out in pain and fell. The wound was not a fatal one. Willand had meant for it to be so. With the defense all but gone, he planned to savor this moment. The moment when he finally had access to the princess.

Suddenly, Alberich heard singing outside the window.

Keelin! He thought frantically as he lifted himself to the window.

"Keelin! Get help!!" he cried before he felt the blade again. this time deep in his shoulder. His effort was enough, though. Keelin watched him fall and saw the man in the window.

"Bad move, teacher," Willand hissed, throwing Alberich into a chair and proceeding to tie him there. "You'll ruin all my fun."

What does Keelin do?? Does she search the houses to see if any men have stayed in town? Does she ride for Darbinshire? If she takes the main road she might be able to make it by tomorrow, but she could get caught herself. Does she mount an attack of her own? You decide!!
Lilith

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

Mount an attack on Willand of her own! Kick that assassin's... ass?
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject:  

Hey Andi! :)

Another much enjoyed chappie, I have to say, and getting more and more exciting all the time as we draw ever closer to the, what I'm sure will be sensational, climax! So much was going on in this chapter though, that it's difficult to imagine it being topped. Spade and Barden badly hurt, Andolyn dying and in more immediate danger now alongside Alberich. Phew!

I found this one small thing here...

Quote: The last time, however, what had started as a quest for grandeur, and had ended in disaster with only a shred of a clue as a reward.

I don't think this 'and' should be there. It doesn't read right to me anyway.

Okay, for the dp, I think Keelin should try and gather as many people to her as possible as quickly as she can, and make her way up to the Princess's room with them. Men or women, just as many as she can, hopefully armed. We don't want Willand escaping now.

Great chappie, Andi! Keep up the good work! :)
sagittaeri

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

Her queen's life is in danger, Keelin will undoubtedly rally anyone within shouting distance and lead a charge into the room! And when I say anyone, I mean anyone. Kitchen hands, chefs, farmers, anyone. They all love Andolyn, and Willard can't fight off an angry mob.

Although, if there so happen to be a sharpshooter left behind, it would be smart to use that instead of marching into the room.

Excellent chapter! I'm loving it!
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

any more votes before we continue? =)
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject:  

I thought I commented here :O

Aww... I would have had a different suggestion :( Anyway, I've voted now xD
Lilith

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject:  

Voted! I didn't realize I hadn't already! -_-

Can't wait to see the next chapter Andi!
VenomousAngel

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject:  

Finally managed to get all caught up, Love this story. Keep up the good work hun, Dying to know what happens next!
Andolyn

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

When the prince’s body landed in the middle of their battle both sides froze immediately. Looking up, they could see Kellan holding the Radan’s sword aloft. Slowly, one by one, the castle guards lowered their weapons and raised their hands. Hearty cheers rose from the Underground and the Handunburg army.

Upstairs, Gawain ran into the hall where the battle with the prince and his men had just taken place. He had discovered that the remainder of the false royal family had fled when the fighting had begun. Gawain intended to relay this information to his new leaders, but the sight that greeted him when he entered the large room stole the very thought from his mind.

Keelin stood for a moment in shock, trying to process what she’d just seen. Someone was in the princess’s room—someone with the intention to kill. She shook her head and thought of what to do next. Without even thinking, she ran to the nearest house and began pounding on the door. After a few moments of pounding, Keelin went on to the next while screaming for help.

The only answers Keelin got for her efforts were from a few housewives who had stayed behind with their children—not the fighter she needed to take on the man she’d seen in the window. She turned back to the tavern. She’d go in alone if she had to.

“You can’t face him alone, Miss,” came a gruff female voice from behind her.

“What else am I supposed to do??” Keelin turned, frustrated and afraid.

“Ol’ Auntie Fey’ll come with ya!” the older woman was sturdily built with wiry grey-brown hair and a rolling pin in her chubby hands. She answered Keelin’s questioning look, “What? Ain’t got no kids…all grown up’n followin’ that boy to Darbinshire. Woman’s gotta do her part, ya know?”

“Alright, then…” Keelin smirked. “Let’s go.”

Kellan turned from the balcony. He stared for a moment with a heavy heart at the body of the only hope Ardara had for rebuilding.

Who will lead us now?

Barden had crawled to where Spade lay, face-down on the stone floor. From the corner of his eye, he saw Gawain enter, but he didn’t pay any attention to him.
“Spade,” Barden whispered. He grabbed the dagger and pulled it from its shallow resting in his friend’s back with a sick feeling in his stomach. He stared at the weapon with a confused look. Kellan knelt and took Spade’s shoulders gently turning his body to where Kellan could see his face.

This was twice in the last few months Kellan had held the young man this way—limp and broken with his face pale and expressionless framed by his golden hair. It took Kellan back. Back to the days when Spade had been but an infant, and Kellan had occasionally been left to watch him when there was a dangerous mission in the works. In those days, though, it had been a joy to hold him—to feel the warmth of life in his tiny body as he had squirmed in Kellan’s little arms.

Now, though, Spade was motionless, his eyes closed and his limbs dangling from Kellan’s grasp. It was all Kellan could do to hold back the tears as he hugged Spade’s body close to him.

“Kellan?” Barden held up the dagger. There wasn’t a trace of blood on the cold metal.

Kellan gazed into Spade’s upturned face. Making a fist, he rubbed the young man’s sternum with his knuckles. Spade coughed and gasped for air. Overjoyed, Kellan sat him up and patted his back. Spade winced when Kellan touched the place the dagger had been.

“Wow,” he stretched, “the prince packs a punch! What did he hit me with?”

“A dagger,” Barden was happy, but thoroughly confused. “He hit you with a dagger…in the heart. How are you alive, again?”

Kellan was marveling at Spade’s vest. He felt the fabric gently.

“I believe this remarkable piece of art is to blame,” he said, in awe, “This is pure Aegis! Where did you get this?” Aegis was a material made from flax that had been fertilized by dragon scales out of the kingdom to Ardara’s north—Elbriar. It took on the properties of the scales, and though it was the texture of silk—and just as light—it could withstand any blow and couldn’t be completely penetrated by any blade. Instead, it was said to absorb the blow, and sometimes the blade with it. It was extremely rare in Ardara.

“It was a birthday present,” Spade marveled, “from Andolyn.”

“Would you look at that,” Barden laughed, “She’s saving our lives even from a hundred miles away!”

“And now it’s time to save hers,” Spade stood after catching his breath.

“What are we going to do about the King and Queen?” Gawain remembered why he’d run in great hall to begin with.

“Don’t worry about them,” Spade waved his hand dismissively, too tired to really think about anything but getting out of the castle.

“Have my men send out a search party.” Kellan’s mind was able to focus a little better that his comrade’s at that moment.

Spade whistled loudly as they hobbled back into the hall from the balcony. By the time they made it down to the front gate, the majority of the soldiers had already been put into cells by members of the Underground. As they walked past, Kellan hurriedly passed orders along to one of his leaders. Cricket, Spade’s horse and Barden’s horse were waiting for them along with Kellan’s.

“Now that the roads are ours, it will be safe to take the shorter route to Handunburg,” Kellan thought aloud as they made their way quickly to the outskirts of Darbinshire.

With the castle in their power and the prince dead, the work was finished for the majority of the resistance fighters, but for Kellan, Barden, and Spade, the night had only begun. Once they reached the gate and were given a hearty good luck from an Undergrounder that was watching it, the three heroes broke into a full gallop and raced into the night to save their princess.

By the ways of the main road, Handunburg could be reached in one day’s comfortable ride. Unfortunately, the three that raced along the road now didn’t have one day to lose. They could not afford a comfortable ride, and now they pushed their horses to run with all the speed they could rally.

Nearly half way through their journey Barden rode up to where Kellan had held the lead from the beginning.

“Here!” he held the tiny vial out to the blacksmith who tucked it in a pouch at his waist. “Keep going! I’ve got to stop for a moment.” Barden, paled from blood loss, pulled his horse to the side of the road. He would catch up with them later.

Barden watched them race off around a bend in the road, wishing he was with them. He reached in his saddle bag to get something to drink, but his hand found a clear bottle instead of his flask. Pulling it out, he recognized the strange color of the liquid inside.

Andolyn’s ointment, He thought with a warm smile. She must have had Keelin tuck it in his bag. Even on her death bed, she’s fussing over me. Barden gingerly rubbed the stinging ointment on his chest and leg. It hurt for a moment, but felt better almost instantly.

Suddenly, a rider raced past the young man.

“Must be someone going to tell the news,” Barden mumbled to himself. He only wished his task tonight was one of such joy.

After sitting for a few moments and giving his horse some water in a nearby creek, Barden mounted him again and began the chase after Kellan and Spade.

Kellan’s mind was frozen. He rode without knowing what he was doing. The only thought that penetrated his mind was, She can’t die. She can’t die. Over and over the words rang out to the rhythm of his horse’s steps.

Spade’s desperation manifested itself in similar fashion. The ride was silent, but he felt more of a connection to Kellan than ever before. Countless times the two had fought alongside one another, even so much as to be named the “Scourge of Darbinshire” for their efforts. Never before, though, had a mission held as much urgency as this quiet night. To one, the girl they raced to save was a dear sister—the one that had brought a true smile to his heart after so many years. To the other, she was the woman he loved.

Both men ached from the blows they had received that night, but none of that mattered. They would reach Handunburg that night if it killed them.

*****What happens here?? do our heroes make it without a hitch? what happens with the attack on Willand? we're getting so close!! :D
Lilith

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

Well, Keelin would distract Willand from Andolyn by chucking something at him, drawing his attention away from the door and the princess long enough for Ol' Auntie Fey to sneak up behind Willand and clobber him with a good solid blow from her hefty roling pin. Or cast iron skillet. Either one works, trust me. ;)

The boys can tumble in as Keelin is tying unconscious Williand up to a chair very tightly. Just not in time. :P
Andolyn

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject:  

LOVE it Lil!!! XD
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject:  

Loved it! xD

I'm gonna say that Auntie Fey and Keelin 'take care' of williand, but the boys are ambushed before they can get to Handunburg xD
sagittaeri

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject:  

Ahhh another cliff hanger! Hahaha Andi, stop doing that! :D

Nah, but seriously, I loved it. But, it's not a DP, is it? Can't wait for the next part!
VenomousAngel

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

Absolutely loved it Andy, Another great addition to this story. As far as the DP goes, I would say that something has to happen to stop the boys.. Surely it cant just be a clean shot into town. I mean, you mentioned an ambush on the crew with Andy.. Surely others would be out watching and hunting Spade, as he is just as wanted as Andy is! As for the others back with Andy, Have them fighting to help her and protect her.. The old man seems strong and dependable, and that aunt... Gotta love her spirit and spunk!
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

Still waiting for our poll :)
Andolyn

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject:  

DONE!
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject:  

Voted! And sorry I missed this Andi, I have no idea how it slipped my notice! *looks ashamed*
sagittaeri

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:  

Voted! :D
Andolyn

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

HELLO THERE!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!! haha! i've been in the throws of writing a story on another website as well as getting the new mayoral thing going...oh, and Bahamas. lol! but we're just about a chapter away from finishing!!! actually, this one probably won't even have a DP because the next chapter is just a wrap up. fair warning, this one is VERY long...apologies...i just couldn't stop. XD ((trust me...you all would have killed me if i had...)) but here we go!! let me know what you think!!

By the ways of the main road, Handunburg could be reached in one day’s comfortable ride. Unfortunately, the three that raced along the road now didn’t have one day to lose. They could not afford a comfortable ride, and now they pushed their horses to run with all the speed they could rally.

Nearly half way through their journey Barden rode up to where Kellan had held the lead from the beginning.

“Here!” he held the tiny vial out to the blacksmith who tucked it in a pouch at his waist. “Keep going! I’ve got to stop for a moment.” Barden, paled from blood loss, pulled his horse to the side of the road. He would catch up with them later.

Barden watched them race off around a bend in the road, wishing he was with them. He reached in his saddle bag to get something to drink, but his hand found a clear bottle instead of his flask. Pulling it out, he recognized the strange color of the liquid inside.

Andolyn’s ointment, He thought with a warm smile. She must have had Keelin tuck it in his bag. Even on her death bed, she’s fussing over me. Barden gingerly rubbed the stinging ointment on his chest and leg. It hurt for a moment, but felt better almost instantly.

Suddenly, a rider raced past the young man.

“Must be someone going to tell the news,” Barden mumbled to himself. He only wished his task tonight was one of such joy.

After sitting for a few moments and giving his horse some water in a nearby creek, Barden mounted him again and began the chase after Kellan and Spade.

Kellan’s mind was frozen. He rode without knowing what he was doing. The only thought that penetrated his mind was, She can’t die. She can’t die. Over and over the words rang out to the rhythm of his horse’s steps.

Spade’s desperation manifested itself in similar fashion. The ride was silent, but he felt more of a connection to Kellan than ever before. Countless times the two had fought alongside one another, even so much as to be named the “Scourge of Darbinshire” for their efforts. Never before, though, had a mission held as much urgency as this quiet night. To one, the girl they raced to save was a dear sister—the one that had brought a true smile to his heart after so many years. To the other, she was the woman he loved.

Both men ached from the blows they had received that night, but none of that mattered. They would reach Handunburg that night if it killed them.

Suddenly though, as if to accentuate the desperation of their quest, just in front of the two men, a tree fell to the ground over the road, and Radan’s soldiers leapt from every direction.

“WE DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!” Spade screamed, causing the man nearest him to lose his head with one blow from his sword. Kellan swung his crossbow from his back, and began firing into the swarm of men. To get a better vantage on the ground, he stood on the horse’s back and landed on the dirt surface after a graceful summersault. The fighting was intense, and the duo was outnumbered.

Just then, a loud cry came from behind them as a new man joined the fray. Kellan recognized the tall, light brown haired man as one of his own. Krysto was his name. He was an excellent fighter, skilled in the arts of archery. From his place atop a boulder, Krysto lessened the number of enemies considerably before grabbing his sword and joining Spade and Kellan.

After several more minutes of fighting, precious minutes that the princess could not afford, Kellan and Spade were growing anxious. The numbers of their enemies were dwindling, but there were still enough for them to fight for quite some time.
They needed a way out.

Krysto knew their urgency and quickly gathered more of his arrows and began firing them at one particular spot, mowing down a pathway in the oncoming men.

“Go!” he yelled above the noise of battle, “Be with her!!”

Shocked by his actions, Kellan smiled a grim smile for the young man’s courage. Without hesitating, he mounted his horse once again, and he and Spade were off. They prayed the man’s courage and skill were enough to keep him alive.

Alberich was tied to a chair close to the window in the upstairs room of the tavern. The many gashes that now covered his face and arms ached. The cruel assassin sat staring at Andolyn as he had for several hours, though Alberich didn’t know why.

In truth, Willand had no idea how long he’d been in the room. Andolyn was here, and she couldn’t get away. This was a scenario he had never dreamed would come. Too distracted by her presence, he hadn’t done away with Alberich…yet.

Downstairs, Keelin also sat tied to a chair. Perhaps Willand was having an off night that evening, but killing hadn’t been on his mind—only securing his prize. True, the middle aged woman laying at his feet was a fortunate bonus, but the death had brought him little pleasure.

It was Kellan who first came through the large door. Looking around, he spotted Keelin, who jerked her head in the direction of the stairway with wide eyes. Without hesitation, Kellan bounded up the stairs.

Spade came through the open door next. He stopped to cut Keelin free.

“What’s going on??” he demanded.

“There’s a man! He said he was coming to take Andolyn,” Keelin was too shaken up to process her words. Spade’s breath caught.

“Willand,” he breathed, racing up the stairs after Kellan.

The blacksmith’s sudden entrance had caught Willand by surprise, but the assassin was quick. Even as Kellan lunged forward with his sword, Willand had moved himself to the head of Andolyn’s bed placing his dagger at her throat. Kellan froze.

When Spade entered the room, the assassin had pulled the girl from beneath the blankets and was using her as a shield as he tried to move to the door.

“Get away from her,” Spade had a card in his hand before Willand saw him move.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Willand challenged, “not with her in the way.”

“You’ve seen my skill, Willand,” Spade shot back. Kellan took the opportunity to swing his crossbow around and into his hands. “I have no doubt you’ve been watching us for some time, so I know you’re aware of Kellan’s accuracy as well.”

Kellan’s anger got the better of him. He fired a single arrow that pierced Willand’s hand, causing him to drop the dagger he held to Andolyn’s throat. Then without warning, Willand threw Andolyn to the ground and plunged himself through the window to the streets below.

Kellan ran to Andolyn, lifting her gently back to the bed, and pouring some of the antidote on her inflamed hand. Supporting her head, he force fed her the rest.

Spade ran to the window where he caught a glimpse of Willand running into the night a full story below. After cutting Alberich loose and checking the woman on the floor, folding her hands on her chest, he turned, and for the first time since he’d entered, really looked at his sister.

She’s so frail. The words didn’t seem powerful enough. In the few days that they had left her, Andolyn’s body had been ravaged by the poison. She was but a wraith of the girl they had left here.

Barden rode as fast as his horse would carry him. The ointment from Andolyn had given him a new fire. When passing the battlegrounds where his comrades had been ambushed, Barden paused to examine the bodies but pressed on quickly when he found that his friends weren’t among the carnage.

He was nearing town when he spotted something fall from the upstairs window of the Inn. Something big. He saw Spade standing in the window. Soon, it became obvious that what had fallen was in fact, a person. Not just any person, but Willand. Instinctively, as the man tried to run past him, Barden leapt from his horse’s back, tackling Willand to the ground.

The two men were on their feet instantly, facing one another with swords drawn.

“You plan to face me in this condition, Bard??” Willand mocked, motioning to Barden’s open wounds.

“You have cost us too much to simply walk away now,” Barden shook his head defiantly.

“So be it,” Willand smiled wickedly.

Without warning, the assassin thrust his hand toward Barden, releasing some sort of powder that burned Barden’s eyes. He stumbled back, eyes watering and feeling as though they were ablaze with white hot flames. Ignoring the pain, he squared himself and listened as Willand advanced. With a spin, Barden knocked Willand’s blade aside as though he could see it coming. He rolled into the assassin, using his own momentum to throw his elbow between the man’s ribs.

Willand fell to the ground, gasping for air. Barden wiped his eyes again. He could see now, but the vision was blurred beyond use. Willand, still on his knees, was just a rust colored lump before Barden’s burning eyes. A glint of light was enough to give away the next move, however.

In a swift motion, Willand launched one of his deadly spikes directly at Barden’s chest, but the young man again knocked it aside, rushing forward. He raised his broadsword above his head, but when he brought it down, Willand had already rolled to the side, preparing his next attack.

Barden shook his head, trying in vain to clear his vision. He took a deep breath before beginning to swing his broadsword in a large figure eight around his body. This was a tactic he rarely used, and only as a last resort. It was a maneuver that used most of his energy on one attack. This would be the final blow. This would be the moment that saw either himself or Willand walking away.

Andolyn’s fear-filled face flashed before his blinded eyes. The men who’d died before him in the battle to free Ferris lined up before him. Spade, bloodied and broken haunted him once again.

Willand had to pay.

Faster and faster, the blade spun around Barden’s body, creating a shield that nothing could penetrate. Few in the entire world had mastered this skill, and Barden was the only known master in Ardara. The speed and sheer power the maneuver required were enough to disqualify most from even attempting, but Barden, through years of discipline and pain, had achieved it.

Barden could hear the sound of metal objects hitting his shield and bouncing off as Willand attempted to get something—anything through it. Such was the art of the skill he now used that Barden could use the perfectly balanced angles of the blade to amplify the sound around him. Willand was close. Against a wall, perhaps.

Barden moved in, and Willand reacted by thrusting his sword into what seemed to be the one weak point of the attack…just like Barden wanted.

When Willand moved, Barden used the assassin’s blade to suddenly stop his own, leaving his enemy open, and his blade poised and ready for attack. With a cry and a quick lunge, Barden plunged his sword deep into Willand’s chest.

The assassin stood, a shocked expression fixed in his eyes. Slowly, he fell before Barden’s feet. The tall young man stooped, ripping the trinkets the assassin so cherished from his belt.

“I told you,” Barden panted, “You wouldn’t walk away now.”

The seconds seemed like hours, and the antidote didn’t seem to be working. Suddenly, another man, the one they’d left back at the ambush raced breathlessly into the room. Kellan stood, looking questioningly at the young man.

“Krysto?” Kellan’s voice was one of a very worried man.

“It was a trap,” he rested his hands on his knees, shaking his head. “The antidote was a rouse to draw you all out. Rocas told us the truth just after you left. Gawain had been tricked as well.”

“You mean,” Spade was in shock, “we didn’t get the cure?”

“I’m afraid there is no cure,” Krysto shook his head.

Andolyn shook with a forced breath. Kellan laid his head on her arm. Alberich bowed his head and allowed silent tears to fall on his open hands. Spade’s eyes grew wide. He felt as though part of him had just died. He turned, throwing his fists against the wall.

“No,” Barden’s voice came from the open door. He couldn’t believe what the young man had just told them. Tired and bleeding, the musician fell to his knees. None of them could stop the tears that welled up from inside.

We failed.

The hours dragged on, and every person in Handunburg tavern was pacing the floor—every person but Kellan, Spade, Alberich and Barden. They were sprawled all around the room where Andolyn slept.

Barden slouched against the far wall in the corner while Alberich stitched together the deep gashes in his leg and chest—his own wounds already tended. Barden clutched the handful of trinkets that had once been on Willand’s belt—a final victory for him, but it hardly mattered now. Spade’s bloodshot eyes lingered on the floor from his perch in the eastern window sill. Kellan’s head still rested on the bed as he prayed for the girl he loved.

Would this night never end? All of their hopes had shattered with the news of the prince’s final trickery. Now all they could do was sit and wait for their princess to die.

Kellan had never before experienced such heartbreak. He didn’t know if he would ever be able to lift himself from this place beside her. Suddenly, a soft hand began to slowly stroke his hair. Afraid to even hope, he raised his head. Andolyn’s hand paused on his cheek, wiping away the tears. She gazed at him with bloodshot eyes and the softest, most tender smile he had ever before seen. Thinking this was her goodbye, Kellan returned her gesture by placing his hand on her face. It was then that he felt it—after nearly a full week, her fever had broken.

He couldn’t control it. Kellan began to laugh. He laughed as he hadn’t laughed in all his life.

Spade, Barden, and Alberich looked at the young man, thinking he’d lost his mind with grief, but when they turned, they all began to laugh with him. Andolyn, looking as though she would break at any second, pulled Kellan to a tender kiss.

“She did it!” Alberich sang, “I don’t know how, but she did it!”

“You,” she looked at each of them, “I couldn’t leave you.”

At that moment, behind the snow covered mountains in the distance, the sun began to rise over Handunburg, but those emerald eyes were brighter than a thousand suns to the men in the room at Handunburg tavern that morning.

Whew!! so long!!! sorry. haha! like i said, no DP for this one...the final chapter is just to wrap up the loose ends of this long, loved tale. let me know what you thought, and stay tuned for the finale!!
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject:  

Hey Andi!

To be sure, it has been a while since I last read an LoK, though I wasn't disappointed with this latest installment, not least because of the scene where lovely Barden kills Willand! *starts a parade in Barden's honour* ;)

That scene in itself was well done! Fighting/action scenes really aren't the easiest to write at all, as I know from personal experience, but you managed it just fine and I very much enjoyed it. :)

Here's looking forward to the big finale! Great chappie, Andi! Keep up the good work! :)
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject:  

Awesome!! :D

I CANNOT believe that this is going to end. Such an epic you've created An. While I am looking forward to your final installment, I'm sure I will be missing these characters for a long time.

As usual, I really like your writing style. This one had a bit more action in it than the past few chapters, and like Tika said, action scenes are a bit hard to write, but you did it really well.

Looking forward to an epic finale! :D
Andolyn

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject:  

Aww vishal!! I'm blushing! It's been so fantastic having you along for the ride. :)
Lilith

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject:  

Nice one, Andi! Bring it on home to the plate! We're waiting for that last portion to give us the final chapter in the Line of Kavangh.
sagittaeri

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject:  

That was beautiful, Andi! I don't know how she survived, but I'm glad she did. When we found out that no "antidote" exists, I was sure she going to die. I'm glad she didn't.

Totally can't wait for the last chapter. :)
Andolyn

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Andolyn sat alone before an ancient mirror. The young woman that stared back at her had endured a drastic transformation from the girl that had last gazed here. The skin was still just as pale, enhanced by the opals, sapphires, and silver of the locket and earrings she now wore. The form of her body was thinner and the flowing curls considerably longer, but it was the eyes that held the greatest difference. The innocence and naivety that had once glittered on their surface was replaced by the elegance and wisdom of a queen.

Andolyn stood, moving out to the long balcony of her room that overlooked the sea. She had chosen this room almost three years ago for this very reason. Though Darbinshire was several miles from the sea, the view from her high window was vast enough to see the ships on their way to and from the ports of Bridlestrom far in the east.

There was a knock at the door behind her.
“Milady,” Kellan’s strong, yet timid voice came through the solid oak.

“Enter,” Andolyn didn’t move from her position on the balcony.

Slowly, Kellan pushed the large door open and slid into the massive room. He stepped forward, but was instantly paralyzed by what he saw. Andolyn, lost deeply in thought, leaned on the railing of the balcony. The crisp, salt air tenderly blew her golden curls back away from her face. The long, blue, silk dress she wore danced gracefully around her ankles. In a beautiful accentuation of the scene, down in the still rejoicing city of Darbinshire, the noonday bells began to toll their joyous song of freedom.

Three weeks had passed since the Ardarans had regained their nation. They were now free from the ever present threat of raids and pillaging of their homes. Instead of the filthy, drunken festivals of the Hallams spilling into the streets, families had spent the days happily rebuilding storefronts and homes, polishing every stone and returning Darbinshire to its former glory. One of the first structures to be refurbished was the beautiful church in the center of the city. It was the bells, high in the tower of this building, that Kellan heard ringing clear and loud.

At their sound, Andolyn turned to face Kellan. Again, the man was stunned. Her emerald eyes glittered brilliantly behind her long lashes. He stood in silent awe until the princess slowly reached out her hand to him.

Andolyn watched the young man advance. Since General Alistair had seen fit to enlist Kellan in the royal guard, he had recently been fitted with a suit of white armor made of rare pearlsteel from the island of Abrely off the coast of Bridlestrom. It bore the ancient crest of the Kavanaghs, the very symbol that was shared between the arms of the twin rulers. His long sword was sheathed at his waist, and his trusty crossbow was mounted to his back.

Kellan stood almost a full head and shoulders above the princess and moved with slow, determined steps as he crossed into the sunlight of the balcony. His thin face held an air of curiosity and excitement hidden behind a mask of formality. His piercing grey-blue eyes shone with the light of love and adoration as gently he knelt before his princess and kissed her hand.

Though Andolyn normally hated such formality, there was something captivating about the chivalry Kellan exuded when addressing her. He did so not out of duty, but out of genuine desire to serve her.

“Milady, it’s time,” he stood, facing her awkwardly. Kellan’s desires fought a fearsome battle against his status and duty as he stared into her smiling eyes.
“But before we go,” he stammered, “there’s something I wish to discuss.”

“What is it?” Andolyn’s eyes grew darker with concern.

“I know I have no right,” Kellan fumbled with his words, “And my station dictates that I must serve you and nothing more…”

“Kellan,” Andolyn’s hand went to his strong face, “speak your mind.”
Kellan sighed heavily. His heart and sense of duty had fought with this decision for some time now, but he knew this had to come to the surface.

“Milady,” he went to his knees, “I might…kind of, sort of, maybe…love…you…a lot.” The man’s face was as red as the rose that he produced from behind his back.

“Well,” Andolyn pulled him back to his feet, “I might…kind of, sort of, maybe…love you back.”

Kellan thought his heart would explode. He laughed shyly and stared awkwardly from the princess to the floor and back. She did the same.

He turned toward the door suddenly, offering her his arm. Andolyn laid her hand tenderly on the cold pearlsteel of his armor. With a nod of her elegant head, Kellan escorted her out of the room to where the whole of Ardara was waiting for her arrival.

Two weeks before this day, Andolyn and her friends had made a somber trip to Bridlestrom to bid the Queen a final farewell. Andolyn was not yet able to walk, so Kellan had carried the girl into the small graveyard where the beloved woman was buried. The group had left Andolyn and Anthony together to make necessary decisions about their immediate future. For now, the two of them would share a dual coronation and would rule the country as partners—brother and sister, king and queen.

That was the purpose for which the whole of Ardara had gathered today.

“Don’t be nervous,” Kellan’s voice was that of a gentle lover. “The people love you. You were meant for this.” Andolyn smiled and looked at her feet. The intricate silver lining of her dress adjusted to every move she made. “You’re a Kavanagh.”

The coronation would take place on a vast outdoor veranda where it would be visible to those inside the castle and out, overlooking the sea. When Kellan turned the corner and the new knights opened the doors, loud cheers came from everywhere. Andolyn blinked in the bright sunlight.

Under the large, vine covered canopy, along with many familiar faces including Roselyn, Andolyn saw her brother looking like the king he was in a blue and silver tunic and robe that matched her dress. Beside him, to the left, stood Barden, wearing the armor of the rank just below Kellan’s. Willand’s trinkets hung now at his waist with his broadsword as a constant reminder of the lives that were given to acquire the freedom they celebrated. Andolyn was proud to have him as a member of the Guard.

On Spade’s other side stood Alberich. The man wore robes of white with the crest of the Kavanaghs displayed proudly on his chest. Andolyn took her place on Alberich’s right, and Kellan took his place on her right.

Alberich stepped forward to address the mass of people on the lower level.

“Five decades ago, our homeland was taken from us,” boos and cries of anger came from the crowd in reply. Alberich held up his hand before continuing. “Three months ago, we found our rightful rulers,” again, the crowd roared, but this time with cheers. “Three weeks ago, we fought back, and today, we crown our true king and queen!!” The crowd was deafening.

Alberich stepped back between Andolyn and Anthony. He motioned to someone off to the side. Slowly, two people came forward; one was Ebony, and the other was Doctor Aaron Damien. Each of them held a midnight blue, velvet pillow. On Ebony’s, was the crown that the twins’ grandfather had worn as king, and on Damien’s was their grandmother’s tiara.

Anthony was the first to receive his crown. He knelt before Alberich while the scholar lifted the crown toward the people who cheered loudly. He then placed it gently on Spade’s head. The young king stood and lifted his arm, showing his half of the Kavanaghs’ crest.

Andolyn’s eyes filled with tears as Damien bowed to her. With all the respect in her heart, she curtsied back to the aged man before kissing his cheek. In the same fashion that he had used with Spade’s, Alberich lifted Andolyn’s tiara to the crowd before placing it on her bowed head. When she stood, the people’s joy erupted.

Hearing the reaction of the gathering, Spade’s mind raced back to the village where Andolyn was trusted with the children, to what they had thought to be her deathbed where she placed the kingdom over her own life, and finally to the mirror in his room at the inn.

In his mind, Spade saw his old, tattered sword from his days as Anthony Jenkins. He saw the cards and tricks of Spade, and the kingly sword and crown of Anthony Kavanagh. Three different men—three different paths, but all would remain a part of who he was forever. To him, he was Anthony Jenkins, with his fiery passion, but he was also Spade’s free spirit, and the royalty and leadership of Anthony Kavanagh. To marry the three meant that he couldn’t be tied to the duties of a king, but neither could he leave his dear sister with the weight of what they had recently accomplished.

Ardara was Andolyn’s love. The love of her people drove her every move and thought. The same could not be said for Spade. He loved his homeland, but not in the way she did. They deserved better. They deserved her. It was then that Spade knew what he had to do.

The twins came together and held their arms so that the crest was completed, then Spade astonished them all.

He stepped back and removed his crown. From his knees, he held the metal circle up to his sister. All those gathered to watch fell silent. With shaking hands, Andolyn took the crown from him.

“Andolyn,” he started, “This kingdom…it’s yours. The people rose up and fought…for you,” Andolyn opened her mouth to protest, but Spade stood and motioned to the girl waiting off to the side. Keelin came and Spade took her hand. “Andy, I love you, and I will always be here to support you however you need me…but ruling the kingdom…that’s all you, Sis. I can’t give the people what they need. I don’t have that kind of heart, but you most certainly do. You don’t need me. I had my time during the battle. Now? I’m meant for a simpler life,” he paused, looking at Keelin. “Ardara is yours, Andy. These people are yours.” He motioned out to the horde that began its lively cheering again.

Never had Andolyn been as proud of her brother as she was at that moment. Never had his desire been to hold the throne himself, but instead it had been to secure the freedom of his people. This was the true form of Anthony Kavanagh—great leader and free spirit. When there seemed to be no other option, he had been willing to sacrifice the life he loved for the good of Ardara. Now it was his turn to be freed.

Overwhelmed, Andolyn stood in awed silence as she looked out over the joyful people—her joyful people. Spade had found his purpose and now took pride in his name. For the first time, Andolyn too saw what God meant for her to be. She had come through much, but as Kellan had told her, her name was Andolyn Grace Kavanagh, Queen of Ardara, and that meant everything.

She threw her arms around Spade.

“I love you, brother,” she whispered.

“I know,” came the soft reply.

Epilogue

The name of a person. In this story, the name was Kavanagh, but it was also Barden, Kellan, Ebony, Alberich, Roselyn, Gawain, and Damien…it was Grandma. It was finding what each person was meant to do and be. Some were made to rule, others to love and protect. Some were meant to bring laughter, others guidance and direction. With each name, comes a face—a smile, a voice, and a purpose.

Sometimes in life, our purpose changes drastically. Sometimes the shift is subtle to the point of being almost undetectable. For many people, it is these subtle changes that are the most defining moments in our lives.

Through the years, we make many discoveries about others and about ourselves. Perhaps the most important discovery we will make as humans is that of God’s purpose for our lives…and perhaps the most important decision we will make is the choice to pursue that purpose.

Here, the name was Kavanagh. What’s your name?
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject:  

That was a really awesome ending, Andi! Loved it from start to finish, and the epilogue is very inspiring. Very well done indeed! And a huge congratulations on finishing your first SG! Quite the feeling, isn't it? ;)

I hope that if/when you write the sequel to this epic tale, we'll get hear more about the relationship between Spade and Keelin. I found my interest very much sparked when I read that part. :)

Congrats again, hun! You've done an extremely good job with this tale, and I can't wait to see what new things you'll come up with now that it's done! :)

*raises a glass and a cheer to the Mayoress*
sagittaeri

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject:  

Congratulations on your epic ending! Definitely one of my favourites!

Tika's suggestion is fascinating. Having sequel, or a spin-off, that centers on Spade's "simple life". :)
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject:  

THAT.WAS.EPIC! :D

Congratulations on finishing your SG, An! This is definitely my favorite in the city. I would suggest a sequel too, simply because the characters are so fascinating :) I really hope to see more of these characters.

Congratulations once again! :)

EDIT: I LOVE your sig! :D
Andolyn

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject:  

aww!! thank you, Vishal!! as you know, the characters are the most important part of this story to me, so i'm really glad you love them that much. =)
Andolyn

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:  

wow! The last post here was in 2012! Haha!

Well, it's been a long two years, and MAN have they been busy!! Many of you readers are my friends on the lovely facebook, but some aren't, and I see some new faces around as I'm browsing. I just wanted to let everyone know that here in the next month, Line of Kavanagh is going to be hitting the shelves (and internet) near you as a real, published book!!

It's been a long road, and the story looks almost nothing like what you've read here. (It's much, MUCH improved!) I'm excited to see all the work come to fruition, and I can't wait to share it with you!

If you're on facebook and you'd like to follow the progress, be sure to like "Line of Kavanagh" and "M.N. Henschen" for the latest news and updates.

Much love, all!
Andolyn
Lebrenth

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Congrats!  

A real published book? Congratulations! That's exciting to hear a SG story has made it out of IF. I hope you find great success and that you're excitedly working on your next triumph!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

Congratz Lyn-chan. I'll check my book store for the book next time I'm in there!

Storygames Home -> Storygames: Fantasy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8